Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Heran Bago posted:

I was able to redeem all three on EU.

5KVeIbSxDUU

G3tQq6TOqmE

eATDgIXLD56

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

For those of us on console, these are not case sensitive, so you don't need to spend time flipping back and forth. (No clue if they're case-sensitive on the website or not but I can't redeem them there to see)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Huh I learned from the Keqing docs that "Electro-related elemental reactions do not scale very well into endgame (pyro melt and vaporise do). ELECTRO-RELATED ELEMENTAL REACTIONS LIKE OVERLOAD, SUPERCONDUCT, AND ELECTRO-CHARGED CANNOT CRIT". I see now why the CN players recently rated Keqing low among the 5 stars. Pyro is definitely in the spotlight.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

dogsicle posted:

well the rest of the game seems to think hydro's flavor is healing, so i can't complain much. anyone using a Mona carry can use it, Barb/XQ are the ones that get shut out.
It's worthwhile on every Hydro character except Xingqiu:
  • Obviously it's tailor-made for Tartaglia in the same sense Crimson Witch is tailor-made for Diluc.
  • DPS Mona can benefit from it because her E is on a fairly short cooldown.
  • If you were somehow compelled to run a DPS Barbara, she does most of her damage with Charged Attacks, and the long uptime on the 4pc buff helps mitigate how long her skill cooldown is.
  • Xingqiu... gets to do more melee damage, which is the last thing you actually want him doing.
So yeah it's actually pretty okay for 3/4 Hydro characters, I dunno. Burst Support Mona is going to want to run 2 Heart and 2 Noblesse though, or maybe even 4 Noblesse if you're not running it on someone like Bennett.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Flair posted:

Huh I learned from the Keqing docs that "Electro-related elemental reactions do not scale very well into endgame (pyro melt and vaporise do). ELECTRO-RELATED ELEMENTAL REACTIONS LIKE OVERLOAD, SUPERCONDUCT, AND ELECTRO-CHARGED CANNOT CRIT". I see now why the CN players recently rated Keqing low among the 5 stars. Pyro is definitely in the spotlight.

Electro charged is also STILL bugged so lol

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

SirKibbles posted:

Electro charged is also STILL bugged so lol

Is it? I thought the developers have now made electro charge "as intended", and I thought that was part of the public opinion to lower her DPS value.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Man, Bennet is a hell of a thing. He can basically always cast his burst on cooldown, and I don't even have him geared that well (I think my Favonius Sword is actually kind of overkill for him as far as energy regen goes). And from what I can tell he's generating a lot of energy for other characters as well.

I'm going to see if I can get by with using him + Xingqiu's swords* for healing, because Jean almost has her support maxed out.

edit: Is Bennet's healing affected by the healing artifact set? I'm sure it isn't remotely optimal, but for the time being some of my best options for him are from that set.

* Speaking of Xingqiu, I can see how the math works out to his ult being ridiculous. Mine is geared very poorly, but his ult still probably ends up doing like 20k total. It's not as obvious since the damage is spread out, but it adds up to bigger numbers than most other characters get with their ults.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 12, 2020

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
banner rateups leaked, last one was totally accurate so these are a pretty safe bet

*edit* actually just really good fakes apparently, lmao props

YES bread fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 12, 2020

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I will probably hold off until Ganyu then. Sucrose constellations would be good, but I'm not really interested in anything else on the banner.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'll probably end up skipping both banners. As much as I could use somebody to hold the cloud atlas gathering dust in my inventory, my Barbara is already C6 and I'm not keen on pulling dupes for Kaeya and Amber

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
That's a troll. And a funny one.

EDIT: Zeniet even deleted the tweet, ha ha ha. It was a banner in the style of the Childe/Zhong Li leaks of Sucrose/Amber/Kaeya and Bennett/Barbara/Lisa. It originated on 4Chan and they apparently are having a good laugh over it. I am fairly confident those will not be the banners and that it was a funny prank.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 12, 2020

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol gently caress I have all of Ganyu's 4*s at c6

ol Vapors gonna be swimming in masterless glitter

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nakar posted:

It's worthwhile on every Hydro character except Xingqiu:
  • Obviously it's tailor-made for Tartaglia in the same sense Crimson Witch is tailor-made for Diluc.
  • DPS Mona can benefit from it because her E is on a fairly short cooldown.
  • If you were somehow compelled to run a DPS Barbara, she does most of her damage with Charged Attacks, and the long uptime on the 4pc buff helps mitigate how long her skill cooldown is.
  • Xingqiu... gets to do more melee damage, which is the last thing you actually want him doing.
So yeah it's actually pretty okay for 3/4 Hydro characters, I dunno. Burst Support Mona is going to want to run 2 Heart and 2 Noblesse though, or maybe even 4 Noblesse if you're not running it on someone like Bennett.

i discounted Barb since her long CD means she's only getting the 4pc bonus half the time, which is what seemed to be the issue with her (and XQ) vs Childe/Mona. i'm not really familiar with her, but if her focus is charge attacks then i guess it's just in competition with Conductor?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
What's the weapon banner, that's what I wanna know. Probably more of those stupid shield weapons.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There is allegedly a stupid shield sword and a stupid shield bow (WHY) because three consecutive stupid shield weapons wasn't enough. This will, mercifully, "complete the cycle" that nobody was interested in in the first place.

sword: https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/dreams_of_dragonfell/
bow: https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/dreams_of_dragonfell/

I'm hoping they just abort and either put existing fun weapons or even better make new fun weapons in the style of Skyward Pride.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 12, 2020

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I didn't know what to do with today's first delivery, and learning the route looked like a pain, so I cheated by dropping the portable waypoint next to the guy before my second attempt. I wanted one up there anyway, I guess. The second's a bit of a nailbiter

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

No Wave posted:

That's a troll. And a funny one.

EDIT: Zeniet even deleted the tweet, ha ha ha. It was a banner in the style of the Childe/Zhong Li leaks of Sucrose/Amber/Kaeya and Bennett/Barbara/Lisa. It originated on 4Chan and they apparently are having a good laugh over it. I am fairly confident those will not be the banners and that it was a funny prank.

now I'm actually disappointed because it was going to be a comfy patch cycle of primo saving, gently caress

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It would've been fine to introduce 4* permanent shield weapons and they would've been better than half of the 4*s. Putting them at 5* limited though is lol.

Anyways, pulled a Dragon's Bane as my 30-somethingth non-Chongyun 4* from the Zhongbanner. Is this a decent Xiangling weapon? I guess I don't really use her for her attacks much anymore.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
My main goal with rolls is making sure I have all the 4s, because the characters are the enablers of playstyles. Having a good group of 4s will, I think, be more important in the long run than having any given 5.

Which is why I'm loving sitting on an R3 Dragon's Bane instead of having a single goddamn Xinyan.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have all the 4 stars, and you aren't really done until some of them are higher constellations. Xinyan and Sucrose really suffer from being at C0.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I used to care about getting all the 4*s but I'm not going to burn 40+ rolls for a c0 Xinyan (the only one I'm missing). Don't need Chong/Razor constellations. It is hard for me to imagine content where I'd need C0 Xinyan but a C3 Noelle wouldn't be good enough.

If she were meaningful/unique at C0 like Chongyun or unbelievably useful like Diona or flat out OP like Xingqiu/Bennett I'd probably have a harder decision, but pulling for a single 4* can become very painful.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 12, 2020

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Hmm, today's Wanming delivery is in... Guyun Stone Forest? Oh God, I know exactly where the devs are going to put this guy.

*looks at map, start getting traumatic flashbacks to my first TPK*

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, there's not really anything specific C0 Xinyan provides at the moment. Her shield is nothing special and is on a long cooldown. Her burst has incredible damage potential, but at the end of the day is just another damage burst. Finally, her Pyro application is lackluster without constellations.

The one thing I can testify that she does better than any of my current Pyros (and is not attributable to C6) is that her burst shreds Cryo Fatui shields before you even regain control from the animation. Although, I think Amber is also capable of that.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Random note about "don't take damage" stuff in limited areas: You can always go clear out the enemies along a route so they won't respawn until the next day. Lame approach but if it comes down to making it less likely to fail.

Also the Portable Waypoint trick is great and I probably won't need it but it's a great hack.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
When is the next banner going to leak? I still need Xinyan but i feel like i should start saving for Bennett at this point given my streak of dodging every 4* i want.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh god, finally the game gives me Chongyun. I think me asking them in that survey is what did it.

Now I just have to hope I can get Sucrose when 1.2 drops. (She seems important in the story at that point so I could see her being a free addition) More free characters like Barbara and Fischl would be nice, thank you.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm right at the range for soft pity on this banner and will have a 50/50 shot at getting a Zhongli to go with my 5* Skyward Spine. Should be fun to see which direction that goes. :shepface:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The worst part of the deliveries is being unable to talk to the person while in combat. I got to the second person just fine but the dumb hilichurls on the other side of the hill wouldn't deaggro and I couldn't kill them and get back fast enough.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I had 11 wishes and that was triggering my OCD, so I used one and got a second Bennett. This game cracks me up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

While I got lucky and was able to do the deliveries in only 2 tries each, I really disliked them and hope they don't repeat this mechanic much in the future. It was especially cruel having the second one where you can't get wet have the delivery target be on a boat. I was playing on my phone where the controls are finicky and got really lucky that I managed to land my jump on the boat correctly.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
kaeya user crew wins again

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

While I got lucky and was able to do the deliveries in only 2 tries each, I really disliked them and hope they don't repeat this mechanic much in the future. It was especially cruel having the second one where you can't get wet have the delivery target be on a boat. I was playing on my phone where the controls are finicky and got really lucky that I managed to land my jump on the boat correctly.

THIS.
All of this!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

YES bread posted:

kaeya user crew wins again

The only one I had to do twice was that one. At the very end all Kaeya had to do was freeze the water to the boat. He immediately spun a 180 because he really hated that box sitting there.

I should have written in "Option to disable lock-on" during that survey.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It wasn’t cruel it was funny. Like there’s only so much they can do they have to be possible and it’s clear as day what’s going to happen.

The rain thing is also hilarious.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm right at the range for soft pity on this banner and will have a 50/50 shot at getting a Zhongli to go with my 5* Skyward Spine. Should be fun to see which direction that goes. :shepface:

gently caress

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

gently caress

Sup, wanted-someone-else-but-got-Diluc buddy.

I have Klee geared to the gills, literally any other 5* would have made me happy but here we are.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

YoshiOfYellow posted:

gently caress

any random diluc constellation is more useful than any zhongli

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Not just Diluc. A dupe Diluc.

I don't even like this basic bitch.

Oh well. Guess I'll have a pity lined up for Albedo or Ganyu then. :shepface:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Not just Diluc. A dupe Diluc.

I don't even like this basic bitch.

Oh well. Guess I'll have a pity lined up for Albedo or Ganyu then. :shepface:

Made me look up Diluc's constellations. Lol that they're all some variation of "deal more damage"

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Getting some flashbacks to Monster Hunter's egg delivery quests doing this event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

No Wave posted:

I used to care about getting all the 4*s but I'm not going to burn 40+ rolls for a c0 Xinyan (the only one I'm missing). Don't need Chong/Razor constellations. It is hard for me to imagine content where I'd need C0 Xinyan but a C3 Noelle wouldn't be good enough.

If she were meaningful/unique at C0 like Chongyun or unbelievably useful like Diona or flat out OP like Xingqiu/Bennett I'd probably have a harder decision, but pulling for a single 4* can become very painful.

This is the right decision. You're going to get her eventually, just by grabbing her with a random off-banner pull or Acquaint Fate. I did some simulations, and way the math works out, we're all going to have all of the 4*s eventually. You actually can't avoid this happening even if you try. It will end up happening even if you somehow exclusively pull on the weapon banner (although it'll take years if you do that)! Don't chase a 4* unless they add actual utility to your lineup.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 12, 2020