Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Heck yeah. I just got a shipping notice on my Ironhide/Prowl set out of the blue after getting the indefinite delay mail last week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

He's got a fairly standard SE England/Home Counties accent, lower middle class (notice how he pronounces 'Thrust' as 'Frust'). He's adopting the style of our UK TV presenters (the younger ones, obviously), who are usually excitable in the same way.
I get so much amusement asking English people what they have against the letter T :allears:

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Just wanted to let my Santa know I got their box today safe and sound. I think I’ll wait a lil closer to Christmas to open it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I was previously really down on the newer lines' micromasters, but I got two blue and purple guys that kinda reminded me of Crumplezone, and I'm really liking them. The last little robot I got from the War for Cybertron lines was pretty undetailed and made of some kind of waxy soft plastic and wasn't very detailed or articulated, but these guys are a lot better.

I was also put off by the fact that all of them are advertised with their combined weapon modes that don't look like anything (which is the tendency of a lot of extra weapon modes), but they actually look good in their normal vehicle modes as well as a combined 8-wheel truck mode. The instructions don't even say the combined weapon mode is a thing, it just says to remove the gun vehicle's weapon to use in another figure's hand.

I also while looking around found some of the G1 micromaster combiners that the new micromasters were remakes of, and these things seem cool. I wish they had these things as well. They'd totally fit in with the rest of what Earthrise was doing.

Maybe Hasbro would be reluctant if they can't figure out how to the trailer/attack vehicles/base into a robot as well. That seems to be the pattern.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Rhyno posted:

I know you guys are probably sick of me saying "here buy my poo poo" but I think somebody said they would be interested if I decided to sell my Toyworld Devastator and my Zeta Bruticus and Superion?

To be honest I was waiting on you to post the combiners :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GD_American posted:

To be honest I was waiting on you to post the combiners :)

I'll probably get on it this weekend.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
One of my cats knocked into my MP bookcase while jumping down from his little hut over top of the TV, and MMC Arcee took a four foot header onto the stainless steel base of my floor lamp. 0 loving damage. She is officially stronger than Warpath.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

I was previously really down on the newer lines' micromasters, but I got two blue and purple guys that kinda reminded me of Crumplezone, and I'm really liking them. The last little robot I got from the War for Cybertron lines was pretty undetailed and made of some kind of waxy soft plastic and wasn't very detailed or articulated, but these guys are a lot better.

I was also put off by the fact that all of them are advertised with their combined weapon modes that don't look like anything (which is the tendency of a lot of extra weapon modes), but they actually look good in their normal vehicle modes as well as a combined 8-wheel truck mode. The instructions don't even say the combined weapon mode is a thing, it just says to remove the gun vehicle's weapon to use in another figure's hand.

I also while looking around found some of the G1 micromaster combiners that the new micromasters were remakes of, and these things seem cool. I wish they had these things as well. They'd totally fit in with the rest of what Earthrise was doing.

Maybe Hasbro would be reluctant if they can't figure out how to the trailer/attack vehicles/base into a robot as well. That seems to be the pattern.

Yeah I love that Ironworks and Hotfoot facility got remakes. And they look reasonably good as well.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
what the hell are these "ReAction" figures

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-reaction-blaster-figure-by-super7?refSrc=4981108015206&nosto=productpage-nosto-1

are they even figures, or are they statues? they look completely static to me. 18 bucks for a less than 4 inch tall statue, nope

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They’ve got head, shoulder, and hip articulation. Think the original Star Wars figures.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
"[hastily digging through archives looking for more TF sublines to revive] uh... uh... what if Action Masters, but worse"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I have received an email from USPS saying that my Santee's package is expected to be delivered by Tuesday.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-reaction-blaster-figure-by-super7?refSrc=4981108015206&nosto=productpage-nosto-1

are they even figures, or are they statues? they look completely static to me. 18 bucks for a less than 4 inch tall statue, nope
They're not a Hasbro thing, they're a company that specifically makes crappy 70's-style action figures of every IP they can get their hands on. They're basically always inferior to the original figure line they're based on, and are pretty much Funko-Pop-level overpriced garbage. I assume they're targeting a similar market.

https://super7.com/collections/reaction-figures

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
Yeah, they're just yet another collectible statue/figurine. This one just intends to invoke some retro toy aesthetic. There's clearly a market.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Knormal posted:

They're not a Hasbro thing, they're a company that specifically makes crappy 70's-style action figures of every IP they can get their hands on. They're basically always inferior to the original figure line they're based on, and are pretty much Funko-Pop-level overpriced garbage. I assume they're targeting a similar market.

I was thinking about getting the Megatron one since I will buy and enjoy almost any Megatron, but having seen them in person they're too crappy even for compulsive collecting.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah I saw them when they were doing the Karate kid and Alien figures and they're really bad but I guess that's the gimmick they're going for.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yeah I saw them when they were doing the Karate kid and Alien figures and they're really bad but I guess that's the gimmick they're going for.

It worked for the Alien figures since those were based on unmade figures Kenner had been planning to do back in the 70's before that giant Alien figure traumatized an entire generation of kids and torpedoed the rest of the planned Alien toyline of the time, but yeah it falls apart for everything else

Personally I feel if you're going to do a retro action figure line you would be better off stealing the MOTU style than Kenner Star Wars

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Had they announced before that combiner wars devastator was coming back? Because it's back.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-combiner-wars-devastator

Knormal posted:

Ah, that explains it.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

DK and I are hoping for another batch of Scorponoks, what is this monkey paw Devastator?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
What’s surprising is that Devs will be in stock in mid-January, which seems really soon for Pulse.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Would anyone care if I did a little review of the Breakdown Vehicon two pack? Haven’t opened it yet but am very excited and I may photograph things.

Also I am shooting for sending out my Santa stuff on Monday!!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
My santee should receive their FIRST gift package on the 20th. I am working to additionally secure something very special but it may not arrive for some time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Annoyingly RB's second package got held up by USPS. Not sure what's going on there but the last notification I got was

December 11, 2020, 1:07 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 11, 2020 at 1:07 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

So hopefully it'll be there soon. So long as it gets there though, that's the main thing

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
For what it's worth my usps tracking for various stuff has been far flakier than normal recently but so far everything has arrived as expected.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Captain Invictus posted:

The ReAction he's having seems to be "dull surprise"

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
My Ironhide/Prowl set just arrived in just the retail box with shipping stickers slapped on it. Box is pretty beat up. Here's hoping the contents are ok.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Would anyone care if I did a little review of the Breakdown Vehicon two pack? Haven’t opened it yet but am very excited and I may photograph things.
:justpost:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm still loving this guy's reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LJO46Sadbw

Also he's good at art:

https://twitter.com/GeshGav/status/1336071366227988483

https://twitter.com/GeshGav/status/1337548511471165445

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Burkion posted:

Annoyingly RB's second package got held up by USPS. Not sure what's going on there but the last notification I got was

December 11, 2020, 1:07 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 11, 2020 at 1:07 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

So hopefully it'll be there soon. So long as it gets there though, that's the main thing

A Christmas present I ordered shipped on Dec 4th, Michigan to New York. Last update I had was on the 8th, In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

Oddly enough I shipped a box to my friend in Japan on Dec 4th. It cleared customs in Tokyo today :shrug:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Hey remember how one of the nice things about the XTB Stunticons was that they were super affordable compared to the other offerings?

:stare:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Can someone tell me what the hell is the appeal of Funko Pops

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

GD_American posted:

Affection for branding above quality. It's basically pure distilled consumerism - the advertisement worked.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

GD_American posted:

They're to trap people you want to accuse of gatekeeping who actually have taste.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

GD_American posted:

They're basically irl x-box achievements to show "I like [X franchise] for people with 0 personality.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

GD_American posted:

They're beanie babies for zoomers. Some of them sell for thousands.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Zephirus posted:

They're beanie babies for zoomers. Some of them sell for thousands.

Nah Beanie Babies were actually fairly good stuffed animals in their own right and not just as collectibles

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
On extremely rare occasions the Funko Pop is actually better than the "proper" toy, like with the Troll Hunters stuff. On other even rarer occasions they do something semi-cool, like the blank white Space Marine so you can paint your ow...

They just tricked nerds into doing the work for them :negative:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Arquinsiel posted:

They just tricked nerds into doing the work for them :negative:
Did you just realize that about funko pop or like games workshop?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Spiderdrake posted:

Did you just realize that about funko pop or like games workshop?
Funko Pop, becase you see it's a joke :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I remember reading that the origin of Funko Pops was that there was a growing market of vinyl figures, and then the big companies developed a stylized mass-production format for figures and crossed that with a lot of branded IP deals to take over the market.

I don't know if there's a particular reason Funko Pops took over instead of like Mighty Muggs or whatever. They're cheap little colorful statues that fulfill the nerd need for merchandise of the things they love, and for some people that can spiral into a bigger collection habit. They look kinda cute before you get tired of them.

And then reaction figures are that but instead of almost-cute, they're faux-retro with slightly more playability.