Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado, NJPW World Tag League/Best of Super Juniors Final, 11/12

Watched on mute cause of a Zoom call and it was already a MOTYC so can't wait to rewatch with sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs. Hiromu Takahashi - Best of the Super Juniors Final 12/11

Crazy loving match, I thought it was going to go off the rails early on after a botch but it recovered and just kept getting better and better. The moment where El Desperado got so angry he just tore the remains of his mask off and he and Hiromu started slapping the poo poo out of each other was absolutely loving incredible.

I agree

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs. Hiromu Takahashi - Best of the Super Juniors Final 12/11

Crazy loving match, I thought it was going to go off the rails early on after a botch but it recovered and just kept getting better and better. The moment where El Desperado got so angry he just tore the remains of his mask off and he and Hiromu started slapping the poo poo out of each other was absolutely loving incredible.

Absolutely Nth.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: OC vs. MJF on Dynamite

HMs from Best of the Super Juniors/World Tag League Night 16 on December 6 that I haven't posted yet:

Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
BUSHI vs. El Desperado
David Finlay & Juice Robinson vs. Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI

HM from Night 17 on December 11:

David FInlay & Juice Robinson vs. Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa - I know everyone is gushing about Despy and Hiromu, but don't overlook this one. The finish took it down a little bit for me, but it was still really well worked throughout and got me really invested.

I'm saving the BOSJ final for when the missus gets home.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

The moment where El Desperado got so angry he just tore the remains of his mask off and he and Hiromu started slapping the poo poo out of each other was absolutely loving incredible.

Nth.

I knew Desperado ruled but that moment was another level of awesome entirely.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

lost my fuckin poo poo for this match, nth

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Jawdropping nth. We’re so lucky to have these two.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Burn Down Canberra posted:

HM: El Desperado v SHO NJPW BOSJ 25.11

Really enjoying this tournament

2nd that

Despy loving rules, SHO rules.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs DOUKI NJPW BOSJ 29.11

Just two buddies trying to murder each other.

HM mention this but I do enjoy friends just trying to kill each other. Very Suzukigun

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

MOTYC: Suzume and Neko Haruna vs Sakisama and Mei Saint Michel. TJPW Wrestling Of My Mind 12/12/2020

one of the greatest pieces of in ring storytelling of all time, a true masterpiece.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

MOTYC: Suzume and Neko Haruna vs Sakisama and Mei Saint Michel. TJPW Wrestling Of My Mind 12/12/2020

one of the greatest pieces of in ring storytelling of all time, a true masterpiece.

nth.

adopt the cat Sakisama.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado, NJPW World Tag League/Best of Super Juniors Final, 11/12

Watched on mute cause of a Zoom call and it was already a MOTYC so can't wait to rewatch with sound

Yes agreed. The Mask spot was amazing and put this easily into 5 star territory

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Nth, a lot of emotions in that match.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

+1

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Nth.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Nth, the story of an elegant lady, a feral maid, and the cat that brought them together.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
HM: A-Kid vs Tyler Bate - NXT UK 10/12/20

I'm not a huge fan of A-Kid but this was a great mentor v protégé match.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

ItohRespectArmy posted:

HM for me, a well executed comedy match with a great concept.

I MOTYC a Lulu Pencil and a Hyper Misao match, but this is western Joshi fan meme/comedy wrestling over-praise.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
22nd November
Pro Wrestling NOAH The Chronicle Vol.4
GHC Heavyweight Title
Go Shiozaki vs Katsuhiko Nakajima

loving hell

J-Ro posted:

2nd to both, and:

MOTYC:
6th December
Pro Wrestling NOAH Final Chronicle 2020
GHC Heavyweight Championship
Go Shiozaki vs Takashi Sugiura

Jerusalem posted:

Watched all of these matches today and agree with the nominations

Go Shiozaki is the WOTY.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Laredo Boy & Laredo Kid vs. Octagon Jr. & Octagoncito, Autoluchas Episode 6, November 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJIn9Hr6mLs&t=2940s

A very fun match to watch ahead of tonight's TripleMania. Laredo Kid is a really underrated luchador.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Unnecessary Nth on the Desperado/Hiromu and also

DDT D-Oh Grand Prix December 12th
MOTYC

Konosuke Takeshita vs HARASHIMA

HM
MAO vs Chris Brookes
Shunma Katsumata vs Takao Soma
Jun Akiyama vs Yuki Ueno
Tetsuya Endo vs Makoto Oishi

DDT is great, everyone watch it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

I'm such a sucker for these types of matches, and the end had me really going OH poo poo (Even if I got spoiled on it beforehand). Hands down my favorite flippy boys match of the year, I'll probably remember this match for a long time

fez_machine posted:

HM for me, a well executed comedy match with a great concept.

I MOTYC a Lulu Pencil and a Hyper Misao match, but this is western Joshi fan meme/comedy wrestling over-praise.
Long time DDT fan and yeah it's just a meme-vote imo. There's been enough legitimately "Go out of your way to watch this" TJPW matches this year that I don't feel the need to nth a funny 5 minute interaction and an average wrestling match

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Laredo Kid, AAA TripleMania, 12/12/2020

gently caress yeah dude

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress yeah dude

Nth 5+ stars

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress yeah dude

NTH. If I could give this more than one vote I would. 40 stars.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress yeah dude

Yeah agreed

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress yeah dude

NTH

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress yeah dude
Yeah, hell yeah. I've never gotten totally into Lucha but this was a hell of a match.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress yeah dude

This match summed up in an emoji: :suspense:

Nth.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress yeah dude

nth

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lumbermouth posted:

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress yeah dude

nth

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Does anyone know which individual had the most nominations in history ?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WMOTY: Pagano vs Chessman - AAA Triplemania So many dumb bumbs...

but also

MOTYC: Pagano vs Chessman AAA Triplemania - Hugo bladed and Truck bump were awesome even without a crowd

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Triplemania 28
HM: Kenny Omega vs Laredo Kid
MOTYC: Pagano vs Chessman

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MOTYC: Chessman vs Pagano - Hair vs Hair

This ruled holy poo poo, funniest match of the year.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Boco_T posted:

Triplemania 28
HM: Kenny Omega vs Laredo Kid
MOTYC: Pagano vs Chessman

agreed and this is one of the bravest posts to ever be posted in this thread

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
MOTYC: Pagano vs. Chessman, AAA TripleMania, 12/12/2020

this was the perfect match and main event for the dumbass year of 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

MOTYC: Pagano vs. Chessman, AAA TripleMania, 12/12/2020

this was the perfect match and main event for the dumbass year of 2020

Nth. Can I also Nth for WMOTYC as well?

Laughed like an idiot throughout this apparent blood feud match.