Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

This rules. It's not going anywhere, but it's still great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It should honestly be the MIIC now, with one I for Information.

Militant Industrial & Intelligence Index Fund - MI3F. Every terrorist made in a drone strike is another investment in Raytheon stock options.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

what even is this post

You're right, I'll state my position plainly: Saddam, Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, 9/11, ISIL, all of it is a long chain of blowback after blowback from imperial adventure upon adventure, and I'm sick of people acting like an ahistorical perspective is the wise and practical one.

Alright, back to sarcasm.

Well, who can say how we got here? I, for one, just fell from a cabbage cart yesterday, but there's no telling where that cart came from. What I do know is, America cannot afford to stand by and let Iran just do whatever. Whatever they're doing, they should know we won't let them threaten our strategic interests in them not doing it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

but this breaks :decorum: !

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Miloshe posted:

I'm not calling you out on this, but through personal experience, the myriad articles and investigations (most recently Aussie SAS), and myriad anecdotes I've read in GiP (Shim's puppy stealing tale for one), I'm not convinced "surgical raids on HVI's" are any different and could be far worse in terms of traumatizing whole villages. Every raid I went on "jokes" were made about establishing job security, because if we kill everyone what needs a-killin' who on Earth are we going to kill? JPEL was an aberrant failure both in theory and practice.

Lastly, those good old American troops getting wounded and killed in the conduct of our raids have led to a lot of units on those tiers going full on berserker for the remainder of there deployments and transmitting that attitude to whomever they RIPed out with. Additionally their sacrifice ostensibly in the name of our nation and constitution provides ample and factually true anecdotes to serve the chicken hawks among us in their propagandistic efforts. Entropy.

I agree to a point; but part of the issue is that for 20 years, we've used them as sledge hammers, and then everything is a nail. There is also cultural inertia- once these attitudes sink in, they only way to get them out is gently caress off the lot of them and start fresh- which we can't/won't do.

Again, not completely disagreeing with you, but our policies put those attitudes in place in those dudes. And you can see the progression in wanton violence among those units as the wars progressed.

If that all makes sense

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Turns out war is lovely and nobody but the bankers wins.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Now I'm really, really surprised this thing didn't get out there.

https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/1337535340433854464?s=19

DOJ-Delaware has been on Hunter for a while, but DOJ-Pittsburgh appears to have bit hard on the Rudy bullshit. DOJ-Pittsburgh tells FBI to interview and investigate a whole bunch of people, FBI tells DOJ-Pittsburgh to go gently caress a hat because DOJ-Delaware is already doing poo poo and DOJ-New York is investigating Rudy. RUDY AND HIS LAWYER IS LITERALLY HAVING BREAKFAST WITH OTHER FBI AND DOJ-PITTSBURGH.

So DOJ-Pittsburgh is continuing to tell the FBI to do stuff, the FBI still tells him to gently caress a hat, and they all have a big meeting at main DOJ where something or other gets hammered out and the whole thing stays quiet.

Will be amazing to see how much nonpublic corruption happened with all the public corruption going on.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:siren: GOOD loving NIGHT :siren:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1337540757100564480

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's amusing that if Hunter Biden actually did some dodgy tax poo poo it'll be almost impossible for an investigation to be taken seriously thanks to Rudy's shenanigans.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Republican majority Supreme Court telling Donny et al to get hosed is :discourse:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rest in piss

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

And that was the analysis from Cloud-Cuckoo land, and now Phil with the weather.

Yeah sorry, I was super annoyed about some other things and went a little too fangs-out on this one. Not being particularly impressed with centrist Democrats isn't exactly a take that's out of place in this forum, though.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Well, who can say how we got here? I, for one, just fell from a cabbage cart yesterday, but there's no telling where that cart came from. What I do know is, America cannot afford to stand by and let Iran just do whatever. Whatever they're doing, they should know we won't let them threaten our strategic interests in them not doing it.

Iran kind of disproves your point about a historical perspective; if anything, we've allowed 1979 to cloud our relations and perception of them and influence policy in a terrible direction. They are a regional power with historically contiguous borders and culture (which is more than can be said for our Gulf Arab allies, who are in power because they found oil beneath their feet) and should be treated as such. We'd do better to put away poo poo that happened 41 years ago,. treat them with a modicum of respect, and integrate them back into the international community. Basically like how the Europeans do it.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Make the tweets rear end in a top hat

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Republican majority Supreme Court telling Donny et al to get hosed is :discourse:

It’s funny Thomas joined with Alito in citing a case that Thomas apparently dissented in.

Regardless they said they won’t granted the relief. I just find Thomas being Thomas often funny.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It’s funny Thomas joined with Alito in citing a case that Thomas apparently dissented in.

Regardless they said they won’t granted the relief. I just find Thomas being Thomas often funny.

“I would have rather heard you out then told you to gently caress off” is amusing.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah that's the key here. Alito and Thomas were like "Yeah, we think we have to hear this, as we said in the past. Then we'd immediately deny it so gently caress off anyways."

Might as well be 9-0.

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1337544673934667779

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/i-am-not-afraid-gas-chamber-codebreakers-solve-old-zodiac-n1250948

Hey, some cryptography nerds figured out the last Zodiac Killer cipher.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Why didn't they just ask Ted?

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

bulletsponge13 posted:

I agree to a point; but part of the issue is that for 20 years, we've used them as sledge hammers, and then everything is a nail. There is also cultural inertia- once these attitudes sink in, they only way to get them out is gently caress off the lot of them and start fresh- which we can't/won't do.

Again, not completely disagreeing with you, but our policies put those attitudes in place in those dudes. And you can see the progression in wanton violence among those units as the wars progressed.

If that all makes sense

Thanks for clarifying; we're in agreement. I can tell you that when MARSOC (Now known as Raiders, RIP SOF Marine) was stood up by edict of Rumsfeld my first interactions with SF were eye-opening. They were terrified inviting Force Recon carte blanch into SOCOM would further move the mission set away from UW or FID. They were supremely disappointed in the mission set they had been relegated to, and saw the writing on the wall 15 years ago. 15 years ago. We don't have to think too long about who's running the show now and what "traditions" have been created and sadly the self selective process for volunteers now, never mind the cadre running A&S.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/adamkelsey/status/1337549501507264515

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

at what point can people start throwing the word "sedition" around?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress it! Time to get the Ouija board out and get Sherman and Grant on the horn.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yeah, the SCOTUS decision to not even HEAR the case has me just as :ohdear: as if they had. Donny is the type who was probably pretty sure "his people" were going to back him up, which further proves just how bad his advising is - once SCOTUS Justices are seated the only thing they care about is their ~legacy~, and no one wants to die on Orange Hill.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, in short, I just want to say, it's not perfect...but I love having an independent judiciary.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, the SCOTUS decision to not even HEAR the case has me just as :ohdear: as if they had. Donny is the type who was probably pretty sure "his people" were going to back him up, which further proves just how bad his advising is - once SCOTUS Justices are seated the only thing they care about is their ~legacy~, and no one wants to die on Orange Hill.

Trump gonna flash pack the court with 20 more 35 year old Liberty University law school grads who will agree to hear the case in mid-January

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Trump gonna flash pack the court with 20 more 35 year old Liberty University law school grads who will agree to hear the case in mid-January

Regent Law School grads. They haven't had a scandal in a while.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

It's Allen West. His idea of "rule of law" is notoriously vague.

Might as well ask Buffalo Bill for his opinions on sustainable cattle farming.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Miloshe posted:

Thanks for clarifying; we're in agreement. I can tell you that when MARSOC (Now known as Raiders, RIP SOF Marine) was stood up by edict of Rumsfeld my first interactions with SF were eye-opening. They were terrified inviting Force Recon carte blanch into SOCOM would further move the mission set away from UW or FID. They were supremely disappointed in the mission set they had been relegated to, and saw the writing on the wall 15 years ago. 15 years ago. We don't have to think too long about who's running the show now and what "traditions" have been created and sadly the self selective process for volunteers now, never mind the cadre running A&S.

My first tour, we did a bunch of raids with SF, and later various other SOF elements. I remember thinking how loving professional the SF dudes were on raids. We tried to emulate that as much as possible in our own raids. We lived in the city- we knew that we could be over run and killed before any supporting assets would come to the rescue of our <Company strength encampment. We also knew that everytime somebody was an rear end in a top hat in our sector, we payed for it. We worked hard at doing things the right way. The general tone of all forces changed as it went on.

Nothing good came from the wars.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:hmmyes:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The name redacted star cyber investigator of Sydney Powell's kraken lawsuits failed out of intelligence training: https://mobile.twitter.com/questauthority/status/1337554521367728129

The original WaPo article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/sidney-powell-spider-spyder-witness/2020/12/11/0cd567e6-3b2a-11eb-98c4-25dc9f4987e8_story.html

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

ullerrm posted:

It's Allen West. His idea of "rule of law" is notoriously vague.

Might as well ask Buffalo Bill for his opinions on sustainable cattle farming.

He just wants a vest with udders, is that really so unreasonable?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I didn't realize that's where Allen West ended up.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
someone's having a sad :)

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1337571309266538496

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

:bisonyes:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:piss:

boner penis
Oct 1, 2012

To Be is to get HYPHY
To Know is to go DUMB
wow, SCOTUS shot down the Trump challenge so succintly

I wonder what TheDonald.win has to say about this....

...oh

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boner penis posted:

...oh

:lol: If you thought Georgia could fit a ton of fire in it....I do recall everything is bigger in Texas.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

“106 congressman”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

boner penis posted:

...oh

Come kill my nuts losers. And suck’em!