Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

CapnAndy posted:

That is indeed Loki as DB Motherfucking Cooper, yes.

Does he meet Bigfoot afterwards, is my question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I imagine planning out X-Men is a lot more complicated than the others because you have as many X-Men characters as the whole Avengers related crew. It basically doubles the universe.

Yeah, if they really wanted to go hard on the X they could create a whole slate of just mutant stuff.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It's also a lot easier to explain why there haven't been F4 characters until now than it is to explain where the X-Men have been. They might need to brainstorm on that for a little bit. :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can easily double the MCU's annual output with X-Men stuff. You can't just do 10 years of a core team with a new face or two each movie like Fox did, that's such a waste.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

JordanKai posted:

It's also a lot easier to explain why there haven't been F4 characters until now than it is to explain where the X-Men have been. They might need to brainstorm on that for a little bit. :v:
I saw some rando on quora point out today that the Infinity Stones canonically release a great deal of gamma radiation, and there were just three Gauntlet snaps set off on Earth in short succession of each other. I'd be satisfied with that for an explanation.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If they’re introducing multiple realities and the ability to travel between them, then they can just have mutants be the dominant super presence on Earth-617 or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine X-Men is delayed abut by the likelihood that there's still a lot of doubt/debate/negotiations about the whole Ryan Reynolds/Hugh Jackman of it all. With all the multiverse stuff being thrown around they could use some or all of the established X-Men stuff but I'm sure they wouldn't want to do anything until they really knew what they were doing. And the multiverse thing is still being teased instead of outright confirmed so even if they have a Deadpool 3 worked out they might want to wait until WandaVision or Strange or something. Plus you gotta introduce mutants as a concept and figure out what you want to do with that.

Fantastic Four feels much easier on paper. No one cares about the movies, they're a team independent of anything else, you can tease or set them up in a bunch of different ways in other films and tv shows without having to commit to big status quo stuff. X-Men just seems like a heavier first domino to knock down. FF are a new movie. X-Men are like a new wing.

Plus once you do know what you're doing you could save a Deadpool or Wolverine cameo as a big surprise.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It took a second viewing of the Loki trailer to notice that the TVA lady meets Loki at a desk with three giant masks behind it, and there are three statues on the outside of the building.

We have officially lived long enough to see a cinematic Living Tribunal, who says 2020 is all bad

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Where do the FF go to earn their adventurer cred? Ant-Man and the Wasp have laid claim to the micro, the Avengers have dabbled in time travel and other universes, as apparently will Dr. Strange and Spider-Man, Black Panther has already been established, and you've got cosmic stuff pretty well covered so far with Captain Marvel and Thor and the Guardians. Where can they boldly go where no superhero has gone before? Negative Zone?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So now DC has Luke and Marvel has Owen.

Begun, these Wilson wars have.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lobok posted:

Where do the FF go to earn their adventurer cred? Ant-Man and the Wasp have laid claim to the micro, the Avengers have dabbled in time travel and other universes, as apparently will Dr. Strange and Spider-Man, Black Panther has already been established, and you've got cosmic stuff pretty well covered so far with Captain Marvel and Thor and the Guardians. Where can they boldly go where no superhero has gone before? Negative Zone?

Negative Zone is the safe bet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think a good hook for the FF would be Reed leading the team that's trying to develop intergalactic travel/defense now that we know everyone's out there but still reliant on waiting until they get here or friendly aliens or wizards throw a bone. And their origin traditionally involves them failing so they don't actually have to go anywhere the first time out. But big picture I can see Reed being the guy people are looking to in order to take us to the next step with Stark gone.

But they can also do the Negative Zone. Or space can just be a big rear end place with lots of planets and species we still haven't seen or dug too deep into besides Thor throwing a hammer at them or Rocket trying to blow them up.

X-Men gonna get us the Kree-Shiar War eventually.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 11, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
On the one hand since Kang is confirmed for Ant-Man I feel like getting to the negative zone and annihilation too soon with f4 wouldn't work

On the other I was struck by the idea of a Reed Richards hearing about the infinity gauntlet and trying to find that energy and ending up poking a hole into white space and encountering the beyonders which is arguably much bigger than annihilus and now I don't know what to think

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I hope they don't try to get Hugh Jackman back. He was iconic and always gave 100% even when the material didn't deserve it, but he's also played the guy for like... 20 years, and he put a beautiful coda on his interpretation with Logan. He's also getting pretty old for the role of they're gonna keep having him appear. I'm ready for fresh blood in these roles.

Edit: I'm also really excited at the possibility of the Brood. They're a really scary threat. Lmao if Disney owns the rights to the xenomorphs from the Alien franchise (at this point I can't keep track of what they've gobbled up) they can even tie the Brood in with them somehow.

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 11, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

More

https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1337202960611336192?s=19
https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1337203004383047681?s=19
https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1337207426605527041?s=19
https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1337211470803824642?s=19
https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1337213569046351872?s=19

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Is he going to prepare for the role by killing some deities? Will he use his Batman voice?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Posted it last page but I'll comment on it now: I'm honestly surprised they're actually doing Gorr when Hela kinda stole a lot of his aesthetic already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chris Evans is doing a Buzz Lightyear film for Pixar.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My pitch for F4 is Reed is just super smart scientist that has no interest in the super hero world, he'll let Stark and Pym and the rest do that kind of stuff. Without Tony Stark the powers that be need a new super smart guy who makes tech for the world. Reed being more of a theoretical guy does his cosmic ray experiement without thinking it through because he's bad at practical stuff. Zap we get Fantastic 4.

God drat Loki as DB Cooper is fantastic. They haven't said any other casting about Loki? Having Candidate Loki without Secret Service Angela just seems wrong.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
What an exciting day!! Man I can't wait for basically everything to come out. It all looks so awesome

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MH Knights posted:

Is he going to prepare for the role by killing some deities?

I mean...he gonna cut his nose off, I’ll tell you whut.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

TwoPair posted:

All this got me thinking about how much these movies kill their villains and out of all 23 current MCU films, the only villains that survive the movie they're introduced in are

• Abomination (might as well be dead seeing how much Marvel memory-holed Incredible Hulk)
  • Justin Hammer (Iron Man 2)*
  • Loki
  • Dormammu*
  • Vulture
  • Grandmaster* (Thor Ragnarok)
  • Yon-Rogg/the Kree in general

*And those guys were side villains, the movies always made sure to kill another villain!

edit: okay I guess no one died in Ant-Man and the Wasp but I can't even remember who the villain in that was really. Scott's probation officer?

Mordo is still kickin' around, along with Ayesha and the Sovereign. Also Batroc. Kidnapped and debriefed, but not killed. Also you got Vulture listed there, but that movie also had Tinkerer survive along with one good Shocker.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Speaking of people still kicking around, I would love to see Tim Blake Nelson get a proper outing as The Leader.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Madkal posted:

Rewatching the first Spiderman right now because of this conversation and I must say that the whole "person walking in off the street to wrestle what I assume is a professional" just does not seem realistic at all.

next reboot will have Peter participating in STREETBEEFS

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

SlimGoodbody posted:

Lmao if Disney owns the rights to the xenomorphs from the Alien franchise (at this point I can't keep track of what they've gobbled up) they can even tie the Brood in with them somehow.
They do. And the Predators!

Also I love that America Chavez being confirmed is, like, the twenty-seventh most important thing they announced today. They're 100% doing Young Avengers next.

twistedmentat posted:

My pitch for F4 is Reed is just super smart scientist that has no interest in the super hero world, he'll let Stark and Pym and the rest do that kind of stuff.
I have a pitch for F4 that is a post-credits scene in an unrelated movie to tease it and a three movie synopsis, don't tempt me

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I would love it if they retconned in that in Avengers Endgame, after Cap says "we're gonna need a really big brain," Cap and Ant-Man visit Reed Richards who immediately gives them the "go gently caress yourselves" like Logan in X-Men: First Class.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I can't believe Owen Wilson is playing Mark Gruenwald.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every single trailer looks so good.

Hoping for some brilliant F4 casting.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Every single trailer looks so good.

Hoping for some brilliant F4 casting.

Reed is such a unique character that I have a really hard time coming up with casting choices for him. I almost think they'll need to go with an unknown. Neither guy they've cast as him had any of the qualities I think of when I think of Reed, but I'm sure marvel will do a better job. Very curious about who they go with.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

Reed is such a unique character that I have a really hard time coming up with casting choices for him. I almost think they'll need to go with an unknown. Neither guy they've cast as him had any of the qualities I think of when I think of Reed, but I'm sure marvel will do a better job. Very curious about who they go with.

Way, way back in the day, I used to envision Pierce Brosnan as Reed (based mostly on him playing a similar '50s/'60s professor character in Mars Attacks) and the lovely, ageless Gretchen Mol as Sue. But both are too old now, especially Brosnan.

After not becoming Black Widow, Peggy Carter, or Captain Marvel, it would be nice for Emily Blunt to finally get a shot. Or what about Anna Torv, who was so great in Fringe?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Just no blue contact lenses.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

As far as I can tell, here's the list of all the upcoming Marvel stuff:

Movies:
03/19/21 - Morbius
05/07/21 - Black Widow
07/09/21 - Shang-Chi
11/05/21 - The Eternals
12/17/21 - Spider-Man 3
03/25/22 - Dr. Strange 2
04/08/22 - Spider-Verse 2
05/06/22 - Thor 4
07/08/22 - Black Panther 2
11/11/22 - Captain Marvel 2
2023 - Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Unknown - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Unknown - Fantastic Four
Unknown - Blade
Unknown - Deadpool 3

Disney+ Series:
01/15/21 - WandaVision
03/19/21 - Falcon and Winter Soldier
May 2021 - Loki
Summer 2021 - What If?
Late 2021 - Hawkeye
Late 2021 - Ms. Marvel
Unknown - She-Hulk
Unknown - Moon Knight
Unknown - Secret Invasion
Unknown - Ironheart
Unknown - Armor Wars
Unknown - I Am Groot

Am I missing anything?

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Super Dan posted:

As far as I can tell, here's the list of all the upcoming Marvel stuff:

Am I missing anything?

There's the GotG Holiday Special for Disney+

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sumo posted:

There's the GotG Holiday Special for Disney+

This got me thinking; presumably Rocket has a pretty good grasp on Earth holidays at this point, right? He spent five years hanging out on or at least periodically returning to Earth.

I wonder if he's going to decorate Groot.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Way, way back in the day, I used to envision Pierce Brosnan as Reed (based mostly on him playing a similar '50s/'60s professor character in Mars Attacks) and the lovely, ageless Gretchen Mol as Sue. But both are too old now, especially Brosnan.

After not becoming Black Widow, Peggy Carter, or Captain Marvel, it would be nice for Emily Blunt to finally get a shot. Or what about Anna Torv, who was so great in Fringe?

Even young Brosnan is too like... Likeable. Reed in my head is a guy who comes off as cold and distant and maybe even a bit scatterbrained if you don't know him well, but under that is a really genuinely warm, self sacrificing person who does everything for his family and the world. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head for it.

E: That one issue that's a retelling of the origin but then he tells it to baby Valeria after but in a way that's less "we got these cool powers," and is instead "your daddy made a really bad mistake that ruined the lives of all the people closest to him, and all this celebrity poo poo is because it's the closest to normal I can give them now," should be the scene people use to audition.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 11, 2020

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Super Dan posted:

As far as I can tell, here's the list of all the upcoming Marvel-related stuff:

Updated to add GotG Holiday Special and Venom 2:

Movies:
03/19/21 - Morbius
05/07/21 - Black Widow
06/21/21 - Venom: Let There Be Carnage
07/09/21 - Shang-Chi
11/05/21 - The Eternals
12/17/21 - Spider-Man 3
03/25/22 - Dr. Strange 2
04/08/22 - Spider-Verse 2
05/06/22 - Thor 4
07/08/22 - Black Panther 2
11/11/22 - Captain Marvel 2
2023 - Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Unknown - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Unknown - Fantastic Four
Unknown - Blade
Unknown - Deadpool 3

Disney+ Series:
01/15/21 - WandaVision
03/19/21 - Falcon and Winter Soldier
May 2021 - Loki
Summer 2021 - What If?
Late 2021 - Hawkeye
Late 2021 - Ms. Marvel
December 2022 - GotG Holiday Special
Unknown - She-Hulk
Unknown - Moon Knight
Unknown - Secret Invasion
Unknown - Ironheart
Unknown - Armor Wars
Unknown - I Am Groot

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The correct opinion is mine: star wars as a whole is bad but things under that umbrella can be good on their own merits.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

Even young Brosnan is too like... Likeable. Reed in my head is a guy who comes off as cold and distant and maybe even a bit scatterbrained if you don't know him well, but under that is a really genuinely warm, self sacrificing person who does everything for his family and the world. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head for it.

E: That one issue that's a retelling of the origin but then he tells it to baby Valeria after but in a way that's less "we got these cool powers," and is instead "your daddy made a really bad mistake that ruined the lives of all the people closest to him, and all this celebrity poo poo is because it's the closest to normal I can give them now," should be the scene people use to audition.

I've never been a big Fantastic Four fan, but I think that was from Mark Waid and the late, great Mike Wieringo's first issue, and I have nothing but love for it. One day I should maybe read that whole run.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Phylodox posted:

This got me thinking; presumably Rocket has a pretty good grasp on Earth holidays at this point, right? He spent five years hanging out on or at least periodically returning to Earth.

That period probably had the absolute worst holidays though. Just a bunch of people sitting together, thinking about the people they've lost.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hard to believe in Jesus when a purple space man killed half your friends and family