Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

NikkolasKing posted:

Fuckin' Destroy? That is the Legion/geth dies ending and therefore is the absolute worst.

Also for gently caress's sake. where is my Jade Empire 2? That universe had way more potential than ME1 did and we're now on ME5. Let it die.

“Oh it turns out the space kid was lying”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Just announce which rear end in a top hat is gonna ruin the franchise this time amd how Bioware is gonna dig out of the hole of ME3.

Cause ME:A sure as he'll didn't.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

NikkolasKing posted:

Fuckin' Destroy? That is the Legion/geth dies ending and therefore is the absolute worst.

Legion and the geth die before the ending no matter what choices you make.

Seriously, reaper tech is always corrupting and brainwashing people just from proximity. They previously brainwashed the geth just by introducing subtle rounding errors. And now the geth are installing software provided directly by the reapers that fundamentally changes the way they work?

They’re gone. Just reaper drones biding their time.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Just make Indoctrination Theory canon and Space Bieber was lying about the geth I want a good ME game, you cowards! :argh:

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I have no confidence that modern Bioware is in any way capable of producing a quality Mass Effect game. Hell, I don't know that they're capable of making a good game of any type.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I will buy this because I have no self control and love the Mass Effect series, just like I will buy Dragon Age 4.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Torrannor posted:

I will buy this because I have no self control and love the Mass Effect series, just like I will buy Dragon Age 4.

My favorite part of ME:A was the bit where I discovered the space APC didn't have any weapons and needed a gear change to go up a gentle incline. What was yours?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SgtSteel91 posted:

Quarians rebuild them, bing bong done moving on

Turns out it was all the Quarians who died instead of the Geth, and the galaxy rejoiced.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

Turns out it was all the Quarians who died instead of the Geth, and the galaxy rejoiced.

Remember the Tali fans in ME:2 who would get her exiled from the fleet specifically so she would have nowhere else to go and would thus be forced to live on the Normandy with Shepard forever?

Peppridge Farms remembers.

The old Bioware forums before they submerged themselves fully into EA were a special brand of putrid but I sort of miss all those displays of public crazy.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Dear Tali
I hope you don't take this letter the wrong way
But I love the way you hold you head and your long legs
I love the way that you wring your hands shyly
I know that you're the type of girl to treat your man kindly

You're such a phenom', you are supple but strong
I wanna clutch you in my arms when something is wrong
I wanna see you suitless I'm certain your eyes are
Beautiful when you remove your purple-ish visor

Dear Tali
You're the only one that matters to me
It's hard to explain the way I feel accurately
When Saren fell, you didn't get your share of the accolades
I love the grace of the gait, the curve of your raptor legs

I know that in the past that you were tormented, I'm sorry
You had to stand around and watch as I was courted by Liara
And the horrors of Nazara were weathered by us all
But you know that I will catch you and protect you if you fall

Dear Tali
I think by now you prolly know I like you
I hope to one day meet a real girl who is like you
All the ones I know only wanna date jerks
They don't appreciate the nice guys, shame how it works

But I know a perfect creature such as you would understand me
And help me salvage Geth tech (this should come in handy)
You know we have a bond that has no reason to be severed
I will get you exiled if it means we'll be together

Dear Tali
I am sorry the Geth got Kal'Reegar
But if anything the loss has mad your quiver sound sweeter
Never meant for this to happen, couldn't bare for you to hate me
Let me hold you a minute, I know you cared for him greatly

There ain't no way to properly communicate my love for you
I almost wanna see you suffer just so I can comfort you
The other women on the Normandy are such whores
You are like a little sis, but I want more, much more

Dear Tali
You are tough but as pretty as a tender rose
I love your purple pattern hood and your slender clothes
Your compassion for the galaxy and all of the creatures
I love the way you always follow your leader

I love the way you're fiery but always vulnerable
I love your accent and how the R's give you trouble
I love the way I make you stutter, awkwardly grin
I love the way you keep your suit taut on your skin

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

That definitely looks like a dead Reaper in the background and what Liara is standing on

I'd lose it if they made Destroy+ the canon ending and brought Shepard back

Destroy is the only canon ending where you complete your mission, so this checks out :hmmyes:

Also just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in. I'm almost certainly going to end up buying this game (and dragon age 4) because I'm a massive chump. I refuse to preorder this time though!!

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

They could make it ambiguous. Control could have happened and Shepard policed the galaxy for a bit with the reapers before dumping them on some planet somewhere. And synthesis could have... the DNA was... uh.... hmm.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Joker's Hat lives.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

DancingShade posted:

My favorite part of ME:A was the bit where I discovered the space APC didn't have any weapons and needed a gear change to go up a gentle incline. What was yours?

My favorite part of ME:A was being told my char would be the pathfinder to find new colonizable planets and new alien species, only to be beaten to all of those by random Milky Way schmucks.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
We are also now at 50/50 that next Mass Effect gaming having decent multiplayer.

How is it that I'm actually looking forward to Mass Effect having multiplayer?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
"Early production" probably means we're at least two years out, so this has plenty of time to morph into the 'ghost' of Mordin, who's brain patterns somehow got encoded into the Force, excuse me, a Mass Effect Field, guiding Jacob's child on a mission to do something, I really don't know, time travel shennanigans, the Pathfinder shows up for no good reason, and oh by the way, it turns out the Reapers were the good guys all along, and something Even Worse has now come to the galaxy. With special guest star Rob Schneider as the wacky comic relief.

Seriously though, I'm cautiously optimistic. I still remember picking up ME2, plopping it in my 360, and the game was so awesome that the 360 RROD'd on the spot.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
haha get hosed Andromeda galaxy

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

DancingShade posted:

My favourite was how the best quest(Ryder Family Secrets) was gated behind collecting stupid orbs scattered over the bad open world areas.

Also for how it's kinda funny how little you have to do to finish the game.

Eos - You have to fight some kett, meet Pee Bee and Drack, do the 3 monoliths, complete the vault and set up the outpost. That's by far the most you have to do on one planet.
Aya - Just follow that Angaran and talk to some people at the end and meet Jaal.
Havarl - Run over to some scientists in a monolith.
Voeld - go straight to the Moshae mission.
Kadara Port - Talk to Sloane, talk to Reyes, talk to the prisoner and then drive straight to the transponder.
Archon Ship mission
Elaaden - Don't visit Elaaden at all.
Remnant city mission.
Final Mission.

One outpost, one ark rescued, one planet completely avoided(you can also avoid Havarl but the scientist quest is faster than the other quest), 3 planet's open world gamplay of just running from point A to B, no loyalty missions. I mean you can skip a lot in Mass effect 2 but you have to do at least 4 recruitment missions(more if you don't recruit Zaeed and/or Kasumi) and then if you don't do any recruitment/loyalty missions in the second part of the game you have to do 5 side worlds. And your reward for doing that is everyone but Joker dies so it's funny. With Andromeda only Captain Dunn dies, which also happens to normal playthoroughs runs if they say the wrong thing to turian potential pathfinder. Literally nothing happens if you just do 10% of the game. Sloane even turns up for some reason in the final battle.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
this is going to suck rear end and I'm excited to watch another mass effect crash and burn on re-entry

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Gently loling at the fact they decided to call a character Pee. Bee.

Not Phoebe, not the initials PB. Pee Bee. Why.

Fanfic writers should go on a pre emptive industry blacklist I swear.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Strategic Tea posted:

Gently loling at the fact they decided to call a character Pee. Bee.

Not Phoebe, not the initials PB. Pee Bee. Why.

Fanfic writers should go on a pre emptive industry blacklist I swear.

Actually her name is Pelessaria B'Sayle. The first name I believe they got from an episode of Countdown where the letter game had 'pelessari' and they added an 'a' to fit the asari naming convention. And B'Sayle was as close as they could get to B'Elanna without Paramount suing them.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
The entirety of the new Mass Effect will be played through in memory sequences. Liari recorded the aftermath of the reaper war into a VR capsule, copied it a trillion times, and shot all of them at the Andromeda Galaxy. Every sapient creature in Andromeda now knows the story of the Sheppa and will hold them forever in their hearts and mind because it was actually a Reaper control program.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Who wants the bet they're going to change the ending of ME3 in the Remaster collection to set up Mass Effect: will continue?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
So some people are suggesting Will Continue is a sequel to Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda at the same time and Michael Gamble is replying to pro Andromeda comments with wait and see. Which sounds like the worst of both worlds. And this being modern Bioware it's probably true.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
The real question is, when Will Continue meets Marauder Shields, will they fight, or be allies? Or will they start out as enemies, only to discover a mutual respect and understanding, then work together to defeat some great threat?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Moola posted:

haha get hosed Andromeda galaxy

well

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1337259652220764163

also some info on the team making it:

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1337263676022112256
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1337264042549727232
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1337264866168426497
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1337266838032379904

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

*6 months later*

"Everman, Ley, Holmes, and Watts resign from bioware under abrupt circumstances"

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ainsley McTree posted:

*6 months later*

"Everman, Ley, Holmes, and Watts resign from bioware under abrupt circumstances"

More like "1.5 years later, they resign under abrupt circumstances, ME4 delayed for a year". Repeat until Duke Nukem levels are reached.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

Who wants the bet they're going to change the ending of ME3 in the Remaster collection to set up Mass Effect: will continue?

If they dont do this, theyre missing a titanic opportunity

I dont think theyll do it

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

If they dont do this, theyre missing a titanic opportunity

I dont think theyll do it

they should announce the new ME3 ending a month before release of the Legendary edition and pair it with a new ME4 trailer

this is money on the table

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cross-Section posted:

I'm guessing we're a few hundred years post-ME3 given the age lines on Liara there

At the very least, it's got me curious

It'd be pretty funny if they just kept cloning Shepard every time some bullshit starts happening

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

RBA Starblade posted:

It'd be pretty funny if they just kept cloning Shepard every time some bullshit starts happening

Ha ha watch Bioware do that since it would be a cheap and easy way to write why Shepard looks different every time and is a blank slate to learn new stuff. Or some how turn Shepard into some sort of digital Reaper Trill.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Cloning the same traumatized war hero until you get Cyber Space Jesus worked for Dune

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

In Case Of Galactic Threat, Break Glass

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

This'll be the first Mass Effect where you can play as a non-human in single player.

You're You're Liara and Shepard's Asari daughter.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Halloween Jack posted:

Cloning the same traumatized war hero until you get Cyber Space Jesus worked for Dune

God drat it I had forgotten those books

Kevin J Anderson or whatever his name is has a lot to answer for

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DarkHorse posted:

God drat it I had forgotten those books

Kevin J Anderson or whatever his name is has a lot to answer for

That part was in the good books

Well the cyber part wasn't

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Hedrigall posted:

They could just say “this game takes place in one of the possible timelines after mass effect 3” and leave it at that

Have you recently suffered head trauma?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ainsley McTree posted:

*6 months later*

Nostradamus was reincarnated and this is the proof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly more games should do the drakengard "different endings result in different sequels" thing