Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Well to be fair I was pretty stoned last night and I just didn't give a poo poo where my tank went.

Honestly, my best games were when I was drunk off my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Drunk Arty with all chat was probably the high point of this game

may it rest in piss

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Drunk Arty with all chat was probably the high point of this game

may it rest in piss

"Skyhelper ready to help!" as soon as the game started.

Followed by everyone (on both teams) telling me to gently caress off and die :allears:

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
I had to get off of the sauce when tanking, to be honest.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Well to be fair I was pretty stoned last night and I just didn't give a poo poo where my tank went.

So you played like everybody else.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Last night was horrible for teams and I wanted to get that 4 kill final mission for the six small gifts, so I finally loaded up my tier 3 premium tanks and went to town. Seal Club is the only Club that matters.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

moolchaba posted:

Last night was horrible for teams and I wanted to get that 4 kill final mission for the six small gifts, so I finally loaded up my tier 3 premium tanks and went to town. Seal Club is the only Club that matters.

Low tiers are so much more fun. They feel so much lower stake and slightly less bullshitty.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
So Vents, Vstab, and GLD are currently on my Bisonte but I feel the GLD can be replaced to maybe improved aiming or the Improved rotation mechanism. I will have to play around a bit on some of the equipment to see what works but the accuracy on this tank is very poor.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Out of 61 boxes:

Started with: 24385g and 5,623,740s
Ended with: 47285g (22900g) and 8,723,740s (3.1m)

Received:
T78
M4A1 FL10
Pz T15 (converted)
Bourrasque
Matilda BP (converted)

Camos: STB-1, 60TP, Maus, CGC

45 Days of Premium

Not buying any more. I got enough shards to get all the large decorations, and creatively mulched enough to get 0.7% modifiers on everything except New Year.

It seems like the game really wants me to level my BC25t crew.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

As much as I hate playing this game solo (or in general if I'm not drunk), few things are as satisfying as getting consecutive OHK shots on oblivious enemy tanks with the KV-2.

T78? VK30.01H? M4A3E8?

Byyyyyeeeeee.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you think the KV-2 is good, you need to get a 183 mm TD.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I already have the Death Star from way back before it was replaced by the Badger, but Tier X is Tier X, and thanks to Pubbie Roulette, Tier X is invariably loving horrible when playing solo no matter how drunk I am. Despite that, I'm still on the verge of getting the Shitbarn too because regardless of how loving horrible Tier X is, plapping some fool for 1150HP with mere AP rounds is still a giggle when platooning. Of course the HESH stuff is just a bonus :discourse:

In other news I'm sitting on a pile of 20k Bonds, and am wondering if the Chrysler GF is worth 8k of those as a crew trainer (which won't force me to have some useless gump outsider Radio Operator doing nothing). Yes it's a one-trick-pony with a terrible gun for Tier VIII, but what else am I going to do with all this poo poo?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I already have the Death Star from way back before it was replaced by the Badger, but Tier X is Tier X, and thanks to Pubbie Roulette, Tier X is invariably loving horrible when playing solo no matter how drunk I am. Despite that, I'm still on the verge of getting the Shitbarn too because regardless of how loving horrible Tier X is, plapping some fool for 1150HP with mere AP rounds is still a giggle when platooning. Of course the HESH stuff is just a bonus :discourse:

In other news I'm sitting on a pile of 20k Bonds, and am wondering if the Chrysler GF is worth 8k of those as a crew trainer (which won't force me to have some useless gump outsider Radio Operator doing nothing). Yes it's a one-trick-pony with a terrible gun for Tier VIII, but what else am I going to do with all this poo poo?

Bond equipment?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
For 20k bonds you can get the Kpz 50t from the ranked store (just have to get to division 1 first :smithicide: )

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Atomizer posted:

Oh yeah I almost forgot, I unlocked a couple stages of the Polar Challenge for the 274a but didn't buy it, and the opportunity to do so disappeared immediately, whereas in the past the unlocked package usually hung around for up to a week or so. Well a CC on the official forum suggested contacting WG support who would arrange a transaction, and that's exactly what was offered; the tank itself, without the rest of the package, for close to 7k gold, which is not too bad so I'm going to take them up on the offer.

The only question is if they'll just exchange the tank for gold on the account (I was almost out, but got the aforementioned ~30k from the boxes,) or if they specifically require a gold purchase equaling the cash value of the tank, as this was hinted at from the response. If the latter's the case, that's a little disappointing, but it's still not a bad exchange, a decent tier 8 premium for ~$30. I don't spend a ton on this game anyways, and the holiday boxes have been a great value for me (and I'm considering buying more because of that.)

Just got an ad in game saying people can buy it for 2 more days at the discounted price. Hope you waited on that decision.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I don't own either, but I've heard the Patriot is the better tank. Unless you just want the 4 person crew trainer instead of a 5, or just really like side scraping.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So Vents, Vstab, and GLD are currently on my Bisonte but I feel the GLD can be replaced to maybe improved aiming or the Improved rotation mechanism. I will have to play around a bit on some of the equipment to see what works but the accuracy on this tank is very poor.

I am using Vents, Vstab, and Rotation Mechanism on mine.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Grinding my T54E1 has been quite the struggle so far... Tier 10 fights are just the worst.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I'm up to 60% dmg in Standard B.

I've been having some tough sessions but once I realized it wasn't ME, it turned around a bit.

I wonder if I can 1st MoE this thing before I throw my PC off my roof...

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Past two days. 17 games. Zero wins.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Past two days. 17 games. Zero wins.

Merry Christmas everybody.

I feel you man, I had the same result after playing 0 games.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
We know.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Control Volume posted:

I don't think we could actually define ur results in this situation

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

BadLlama posted:

I don't think we could actually define ur results in this situation

Im stuck in a hellish state of never playing this game and hating every second I play of it. A real shrodingers dipshit

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Grinding my T54E1 has been quite the struggle so far... Tier 10 fights are just the worst.

If it makes you feel any better, the T54E1 is better than it used to be. Which is not saying much. When it first came out it was a loving monster, but power creep smacked it down hard.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I've actually been thinking of rebuying it for T9's as I do quite like the T57.

1,600 dmg in 6.66 seconds vs 1,600 dmg in 6 seconds for the T10 isn't all that bad, The T10 just has a chance of actually bouncing things while the T54E1 isn't bouncing poo poo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

I've actually been thinking of rebuying it for T9's as I do quite like the T57.

1,600 dmg in 6.66 seconds vs 1,600 dmg in 6 seconds for the T10 isn't all that bad, The T10 just has a chance of actually bouncing things while the T54E1 isn't bouncing poo poo.

I enjoy the tank, when they buffed the pen I was so happy. It's not amazing, but it is great. Clipping people out in 6 seconds is always amazing.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Y'all like the T57? That's like my worst tank.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah I like it quite a bit. My W/R in it has tanked a bit since I started playing it more regularly again but my damage done and WN8 have gone up. WoT for you.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Y'all like the T57? That's like my worst tank.

When I was in my prime I played the T57 A LOT. I have not played it recently at all. I used to love playing that tank, it was so amazing clipping people for such a great amount of damage then reloading shortly after. Now-a-days, I am not sure how it holds up. There is a lot stronger competition in T10 in modern WoT.

Here is a tank that is going to remain stuck in time because I don't want to ruin my memory of it:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Can y'all share replays? Youtube guides don't really help

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

You guys sick of farming drops off muted tabs of annoying WoT streamers? Farm holiday drops off a muted tab of an annoying goon twitch stream.

https://twitch.tv/ragebusket

Probably run platoons later tonight.

I can run it this weekend sometime if you want to tag along or watch.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

I have a lot of replays, none of the T57. I basically treated myself like a light tank that had HP.

Was that lovely to do?

Yes.

Did it win games though?

Yes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Below are the last two games I played in mine, nothing too amazing in them except seeing me hide behind tons of things constantly, T57 style.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5660210#redshire-badllama-t57_heavy_tank

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5660214#hinterland-badllama-t57_heavy_tank

I love ammo racking IS-7's with the T57 though, its quite easy, just shoot them exactly where I was aiming repeatedly.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 11, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Captain Blaargh I wish I would play more games with you. Or any goon in this thread for that matter. If I am online please feel free to ping me in-game or send me a PM so I can add you guys to my goon discord.

Control Volume posted:

Chucklefucks who post this every two weeks in this thread need not apply.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

I feel personally attacked.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Captain Blaargh I wish I would play more games with you. Or any goon in this thread for that matter. If I am online please feel free to ping me in-game or send me a PM so I can add you guys to my goon discord.

mad?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
:can:

Ill go ahead and say it. But it's getting really old that the same few goons come in once in a blue moon while people are talking about tanks only to come in to poo poo on the thread. We get it, you hate tanks.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

:hai: mad.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

you rang?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Frontlines isn't back yet.