Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Factum est posted:

And apparently it's not just more quests, but a whole new area.

That damned cocaine skull is mine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
If I cannot hear Hand/Eye Coordination talk about flinging chain cutters in a woman's face with Physical Instrument detailing the followup assault and Half Light expressing absolute approval and adoration for it I will still be happy with the fact I can listen to Kim Kitsuragi say that the hanged man is daba-doop-doop-dead without a hint of melody nor one muscle in his face moving. Forever.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
This is mindblowing. Might buy the collectors edition or whatever, would happily pay for DLC if they’d gone that route

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There are some absolutely bonkers unvoiced lines in this game, and I can't wait to hear all of them.

Hollow Gaunt
Aug 7, 2007

I really hope that all the VA is top-notch, though I imagine that the quality will differ between the primary characters and those that aren't too central to the plot. I'm wondering which characters will sound completely different than in my head.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Finally, I am rewarded for waiting like two years to play this

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Factum est posted:

I really hope that all the VA is top-notch, though I imagine that the quality will differ between the primary characters and those that aren't too central to the plot. I'm wondering which characters will sound completely different than in my head.

The quality is kinda all over the place already, so who knows.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm gonna spend 250 dollars

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I might too but I don't want a loving box, or a vinyl statue, I just want the art book & to materially support people who brought me joy

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

That's really loving cool about the big update.

I havent finished the game yet and I'm really dumb and need a little help. No spoilers really and probably everyone's finished before me but I'm spoilering anyway.

I'm on Day 4 and have seemingly hit a wall at "convince Titus of your authority" or whatever. I've wondered around and done everything that I can find other than that trying to scrounge up XP to put into authority so I can try the check again but can't find anything that's going to get me there. Am I screwed and need to reload to a point before my last skillpoint assignment, am I missing something obvious?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Kiranamos posted:

The quality is kinda all over the place already, so who knows.

hah, i wonder if they thought about redoing the chapo voices.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Roctavian posted:

I might too but I don't want a loving box, or a vinyl statue, I just want the art book & to materially support people who brought me joy

I'm sorry but I'm going to buy ten and send you only the boxes and vinyl statues.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Drewsky posted:

That's really loving cool about the big update.

I havent finished the game yet and I'm really dumb and need a little help. No spoilers really and probably everyone's finished before me but I'm spoilering anyway.

I'm on Day 4 and have seemingly hit a wall at "convince Titus of your authority" or whatever. I've wondered around and done everything that I can find other than that trying to scrounge up XP to put into authority so I can try the check again but can't find anything that's going to get me there. Am I screwed and need to reload to a point before my last skillpoint assignment, am I missing something obvious?

You don't need to do that to progress the game. You don't need to do... a LOT of things to progress the game. The way the game is structured though it's really hard to tell like... what you can/need to do.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

I'm kinda hoping they don't voice the skills, might feel weird if the voices in your head aren't... uh...

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

If one of the big updates is fixing the shivers check being the only way to reach the ending this would be an INSANE improvement on an already great game

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

What if they're all just the same guy as our limbic/lizard brain?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Roctavian posted:

Can I have your statue?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I will be voice acting the tie.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If one of the big updates is fixing the shivers check being the only way to reach the ending this would be an INSANE improvement on an already great game

i can't see them letting that slide. it's the one big sticking point.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

full voice acting, they are mad hahahahahahahaa but they can pull it off

are they bringing back the chapos to say once more with feeling or they are going with pros this time lmao

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Arist posted:

Coming to PS4 and PS5 in March, you got your wish

i knew this would happen i am a prophet

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

dead gay comedy forums posted:

full voice acting, they are mad hahahahahahahaa but they can pull it off

are they bringing back the chapos to say once more with feeling or they are going with pros this time lmao

This is gonna happen because it will force Matt Christmas to say “protect the cop!” sincerely

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I will riot if they recast the chapos.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

wizardofloneliness posted:

I will riot if they recast the chapos.

matt and felix can stay, at least you could see effort there

virgil and will though ahahahahahahahaa

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

They should re-cast the chapos, honestly. I say this as a fan of both the game and pod.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I am so ready for the clusterfuck that will be fully-voiced skill arguments :magical:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Bloody Pom posted:

I am so ready for the clusterfuck that will be fully-voiced skill arguments :magical:

I just want Half Light loudly telling me to smash everyone I meet in the face before they strangle me in my sleep

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Bloody Pom posted:

the trailer explicitly mentions the people of the city, though

I don't think skills are going to be voiced at all

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah I don't think the skills are getting VO's. I think they will call back the original voice actors to fill out the material they have written. Personally I'll be psyched listen to Kim Kitsuragi more, or hear Joyce talk about the pale for like 2 hours. Also an interesting reference in the portion of that trailer that talks about the political vision quest, Harry seems to be building something that looks like Tatlin's Tower?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

oh ffs, that scene in the trailer? "building communism" in a shamanic vision quest?

Tatlin's Tower posted:

Tatlin's Tower, or the project for the Monument to the Third International (1919–20),[1] was a design for a grand monumental building by the Russian artist and architect Vladimir Tatlin, that was never built.[2] It was planned to be erected in Petrograd (now St. Petersburg) after the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917, as the headquarters and monument of the Comintern (the Third International).

holy poo poo go gently caress yourself kurvitz god loving drat it lmao

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
Finally get to climb the horse statue, nice. Thought it was crazy for Pillars of Eternity 2 to have full voice acting, not sure if that game had more total dialogue than DE.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

if just some of the skill lines were voiced, that would be just oh so great

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Just literally hire David Lynch to voice Inland Empire

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pattonesque posted:

HEY! THERE IT IS! THAT STRANGE "FEELING" AGAIN, AS IF THERE WAS MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE ABOUT THAT PILE OF ROOFING MATERIALS!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh man i assumed the skill lines would be included in "every line is voiced" what a bummer if they aren't

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

oh man i assumed the skill lines would be included in "every line is voiced" what a bummer if they aren't

from the site:

quote:

ALL OF THE CITY'S BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE ARE BROUGHT TO LIFE WITH FULL VOICEOVER. PLAY CHARACTERS AGAINST EACH OTHER, TRY TO HELP THEM, OR FALL HOPELESSLY IN LOVE AS EACH WORD IS SPOKEN TO YOU WITH THE APPROPRIATE ACCENT AND EMOTION.

edit: holy poo poo that burn hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

HEY! THERE IT IS! THAT STRANGE "FEELING" AGAIN, AS IF THERE WAS MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE ABOUT THAT PILE OF ROOFING MATERIALS!

CUNO, YOU ARE WITNESSING A FRONT THREE-QUARTER VIEW OF TWO ADULTS SHARING AN INTIMATE MOMENT

*misses shot on rope holding up dead body*

KEEP LOOKING SONNY, IT’S GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

or get 4 really talented actors to do all skills for their respective categories

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

or get 4 really talented actors to do all skills for their respective categories

yeah the reptillian brain, limbic system, and spinal cord are all already voiced by the same guy with convincingly different tones (but identifiably still the same guy) so that could work. just be more dramatic when voicing drama and more cool and calculated for visual calculus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Real talk this is a good idea