Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Tenik posted:

I'm having some trouble doing the AR 45 domain for the Crimson Witch artifacts, mostly because my DPS are pyro or electro. Can someone recommend a party that can take care of the slimes there?

Just do coop, that's what I do. You really need a water character to farm it effectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
(Separating this into another post since I don't want to make an even longer megapost by adding to the prior :words: I did.)

Ashenai posted:

Question for the lorefiends: any idea wtf Oceanid is talking about? When you confront her, this is what she says:

Voice of the Water: So, murderers from our homeland have come on a futile journey to harass the people of the Qingce waters... Very well then. But be warned, her power shall crush any miscreant that would dare pollute these waters.

I don't understand what she could possibly mean by "murderers from our homeland". Any ideas?

As for the murderers from our homeland thing, it's said that Oceanids are also travelers from another world bearing the fragments of a dead god. It seems that she believes humans are those murderers. Whether that's true who knows. Maybe someone else knows something about Osial or the Oceanids that explains what happened to wherever they settled before Osial was sealed? That might explain it if there is something like that. :shrug:

I should note however that the Oceanid's claim is kind of suspect since it's implied that the fragments of a god are not safe to hold. If they're similar to Delusions then they make you go a bit nuts given what we know of the Fatui and other characters. Delusions are basically cast off residue of an archon. And Archon's are using parts of something potentially far greater from Celestia that is implied to be very grisly in the theological sense. And there is some evidence to support this not a good thing for the sanity or health of anyone that gets too close to these fragments or residue.

Venti names several real world mythological creator gods that were in real world myth diced up into parts when describing Celestia and those that dwell there. The implication being that (if we take the rest of the lore we know of Celestia to heart) suggests that Archons are essentially using bits and pieces of a (likely mad, if the lore is anything to go by) creator god that may or may not be either Kiana/the Unknown Goddess, a hitherto unknown being, or the local equivalent AU equivalent of the Honkai Entity itself. Given what we know of the delusions and how insanely corrosive to sanity and health that gnosis are, it seems likely that it's the Honkai Entity. Ditto for it being evil if so, since that semi-hidden chapter of the Shattered Halberd along with several other books keep discussing a mad creator god and insane celestial emperor.

Incidentally, if correct this also means that the Tsaritsa trying to gather so many gnosis' is a very bad thing that will lead to very bad results.

To give an idea of what the fragments of the Honkai God/whatever god in Genshin is if it's a third party outside of the local Honkai equivalent just look at what the mere residue of an Archon (Itself derivative of a greater power from celestia.) did to a person:

quote:

While Collei is not a Delusion user, the Archon residue experiments performed on her gave her a power that is easily mistaken for a Delusion's, suggesting they may be linked. Following the Black Fire incident, Collei's fire was described as having a "great hunger for anything living," and those that touched its flames were "devoured" and all that remained of them were "charred remains

By great hunger it's meant that she almost went full Herrsher and incinerated Monstadt in a fit of insane rage over what was done to her. Which is...very in line with how Herrsher's can get started in Honkai Impact. It's literally how the HI equivalent of the Unknown Goddess from Genshin's intro came to be, in fact! Continuing the comparisons, she literally both had hallucinations of burning everything alive and actually did it to some people before the residue was extracted. Which is behavior that is evidence of a major Honkai infection in HI3.

So yeah, if the fragments of the Oceanid's god are related to Celestia or whatever Honkai equivalent exists in their alternate universe (assuming it isn't just superstition or misconception that they're travelers as well) then the Oceanid may be a bit crazy due to getting irradiated by the fragment of their god and is blaming humans for what happened to her people.

Alternatively, as mentioned her world might not have treated oceanids well. Or maybe they weren't treated well in the past in Teyvat. Just look at how the salt archon got hosed over to see how that could inspire resentment in the survivors. Or maybe it's as simple as Oceanid's just really loving hate land dwellers that pollute the waters. Who knows? At this time there's no way to confirm any of these specific possibilities.

Unfortunately there's not enough lore released to really make a definitive conclusion. But there is currently a fair bit of tangential evidence to suggest that she might not be acting with a clear mind, or possess motivations with an entirely honest origin.

EdIt: Almost forgot this last bit. If the Oceanids are related to Osial then that actually probably casts Rhodeia of Loch in at least an antagonistic role, if not a remarkably hypocritical one. Talking about how you're the poor victim when you immediately open up on someone with murderous water mimics that can drop freaking water explosions on people when they die, trying to sink the platforms the person is on so that they drown to death, etc, etc, are not defensive actions. And all of this happens despite Osial literally trying to Kaiju Li Yue to death immediately upon awakening.

If that's the case she's just justifying murder with a claim of self defense. However, ultimately this is speculation since I can't find enough released data to say whether that's true. Take it with a grain of salt. Maybe Dragon Spine or Inazuma will shed more light on the issue? Some folks on reddit say that Oceanids may have traveled across the ocean to Li Yue. So that would mean that maybe Inazuma will shed more light on them, assuming that another continent isn't out there.

Alternatively, it's possible that the Oceanid is just a giant rear end in a top hat with a victim complex. According to reddit one interpretation of Little Nine's story is that the Oceanid summoned up a flood to drown her and her village for daring to get too close to where she was staying. There's a secret ending to that quest that suggests this according to reddit. Unfortunately since the ending is unmarked and you won't think to not follow the instructions to look around the river you won't realize this (and probably unlock the book involved too, I guess?). Chang the Ninth might have also been a survivor of that, depending on how you read the quest/story.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 12, 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

jesus christ

not worth investing probably since Kaeya is my DPS main :v: just give me geodaddy to bench

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Thanks for all the :words: Archonex, I'm still super confused but it was interesting reading!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Ashenai posted:

Thanks for all the :words: Archonex, I'm still super confused but it was interesting reading!

What part of the lore are you confused about? I am ready with an over abundance of :words: to assist if possible.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
It's not anything specific that I don't get, it's just that there are a lot of pieces to this puzzle and it doesn't feel like they fit together neatly yet. That's probably deliberate though, since we're still very early in the Teyvat storyline.

Also, in some ingame conversations I got the vague impression that the Traveller knows more than he/she is saying. But again, no smoking gun.

Something else, though: the Oceanid looks a lot like the Seelies. Is that just a coincidence, or does it mean something?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Tenik posted:

I'm having some trouble doing the AR 45 domain for the Crimson Witch artifacts, mostly because my DPS are pyro or electro. Can someone recommend a party that can take care of the slimes there?

I just hit 45 and did it fairly comfortably with Diluc, Chongyun, Barbara and Zhongli.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Ruffian Price posted:

jesus christ

not worth investing probably since Kaeya is my DPS main :v: just give me geodaddy to bench

Chongyun greatly benefits from his first constellation so that's a great pull.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Ashenai posted:

It's not anything specific that I don't get, it's just that there are a lot of pieces to this puzzle and it doesn't feel like they fit together neatly yet.

there's actually nothing that indicates genshin and honkai are related beyond some wink-and-nudge references. most of what archonex writes is pure speculation made up from basically nothing. the hyperbole in their posts is actually downright amazing, they just make entire storylines up (see e.g. that post about alice from the other day).

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

awesmoe posted:

any random diluc constellation is more useful than any zhongli

Wrong, Diluc is boring and lame and he will only be getting leveled for the free wish

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can't imagine enjoying Diluc cons unless you're a whale/cursed person who has 4+ where they're actually notably good.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Ashenai posted:

It's not anything specific that I don't get, it's just that there are a lot of pieces to this puzzle and it doesn't feel like they fit together neatly yet. That's probably deliberate though, since we're still very early in the Teyvat storyline.

Also, in some ingame conversations I got the vague impression that the Traveller knows more than he/she is saying. But again, no smoking gun.

Something else, though: the Oceanid looks a lot like the Seelies. Is that just a coincidence, or does it mean something?

I've heard that. I'm not certain if they're related or not. Someone on reddit suggested that the Seelies were once a far different sort of people that basically taught humans to not be "savage" or something like that (The details are partially hidden behind a loading screen.). The fact that Oceanids are said to come from some other world and are only water associated suggests to me that they probably aren't. Someone else on reddit however says that Oceanids came from a place outside the Archon's sight. Which is word for word literally Khaen'riah (Of which Paimon herself may be the missing Archon of Time that used to be in charge of of according to a whole slew of hints. Check my other posts in this thread for info on that.).

I have an alternative theory however. I suspect that Paimon is a seelie. Not only is the word seelie used to refer to a fairy (That is part of a court in Scottish mythology.) Irish, English, Scottish, and Welsh mythology* but Paimon bears a resemblance to a seelie in some ways. In addition to that, there's talk of a spring fairy in Springvale that sounds like Paimon prior to meeting you. Which just lends more theory to the whole "Paimon is super sus." stuff. In this case she's literally known as a fairy which is the same as seelie in some myths.

In addition to that, the very first thing Paimon does in the game is lead you (in a manner reminiscent of Seelies no less) to civilization. Hell, if you take her constant prodding to go this way and that as manipulative then she's been doing it almost the entire game!

There's also evidence to suggest this theory is right to some degree even outside of Genshin. Y'see, this isn't the first time we've seen beings like Paimon. A similar thing exists in Honkai Impact 3. An artificial being (implied to be a robot in some cases) was created by humanity in an alternate timeline very close to HI3's timeline to fight the Honkai.

These tiny creatures won with overwhelming force and numbers, protecting humanity and offering it a future. Eventually they even managed to be get full rights as citizens and made lives for themselves both as protectors of mankind and as their own people. But since Honkai always adapts and comes back to match or exceed the current potential of humanity like some sort of hosed up Lensman-esque curse the next time it reappeared it completely tore the planet apart in a black hole shortly after re-emerging. This was the Herrsher of Earth (IE: Zhongli's probable equivalent. Who may not be using Earth so much as it is the alteration of gravity.)

Somehow, and likely because they weren't human, a few of these artificial beings were spared to make their own civilization in what was left of Earth (One of the human scientists basically just used the power of one of the defeated Herrsher to suck a very small chunk of Europe and her power into a singularity/pocket dimension. As she discovered afterwards there wasn't enough arable land to support farmland for a human populace to survive however.). Given the sheer amount of time that had passed this small colony of being's forgot their origins, and upon discovering how these beings came to be the scientist from HI3's world opted to delete the last known record of where they came from so they could live free of an altogether grim past.

The knowledge of how to create these beings would later be brought to HI3's timeline, presumably by that traveler from HI3's world.
What was their name in both worlds? E.L.F's. Which are normally considered to be another type of fairy by both myth and pop culture. Yet another reference to the seelie in Genshin.

And I should add that Paimon is absolutely designed exactly the same as those beings. She even flies along like her Honkai Impact 3 equivalents if you bug the game out to keep her summoned permanently while exploring the world. She even has hidden emotes and animations for it. :stare: Which suggests that maybe combat and support pets may one day be a thing.

So maybe seelie are just whatever's left of Teyvat's fantasy version of them in this timeline after the Unknown God or something else trashed them? They've been crippled to the point that they can't directly help humanity anymore but are still trying. It's a bit tragic, but kinda fits the somewhat tragic motifs going in a lot of the lore and quests. Of course this also opens the possibility of a pet system/fly along seelie later on in development if they want to go the way HI3 did with them.

Ironically if this is right then that means you've got an entire army of the little things trying to help you out and feed (heh) you materials for upgrading your characters. Emergency food indeed.

These theories aren't necessarily mutually exclusive however. Oceanid's may still be related to the seelies. It's just that Paimon has a lot more data suggesting that she is related to the seelies instead in the form of books, in game references, out of game references, mythological references (Boy does the game love these.), and more. For one potential example just read the story of the Water Fairy/Spring Fairy/whatever.

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Heart_of_Clear_Springs

I'm still not quite sure how you'd square up the implications of the oceanid's religious zealotry with the seelies of Genshin too. Ditto for the rabid hatred, unless there's a big twist there.
Though there's so little info on the Oceanid's that that might not be relevant. :shrug:

*A seelie is a court of fairies in scottish mythology. Which implies an organization. Notably there are also unseelie which are...less than pleasant in most myths. Wouldn't it be a twist if Paimon is one of them? She does have a lot of Unknown Goddess references, after all.

Edit: Also, the Traveler definitely knows way more than they're telling the people of Teyvat. Ditto for the Archons, Paimon, and even antagonists like the abyss order and Fatui. Teyvat is a world of conspiracies and secrets, it seems.

If you want evidence of this crack open the traveler's profile. It goes into what happened in the intro amongst a few other things that aren't mentioned elsewhere.

The details are the sort of thing you'd assume they'd want to be screaming to every Archon unless they were playing their hand close to their chest. Turns out the Unknown Goddess wasn't after them at all. She was going full HI3 on Teyvat and burning the entire planet to a crisp (Monstadt literally had nothing left alive in it.) when she noticed the travelers trying to bug the out to a less doomed alternative universe. At which point the Unknown Goddess made like the Herrsher of Void/Sirin in HI3 by trying to "stop the arrogation of mankind" through rendering some of the last known survivors (IE: The travelers.) extinct.

At that point from what I sort of recall it's heavily implied a massive time skip occurred (What are the events that happened around that coincide with the trailer that shows part of these events? I know a lot of stuff happened in the past but nothing to that degree of apocalyptic destruction.) either via time travel or the UG's spatial distorting abilities.

Couple this with the fact that the travelers may just be an AU form of the ark (quite likely unless it's a red herring) and are probably ageless or near immortal and it seems like at least one of them may have taken the long way around to the game's current storyline.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 12, 2020

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Worth noting that flyalong seelie pets are a thing in the upcoming patch, they were revealed in the stream.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

John Lee posted:

Worth noting that flyalong seelie pets are a thing in the upcoming patch, they were revealed in the stream.

Oh poo poo. Looks like my lore nerdery and investigations revealed something neat then. I wonder when we'll be able to bring out Paimon?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Osmosisch posted:

T he 80-second timer is down to 50 once I've loaded in from the teleport. On PS4 as mentioned.

Archonex posted:

That's definitely different from what I saw. Maybe I accidentally cheesed it? Or maybe something about how the PS4 works on the back end means that the timer doesn't stop due to loading. I know there's lots of bugs that can occur if you DC or have lag at the right point.

It does this, I'm on PS5 and it would burn 15 seconds off the clock or more while I was teleporting. It also runs while you are opening the map and selecting the teleport location. I couldn't figure out why people were saying the last one wasn't next to GD impossible this way. I guess they are all doable with the portable waypoint.

It did this for the timed meteor clears in falling stars too. If you went to your menu to eat food or something on the PS4 Pro you had to take the inventory menu option off the implemented radial wheel, miss that 3-4 times because your thumb moved .0001 picometer up or down, tab to your food page taking up to 10 seconds for each tab depending on how busy it was drawing flowers and cat assholes. THEN you could start looking for your food with no favoriting or cursor memory to help you. IF the food had loaded in. Meanwhile the timer is running the whole time even though everyone is frozen in place.

Loading someone else's world, which the game for absolutely no good reason decides needs to happen between every domain run just to make sure b-holes have the opportunity to pick your world's mushrooms near the noblesse oblige shrine, takes 70-90 seconds on the PS4 Pro. Loading into a domain takes 60-75. 12-15 seconds for each on the PS5. So if you are wondering why the Qiqi in your co-op party is standing around like an idiot at the domain entrance for 45 seconds it's because they're on the most advanced technical hardware they're able to order from Sony right now. I can't tell you how many times I've had the domain started while I was running up the steps. You're basically paying a 2 minute tax for every 3-5 minute clear of a domain if you have a PS4 user in your party.

I think this is more platform unfamiliarity than any sort of incompetence or malfeasance, it feels like a lot of stuff like aimed shots, the radial menu, zoning times, the speed of positioning Jean's aim with her elemental skill, that game where you run along the top of the wall in Monstadt, etc are all completely out of line with how PS4 controllers operate. The balance on aiming between speed/sensitivity and overshooting aggravates the hell out of me and wastes valuable time doing so in a game where time might as well be hit points. There's no point in my getting any bow user that depends on charged shot with no target lock, no snap, no aim assist, and tiny hitboxes. It would probably stand out more if the co-op in this game weren't designed in 45 minutes by 2 abyssal demons and a dead toad.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
You get nice wings tho

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Oh, also if someone opens a domain invite shortly after you zone in on the PS4, or one is waiting for you, DO NOT TAKE IT. For God's sake do not take the domain invite unless you have been able to move around in that person's world for a few seconds. Even if you let it time down from 10 seconds to 1 it won't help. It won't accept and it will leave you outside the domain while the person running it sees they are still waiting on your response. Then you will have to ask them to reset typing letter by letter on your controller, they will say it shows them waiting on you, and you'll have to either convince them that's not true or just leave and not take the initial domain invite the next time.

Just let the first invite go, another one will come.

Conversely, if you are running a domain look to see that everyone is zoned in any moving around before you start things up, and please understand when you are zoning into the domain that on PC you're going to come in a good 30-45 seconds before anyone on a PS4. If it looks like someone is taking forever to accept your invite just exit and start it back up. I've never had a person leave the team while I was doing this.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

awesmoe posted:

You get nice wings tho

Yeah sorry if that seemed like a rant, I guess I think this is a beautiful game with a poorly-thought-out conversion to console. They've only been doing this a little while and I'm enjoying it more than enough to see if they eventually figure it out.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yesterday I got R2 on Sacrificial Sword, which is really nice since that sword benefits a lot from refinement due to the decrease in cooldown.

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, there's not really anything specific C0 Xinyan provides at the moment. Her shield is nothing special and is on a long cooldown. Her burst has incredible damage potential, but at the end of the day is just another damage burst. Finally, her Pyro application is lackluster without constellations.

What constellations does she ideally need to be really good? I have C1 on her and it seems at a glance like both C1 and C2 are pretty big deals (I think C2 is the one that makes her ult both crit and give a shield?).

Archonex posted:

In addition to that, there's talk of a spring fairy in Springvale that sounds like Paimon prior to meeting you.

No way is spring fairy Paimon, that old guy would not have fallen in love with a Paimon.

If you want to learn more about the spring fairy there's actually an in-game book about it (you might already know this, but you only mentioned the talk around Springvale).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 12, 2020

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Araganzar posted:

Yeah sorry if that seemed like a rant, I guess I think this is a beautiful game with a poorly-thought-out conversion to console. They've only been doing this a little while and I'm enjoying it more than enough to see if they eventually figure it out.

No no don’t get me wrong, that all sounds like home horse poo poo when on pc I’m sitting here finishing deliveries with 30 seconds to spare and gold starring glider challenges first go. It sounds like a really bad port. It’s kinda funny that they preemptively apologised for it with the wings

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

What constellations does she ideally need to be really good? I have C1 on her and it seems at a glance like both C1 and C2 are pretty big deals (I think C2 is the one that makes her ult both crit and give a shield?).

No way is spring fairy Paimon, that old guy would not have fallen in love with a Paimon.

If you want to learn more about the spring fairy there's actually an in-game book about it (you might already know this, but you only mentioned the talk around Springvale).

I actually linked one of them in that post. But yeah, the whole thing sounds a lot like what Paimon is doing. Especially the whole "gaining life from sharing the burdens blah blah blah" thing that linked book mentions.

Either way, given that many books are repeatedly hinted to have greater meaning than just being stories it seems relevant.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 12, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the game should really not exist on PS4/5 based on everything i've heard about it (even before this thread). if Sony wasn't so anal about their online/account stuff it could feasibly just tie into mihoyo's account system so you could at least swap to a playable version but, lol

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I like the problem solving to tackle the deliveries, but they could at least make sure that the marker stays visible on the map. Sometimes, they don't appear when you start the mission, so I have to restart.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

dogsicle posted:

the game should really not exist on PS4/5 based on everything i've heard about it (even before this thread). if Sony wasn't so anal about their online/account stuff it could feasibly just tie into mihoyo's account system so you could at least swap to a playable version but, lol

I didn't play it on my PS4 because I learned I'd have to make a whole-rear end new account. I DID play it with a PS4 controller though on my PC for a bit, but found the controls godawful.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

dogsicle posted:

Yeah I'm locked in at this point, being almost AR50. Sucks but between my options, console was the best choice for me. If it launched on the switch, I would have started there. :negative:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I enjoy it on the ps4 but I mostly play it as a sit back and relax for an hour with a podcast game. All the issues are definitely there and the clock ticking more for the slow load times is pretty annoying. Still cleared all the deliveries but with seconds to spare.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ugh! I dunno what to do with my team now.
I'm currently Tart/Ningguang/*/Bennet

I thinking Beidou for the third user, as I already have a level 80 prototype-type claymore

Against good sense, I rolled on Zhong's banner. I got a Chongyun. Thinking Ice > Electric, and reading the above comment and Chongyun's C1 (it does look sweet), I rolled again on the banner. Now I have a C0 Chongyun and a C0 Razor. Sheeeeeeeesh. Now I dunno what to use for a Third. I have enough characters to make a totally awesome second team (and third) team.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

UltraRed posted:

I thinking Beidou for the third user, as I already have a level 80 prototype-type claymore

Against good sense, I rolled on Zhong's banner. I got a Chongyun. Thinking Ice > Electric, and reading the above comment and Chongyun's C1 (it does look sweet), I rolled again on the banner. Now I have a C0 Chongyun and a C0 Razor. Sheeeeeeeesh. Now I dunno what to use for a Third. I have enough characters to make a totally awesome second team (and third) team.

Childe/Beidou is amazing and I run it all the time, do it, although Ningguang doesn't really fit in the comp anywhere in particular tbh, she wants to be a main DPS. I was running Childe/Beidou/Bennet/whatever (often sucrose but really you can put whatever here)

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

Nah, it's fine. There's some niggles and I do hope they figure some stuff out especially regarding loading times but overall I'm enjoying my time on PS4 and much as on pc. I mean, I like the game enough that I have cleared everything on pc and am almost done on playstation. It's actually tempting to make yet another account, the power arc they give you as you level through the game is just a masterclass, and exploring the world is a lot more fun when there's still goodies everywhere.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

UltraRed posted:

Chongyun is outstanding with Bennet, supposed to be great with a water user, it feels like you have 3 dps though. I could see swapping out DPS between Chongyun and Tart but I'm not sure how Ning figures into it. I would think you would want to set up an elemental combo or resonance with that slot.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
lol todays good hunter deliver is no running no gliding no climbing no damage no thanks

e: you...cant take a new delivery while you've got one going, and you cant cancel deliveries....

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 12, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
*sigh* geo users can't win. I have her since I've already invested her and catalyst to 80. My plan was have her be a secondary carry for when Childe is on cooldown. Maybe I'll play around with it more. If I have a claymore user, they kinda fit the roll she has.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Ytlaya posted:

C4 is ideal to unlock her most potential as DPS/sub-DPS, since it allows her to further increase physical damage. But C2 is great if you're going to use her mainly as support. The thing is, C4 makes her C2 even better.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

awesmoe posted:

lol todays good hunter deliver is no running no gliding no climbing no damage no thanks

e: you...cant take a new delivery while you've got one going, and you cant cancel deliveries....

No... climbing? What timezone are you in? I'm still on day 2.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

UltraRed posted:

No... climbing? What timezone are you in? I'm still on day 2.

im from the future

how i did day 3's ones (on pc)
good hunter: temp waypoint
wangshu inn: swim to the right of the mob with the mitachurls etc, recover stam on that island, swim to the guy. you can fast-swim, that doesnt count as sprinting. try not to habit-dash as you come out of the water, tho...
mao: start on the eastern waypoint, head north and bethesda down the rocks there, then kaeya across

Oceanbound posted:

The good hunter one is easy, just do a plunge attack after you walk off the cliff to take no damage.

good call do this instead

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 12, 2020

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Since I got trolled by Diluc this banner (seriously, I would've been happy with literally anyone else) I guess I'll put my eggs in the Albedo basket even though everyone is already calling him terrible. I don't give a gently caress give me the cool alchemy swordsman.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

awesmoe posted:

Yeah gently caress this one.

Also the marker doesn’t show on the map anymore for me because it’s bugged. I have to waste like 10 seconds opening the quest log.

gently caress.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

UltraRed posted:

*sigh* geo users can't win. I have her since I've already invested her and catalyst to 80. My plan was have her be a secondary carry for when Childe is on cooldown. Maybe I'll play around with it more. If I have a claymore user, they kinda fit the roll she has.

the big benefit to a geo main/carry is that you can take them into any domain or against any world boss and not blow yourself up like a moron. its an easy investment if you plan on eventually filling out multiple teams and will be farming a wide variety of domains. but there's also no point in trying to cram a specific character into Every Single Team since that's just going to limit your synergy options, imo.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
The good hunter one is easy, just do a plunge attack after you walk off the cliff to take no damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Araganzar posted:

Chongyun is outstanding with Bennet, supposed to be great with a water user, it feels like you have 3 dps though. I could see swapping out DPS between Chongyun and Tart but I'm not sure how Ning figures into it. I would think you would want to set up an elemental combo or resonance with that slot.

Wouldn’t tart be a good sub carry for Ning as main DPS? He does buff her left click. What’s the best team for tart?