Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.
DTRPG just put up three big bundles for COVID-19 related charities: Doctors Without Borders, World Food Programme, and No Kid Hungry.

As with most of these mega-bundles, it's a lot of 3rd party 5E, 3.5/PF, and OSR stuff, and a lot of it looks like shovelware, but there are at least a few titles that look interesting to me in each bundle, so it might be worth taking a look--they're only $20, and they support charity. The World Food Programme bundle includes both Spire and The Witcher, but you'll also have to live with the knowledge that this lives forever in your library: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/172432/Fantasy-Women-Clipart-Volume-20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There's now a bigass bundle of Deathwatch, the spess mahreen RPG:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/...cle7_bookbundle

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GimpInBlack posted:

DTRPG just put up three big bundles for COVID-19 related charities: Doctors Without Borders, World Food Programme, and No Kid Hungry.

As with most of these mega-bundles, it's a lot of 3rd party 5E, 3.5/PF, and OSR stuff, and a lot of it looks like shovelware, but there are at least a few titles that look interesting to me in each bundle, so it might be worth taking a look--they're only $20, and they support charity. The World Food Programme bundle includes both Spire and The Witcher, but you'll also have to live with the knowledge that this lives forever in your library: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/172432/Fantasy-Women-Clipart-Volume-20

Some of the good games in these bundles are:
Doctors Without Borders: Night's Black Agents, Sig, MASHED,Dream Askew/Dream Apart, LIFTS. $20 is a steal for NBA alone.

World Food Programme: Godless, Ninja Burger (well, I like it), House of Cards, Spire, and RuneQuest. Again, Spire is worth it at the bundle price.

No Kid Hungry: Harn World, FantasyCraft, Stark City Superhero setting.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
No Kid Hungry also has Nathan Paoletta's Imp of the Perverse. I haven't played it to give it official Good Game (tm) recommendation, but it's a cool concept rendered by the designer of definite Good Games like World Wide Wrestling, so I figure it's of note.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I smiled a little when I saw Fantasycraft was in one of the bundles. It is a great game if you want a good d&d style fantasy game with a well designed system.

Spellbound might happen one day too... :unsmith:

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Some of the good games in these bundles are:
Doctors Without Borders: Night's Black Agents, Sig, MASHED,Dream Askew/Dream Apart, LIFTS. $20 is a steal for NBA alone.

World Food Programme: Godless, Ninja Burger (well, I like it), House of Cards, Spire, and RuneQuest. Again, Spire is worth it at the bundle price.

No Kid Hungry: Harn World, FantasyCraft, Stark City Superhero setting.

The DWB bundle also has Malandros, which is an awesome little game about Rio de Janeiro at the end of the 19th century. That's a great deal right there.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

GimpInBlack posted:

Hey, my one-shot horror anthology game HORRORS FROM THE TOMB is in the No Kid Hungry bundle! You should read it.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
This bundle is mostly videogames, but it includes at least a couple dozen tabletop RPGs as well:
https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality
$5 minimum donation gets you just...a lot. A really really lot. RPGwise, the standouts are Lancer and Blades in the Dark (plus a little bit of supplemental content for that and The Sprawl), but there's also a couple short RPGs from Sandy Pug Games, goon run creators of Orc Stabr and Americana. And a bunch of other stuff that certainly could be interesting, I just don't know 'em.

Plus so many notable videogames, and a whole lotta itch.io's stock-in-trade weird experimental indie stuff.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That bundle is 2legit2quit, I just wish it would automatically add everything to my library after I purchased it.
I now have to click on every single one of the 700+ items.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

By popular demand posted:

That bundle is 2legit2quit, I just wish it would automatically add everything to my library after I purchased it.

Meanwhile I’m super glad that I didn’t just get 700 things stomped into my library, when I’ll likely only ever interact with a couple dozen of them, tops!

”itch staff” posted:

It is not necessary to go and click on everything to own it. You already own everything as soon as you’ve bought it. We decided that more people would rather their library not be flooded with hundreds of things they don’t want, and let them choose the things they do want by making all the bundle items hidden by default.

We also made this change to reduce load on the server, since there are thousands of people buying the bundle. After the bundle hype has died down we’d be glad to look into adding a button to show everything in your library at once. In the meantime we’ll be making more changes to how games are displayed on the bundle download page to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

By popular demand posted:

I don't have the link handy, but there are a couple of scripts on reddit you can just paste into the console to auto-add a whole page at a time.

Also, Ironsworn Delve isn't in the bundle yet, but Shaun posted it in the "please add my game to the bundle" thread.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I can't help it, I just got this hoarding urge to gaze at my overstuffed digital library.

Everybody grab this bundle regardless of your unconventional urges or lack thereof, there's enough variety there to satisfy every person.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There's even a project management/task list app in there that caught my eye and I've started to use

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Maybe I'm just overlooking it but I'd like a way to sort your library, be nice if the assets and the rpgs were in separate groups.

Also I think the earlier bundles would just dump everything, because my library has a lot of nonsense to sift through.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
has anyone cherrypicked the best stuff out yet?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I noticed it has Blades in the Dark.

Also includes a neat little hexcrawler called Mausritter and an adventure for it.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

WaywardWoodwose posted:

has anyone cherrypicked the best stuff out yet?

The biggest name RPGs in there are Blades in the Dark and Lancer. Troika! is a cool read although the rules are bad, there’s Mausritter which is neat. Aside from that it’s a lot of small very indie stuff.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Oh yea, I forgot Lancer was in there, that should be good. The rest of it didn't interest me very much.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

gradenko_2000 posted:

There's even a project management/task list app in there that caught my eye and I've started to use

Oh cool, what's it called?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

https://aeriform.itch.io/tape

Looks like an offline Trello

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
It's a touch overshadowed by the monolithic itch bundle (and indeed, a couple of the games in these are also in that), but DTRPG put up six charity bundles, 2 for Black Lives Matter, two for NAACP's Legal Defense Fund, and two for National Police Accountability Project.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/316933/Black-Lives-Matter-1-BUNDLE?filters=0_0_0_0_0_45938
BLM #1 contains Eclipse Phase 2E, Zweihander, Uprising (the RPG they based on the setting of Coup and The Resistance, which hardly seemed like a strong foundation to me but it was popular on Kickstarter so I mention it), a PBTA game of revolution called Comrades which I backed but cannot yet vouch for, a well liked Cthulhu scenario collection (Fear's Little Needles) and a bunch of other stuff.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/316934/Black-Lives-Matter-2-BUNDLE?filters=0_0_0_0_0_45938
BLM #2 has Base Raiders (the Fate supers game created by Ross Payton of RPPR), a Mothership adventure, The Great Pendragon Campaign (widely considered one of the best prewritten campaigns ever), Chuubo's Marvellous Wish-Granting Engine (from Jenna Moran of Nobilis fame), Nefertiti Overdrive (ancient Egyptian kung fu movie roleplaying), the Perilous Wilds (an excellent Dungeon World third party supplement/hack), Time Cellist (a Doctor Who and Jackie Chan influenced RPG from two of the people from the Jank Cast), Winterhorn (a revolutionaries LARP from the Fiasco folks).

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/316935/NAACP-Legal-Defense-Fund-1-BUNDLE?filters=0_0_0_0_0_45938
NAACP Legal Defense Fund #1 has Urban Shadows, Hero Kids, Mars Colony - 39 Dark (a followup to well regarded two player RPG Mars Colony), Archives of the Sky (a collaborative sci-fi worldbuilding/storytelling RPG, GMless), and a TORG Eternity worldbook. Oh, and that dinosaur Cypher system RPG, Predation.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/316936/NAACP-Legal-Defense-Fund-2-BUNDLE?filters=0_0_0_0_0_45938
NAACP LDF #2 has Sufficiently Advanced 2E (a diceless transhumanist storytelling game), Cthulhu Confidential, Spire, Thou Art But A Warrior (a Crusades-era Muslim warrior hack of Polaris, a classic indie RPG), and an issue of Worlds Without Masters (#10).

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/316937/National-Police-Accountability-Project-1-BUNDLE?filters=0_0_0_0_0_45938
National Police Accountability Project #1 has Legacy: Life Among the Ruins 2E, Bulldogs: FATE Core Edition, Space Wurm vs. Moonicorn (weird space fantasy Dungeon World supplement), Cyberpunk 2020, Dream Askew/Dream Apart ...and a Talisman RPG that exists for some reason.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/316938/National-Police-Accountability-Project-2-BUNDLE?filters=0_0_0_0_0_45938
NPAP #2 has Sig: Manual of the Primes, Threadbare RPG (post-apocalyptic PBTA...where you play abandoned toys.), Dungeon Crawl Classics corebook, the player's guide for Blue Planet 2E, Rockalypse (battle of the bands + apocalypse, FATE. featured on One Shot), the first corebook for 2E Scion, apparently Tunnels & Trolls in Spanish, and, importantly, "In Which You Are an Octopus".

Possibly other good stuff too, and I skipped the stuff that's in the Itch bundle, but those leapt out at me.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Not a deal or steal for You and Me, but a deal for your Local Game Store.

http://lonesharkgames.com/2020/07/1...STBRbwJghjR3xQY

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Pathfinder 2E is the current highlight at Humble Bundle!

The $5 tier contains the Core Rulebook (everything needed to run/play the game in a single book) and the first Adventure for 2nd Edition, Fall of Plaguestone, which is designed to run characters from level 1 to 4. Additionally, it contains some novels, maps, character sheets, and 2 mini-adventures from the Pathfinder Society line.

A the $10 tier, you also get the Lost Omens World Guide, a massive setting book covering large parts of the world of Golarion, the main setting for Pathfinder. Additionally, more maps, novels, and mini-adventures.

The big dog $20 tier includes the Bestiary, with hundreds of pages of monsters, the Lost Omens Character Guide, a player-facing book with a bunch of new ancestry and class options, along with even more maps, novels, and mini-adventures.

At $30 (plus shipping based on your location), you can also get a physical copy of the Core Rulebook shipped to you.

This is all a fantastic value and the absolute best chance to get a look at all that Pathfinder 2E has to offer. I absolutely recommend this system and this bundle.

For more info about Pathfinder 2E, geared for current 5E players:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MWOxNdBbp0RZdvj3cBWmX_d1M9gPsmb6RsddzV9C3Fg/edit?usp=sharing

Free official Pathfinder 2E rules site:
https://2e.aonprd.com/

Supplemental info:
#1- Somehow, the Humble Store counts as a "small business", so I got a $5 statement credit from Amex for purchasing the bundle, which was rad.
#2- Shipping is done through Paizo, and I went with the top tier ($30) and the shipping for the core rulebook was $8.97, so the total added cost for the physical tier was $18.97 for a rulebook that retails at $59.99. YMMV, stop living in the boonies or Euroland.
#3- As shown below, getting the books through the bundle and activating them on Paizo.com allows you to buy the Roll20 versions at a discount, for instance, the entire Fall of Plaguestone bundle (Adventure + Map Pack) goes down to $10.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
So, a post over at the OSR thread is having me grab Esoteric Enterprises but are there any other stand-out indie games (or larger publisher games for that matter) that folks see in the Christmas in July sale over at DrivethruRPG?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Oh hey time for me to commit to buying the Old School Essentials PDFs. I think I'm also going to take this opportunity to get Slumbering Ursine Dunes, as I've always been curious about the Hill Cantons stuff.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
Twin Drums Studio is giving out free copies of the Wagadu Chronicles PDF, a 5e African Fantasy setting:

https://twitter.com/WagaduChronicle/status/1301177378278866948

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

More miniatures than RPG, but Aldi is selling a set of two self-healing cutting boards for $7.

There's no grid-lines, but it feels very similar to the much more expensive mats you'd use to protect your desk while chopping bits.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Death Ray Designs has 20% off through Monday with the code LABORDAY20.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What does self healing mean in terms of a cutting board?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Golden Bee posted:

What does self healing mean in terms of a cutting board?

It's basically a scratch resistant plastic mat. AFAIK the textured top later parts into grooves when you cut on it and then stands back up afterwards leaving no marks unless you really dig past that top layer.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Renegade Scout, a wargame written to invoke the innocent yesteryears of the first edition of Warhammer 40,000 when it was known as Rogue Trader: Warhammer 40,000 and it hadn't yet got around to entirely filing off the serial numbers of Dune, Star Wars, Moorcock and more, is currently 40% off at DriveThruRPG. It's had a bit of an update recently, leading it to be called "Renegade Scout 2".

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.
Time for DriveThruRPG's annual Halloween sale/trick or treat game. So far I've found the following:
That's all I was able to find so far. I haven't checked DriveThru Cards, Comics, Fiction, etc. but they might have more.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
edit: nevermind I found it!

WerrWaaa fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 21, 2020

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

GimpInBlack posted:

Time for DriveThruRPG's annual Halloween sale/trick or treat game. So far I've found the following:

The Account History page has Crime-Frightners, as well.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
[quote="GimpInBlack" post="509126498"]
[*]Wish List: The Basic Witch: The Pumpin Spice Witch Tradition
[*]Change My Address: [url=https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/325860/The-UnLife-of-A-Vampire-Ladys-Minions]The Unlife of a Vampire Lady's Minions

Needs the close URL bracket on your wish list line. Otherwise thank you for your digging!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey, you know what's the best deal you can have in trad games stuff? Trad Games Secret Santa, obviously! Use your bargain-hunting acumen to get some goon an awesome gift, and then receive a gift of probably similar value back, that's a net cost of roughly breaking even and you get a surprise thing!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

BoH got a Spire collection https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Spire?utm_source=sendy&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=483Spire

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Anyone have a review or trip report on the current Humble Bundle for Campaign Cartography 3+? It looks neat but none of the groups I've ever played in have used it, wondering if it's worth it.

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012

Drone posted:

Anyone have a review or trip report on the current Humble Bundle for Campaign Cartography 3+? It looks neat but none of the groups I've ever played in have used it, wondering if it's worth it.

I snagged this one at the last minute because I have missed it any other time I've seen it up and judging by the website for the software getting it on Humble is the best deal I have seen. That being said, I will probably have to go through the YouTube tutorial videos to figure it out since I think it's a pretty involved program. As such, I can't report experiences with it or review it yet. Hopefully it will be not too difficult to learn since I have pretensions of both RPGs and writing, and it's supposed to be useful in both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

You can get amazing effects with it, and the community is great (there's a good Facebook group and the company's own forums), but it's not an easy learn. It's still, at its heart, a CAD package.