Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Air support!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

Same, I thought he looked like rob zombie.

A side quest with Rob Zombie would be so cool.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm having a blast just being a cyber bounty hunter and hunting gangs down

(3080)

Urban Sorcerer
Oct 16, 2005
Haven't encountered a single bug after several hours until now - whenever I kill anything it hard crashes to desktop and I get the cyberpunk has flatlined error message. Even reloading old saves does nothing - anyone else have this happen or am I am going to have to just start over?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I can't decide if I wanna start over because of the patch or not.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

Game is gorgeous

The screenshots look good, but what really blows me away is how they look in motion. I was driving along the water back from an early game mission with most of the city in view and was blown away at how good it looked

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

History Comes Inside! posted:

Beep boop I am a robot what is the point of “Easter eggs” it’s just copying a thing into another thing to catch the attention of people who might recognise it from the original thing and make them smile and/or appreciate the reference, why would anyone ever do that.

Dunno man seeming real defensive over a boring reference to a 15 year old game

J
Jun 10, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Its never ending, I am at 24 purchased and am not sure how many total there are but I am trying to find out.

Where the heck are you gettin all that cash??

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Simone Magus posted:

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Panam flips my cookie. She works as a character really well.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

That late title card. This game loving rules.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

J posted:

Where the heck are you gettin all that cash??

Killing everyone that is mean to me, and selling their implants / guns. It's not hard to find jerks in this game. :hellyeah:

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Apparition posted:

I don’t know whether I feel good or bad that my penis looks exactly like the default penis.

Does it phase through your pants into public view without the fly being unzipped?

I said come in! posted:

Really wanting a complete soundtrack of the radio songs. There are some absolute bangers on there.

Yeah, mildly irked the pre-order soundtrack is just the ambient stuff, though at least that's pretty good too. Though I swear every time I find a great song on the radio I reach my destination too soon and just don't feel like I can sit parked there and let it finish, drat the luck! :argh:

After goofing around a bunch, finally pushed into Act 2 with the main quests where I just rescued Evelyn, assuming she doesn't stay perma-comatose anyway. I must say I find it hilarious and so perfectly cyberpunk that absolutely none of the heisters in this little clusterfuck were the secret cool collected master playing everybody else like pawns, everybody was pretty much a petty dipshit in over their heads, including Evelyn and Dex. Even Yorinaga killing his father was pretty obviously him just snapping and then frantically covering up (and badly at that), he was just lucky V and Jackie were there to pin the whole thing on or he would have been immediately screwed instead of definitely screwed once his thin cover story gets wrecked by V and Takemura. No cunning plans in ANY of this affair, just people being people and loving up all around in pure cyberpunk fashion. Also the doll experience was very good writing; I kept going assuming Evelyn had put some kind of secret programming in or something to pass a message but eventually I just kept going because it was kind of neat seeing the conversation. Actually explains the popularity of the dolls despite the obvious creepy factor; most prostitutes it's just pure sex but this setup fakes an outright emotional connection. Given about the only genuine emotional connections Night City tends to have involve rage, hatred, or terror, I can see why it would be so popular. Was pretty hilarious popping the safe word finally and the wise patient girl with stars in her eyes immediately turns back into your typical cynical grumpy Night City resident though. Silverhand is decidedly an rear end in a top hat and may take the prize for most cynical person in Night City in what is a very tight contest for the position, I like that he's not really a hero here even if his enemies are decidedly villains (Saburo is canonically a fascist true believer from WWII Japan who wants to take over the world; I about died laughing at the loading screen interview where Judy Dzenga suggested an appropriate flex in response to the Arasaka carrier was to fly a WWII bomber over Japan a la the Enola Gay even if she got the model wrong). Seems like they retconned the original story of the Arasaka Towers attack a bit (was kind of sad no Morgan Blackhand, for one), but I appreciate that Johnny nuking Arasaka felt very much like someone's PC going "gently caress it, wrecking the DM's setting while giving a perfect middle finger to the NPCs I hated most" which I suspect it was originally. Just hope they saved Johnny's gun along with his mind, that thing was a beast to play with and the reload animation was awesome.

As for gameplay in general, been pretty lucky to just have minor graphical glitches with maybe a random crash or two as mentioned before. I don't know how big it is but Night City sure FEELS appropriately huge as a cyberpunk sprawl city should be. Think the reason it's this buggy at release is they spent the delays just trying to make sure they had all the assets they needed to fill the thing. I do like that violence is as frequent and random as previously established in the setting even for V; got killed at least once literally because I walked down the wrong alley and got jumped by gangers pretty much for not moving by fast enough, and in addition to the crime icons that pop up you get random encounters like gangers deciding to put up a roadblock on a road for pure shits and giggles. Been playing Street Kid and it does feel like they get plenty of remarks that suggest they're familiar with things in general in Night City even if certain parties may be new to them or too distant for them to know much, which works well with my pre-existing knowledge of the RPG setting. Most of my headaches boil down to little niggles; still somewhat irritated I can't get Kerenzikov's slowdown to trigger right (may need one of those "simplify dodge" mods on Nexus). Stealth is also a headache; I can hack cameras to be friendly or turn off but I swear they get randomly flipped back to hostile all the time, and enemies seem to be able to see bodies through solid walls one too many times to be coincidences. Also keep getting bugs where enemies won't face the way they're supposed to face for animations so I keep getting them in positions where they're always staring at where I would approach from and I can't sneak up for the neck hug. I am also coming to accept I'm a terrible driver in this game though part of that is the crappy cars I have thus far and I do better when I steal more valuable ones. Certainly the bike I got from Jackie is easier to drive than the piece of crap starter car. I was originally thinking when Del's cab rammed me he was trying to sneakily do me a favor by getting me the money for a better car in a "settlement". Not entirely sure why in God's name Jackie wanted to borrow V's car after the first mission when he had that much nicer bike; even if he was going to visit Misty she'd probably have been a lot more comfortable on the back of his bike rather than the Crapmobile (and at his size they drat well weren't going to be using the back seats in THAT thing). Though given the way I keep crashing it that bike isn't going to stay nice much longer. Actual thing said by me: "OK, this time I will NOT crash into the back of the car ahead of me!" *slide around, bounce off wall and smack into side of car* "OK, did not hit the BACK of the car, calling this a moral victory!".

And one screenshot to show how pretty the game is (even if pre-dawn is a bad time to avoid shadows):

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Another unobtainable treasure, but this time, I think it's intentional?

You can see this bit o treasure, but you cant reach it. You cant get on the bar or get behind it and there isn't an angle that allows a pickup action.

The worst part is, this is definitely important treasure too. A secret materia to defeat sephiroth in the end, I know it.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Simone Magus posted:

Do you have to start a new save to benefit from some of it?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Holy poo poo melee is FUN AS HELL. And it just destroys people. I have zero points invested in it and I still just cut through guys who used to take so many bullets. It helps that its hard to miss when you're swinging a katana in someone's face.

Sneaking around, dodging bullets, hacking people, then rushing in and slicing them up. This is Cyberpunk 2077. gently caress treating this game like a cover shooter; that's boring. Get a beefy katana and run around like a maniac!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Escaping with Jackie from the penthouse after that guy killed his dead. Why the hell can't I use a weapon that I'm picking up from the enemies that I kill? Jackie is using guns!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

blue squares posted:

Holy poo poo melee is FUN AS HELL. And it just destroys people. I have zero points invested in it and I still just cut through guys who used to take so many bullets. It helps that its hard to miss when you're swinging a katana in someone's face.

Sneaking around, dodging bullets, hacking people, then rushing in and slicing them up. This is Cyberpunk 2077. gently caress treating this game like a cover shooter; that's boring. Get a beefy katana and run around like a maniac!

yeah on that point

I wanna do this but with blunt weapons because there's a whole skill tree for blunt weapons

but I see that all blunt weapons are apparently nonlethal? is specializing in blunt weapons a huge mistake?

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?
I am loving lovng being a HACKERMAN so much

This game owns

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So I have a glitch where I found a giant dildo melee weapon that appears as nothing but an untextured white silhouette unless I hit something at which point it promptly textures itself until I swap away where it untextures itself.

I can't tell if this is poorly implemented censorship, poor implemented textured, or both.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

PS4 version still feels broken after the patch. Now phone calls are very unresponsive, menus are sluggish to come up, switching views in cad when in first person mode straight up doesn’t seem to work, and the pause menu/settings don’t load in UI elements right away. Just crashed after playing for a while when trying to navigate settings.

Also did I miss the title card or does that come a little later in Act 2? The sequence after the heist seemed very muddled and kinda broken I’m almost worried the game just skipped out on showing me something.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

mistermojo posted:

I have to say the game gets a lot better after act 1 when you can actually go do the hundreds of side quests and activities littering the map. I have stopped using guns though, because they feel terrible, and am instead easily murdering everyone by hitting them with a hammer and running around corners

Same except get a homing sniper rifle so you can thin the herd from afar when necessary. And maybe a silenced pistol for sneaking if you can get a headshot kill

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Just want to say thank you to Comte et al for addressing the seizure trigger so quickly. I'm epileptic, and although I don't have a history of photo-sensitivity, I've been terrified of going anywhere near the braindance sequences. Seriously looking forward to seeing the next parts of the game.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I really hope for a 3rd person mode just for walking. If you draw a gun or do anything, make it switch to 1st person for animations and all, but man if I could just walk in between places that'd be cool. I think that's one reason the motorcyle is so cool. You get to see your dude

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Warrior Princess posted:

I am loving lovng being a HACKERMAN so much

This game owns

I never find myself doing hacks during combat itself. Things get too frantic. Do you?

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

pmchem posted:

yeah on that point

I wanna do this but with blunt weapons because there's a whole skill tree for blunt weapons

but I see that all blunt weapons are apparently nonlethal? is specializing in blunt weapons a huge mistake?

There are missions where you aren't supposed to kill your target, but you have to fight them.

You'll be able to swing an enormous hammer into their face instead of trying to punch them down with unbuffed fists.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
im fighting a loving evil taxil and im really not enjoying this game

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

AI drivers need some major work. I just came across a straightaway where the right lane drivers just slam into the shoulder barrier as if they are trying to drive on the sidewalk and just blow up. Like 30 cars in a row

Edit: word correction

hello internet fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 12, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Firstborn posted:

I really hope for a 3rd person mode just for walking. If you draw a gun or do anything, make it switch to 1st person for animations and all, but man if I could just walk in between places that'd be cool. I think that's one reason the motorcyle is so cool. You get to see your dude

There's a few instances where you can see your shadow and... i really don't want to see what my model is actually doing.

Also as an actual city engineer i am very ALARMED about the lack of inlet/catch basins and general drainage structures. Curb/gutter profiles are ok if not overdone BUT WHERE IS THE RAIN WATER GOING, CDPROJECKT???

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

blue squares posted:

I never find myself doing hacks during combat itself. Things get too frantic. Do you?

Yes, especially since doing it activates bullet time and let's you slow everything down to think or chill.

First instance of forced gun usage: Heist escape, if you don't destroy the drones you esplode, but I don't have any anti-mech hax.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 12, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I didn't immediately noticed it but scanning slows down time considerably letting you actually tag and you know, do poo poo without dying.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So the GeForce now GoG version is still stuck at 1.03. Any ideas how to force the new version? It already said it was patching earlier. Perhaps even after that it takes a few hours to propagate through Nvidia's servers.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

also was just walking around the city as someone jumped off a building and landed in front of me. :rip:

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.
A tip for anyone playing on PC. Make sure you go to settings->gameplay and turn off the aim assist mode.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

blue squares posted:

Yes, a lot. It is my primary weapon. Fun fact, when you set someone on fire with HACKERMANNING, they flail about and can't shoot back!

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

ZeeBoi posted:

PS4 version still feels broken after the patch. Now phone calls are very unresponsive, menus are sluggish to come up and the pause menu/settings don’t load in UI elements right away. Just crashed after playing for a while when trying to navigate settings.

Also did I miss the title card or does that come a little later in Act 2? The sequence after the heist seemed very muddled and kinda broken I’m almost worried the game just skipped out on showing me something.

I just tried the patch for a little while on PS4 and I’m really impressed. The game no longer looks blurry as poo poo, and didn’t crash at all. Still some frame drops and stuttering when driving around and getting in big gun fights, but it FEELS like a PS4 game now.

The performance on consoles has been so inconsistent from person to person that I’m starting to wonder if the joke someone made earlier about random things like V’s appearance and outfit affecting performance aren’t true. My brother-in-law has 20+ hours in the game on base PS4 and hasn’t had a single crash, while pre-patch my game was blue screening at least once an hour. It’s weird.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

RichterIX posted:

Kind of a weird question, but does anyone know if all access points are possible to solve for all 3 rewards even with the base deck? Just wondering how hard I should be wracking my brain on some of these. I know they're probably pretty easy, and solving for the best reward isn't usually a problem, I'm just wondering if they're made to all be solvable at minimum buffer slots

Definitely had a few that are outright impossible to 100% with four slots. A few with all 3 rewards possible, and plenty with 2.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

As I understand it the developers were already getting profit sharing regardless of review scores. The meta critic thing were bonuses on top of profit sharing which sounds a lot more fair to me. Not ideal, but saying hey you can share in the profit and if the game is really good get a 2nd tier bonus as well is more than most game companies do.

Mata
Dec 23, 2003
Doing a cold blood + stealth dude makes combat very fun. The swords are so strong you can cut 5 guys to pieces before the flashbang wears off :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Wow, okay, this patch has taken it from "this is playable, but only barely" to "no worse than any other open world physics/clipping jank" on PS4 pro.

I'm honestly kinda just confused that it wasn't part of the day one patch? Like, I get that it takes time to bugtest and program fixes, but this is literally less than a 24 hour turn around, there's no way this was coded, submited, approved, and distributed today.

Stroth fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 12, 2020