Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

https://twitter.com/mad_pondo/status/1337808765379338242

"we"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

https://twitter.com/mad_pondo/status/1337811896502775810

Bet you feel stupid now Big Dave.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
#StandUpForWWE

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Is that actually the real Mad Man Pondo? In his replies, he has the following:
https://twitter.com/mad_pondo/status/1337815907968700419

But he doesn't look like the real Mad Man Pondo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wrestlers can definitely also be marks

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can kinda see that being the real guy, not least because if you were going to cosplay as a wrestler on Twitter I can't understand why you'd pick Pondo of all people.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
pondo is like a 30 year veteran at this point, he was wrestling before jericho

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Yeah he’s been around forever.

Well, I tell ya what, anything that ruins a promotions ratings and can put people on the streets, that’s all that counts! Pray for WWE and all other promotions pitted against each other.

What a loving take from that Twitter account. Sickening.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

ICR posted:

What a loving take from that Twitter account. Sickening.

Assuming it's really him, I think it's hysterical. An actual wrestler simping for a company he never wrestled in.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

For real, dude even appeared on an episode of Abram's UWF as a job guy.

Kidding on that you're Mad Man Pondo on Twitter is a weird choice.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that's not the real mad man pondo, lmfao

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah "15 year vet" probably means "takes one bump in a battle royal every other year when my local indy needs bodies to fill out the match".

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Also does not explain the use of “we” when referring to NXT/WWE.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
Watch how you talk on this app please

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
There's literally nothing for this person to gain from AEW losing viewers.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
In something like 2009, there was a gaming event called World Cyber Games where the fighting game chosen was Virtua Fighter 5. It was won by well known player called Fuudo (who is now more well known for Street Fighter). A few months later, there was someone on some random forum claiming that he was Fuudo, and that he was wanting to move into playing Call of Duty. This took in a lot of gullible fools until one of the US players who spends a lot of time in Japan and is friends with a lot of the players including Fuudo responded with "Interesting. I was with you last weekend. Where did we go and what did we do?". To the surprise of no-one, there was no answer to his question.

This feels similar. Some random guy picking some fairly well known name in certain circles and trying to claim that they are that person for whatever points they can score.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JT Smiley posted:

There's literally nothing for this person to gain from AEW losing viewers.

Could be a Mike Kurtz sock puppet and he needs that stock price to maintain.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I'm batista

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Could be a Mike Kurtz sock puppet and he needs that stock price to maintain.

Surely a true capitalist should be in favour of fair competition because it will drive innovation, and thus not wish to strangle or stifl-:roflolmao:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Big Dave posted:

I'm batista

Hi batista

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
my legal name is matt morgan, but I'm like 5'10" and had a much shorter wrestling career in quotation marks

maybe it's the same deal and Mad Man Pondo just happens to be the name his parents gave him

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
it's fun to picture a teacher calling attendance and having to read off "Stone Cold" Steve Austin because that's a kid's name

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Hoss Corncave posted:

This feels similar. Some random guy picking some fairly well known name in certain circles and trying to claim that they are that person for whatever points they can score.

People do this with some very niche people as well. Some dude had a twitch account pretending to be Ice Ribbon wrestler Kyuri who wasn't exactly a top card wrestler there (and for all of this year has been off, I think focusing on school?) and it went on for years before the promotion was like "this is fake: she doesn't even speak English that well". Not quite sure why you'd choose to impersonate an Ice Ribbon wrestler that's barely more than a rookie but oh well.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tanahashi is apparently a fascist because he feuded with Kenny Omega

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
hahahahaha thanks for bringing that one back

I don't doubt that person is making some stuff up (or at least exaggerating what they mean) but that's a perfect example of why I think its a good idea to be sceptical of people that are like "Japanese fans think xxx" since that's a very diverse group and the people that person has seen probably isn't a representative sample. Its also funny that someone read comments that I remember being "New Japan has the best wrestling style and Kenny doesn't so I'll beat him with New Japan's style" and apparently took it as secret evidence that Tanahashi was a secret fascist that hated all foreigners.

Who knows what his politics actually are: but historically the options in Japan has been to back the LDP or to not vote: there have been periods where an opposition party is strong enough to challenge but its very rare.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Fascists, notorious for their hatred of white people.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is Pondo's real account

https://twitter.com/MadmanPondo/status/823888810513600513

I have no idea who knockoff, 30 year old Pondo is

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cerebral Bore posted:

Fascists, notorious for their hatred of white people.

If they're the WWII Japanese kind, sure they are.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Defiance Industries posted:

If they're the WWII Japanese kind, sure they are.

Not really, no.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Imperial Japan, well known for not working with any white people, and also the horrible crimes they committed against white people

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Not really, no.

Yeah, the Uyoku are very anti-foreigner, including white people. I'm not sure how this is a difficult concept to understand.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The whole Imperial project that Japan was up to back in the day was to establish hegemony over east Asia and the Pacific Ocean in general. Insofar that they gave a poo poo about white people it was as rivals who needed to be pushed out of the way and not as inferiors to be subjugated and/or murdered.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That's nice. And the current breed of uyoku tend to be far-right fascists with a strong nationalistic bent - Japan for the Japanese, no gaijins welcome.

Any other lessons about Japan you'd like to impart to someone who is Japanese?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

What does this have to do with a guy projecting “your wrestling style lacks grace” as fascist rhetoric

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Working on a bullshit theory that Tanahashi showing off his abs before the match is a subtle nod to Yukio Mishima.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vagabundo posted:

That's nice. And the current breed of uyoku tend to be far-right fascists with a strong nationalistic bent - Japan for the Japanese, no gaijins welcome.

Any other lessons about Japan you'd like to impart to someone who is Japanese?

OK. So tell me more about the anti-white people hate crimes and oppression that such a burning hatred must surely lead to.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Can't you just hate fascists together instead of doing this?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Point being that if the modern-day Japanese fash hate white people then it seems to be a wussy as hell hatred when compared to actually discriminated against groups, and consequently the bad take earlier was real silly.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
We aren't allowed to post goon posts in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wussy as hell argument