Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Bust Rodd posted:

The worst problem I’m experiencing, and one I’d REALLY LOVE SOME HELP WITH is a bug/issue I’m calling “Menu Drift”

I’m playing on a PS5. Whenever I go into any sort of menu or readable text, the menu is constantly scrolling down at the slowest speed imaginable. It’s a brand new DualSense controller. I have and can play Demon’s Souls, Astro, and Miles Morales with literally zero drift of any kind in any direction, but navigating and reading anything in the game is extremely annoying until I tap my right analogue stick, light as a feather, and the drift stops. This doesn’t happen during gameplay, not during any movement or action or anything, just the slightest drift imaginable, but only when scrollable text appears on screen, and only straight down.

I tried messing with some settings to fix it, adjusting dead zone, etc. but couldn’t get it to stop. If anyone can help me fix this or if CDPR already knows about this bug, I’d really love a fix.

I have the same thing happen on my PS4 Pro. The game basically treats the right control stick as if it had no dead zone at all. The slightest movement of the stick is registered (e.g. from gravity moving the stick ever so slightly off center).

One actual good thing I’ve noticed is that is good is load times. Granted, I did put an SSD in my pro, but load times aren’t bad at all. Maybe <30 seconds. Control is ~2 minutes on the same SSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

I said come in! posted:

Yeah I don't like that either. Let the gangs do their thing to be perfectly honest.

thunderspanks posted:

I've noticed most (if not all?) crime in progress locations will have the civilians get executed after x amount of time if you don't kill the enemies first.

Right, so far the crime in progress stuff seems less gang activity and more sub-gang homicidal dildos.

Not literal sentient cyber-dildos yet to be clear :dong:

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I'm working, but I stick my head in here from time to time when I need to build the game or in long meetings. Twitter is way too toxic right now and reddit is a total dump even in the best of times.

This place can be nasty too, lots of angry folk, which is fine and understandable, but I think the toxicity is much lower overall. Tolerable.

And glad to see all the people who are enjoying it. Thank you for the kind words. I don't have much control over a lot of the stuff people are pissed about, so I'm glad people seem to mostly be responding well to the stuff my team did.

I'm really enjoying the game, tons of fun, amazing world. Enjoying the story more than I have in a game in to long imo. And honestly the bugs I have encountered have been pretty amusing if anything, not game breaking.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

I said come in! posted:

Yeah I don't like that either. Let the gangs do their thing to be perfectly honest.

Wait so it's a good thing innocent people are getting robbed/raped/killed or how am I reading this sentence

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I'm working, but I stick my head in here from time to time when I need to build the game or in long meetings. Twitter is way too toxic right now and reddit is a total dump even in the best of times.

This place can be nasty too, lots of angry folk, which is fine and understandable, but I think the toxicity is much lower overall. Tolerable.

And glad to see all the people who are enjoying it. Thank you for the kind words. I don't have much control over a lot of the stuff people are pissed about, so I'm glad people seem to mostly be responding well to the stuff my team did.

Dude, I've been playing non stop since yesterday morning and I still love every second. It's everything I've wanted out of the game, it's so good.

But yeah "gamers" on the internet are among the worst people, it's good you're not taking it too serious.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Exactly lol, as far as I am concerned, the 2077 world encourages you to be evil. It's for the most part lawless and free of anything resembling empathy, and compassion. The few story characters that show it get royally hosed, among some other story points that I won't go into.

This is an interesting touch that I never noticed! Ghost of Tsushima has something like this too.

Yea. Let me get Street Cred by joining a gang and loving up rival gangs vaguely like something in San Andreas (but make it less tedious :v:) or simply being a bamf in missions.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
night city is the highlight of the game imho, the skyscraper filled skyline, neon lit backalleys and all the different bars and clubs

otoh rockstar stiil seems to be the only dev that can populate an open world game with npcs that seem to physically be part the world, every other open world game and this one especially seems to be filled with paper cutouts that feel extremely floaty

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Frog Act posted:

The policing system is kind of bonkers, they don’t seem to have cars to chase you, they spawn instantly behind you when you commit a crime no matter where you are, and give up almost immediately

Like this clip is lol:

https://streamable.com/70pq4y

man that's so bad, I hate poo poo like this

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

My experience with the cops is that I have yet to get beyond 1 star, but getting to 1 star wanted rating isn't too hard if you're popping off where civilians can get caught in the crossfire (which happens frequently, particularly in some of the side missions). The cops will show up, and they will shoot your rear end, but they're not terribly difficult to evade (at least at low wanted rating). Usually running/driving for a minute or two while avoiding notice will clear the wanted level and you're fine.

I have no idea how lovely you have to get to increase your wanted level - you probably need to start murdering cops, which I haven't done.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Popular Human posted:

It's even worse on base hardware, lol

Yeah, I watched the DF video. :sweatdrop:

I feel for the millions of people that are forced to play on base PS4s and Xbones.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Pretty cool that Converge, Tomb Mold, and the Armed have songs in this

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
All of the necks snapped: Stealth level 2. Is that 5 Cool worth it yet?

Hacking and quick hack with the default deck, ping, and blind: Level 7, would you like to insert more INT?

I am seriously tempted to go for at least 12 INT, but given INT req icons pop up on hubs, I would not be surprised if dabbling in 7-12 INT means I'm not brainy enough for lategame hubs if I don't go ALL IN on hacking.

Kraftwerk posted:

So I have some general gameplay questions I could use some help with.

1. Should I bother with stealth? I usually play stealth for elaborate takedowns and generally being this scary ghost who goes in and out of areas undetected and getting serious recognition for it. I find stealth very difficult to understand and spec for. The guards are laid out in a way where you must appear in front of them at some point. Trying to take them out alerts everyone else so I inevitably default to killing everyone like a one woman wrecking ball.
In spite of my joke, neck snaps kill beefy boys while a fresh faced V shooting the basic office suit soldiers in the back of a head with a silenced ICONIC HANDGUN just annoyed them.

Blindness hack both does help and also makes it harder, because a guy standing still but who will see you coming at the last second normally will start jittering around like crazy and it can be like trying to catch a greased pig and hope his body doesn't physics leap over the desk you want to quickly dump his corpse behind.

EDIT: Oh right, the ultimate power of a stealth build, apparently.

You can save while still stealthing around and have not been caught yet.

I am going to make a mishmash jack of all trades again, aren't I? My only fear is "Haha you don't have enough stat to use gun/equip cyberware/do thing" gates rather than the core gameplay of a jack of all trades. Because there are some cushy global toys to be had at 11-14ish everything.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 11, 2020

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Also I definitely had to make adjustments to the control settings so I wouldn’t get drift and movement in general didnt feel like I was wading through mud. The default settings are bad.

zhar
May 3, 2019

this game looks and sounds really nice and the quests are well written but im 10 hrs in and havent found a single dildo my expectations have not been met and im VERY disappointed

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Wait so it's a good thing innocent people are getting robbed/raped/killed or how am I reading this sentence

No one's saying it's a good thing it's happening. But why should my punk rear end street kid care? gently caress you pay me. Might makes right, and so on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Yea. Let me get Street Cred by joining a gang and loving up rival gangs vaguely like something in San Andreas (but make it less tedious :v:) or simply being a bamf in missions.

This would actually be really cool. CP77 is half way there since each region of the gameworld is under control by a gang.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Sab669 posted:

No one's saying it's a good thing it's happening. But why should my punk rear end street kid care? gently caress you pay me. Might makes right, and so on.

Oh well in that case just ignore them I guess, it's not like there's a million other ways of earning Street Cred in this game lol

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The resilience random dudes in suits display really makes it a lot less impressive that you survive the prologue. Like, that's not special. Everyone I've met today has shrugged off bullets.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Turning off motion blur, film grain, lens flare, and chromatic aberration is a must on console. They make the game look like rear end in general but on consoles especially.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Oh well in that case just ignore them I guess, it's not like there's a million other ways of earning Street Cred in this game lol

I'm still pretty early in the prologue as I didn't get to play AT ALL Wednesday and have to go to the office so I don't think I've explicitly seen other ways to gain Cred. Just going off what was discussed here.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sab669 posted:

I'm still pretty early in the prologue as I didn't get to play AT ALL Wednesday and have to go to the office so I don't think I've explicitly seen other ways to gain Cred. Just going off what was discussed here.

You'll get street cred for essentially everything. Its importance is that it unlocks more content. So those roaming violent gangs? You'll be killing them anyways.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
How do you guys play an FPS with a controller? That's not a rhetorical question.

In a game like this, I'm 100% keyboard and mouse, but when I'm playing it with my wife we do a nvidia shield to living room tv and use controllers. The last time I remember being somewhat competent with a controller in an FPS had to have been like nearly 20 years ago on a PS2. In this game I can sort of shoot at guys, but the speed and precision just isn't there.

I figured for my wife, I'd help her get her character a smart link and maybe then she'd have a chance of hitting. There are some options in the settings for aim assist and I have those turned on, but honestly I don't notice it whether it's on or off.

Any tips on how I can git gud?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I feel like if someone were playing on a PC that barely hit min spec from 13 years ago the discourse would be a little less focused on how the developers cheated them than a lot of the talk around base consoles is.

I mean if we're going to be mad about it then platform holders need to catch some ire here for pushing the market into a more PC-like space without really dealing with the implications of what that looks like.

edit: Like Christ, WoW almost pushed its min spec requirements beyond what the last gen consoles can handle and that's the quintessential "this plays on a toaster" game.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 11, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Delizin posted:

How do you guys play an FPS with a controller? That's not a rhetorical question.

This reminds me that the auto aim is non-functional lol. Playing with a controller has been rough for me in a way that it isn't for any other FPS i've played.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Has anyone gone down the crafting route? I love me some crafting, but it feels like the bonuses from spending perks elsewhere aren't made up by what you can do with crafting.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Pulcinella posted:

I have the same thing happen on my PS4 Pro. The game basically treats the right control stick as if it had no dead zone at all. The slightest movement of the stick is registered (e.g. from gravity moving the stick ever so slightly off center).

One actual good thing I’ve noticed is that is good is load times. Granted, I did put an SSD in my pro, but load times aren’t bad at all. Maybe <30 seconds. Control is ~2 minutes on the same SSD.

SSD doesn’t help at all on consoles because according to digital foundry the console versions have a slow hard drive mode setting turned on.

You can mitigate the drift/dead zone stuff in the advanced settings in controls. There’s an outer and inner dead zone slider.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mrenda posted:

Has anyone gone down the crafting route? I love me some crafting, but it feels like the bonuses from spending perks elsewhere aren't made up by what you can do with crafting.

I at least use it for making more ammo. I love the perk that auto breaks down all junk for you. Very helpful for said ammo crafting.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Delizin posted:

In a game like this, I'm 100% keyboard and mouse, but when I'm playing it with my wife we do a nvidia shield to living room tv and use controllers. The last time I remember being somewhat competent with a controller in an FPS had to have been like nearly 20 years ago on a PS2. In this game I can sort of shoot at guys, but the speed and precision just isn't there.

I figured for my wife, I'd help her get her character a smart link and maybe then she'd have a chance of hitting. There are some options in the settings for aim assist and I have those turned on, but honestly I don't notice it whether it's on or off.

The combat isn't particularly fast paced or fluid and the AI is really loving dumb so just put the cross hairs at head level and strafe around left and right while tossing the nearly unlimited grenades you will find.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

While this isn't my screenshot, it nicely illustrates something that was bugging me. I am running this game on a 3080 and when I look in the mirror, I see this mess looking back at me. Horribly rendered hair and blurry models. Is this just how things are, or is there some setting in NVidia's controls or in game that makes the hair actually look nice again? To an extent, this is something I have noticed in other games before, so I am just left wondering if its something that Nvidia happens to suck at...

The weird thing is, that on the NPC's the hair looks pretty reasonable, it seems to be a thing with the character model in particular.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Delizin posted:

If I was psuedo forced into couch gaming with the partner, I would honestly just get a wireless mouse and keyboard and one of those trays you put on your lap for them. I don't really know a ton about how the Shield works though, would this even be an option?

I've bought a PS4 and a Switch over the last 2 years or so and really tried to get into Horizon Zero Dawn and BOTW but gently caress me I just cannot use controllers to save my life.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

zhar posted:

this game looks and sounds really nice and the quests are well written but im 10 hrs in and havent found a single dildo my expectations have not been met and im VERY disappointed

I found one in sitting on a windowsill outside my apartment the first time V went home. Haven't run into a single one since.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FiftySeven posted:

While this isn't my screenshot, it nicely illustrates something that was bugging me. I am running this game on a 3080 and when I look in the mirror, I see this mess looking back at me. Horribly rendered hair and blurry models. Is this just how things are, or is there some setting in NVidia's controls or in game that makes the hair actually look nice again? To an extent, this is something I have noticed in other games before, so I am just left wondering if its something that Nvidia happens to suck at...

lmfao is this another photo of Dum Dum following someone around

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

SSD doesn’t help at all on consoles because according to digital foundry the console versions have a slow hard drive mode setting turned on.

At least on the new consoles, load times are under 20 seconds for Cyberpunk. This applies to virtually all games that previously had very long load times, its really nice. But on PC, Cyberpunk loads on my PC in 3 - 5 seconds. :eyepop: For this being a massively huge seamless gameworld, this is completely nuts and groundbreaking.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

VanillaGorilla posted:

I feel like if someone were playing on a PC that barely hit min spec from 13 years ago the discourse would be a little less focused on how the developers cheated them than a lot of the talk around base consoles is.

I mean if we're going to be mad about it then platform holders need to catch some ire here for pushing the market into a more PC-like space without really dealing with the implications of what that looks like.

edit: Like Christ, WoW almost pushed its min spec requirements beyond what the last gen consoles can handle and that's the quintessential "this plays on a toaster" game.

I wouldn't be so irritated if there weren't already multiple games this year (like TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima) that both look amazing and run well on PS4. It's clearly not some impossible thing to create a good console experience, even in 2020, but that didn't happen here for whatever reason.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

zhar posted:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I was shocked how fast the game loaded both the first time I started playing, and then the next time when I relaunched the game and loaded a save. Alt tabbed and figured I'd have a good minute to dick around on the internet. Load times in HZD on PC are atrocious.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Sab669 posted:

If I was psuedo forced into couch gaming with the partner, I would honestly just get a wireless mouse and keyboard and one of those trays you put on your lap for them. I don't really know a ton about how the Shield works though, would this even be an option?

I've bought a PS4 and a Switch over the last 2 years or so and really tried to get into Horizon Zero Dawn and BOTW but gently caress me I just cannot use controllers to save my life.

Bought myself a roccat Sova but I have no idea how that would work with a shield or whatever. This thing has been a game changer

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I wonder if the psycho murderer mirror angle was intentional. The way V tilts her head down and looks evil as gently caress with every possible facial expression kinda creeps me out.

When you go to close the mirror view she stands up normally and looks normal for like a half second before the mirror cuts back off.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Delizin posted:

It's a combination of practice makes perfect and making greater use of all the tricks to get NPCs out of cover or hit them in cover instead of just being able to hit them with quick precision movements on a mouse. Focus a lot more on your skills and the gun special effects and make more active use of cover so you've got time to process what's going on as you look around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

Bought myself a roccat Sova but I have no idea how that would work with a shield or whatever. This thing has been a game changer

I'm weird in that I'm actually way more comfortable gaming in a chair than on a couch, but yea that's exactly what I was envisioning :v: