Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the C-spam moderation good or bad?
This poll is closed.
Goku 31 14.76%
Goku 57 27.14%
Goku 73 34.76%
Goku 49 23.33%
Total: 156 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Redacted.

Cpt_Obvious has issued a correction as of 20:20 on Dec 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Filthy Hans posted:

if the OP, or any C-SPAM mod come to think of it, were at all responsive to this thread then ACAB would be a poll option

but it remains off the list

gently caress da mods

Son Goku says gently caress the police

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Filthy Hans posted:

if the OP, or any C-SPAM mod come to think of it, were at all responsive to this thread then ACAB would be a poll option

but it remains off the list

gently caress da mods

oh weird lookit that

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's me, I miss Lightning Knight. He was supportive of me when I was fighting D&D about being loving weird about rape earlier in the year. I also like the idea of a literal child moderating the forums, feels very anime to me, like that one kid on the superhero squad in One Punch Man or the White Kaibaranger.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Cpt_Obvious posted:

How about a poster who just got unbanned calling the entire forum (except FYAD) a bunch of unhinged psychos:

Robert de Niro voice: "yeah that's not funny, arthur"

but w/e if you guys enjoy that then go hog wild

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the real Something Awful is all the friends who got banned along the way. :unsmith:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My moderation opinion is that the Do Not Be Mean To Us rule is impossibly embarrassing and twoday should be demodded for coming up with it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

THS posted:

make me IK on the understanding that rules are enforced on an arbitrary basis and that i wont pretend im doing anything except settling scores and grudges

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Gaupo Guacho posted:

extremely normal and cool to have a bunch of forum grudges

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao just noticed this

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
not going to lie FYAD going from functionally dead to basically controlling the forums is kind of unexpected. You even get the attempts to rewrite history to make themselves the persecuted heroes.

it’s like watching a military Junta firm but for nonexistent power

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

ive always mostly lurked SA and refuse to give a poo poo about its history so all i know about fyad is 1. edgy kid subforum 2. some funny twitter (?) people used to post there?? also some nazis??? 3. if u say nazis used to post there a bunch of its regulars will show up to whine at you “thats not how it happened”

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

misadventurous posted:

ive always mostly lurked SA and refuse to give a poo poo about its history so all i know about fyad is 1. edgy kid subforum 2. some funny twitter (?) people used to post there?? also some nazis??? 3. if u say nazis used to post there a bunch of its regulars will show up to whine at you “thats not how it happened”

Wow to be honest it seems like you do give a poo poo but you're projecting this guise of ignorance in order to perpetuate some poo poo you know to be indefensible if stated plainly :thunk:

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

case in point

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to shove you in a locker

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

misadventurous posted:

case in point
this post looks so good on the awful app. av bowing respectfully after annihilating the opponent

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
But seriously it sucks how any attempt to talk about cspam moderation, even an obviously joking bird brained 'lol GOKU' one like this, has to endure a chorus of pathetic whiners arriving to sing a couple versus of Buuuut Fyad

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
annoying posters attract each other, it’s like the whiners who begged for more mods and now they whine about too many. it owns and I hope they are forced to continue makin qcs post 4ever

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Moderates are contemptible scum who will milquetoast us all into the grave thank for listening please download my podcast

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

annoying posters attract each other, it’s like the whiners who begged for more mods and now they whine about too many. it owns and I hope they are forced to continue makin qcs post 4ever

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Moderates are contemptible scum who will milquetoast us all into the grave thank for listening please download my podcast

hmm, ill listen to your podcast but I wont subscribe or review it

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

not going to lie FYAD going from functionally dead to basically controlling the forums is kind of unexpected. You even get the attempts to rewrite history to make themselves the persecuted heroes.

it’s like watching a military Junta firm but for nonexistent power

i'm way more amused that mel mudkiper is ingratiating himself to them, what a stellar combo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Probably Magic posted:

i'm way more amused that mel mudkiper is ingratiating himself to them, what a stellar combo

he’s been run out of every other forum might as well try

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Crane Fist posted:

My moderation opinion is that the Do Not Be Mean To Us rule is impossibly embarrassing and twoday should be demodded for coming up with it
Agreed. It's infantilizing, and effectively the rule has turned C-SPAM into an online gated community.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

lol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Go ahead, be mean to me, say what you want to say about how much of a worthless piece of poo poo I am and always will be. How ill never amount to poo poo because I dropped out of college and only got the few decent jobs I've ever gotten due to nepotism, you cannot hurt me with your words more than I hurt me with my words but for gently caress's sake stop posting stupid long images in threads at random. Tell me to loving kill myself, you have my permission.

When cspammers to into not-cspam forums and do cspam things, we eat probations. When fyad goes into not-fyad and do fyad things...nothing loving happens.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don’t believe your supposed to talk about that. this a moderation thread but certain topics are not even worth considering so this whole thread is functionally pointless.

Like most threads trying to solve moderation issues.

they just turn into how can we make things better without doing anything different

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'd be far more amenable to Arf's spamming if it was just that Hades smarxist burn over and over.

breadnsucc
Jun 1, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i think qcs should be combined with cspam, but with no mods at all

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

The only good "mod" is one that does a putsch of the web-site on my behalf

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

seize the means of posting

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Crane Fist posted:

an illuminated manuscript detailing the presage of twoday and his decree, and written in giant letters: "Thou Shalt Not Own Us"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

making general rules for specific problems because you can't/won't deal with it directly will never not be funny and sad

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

It is the worst and most pernicious kind of liberal idealism to think that the mods should not deal harshly with thread-saboteurs. We don't post in a perfect world, we post in a forum which is under siege by the enemies of the people.

As we speak, our enemies in QCS, FYAD, and D&D conspire to destroy the revolution, whether from without, or from within through subversion. We cannot allow liberal idealism to stay the hand of the mods from rooting out and striking down the enemies of the subforum.

To this end I propose the creation of a secret mod team, which will be constrained neither by the rules of the forum, nor the laws of the United $nakes of AmeriKKKa, nor even by common decency and morality. This secret mod team will act in shadow, striking fear into the hearts of the enemies of honest posters. Naturally I should be the head of this organization, as only I have not been infected by the perfidious liberalism that prevents all existing mods from taking adequate measures to protect the subforum.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
the rules in cspam are arbitrarily enforced by mods in part because the rules are archaic and vague

cspam should have better rules like this place

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

A Russian troll farm posted:

It is the worst and most pernicious kind of liberal idealism to think that the mods should not deal harshly with thread-saboteurs. We don't post in a perfect world, we post in a forum which is under siege by the enemies of the people.

As we speak, our enemies in QCS, FYAD, and D&D conspire to destroy the revolution, whether from without, or from within through subversion. We cannot allow liberal idealism to stay the hand of the mods from rooting out and striking down the enemies of the subforum.

To this end I propose the creation of a secret mod team, which will be constrained neither by the rules of the forum, nor the laws of the United $nakes of AmeriKKKa, nor even by common decency and morality. This secret mod team will act in shadow, striking fear into the hearts of the enemies of honest posters. Naturally I should be the head of this organization, as only I have not been infected by the perfidious liberalism that prevents all existing mods from taking adequate measures to protect the subforum.

See, if the arfjason pictures were as funny as this I wouldn't mind them so much.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
gee this forum I joined sure has a lot of real weirdos, lots of people saying insane stuff. you sure can mine a lot of comedy from em.

now to gawk at these weirdos for 15 years straight, until I am an old freak who is unbelievably emotionally invested in this lovely forum.

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

I tried posting in QCS about how the mods there need to crackdown on grudgeposting people spreading unhinged caricatures about different subforums and posters they don’t like as irredeemable, and predictably, it got buried in a sea of juvenile bile being hurled everywhere. Jeffrey of YOSPOS responded to me agreeing that toxic narratives which are allowed to fester is bad for the community as a whole before essentially saying the solution is more speech i.e. “Who cares?” Well, we’ve seen what happens to forums when crap like that it allowed to be repeated over and over again; people eventually start to believe them.

I’ve made some genuine critiques of c-spam moderation, too; namely how toxic idiots like Gaupo Gaucho and Grandpa Palpatine posting bizarre negative attention seeking and death threats are not at least banned from posting in c-spam — the latter is gone now, but frankly his bile lasted too long. The Greenwald thread had the same problem with people from other forums barging in to call Greenwald supporters right-wingers/fascist collaborators ad nauseam without anything being done. People are allowed to poo poo up threads with tall images with impunity, and six hour probes obviously don’t deter it.

From my understanding c-spam was supposed to be a leftist shitposting forum — emphasis on leftist — where you could discuss politics/current events without having to write long dissertations on different topics like in D&D. Start getting rid of trolls and negative attention seekers trying to turn threads into needless flame wars. Liberals have D&D, and right leaning people have GBS. FYAD has their own place for their stuff. It’s not to much to ask the c-spam mods to stop treating c-spam like some libertarian FREE_SPEECH zone where every kind of troll and grudgeposting against the subforum is allowed.

And QCS is toxic as hell and it’s a shame the mods there and Jeffrey don’t seem to give a poo poo about cracking down on obvious grudgeposting weirdos trying to turn the community against each other. At least this is my two cents on things.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

See, if the arfjason pictures were as funny as this I wouldn't mind them so much.

what zero pussy do to a mfer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

give me 5 minutes alone with arfjason and I'll deliver you a signed confession saying he masterminded the boston marathon bombing