Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Turin Turambar posted:

The crowd density is a sticking point because they wowed people with the 2018 gameplay vid that showed this:

and everyone was saying "wow finally a open world city game with realistic crowds!"

and in the later videos and trailers the amount lowered by 3 or 4 times.

tbf it still is friggin’ crowded and definitely not lowered to 25%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

The Last Call posted:

Been sick since the other day so haven't put much time into this, someone said the controller plays it best even on the PC. Do many agree with that or should stick with the keyboard and mouse.

I can't hit poo poo with the controller, at least not headshots, so combat was hard and I've been switching during encounters.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Reddit is furious about this game

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

^^^ Eh, that's a fantastic post if you ask me.

Firstborn posted:

Also, the driving is fantastic on motorcycles! Try it before you give up on driving! I'm honestly kinda used to the cars now. I treat it less like an RPG there and just steal a car and GTA to the mission, because the police don't matter at all. That may not be what you want to hear, but being less precious with cars that weren't mine kinda taught me how they want me to play this game, I guess?

It's a little bit better because it's more maneuvrable, but in no way is it fantastic. Also as far as I can tell I can't pop wheelies (though if I missed this, I want to know!). Just like making a good FPS, making a good and fun driving game is much more difficult than it sounds. Anyway I can accept that with this, kind of way, just like i accept that as shooter alone this game is very much like deus ex, just not very good and feels very slow and awkward, but it's all the supporting systems, character progression, atmosphere and setting which works to elevate it. Alot of games which attempt to do lots of mechanically different things at once often don't end up doing any of them very well individually.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Anyone know whats in the latest patch that just dropped?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Anyone know whats in the latest patch that just dropped?

New hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible. Here is the list of changes:

Quests
Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
Other quest fixes

Gameplay
Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.

Visual
Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.

Performance & Stability
Improved stability, including various crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.

PC-specific
Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.

Console-specific
Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I'm extremely cool

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I had to talk my friend down from refunding the game over the jackie issue at the bottom of the quests notes lol

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Rinkles posted:

Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
There it is, good!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

None of the RTX optimizations for PC that was being falsely reported.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

I said come in! posted:

Good thing nobody can buy any RTX cards then!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

I would imagine they'll take a bit longer.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Is there any way to listen to the radio on-foot or is it driving only?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I hope the 17 GB patch at least fixed the crashes on PS4 :f5:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hey they fix the seizure problem already. Good on them!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mr E posted:

I just got a 3.5 GB patch when I launched the game in Steam so the hotfix might have been pushed?

Strange, mine is only 1.4gb in steam.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

it was 585mb in gog

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Good thing nobody can buy any RTX cards then!

The 2000 series has raytracing, but the 3000 series cards is where it's at, but you are correct, those are impossible to get.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Randarkman posted:

It's yours now, call it the same way you call your car.

Doh, that makes sense, thanks. Also, looks like an update just dropped on Steam.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
erica lindbeck VAing someone is becoming very distracting nowwadays

not that she's a bad actress, far from it, just very distinct

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

I said come in! posted:

The 2000 series has raytracing, but the 3000 series cards is where it's at, but you are correct, those are impossible to get.

Yeah even the 20 series are out of stock everywhere or insanely marked up right now. :(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

This 1.4GB patch is taking its drat time to install.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Driving over unending seas of refrigerators is really fun in this game with a motorcycle. Also holy poo poo at this landfill, like it never ends.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

I said come in! posted:

Yeah I'm still fingers crossed for that being next week as this is being referred to as a hotfix and not a patch and seems to be much smaller in scope and file size.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I thought that was rumoured for a patch next week? Like the 15th.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i wish i knew what a chinga or a chingada is because jackie sure loves that loving word

i mean, i know maricon, i know hijo di puta, i know puto and puta, i know puta madre, i know cabron, i know pendejo, i thought i was a pro tier spanish swearer

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'd assume this patch was basically timed around the epillepsy thing being ready and just includes anything else they happened to have done

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's 3.5 on Steam download for me as well.

Still funny it's different on GOG.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

chingar is to gently caress (in certain spanish dialects) so chinga is gently caress and cingada is loving

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I thought that was rumoured for a patch next week? Like the 15th.

Hope that is true! Would like to give raytracing another try if it is. I have an RTX 2070, so I may just have to accept that it isn't possible for my hardware. With it disabled though I have a smooth 60fps at high settings.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

Hope that is true! Would like to give raytracing another try if it is. I have an RTX 2070, so I may just have to accept that it isn't possible for my hardware. With it disabled though I have a smooth 60fps at high settings.

It's wild that they sold a Cyberpunk branded 2080ti that can't hit a stable 60 with ray tracing on.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Randarkman posted:

^^^ Eh, that's a fantastic post if you ask me.

It's a little bit better because it's more maneuvrable, but in no way is it fantastic. Also as far as I can tell I can't pop wheelies (though if I missed this, I want to know!). Just like making a good FPS, making a good and fun driving game is much more difficult than it sounds. Anyway I can accept that with this, kind of way, just like i accept that as shooter alone this game is very much like deus ex, just not very good and feels very slow and awkward, but it's all the supporting systems, character progression, atmosphere and setting which works to elevate it. Alot of games which attempt to do lots of mechanically different things at once often don't end up doing any of them very well individually.

I was on autopilot, fantastic is not right, you're right. I'll post better.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
My sniper rifle won't fire anymore. And I have no idea why

Edit: Fixed it but not sure how I did. I think upgrading it worked?

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 11, 2020

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I got a gig earlier where I had to kill a guy because he had murdered 17 people. That made me think of what must now be over 1,000 people I've left dead in my wake so far. In my defense almost none of them were children or the majority had some kind of criminal warrant.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It seems CDPR has already recouped all development and marketing cost for the game.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/12/current-report-no-652020.pdf

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Jesus, the Cyberpunk Reddit is full of tantrums.

Don't dedicate years of your life to a video game.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL at the sad taxi, I pushed it off the cliff before I tried talking to it and still completed the mission.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The Akira motorcycle is the Yaiba Kusanagi... just need to the find little guy that sells it, hopefully!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

stev posted:

It's wild that they sold a Cyberpunk branded 2080ti that can't hit a stable 60 with ray tracing on.

They sold a cyberpunk branded Xbox that got discontinued before the game even came out lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Jesus, the Cyberpunk Reddit is full of tantrums.

Don't dedicate years of your life to a video game.

Also don't post on reddit or use it beyond needing a quick answer for a specific question or looking for a tech solution.