Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

A little disappointed they didn't do the thing Nando v Movies suggested and introduce Eric O'Grady so you can call it Ant-Man and the Wasp and the Ant-Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1337199925772374018

Ahahahahahaahahaha

Anyway, a lot of cool news. I was just thinking the other day that Cheadle deserves more to do in the MCU.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

TwoPair posted:

Abomination (might as well be dead seeing how much Marvel memory-holed Incredible Hulk)

Disney really hurried to prove you wrong there.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lots of big stuff coming from Disney the next couple years ngl

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ghost and Goliath are the "villains" of it but they end up sympathetic so the movie throws Walter Goggins in there to just be his slimy sinister villain self to balance it out.

Its also that like the main plot of the film is just trying to find/save Michelle Pfeiffer so all the "villains" are like unrelated obstacles just in the way at the wrong time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The She-Hulk Disney+ show will also have appearances from Mark Ruffalo and Tim Roth

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

You missed Zemo, Red Skull (kinda), Arnim Zola and (to be pedantic) Thanos. I think generally the newer movies are more likely to spare the villain. Caecilius in Dr Strange isn't dead either, he's zombified or something. There's also the Winter Soldier if you want to count him (he's pretty much still a villain at the end of that movie) and a few minor villains like Klaw and Crossbones.

Zola totally dies. Well, I mean, he's already dead in TWS, but he's in a computer that then gets blown up. I'm sure future movies can use him being in the internet as an out, but I feel like his end was pretty definitive. Kaecilius doesn't necessarily die I suppose but getting taken to the Dark Dimension is one of those "fate worse than death" things where he won't get back. I didn't want to count minor villains for the most part, but I honestly forgot that T'Challa stops Zemo from committing suicide, I could've sworn I remembered him doing it.

Thanos dies twice in Endgame so I'll call it even.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Zemo is going to be in Falcon and The Winter Soldier as (I assume) the main villain

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

It gets into pedantic territory but you can argue that Zola lived a full life before getting a second one, but to be clean, he survived in one movie and died in the next.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
From the falcon/bucky trailer I'm kinda curious if the woman antagonist is supposed to be Sin the red skulls daughter, although presumably not that specific origin here

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Zemo and US Agent are in the show. I'm wondering if those masked people are Zemo's goons? They've already said he has the mask in this show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Zemo is going to be in Falcon and The Winter Soldier as (I assume) the main villain

FlamingLiberal posted:

The She-Hulk Disney+ show will also have appearances from Mark Ruffalo and Tim Roth

Motherfucker, I can't keep up with these drat announcements fast enough.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh god a lot has happened while I was playing Cyberpunk 2077 :stonk:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Motherfucker, I can't keep up with these drat announcements fast enough.
Yeah and I didn't post everything they announced either

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Between Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Secret Invasion, and Armour Wars I feel like every Disney+ announcement is made specifically for me.

:stoked:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

FlamingLiberal posted:

Here's a trailer for Loki

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337197005211365379?s=20

I don't remember Owen Wilson's casting being mentioned but I could have missed it

I also have absolutely no idea what's going on.

I didn't love the Vote Loki miniseries, but I do like how they cribbed from it here.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Vote loki didn't age well because Trump won

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Making the crossovers and/or events into miniseries is a good idea

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Have they said anything about how they're gonna give Kamala her powers in Ms. Marvel? I'd imagine it can't be Terrigen since Marvel probably wants people to forget that Inhumans happened (until they can like, retry them in Phase whatever down the road).

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

TwoPair posted:

Have they said anything about how they're gonna give Kamala her powers in Ms. Marvel? I'd imagine it can't be Terrigen since Marvel probably wants people to forget that Inhumans happened (until they can like, retry them in Phase whatever down the road).

It's going to be a mysterious compound known as "Jerrigan gas".

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Just occurred to me that f4 is in the pipeline but not X-Men

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
is that Loki as DB Cooper??

Incredible.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Was this posted

https://twitter.com/marvelstudios/status/1337200046849159170?s=21

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

site posted:

Just occurred to me that f4 is in the pipeline but not X-Men
Yeah I find that odd. It could be a case of them just having too much on their plate right now, who knows. Most of what was discussed doesn't have a release date yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It hasn't been that long since there was an X-Men movie so they might just be letting that part rest a bit before bringing it back.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Apparently they also confirmed they are not recasting T'Challa.

So either T'Challa is gonna be dead in BP2, or we're gonna get a CGI monstrosity.

Or maybe they'll just have characters be like "I just came from seeing T'Challa. He's really busy right now, but he told me to tell you 'Wakanda Forever'"

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 11, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TwoPair posted:

Terrigen and Inhumans were a pretty big deal in Agents of Shield. I haven't seen the last season yet but at least up to that point the world is filled with Inhumans who just take the wrong over the counter pills and wake up two days later with a mess, a stiff neck, and super powers. MCU hasn't acknowledged it in the films but like Disney+ is a new day and now we're hearing they might be acknowledging the Netflix shows so that seems like a simple enough explanation if they want it.

How many people even really saw or remember the Inhumans? It was real bad but it was like 1 bomb out of 30 that they tried to bury before it even aired.

edit: And TVA in the Loki trailer seems like yet another big hint/step towards Multiverse? It feels like WandaVision on is gonna start a really big ball rolling.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 11, 2020

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Inhumans was such a massive misstep I really want to hear how it even happened.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

At least Anson Mount escaped from that burning car wreck to play Captain Pike on Star Trek Discovery. He's also getting to star in his own show as the character shortly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jamesman posted:

Apparently they also confirmed they are not recasting T'Challa.

So either T'Challa is gonna be dead in BP2, or we're gonna get a CGI monstrosity.

Or maybe they'll just have characters be like "I just came from seeing T'Challa. He's really busy right now, but he told me to tell you 'Wakanda Forever'"

My suit malfunctioned and I can’t take it off it’s fine though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

In the game they just find Terrigen on a buried Kree sentry and it blows up and spreads the cloud around, no mention of the royal family. It’s not a terrible way to split the difference.
Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they reversed what they did a few years ago and they’re all just mutants now though

Jamesman posted:

Inhumans was such a massive misstep I really want to hear how it even happened.

Perlmutter was the only one who wanted it and was more or less pushed out by the time it got going, and by then nobody important gave a poo poo so they handed it over to a bad showrunner

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like there's probably tons of movie ideas that flop the way Inhumans probably should have when it had whatever bad script/change of plans/crew overhaul/technical troubles or whatever that sank it but because it was part of the MCU and because at the time the Inhumans were supposed to be Marvel's replacement for mutants it just kept limping along and downgrading in a weirdly unique way that stands out in an otherwise steady run of success.

Hell, even if it had been a bomb film it would have just been 1 of countless bad blockbusters. It all felt heightened because of the MCU. If it had been outside that it could have been Jonah Hex or Green Lantern or something.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Didn't Inhumans also get shoved out the door around the time that Disney bought Fox?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

Didn't Inhumans also get shoved out the door around the time that Disney bought Fox?

It predated the official sale by 1.5-2 years.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Phylodox posted:

It predated the official sale by 1.5-2 years.
I was right, Inhumans came out in Sept 2017, and the first public news about a possible Fox/Disney merger was November 2017. The actual sale didn't happen until 2019 but I was thinking of the announcement.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man that's a lot of good stuff in there.

I'm sure the next big announcement is gonna be X-Men. If they're working on the Fantastic Four now, they're definitely working on X-Men.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Man that's a lot of good stuff in there.

I'm sure the next big announcement is gonna be X-Men. If they're working on the Fantastic Four now, they're definitely working on X-Men.
I can definitely see them waiting a bit to move forward on X-Men since we had a long run of the Fox movies. I think it was also reported in the last month that Deadpool 3 is in early production.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Blockhouse posted:

is that Loki as DB Cooper??

Incredible.
That is indeed Loki as DB Motherfucking Cooper, yes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

muscles like this! posted:

It hasn't been that long since there was an X-Men movie so they might just be letting that part rest a bit before bringing it back.

What do you mean Logan came out in 2017 which is like 50 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I imagine planning out X-Men is a lot more complicated than the others because you have as many X-Men characters as the whole Avengers related crew. It basically doubles the universe.