Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Lamuella posted:

Spaghettle

Is this a Cinco product?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fresh piping hot bad takes right out the oven

https://twitter.com/tetsuyaendm3/status/1337363841588596745?s=19

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

here's another that i think is worse as jr heavyweights just headlined the loving budokan and hiromu looks to have a good shot at doing so twice in four months....

Mod Edit to make this BOTSJ Spoilers Related Take Not Seen

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 11, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Also junior wrestlers in NJPW very much aren't stuck in purgatory because they keep moving the fuckers up

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

how many times has hiromu actually gone after the jr title? like 4?

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
Really wish you all would have kept talking about kettles instead of spoiling BOSJ.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fadmonkey posted:

Really wish you all would have kept talking about kettles instead of spoiling BOSJ.

:hmmyes:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
BOSJ calling the kettle

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it must suck to be australian and have everything spoiled all the time without warning

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not like the result of this match wasn't obvious, but I dunno that posting unmarked spoilers of an entire tournament just so you could dunk on some extremely garden variety bad takes was a good choice, guys.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

God drat it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JOHN CENA posted:

it must suck to be australian and have everything spoiled all the time without warning

It kinda sucks but it’s the price you pay for posting on a mostly American forum. If I really want to remain unspoiled I just don’t look at PSP at all until I can watch the thing,

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Seams posted:

It kinda sucks but it’s the price you pay for posting on a mostly American forum. If I really want to remain unspoiled I just don’t look at PSP at all until I can watch the thing,

There's way too many drat brits around here for me to agree it's a mostly American forum. It's like half brits half North Carolinians.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I swear half the people you think are Brits are Scandanavian

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Reddit user '1Red_Cola' posted:

I consistently hear versions of "I don't care" whenever AEW's issues get brought up and it really bothers me. "I don't care" should be the tagline of AEW at this point.

While you may not care, others do.

I'll bet Griff Garrison cared when he had to follow that spotfest. This is a dude who is still green and now is going to get a lesser reaction off of about 100 different moves that the Bucks just did in the match prior. And he's not going to get the time nor the false finishes that the Bucks got in their match, making it harder for him to get over. And if he has any brains, he should also be thinking, "This is my new team's debut on TV...why am I losing? How's that going to get me over?".

I'll bet you Sting's going to care when he's going to need a ton of smoke and mirrors to put on a cinematic match and try to get the most out of whatever he can physically do at this point while the Bucks, The Lucha Bros, TH2, Top Flight, Private Party, Pac and a host of others run through really complex and cool looking moves like nothing.

And I'll bet the Bucks and TH2 cared when they woke up the next day and couldn't move because they did a bunch of dangerous moves.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

none of them people care imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shota Umino is really furious that New Japan's not giving him a proper win yet

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm sure that Griff Garrison is really bemoaning his lot in life, what with being in a segment that drew a million viewers and having a competitive match with the last tag champs. Poor kid, if only he could be destroying his knees for a chance to get jobbed out to Dexter Lumis.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think it was Lance Storm who recently pointed out that having a debuting guy/team lose a competitive match first time out is much more effective at getting them over long term if you're not giving them the rocket push, than having them win a short match and then lose a bunch afterwards.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's like these jamokes haven't realized the fact that somebody has to lose the match too.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
haven't you heard? nobody's ever looked impressive in a match they end up losing

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flatluigi posted:

haven't you heard? nobody's ever looked impressive in a match they end up losing

Remember when that kid with the flat-top lost to Kurt Angle in his first match, what was his name, Jim Senna? Jon Soma? Too bad he was jobbed out or he mighta been something.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I certainly can't think of any examples from, say, the last twenty four hours, of someone losing a match but looking so good in the loss that they pretty much became a main eventer as a result.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lamuella posted:

I certainly can't think of any examples from, say, the last twenty four hours, of someone losing a match but looking so good in the loss that they pretty much became a main eventer as a result.

Keith Lee. He will be on Main Event in no time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ICR posted:

Keith Lee. He will be on Main Event in no time.

He's got to learn how to work first

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I think it was Lance Storm who recently pointed out that having a debuting guy/team lose a competitive match first time out is much more effective at getting them over long term if you're not giving them the rocket push, than having them win a short match and then lose a bunch afterwards.

Just off of gut my feeling when a guy debuts and wins tends to be "eh, ok. They like him I wonder if I will" but if he loses I'm curious to see what the plan is for him. Where does he go?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Which makes sense since you are showing more of their skills as wrestlers to the audience without making a false promise. They become prospects in your mind and it's cool if prospects lose because you can see the potential. I am a Cleveland Cavaliers basketball fan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, if a guy loses regularly than its a big deal if he does well or wins. It shows progress and is an accomplishment. If a guy comes in winning then you have to keep that momentum going or he's backsliding. You're establishing a standard level for them and its fine if they come out strong if you have plans for them. But there's nothing wrong with them losing if the plan is to just gradually build up their credibility and skills over time.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

the fact that so many people do not understand the concept of being a "rookie" is genuinely insane to me unless you are micheal jordan/lionel messi/daniel bryan you do infact need to build up your skills, wether it be in a real sport or a fake one and it's a fantastic starting arc that is done constantly in japan with massive success.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Eat My Fuc posted:

There's way too many drat brits around here for me to agree it's a mostly American forum. It's like half brits half North Carolinians.

Yo.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I remember back in the late '80s when AJPW booked some rookie to lose his first 60 or so singles matches over the span of a year and a half.

Way to screw that dude right out of the gate, guys. Not even gonna bother with his name, like it's important after that.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Also when I think of a guy who wouldn't know how to get over because cruserwights opened up the show with flippy poo poo he can't do, it's Sting.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

I swear half the people you think are Brits are Scandanavian

they are :denmark:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

the fact that so many people do not understand the concept of being a "rookie" is genuinely insane to me unless you are micheal jordan/lionel messi/daniel bryan you do infact need to build up your skills, wether it be in a real sport or a fake one and it's a fantastic starting arc that is done constantly in japan with massive success.

Having that makes your Utami Hayashishitas or Hayato Tamuras who show up and start killing everyone from day one look all the more impressive

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Having that makes your Utami Hayashishitas or Hayato Tamuras who show up and start killing everyone from day one look all the more impressive

:yeah:

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
i dont know why, but this tweet made me laugh

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1337592414580535302

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also the last line of that post is the funniest one imo

yeah I'm sure that one match is finally the one that makes Jack Evans lie awake at night in pain, regretting his decisions in life

it makes you laugh because ryan satin is a pathetic human skidmark, op

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Also when I think of a guy who wouldn't know how to get over because cruserwights opened up the show with flippy poo poo he can't do, it's Sting.

there's an angle here (jericho vs sting) but i really don't want to see that match in 2020

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this is exactly the filler someone who was told to tweet x amount of times about smackdown would write

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
WWE did an angle where Cody lost his debut match then a few more. The GM at the time took him aside was like, "Cody, if you can't win matches on the show then I don't know what to do with you."
It made sense to because in kayfabe, why would you keep putting a jobber on your show? So Cody goes out and wins his next match to prove he belongs and isn't just a nepotism hire.
Likewise to with Brandon Cutler, you have to show that losses matter for the wins to matter. It is going to feel good when the Varsity Blondes gets a win on Dynamite.