Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Whoa! An update! This all seems very cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Noice. I've only recently started playing on and off and I only just barely completed the first day. I'm not hooked yet, but a few of the things that were holding me back seem to be significantly addressed: controller support and hopefully-entirely-full voice acting mean I can lay in my bed and stare at the wall TV and not have to focus my eyeballs to read all the heady dialogue while my wireless mouse doesn't quite cut it. Plus all the double-clickin' was givin' me tendonitis.

I can wait 'til March and give it another go.

Also I've gotta let the Switch thread know if they haven't already heard.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

No Mods No Masters posted:

*Consumeristically* A little bit let down by the merch store. But I do want to see how hideous the thought cabinet shirt is in reality

If they're not selling gently caress THE WORLD and PISSF****T jackets they're missing a trick

e: it appears they're doing hoodies of one of them, at least. Notebook looks nice too.

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 11, 2020

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

early name for Sunday Friend, I'm pretty sure. iirc there's a line somewhere referring to him that uses "tomas." e: oh and sunday friend is voiced but doesn't appear on the list, so by process of elimination

anyway eeeeeeeeeeee more disco elysium. gonna find that cocaine skull

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Looking at that hi-rez pin of HDB's ID and drat he was handsome once. All booze really did a number on him.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

This fuckin' game.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

So... Cocaine Skull aside, what do people want out of the new and improved Disco?

I'm still hankering for a secret door connecting the bar directly to Evrart's office.

Or at least some poo poo to do in the harbor as you run through it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I want to find a missing cockatoo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

What happened to Detective Mullen!!

charms
Oct 14, 2012

The new area will be a room with twenty pillars mapping to the twenty skills, each bearing its own cocaine skull. You can take as many of these skulls as you want, and put them on any NPC in the game, transforming them into a unique skill/character amalgam that will follow you around, interject in the story, and assist you like Kim does. Each permutation of skill and character will have its own separate voice actor.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

charms posted:

The new area will be a room with twenty pillars mapping to the twenty skills, each bearing its own cocaine skull. You can take as many of these skulls as you want, and put them on any NPC in the game, transforming them into a unique skill/character amalgam that will follow you around, interject in the story, and assist you like Kim does. Each permutation of skill and character will have its own separate voice actor.

how many combinations is that

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

I want to know what is in the building by the ocean that looks like it should connect to the island!

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Claes Oldenburger posted:

I want to know what is in the building by the ocean that looks like it should connect to the island!

The deserter covers this. It's full of communard corpses.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
A fully voiced Kim is going to be great. His voice actor does a great job. Also already laughing at the idea of the guy who voiced Measurehead having to read out his entire dialogue tree lmao

Also I would like the nightly debriefs with Kim every time you hit a major story beat. That first one was really cool & good.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Dreylad posted:

A fully voiced Kim is going to be great. His voice actor does a great job. Also already laughing at the idea of the guy who voiced Measurehead having to read out his entire dialogue tree lmao

Also I would like the nightly debriefs with Kim every time you hit a major story beat. That first one was really cool & good.

Yeah when I got to later nights and we didn't have debriefs I was very bummed

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Xander77 posted:

So... Cocaine Skull aside, what do people want out of the new and improved Disco?

Add "Kim is the best" as a real graffito option

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dreylad posted:

I think you should get these even if you don't make story progress that day. Just have him get progressively more annoyed at you very blatantly ignoring the case each night you have a debrief where you didn't get anything done.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"We... helped some teenage delinquents today." He furrows his brow. "By evicting a woman from their burgeoning drug lab. I'm not sure how that will help us."
1. It seemed like a fun idea at the time.
2. No, no, it's a revolutionary action. Did you see how I converted Egg Head to my political philosophy?
3. *Everything* helps, Kim. Part of my entroponetic studies. It's all connected.
4. How else am I supposed to get my cop-fuel?!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I just picked this up since it was on sale instead of cyberpunk 2077 and holy poo poo how did I not know of it beforehand? I'm a complete wreck of a person who's failed every check and just tried to avoid paying my drinking bill by launching myself backwards, flipping the double bird (Why... both hands?!) and crashing into a wheelchaired lady. also my name is ridiculously long and pretentious, i've lost my badge, the corpse is still hanging up, my face is trapped in a terrible rictus grin of attempted seduction and I only have one shoe.

I've been playing for ten minutes.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

coolusername posted:

I just picked this up since it was on sale instead of cyberpunk 2077 and holy poo poo how did I not know of it beforehand? I'm a complete wreck of a person who's failed every check and just tried to avoid paying my drinking bill by launching myself backwards, flipping the double bird (Why... both hands?!) and crashing into a wheelchaired lady. also my name is ridiculously long and pretentious, i've lost my badge, the corpse is still hanging up, my face is trapped in a terrible rictus grin of attempted seduction and I only have one shoe.

yeah it fuckin rules

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

coolusername posted:

Because all of those are Very Cool, op

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

coolusername posted:

It's Disco, baby

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

sebzilla posted:

It's Disco, baby

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Xander77 posted:

I'm still hankering for a secret door connecting the bar directly to Evrart's office.

Or at least some poo poo to do in the harbor as you run through it.

Being able to instigate fistfights by researching the Litany of Contact Mike

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
As I stand here, bonding with this inanimate mailbox and encouraging it to man the gently caress up while my partner looks on in bewilderment, I can only say:

gently caress yeah, this game rules.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the contact mike story and how if you decide to get really invested in a sports storyline you can bring it up at any point and everyone feels obligated to humor you and consider it part of your personality really speaks to me

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

coolusername posted:

You should go get your other shoe.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

So I got myself out of that stuck skill check earlier by wondering around and talking to absolutely everyone and asking or talking about any followups since the last time I had talked to them. Actually pretty cool, love this game.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah, if you bring up something that gives you a bonus to the check like 'Aha, I did the sidequest to figure out you guys are involved in SPOILER!' it tends to reopen the check which is nice.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

coolusername posted:

I recently got it and this was my essential starting experience as well, I am now a a very self deprecating Communist HoboCop doing things for the Union to advance the case, who has inanimate objects talk to him frequently, up to and including the dead body in the tree. Which is now down and stuffed in a fridge for the time being so I can talk to it more, hopefully

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

wizardofloneliness posted:

You should go get your other shoe.

mr wizard is helping me find my shoe

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

how many combinations is that

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
So I picked it up on sale on Friday and basically shotgunned it through to the end yesterday. My summation is basically :stare: I believe I have just gotten stick-bugged. I wish I could have given Lena the photo, though and seen her reaction.

I played it a little too safe, I think, I didn’t really do anything crazy and just played as a normal communism cop. I might deep dive into Inland Empire and Shivers and be full doomsaying apocalypse harbinger cop next time.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

HellOnEarth posted:

So I picked it up on sale on Friday and basically shotgunned it through to the end yesterday. My summation is basically :stare: I believe I have just gotten stick-bugged. I wish I could have given Lena the photo, though and seen her reaction.

I played it a little too safe, I think, I didn’t really do anything crazy and just played as a normal communism cop. I might deep dive into Inland Empire and Shivers and be full doomsaying apocalypse harbinger cop next time.

You really need some Half Light and/or Electrochemistry in there.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

All cops should ill-advisedly flirt with every female they meet and take all the drugs, be the disaster cop you were born to be.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

All cops should ill-advisedly flirt with every female they meet and take all the drugs, be the disaster cop you were born to be.

post/av combo 5/5

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

I finished it last night too. Absolutely incredible game. Problem is I was so enthralled by the last couple hours I kind of brute forced my way through and didn’t wrap up a lot of side quests. Main one being I left the two inch hole in the universe unexplored/explained. I’m assuming there was more to find because during the confrontation with your partner at the end I brought it up and rhetoric said “you didn’t find out anymore so there’s nothing else to say”

Ending spoilers- the final confrontation with Lillianovich and being interrupted by the phasmid nearly had me in tears. Can’t explain why, guess I was high and the music and everything, just overwhelming man. Oh and then the loving deloris dei scene :chefskiss: Yeah, game of the year forever.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
About two days in game time in, I legitimately broke down crying IRL a bit after back to back talking to the old anti-communist vet and his friend after inquiring about the meaning of the flowers from the hotel roof, followed by talking to the Dice maker about the curse and unlocking the lines about the nature of roleplaying games and why people play them

Everyone hypes up the disaster cop dark comedy stuff and its hilarious but the moments of this game's writing also shine through in these really poignant, poetic ways and its loving beautiful. Gaming narrative is down hill from here.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I'm on day three and I spent a legitimate 20 minutes sitting around thinking about the consequences of which choice to make and having actual debate with myself about helping Evrat get his hands on the fishing village vs fudging it and screwing him, which seems like an easy choice until you're talking with the NPCs about how the village has no future, the kids there having nothing, how they might be driven out but this also might be the one shot at making something better, etc., etc.

I'm going pretty hard in on empathy and inland empire with a side of conceptualization so I'm pretty whacky but I've also managed to unlock some really touching dialogue trees.

Only time I've really savescummed was so I could 360 roundhouse kick Measurehead while screaming DISCO INFERNO despite having abysmal physical strength and no, I do not regret that. At all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

my final collection of thoughts at the end

I also internalized and then forgot White Mourning, Volumetric poo poo Compressor, and Wompty-Dompty Dom Centre