Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Loving the worldbuilding in this but holy poo poo is the gameplay chunky, especially after playing Destiny 2. Also it's like they played the game with both a controller and a kb/m because neither has a thought-out system and even the menu has both types of streamlining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why is this game just lifting dialogue straight from portal 2

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is there a way to access different grenade types during combat without going into the menu?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

panascope posted:

You’ve already said it’s a mediocre shooter, that’s basically the whole game. What else even is there? The driving is absolutely atrocious and the stealth really isn’t that interesting.

This is a real weird take.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Endorph posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo_i1t4VEAAlhLt?format=jpg&name=medium

Neat mission detail spoiler:

They got the original Portal sound files for the Coastview rogue AI car quest.

I found it a very nice surprise.

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
Is something wrong with the update on Steam? Was working this morning.

It says "update paused" and when I "resume" it just immediately goes to "update paused" again after not doing anything. Restarted multiple times.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Are there side activities in this game are is every single mission shooting people based. Can you do side stuff like Yakuza, Witcher, and Red Dead?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Endorph posted:

There's also a reference to The Office in a mission you pickup from Afterlife. This game likes making references but they aren't subtle.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Mr.PayDay posted:

tbf it still is friggin’ crowded and definitely not lowered to 25%.

Oh yeah we can see it now, but we couldn't in the trailers done by in the last year.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Dandywalken posted:

Is that meant to happen the second you get in your car? It did for me and then it ghost-drove through a wall. Given Johnny had just decked me minutes before I assumed it was a loving spectral car

:same:

Got in the car and BOOSH, then the other car was just gone. Once my brain caught up to what happened, I thought it was hilarious!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

TeaJay posted:

For some reason I've been having trouble finding "proper" side missions instead of just it always being Regina going "okay these are some bad motherfuckers and you need to kill them all"

I've done a bit of main story missions after the prologue and that's when it really opened up for me, there's a bunch of side characters that are story related but will give you a bunch of side missions after a while. Then there's ones from the fixers such as the old Japanese lady, and some random calls that might be triggered by street cred. There's at least one high profile side mission that I got because of my rep, AFAIK.

Play a bit more of the story and the side missions get meatier is my experience.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Mr.PayDay posted:

tbf it still is friggin’ crowded and definitely not lowered to 25%.

Yea I have the same opinion. After reading the post about low crowd density I looked around and saw like 100+ people surrounding me, running on a 1080 on Medium settings :shrug:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Atoramos posted:

I keep running into minor ignorable bugs that I couldn't care less about

but then every once in a while I hit something like a previous poster noted, where something we're clearly meant to be able to interact with... I can't

Joytoy in Lizzie's seems to be a questgiver or something and just spoke at length about woes with her pimp, but there's not much I can do about it

Joytoys are just generic NPCs, the magnifying glass symbol just means you can talk/scan something for quest or flavor info.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

a mysterious cloak posted:

:same:

Got in the car and BOOSH, then the other car was just gone. Once my brain caught up to what happened, I thought it was hilarious!

Haha yeah, that bit confused the heck out of me too. I still don't really understand what happened a day later.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Traxis posted:

Joytoys are just generic NPCs, the magnifying glass symbol just means you can talk/scan something for quest or flavor info.

Thank you, this explains a ton. In that case I haven't actually ran into any breaking bugs, just CTD's when I had the game running in true fullscreen and was constantly alt-tabbing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Endorph posted:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

._. the ref getter

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endorph posted:

Did you not notice who the voice there was? It was pretty clear this was a reference.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

6 hours in, and I will need some more hours to even get accustomed to the graphical quality. The environmental art, the layered design, the incredible quality of lightning, the materials, the good antialiasing, the everything. It's like years later, the devs from the engine team were still hurt of the downgrade accusations from the times of the Witcher 3 E3 trailers, so finally they were able to get their particular redemption. Not only this time it looks as good as the first trailers... it actually looks better.
It's also solid in things like very stable frametimes without no micro stutter, very quick loads, no loading times in the game, and instantaneous (less than 0.1 secs?) save.

A random screenshot I did. Imgur is destroying the quality, though.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The new hotfix (1.04) put on that extra polish I needed to actually enjoy the aesthetics / art direction in this game.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
End of act 1, beginning of act 2 spoilers bummed that I chose to send Jackie to the ripperdoc because I didn't think his mom wanted to see him with his liver hanging out, missed out on the funeral scene which probably would have really gotten me. Excuse for a second playthrough I guess! Also, is it true that since I hacked Meredith's credit chip for what turned out to be no good reason and blasted Royce in the face that I am cut out of further Meredith side quests? Not complaining, thems the breaks in this kind of game, just curious

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

DeadLetterOfficer posted:

Why are there no forced/foreign language only subs?! I thought there must be some sort of universal translator cyberware I was missing but nope, just sat through an entire loving scene in Japanese and had no idea what was being talked about because I don't want subtitles on all the time.

Am I really in such a small minority of people who plays games without subtitles that nobody at CDPR thought of this?

Absolutely drives me nuts too. Movies do the same a lot of the time; no subs on, because why would I, then there's a scene in a foreign language without hardcoded subs so I have to rewind and turn them on. Netflix, amazon, etc, all work like this.
The reasoning is the movie wouldn't know what language you would want the subs hardcoded in. Used to be region based - like if you bought a DVD in the north american region, pretty safe bet the subs could be hardcoded in english and it would be good. That approach doesn't really work nowadays.
What games SHOULD do is trigger english subs for foreign language scenes, unless you've picked a different language for your subs or voices, then they trigger subs in that language.
But I dunno, I'm not a dev.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
This game is pretty amazing so far. I am about 8 hours in and I have no major complaints. This is exactly what I wanted this game to be.

Of course there are a few tech issues to fix up but nothing has broken the game for me. The errors I'm mostly annoyed at are the spelling errors. "Denoted the bomb" and stuff like that.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

But...why...

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

This game is ridiculously gorgeous, I'm torn between actually playing it and just wandering around looking at poo poo.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

MoaM posted:

The new hotfix (1.04) put on that extra polish I needed to actually enjoy the aesthetics / art direction in this game.

I'm trying to figure out - was the launch day patch 1.02 or 1.03? I'm curious if 1.04 has any of the performance stuff they'd mentioned before, as the official patch notes for 1.04 don't mention any (for PC)

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

MoaM posted:

Are you noticing much of a difference?

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I'm trying to figure out - was the launch day patch 1.02 or 1.03? I'm curious if 1.04 has any of the performance stuff they'd mentioned before, as the official patch notes for 1.04 don't mention any (for PC)

1.03 was launch I believe, and the things they've mentioned are coming later, this seems to be the update to stop causing seizures in people who are prone to them, plus whatever else they had ready at the time.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So are you actually supposed to be able to play non-lethally? Because it sure doesn't seem like that after some of the early missions. On the other hand, a questgiver just congratulated me for taking out a Cyberpsycho or whatever they're called without killing them - despite me unloading forty shotgun shells into their head.

Also, do we know what the percentage tracker on the main menu is? Am I 10% through the main story, all missions or full completion? :shrug:

stev fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 12, 2020

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Combat Pretzel posted:

If the inventories are indeed fixed, then that sucks.

I don't think that's right. I reloaded a few times and visited a shop, and it had different gear every time. I saw a sweet trench coat, came back, and it was gone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have purchased 24 cars so far on my PC save file. :toot: Hoping to be able to collect every possible one that becomes available to you.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

RichterIX posted:

End of act 1, beginning of act 2 spoilers bummed that I chose to send Jackie to the ripperdoc because I didn't think his mom wanted to see him with his liver hanging out, missed out on the funeral scene which probably would have really gotten me. Excuse for a second playthrough I guess! Also, is it true that since I hacked Meredith's credit chip for what turned out to be no good reason and blasted Royce in the face that I am cut out of further Meredith side quests? Not complaining, thems the breaks in this kind of game, just curious

Wait... that doesn't happen if... wow

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

So is CD project red going to firesale their witcher IP now and file for bankruptcy after releasing this shitshow? Seems like most of the money's already been embezzled over the development period and the talent's been poached, leaving tye company with only newgrads and negative reviews.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I said come in! posted:

I have purchased 24 cars so far on my PC save file. :toot: Hoping to be able to collect every possible one that becomes available to you.

How the hell did you manage to get thst much money? After 23 hours Ive earned like 50k more or less, that's enough for maybe 3 or 4 cars. Can't seem to find something really profitable.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

So is CD project red going to firesale their witcher IP now and file for bankruptcy after releasing this shitshow? Seems like most of the money's already been embezzled over the development period and the talent's been poached, leaving tye company with only newgrads and negative reviews.

LOL no

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Holy poo poo this update is definitely doin' some things lol.
I downloaded the 1.4GB file in steam then it's been using about 200-300MB/s read/write on the disk for the past 15 minutes.
Is it completely reinstalling the game over itself?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

stev posted:

Also, do we know what the percentage tracker on the main menu is? Am I 10% through the main story, all missions or full completion? :shrug:

Not sure, but I'm up to three trackers now-

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

They made enough money on sales in two days to fully cover production and marketing costs. Are you a loving idiot or something?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Alright everyone I have started over as a Body/tech/cool lady V. Since I’m poo poo at aiming on consoles it’s gonna be shotguns and gorilla arms from here on out.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Please source your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Holy poo poo this update is definitely doin' some things lol.
I downloaded the 1.4GB file in steam then it's been using about 200-300MB/s read/write on the disk for the past 15 minutes.
Is it completely reinstalling the game over itself?

the patch broke something in my installation and i had to redownload half the game. if the patch need space to reinstall more than 70 gigs then im hosed