Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Gonna play this soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Stealth seems really powerful in this since (at least so far) it's a guaranteed one hit kill on anyone. It's cool taking on side jobs I'm under leveled for and silently assassinating targets but I might chill on it for a little because it feels kind of OP

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

goferchan posted:

Stealth seems really powerful in this since (at least so far) it's a guaranteed one hit kill on anyone. It's cool taking on side jobs I'm under leveled for and silently assassinating targets but I might chill on it for a little because it feels kind of OP

I took the perks to increase my damage out of combat, increase my damage with silenced weapons, and increase my overall damage with rifles/pistols, and I still can't kill anyone in one headshot out of combat if they're even slightly higher level than me. Stealth takedowns seems to be the only way to avoid having to deal with how spongey everyone is.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

Gonna play this soon

I'm one hour away, can't wait to run over bitchpants

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

That’s why stealth in every game is for pussies.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

some more cyber punks i liked

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i have to delete games to make space for the update lmao

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Wormskull posted:

That’s why stealth in every game is for pussies.

this.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Donny.

Lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Is there no realism difficulty or whagever In this game where I can just loving shoot someone

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Is there no realism difficulty or whagever In this game where I can just loving shoot someone

Nope. Everyone's cyber head has epic bullet resistance my good sir.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol whenever you go down the stairs you can see your arms swinging in front of you like V is trying to gauge a jump

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

yeah dude we’re all playing it on stadia

stadia kicks rear end

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man all the story missions are sick so far. Going into the Animal hideout is so intense. I decided to meet with the Militech lady, take her booby trapped credit chip, and then hack and defuse it. Then I put a gun to Royce's head but gave him the money and warned him that Militech was trying to gently caress him. Really it seems like that could have gone a whole lot of different ways

goferchan fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 11, 2020

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this isn't grabbing me the same way witcher 3 did, but it's been fun. not sure when I want to start just doing side jobs, i feel more pushed toward the main quest.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

this isn't grabbing me the same way witcher 3 did, but it's been fun. not sure when I want to start just doing side jobs, i feel more pushed toward the main quest.

The main story is easy content too. All the reviewers said the main game was too easy, but I’ve had my rear end kicked so many times by side quests and random assaults.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i spent so much time trying on clothes and staring at perks that I only just started ripper doc, so maybe I should let the game teach me a little more before I go chasing side missions anyway

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think they made it too easy so that it's basically impossible to gently caress up your build on a first play through as you learn all the random poo poo.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i found purple cargo shorts that will carry me clear into the postgame content.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i spent so much time trying on clothes and staring at perks that I only just started ripper doc, so maybe I should let the game teach me a little more before I go chasing side missions anyway

Yeah keep pushing through it for a little bit -- there's some cool early side quests that open up some new stuff but you'll get them directly through calls or texts. IMO don't stress about doing ?s on the map (unless you just feel like it) until you get through the prologue, which is pretty long

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stop pep talking each other about this easy rear end turd. Christ almighty.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dry heaving from too many side quest choices style of RPG gamer.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

Yeah keep pushing through it for a little bit -- there's some cool early side quests that open up some new stuff but you'll get them directly through calls or texts. IMO don't stress about doing ?s on the map (unless you just feel like it) until you get through the prologue, which is pretty long

yeah, that makes sense. I feel like I'm going to be able to go back to stuff later, anyway. my first run is street kid stealth/hacker so far and sneak definitely feels OP

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Stop pep talking each other about this easy rear end turd. Christ almighty.

braindances are legitimately sick bruv.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I wasn't joking about the cargo shorts either.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah the braindance thing is a really cool way to make "detective vision" actually interesting

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I stopped at the two hour mark and just as I was about to refund my wife called me and I logged 13 hours falling asleep on the phone with her.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

are you guys playing on hard or very hard? (referring to penis settings)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Martman posted:

are you guys playing on hard or very hard? (referring to penis settings)

Lmfao. Was gonna answer earnestly but then the epic joke made me fart and laugh really hard and too hard to type.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm glad the "highlight items" vision button doesn't default to a fish-eye lens for once.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard? (Penis)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nearly answered that rear end until I read it was about dicks, and their hardness. At which point I involuntarily popped off & wheeze laughed until my entire head turned maroon. Well played, you son of a bitch.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/VitoGesualdi/status/1336880900491997186

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

me taking out the boss during a cutscene due to my maxed Body stat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA0DPBLJnzc

Adbot