Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Vigilant Gaze is everyone’s favorite Grandpa and surely will live to the end :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I was just wondering about our core cast, because someone really should have teleported them out of there when this kicked off. Just about everything going on would kill most of them and gently caress up the rest.

The ones with normie power levels should definitely get out of dodge at least. Unless their role is to get killed to power-up Allison or whatever :sigh:

The Thing You'll All Hate is that the entire protagonist crew is killed off and the last book is just Demiurge fights and flashbacks.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Cio’s mask being cracked and starting to crumble when Ali finds her would be some good pathos. Seeing her fade away and Nayve dying while the angels keep fighting make her hulk out and do something awesome.

Zaid continues to do fuckall

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Clo dying / getting deeply injured puts us potentially on a path toward learning more about devils, their agreements, and Zoss.

I'm just saying it might be narratively convenient.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I have enough faith in Operant to not jump directly to "bury your gays" as a prediction of where this is going next.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I didn’t think White Chain had a chance against SD until her royal against-the-odds apotheosis. The crew is going to be okay. Maybe they don’t get out of this unscathed, maybe they get split up, but I’m not betting against anyone’s survival.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

“The crew is going to die so Alison can hulk out and do something crazy” misses like the entire point of the last two years of comics.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

entire crew gonna die so allison can break the cycle of death alltogether

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Reminded of Maya's question to Allison: What do you think about death?

I think she's going to get to ask that again very soon, and get an answer this time.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

PMush Perfect posted:

I have enough faith in Operant to not jump directly to "bury your gays" as a prediction of where this is going next.

If the comic was going to pull that the time was back in Mammon's Dungeon Delve.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Cio survives and we know this because there's a note under one of the earlier comics about the Rising King's chronicler being famously prone to fabrication and bizarre interpretation/fanfiction, which troubles future historians greatly. So she has to live long enough to finish her book.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

YaketySass posted:

I pictured a more gradual process where after a while you're mostly worms.

We've seen the mechanics of what she does here-and-there in different forms. Most recently when she assembled a new body by spontaneously generating enough worms from the handful that survived the Sword Nuke. All she needs is one in somebody, because that seems to be all it takes to join them to The Mass. If she wants to appear, she just produces more Worms from the one already there in whomever's where she wants to be (which we've seen her do to dramatic, and explosive, effect)

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Maybe Cio will level up to a red devil?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Super Waffle posted:

Maybe Cio will level up to a red devil?

Cio is happy with who she is thank you. Maybe not with a lot of things, but she seems happy with her devil rank

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cio levels up to naked human lady. It's all the rage these days.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Cio is happy with who she is thank you. Maybe not with a lot of things, but she seems happy with her devil rank

She's happy with who she is, but she might be pushed into a corner where she has no choice but to ascend. Of course, we might just see Princess go green in a suitably badass way instead.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I know its a progression, but I'm not sure ideas like leveling up and ascending really apply as unilaterally as you think they do in this case

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

unless you level up into Himself manifesting I doubt it'll matter much here at the moment

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

unless you level up into Himself manifesting I doubt it'll matter much here at the moment

Might at least allow for a big, dramatic escape before poo poo starts seriously going down. Just a bit of extra muscle mass to carry injured friends/batter through obstacles would be useful, and I don't feel like we have a firm idea of what green devils can do that makes them more special than reds.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Maybe Princess can challenge Jagganoth to a drinking contest, I'd love to see all the Gog-Agogs burst into a drinking song.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

nimby posted:

Maybe Princess can challenge Jagganoth to a drinking contest, I'd love to see all the Gog-Agogs burst into a drinking song.

I didn't know how badly I needed this mental image, but that was EXACTLY the thing I needed to read this morning.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Bussamove posted:

“The crew is going to die so Alison can hulk out and do something crazy” misses like the entire point of the last two years of comics.

I'm just saying what I want to happen not what's likely. And this is kind of lovely to say without explaining it.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

There's been a build-up to demiurges needing to let go of power and embrace friendship communism instead.

Party dead + Hulk Allison isn't praxis.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TK-42-1 posted:

I'm just saying what I want to happen not what's likely. And this is kind of lovely to say without explaining it.

Did you miss Zoss telling Allison that going superhero and doing everything herself was dumb and stupid when instead she should be empowering others to succeed themselves?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
So this is why Alison will be wearing boots.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

TK-42-1 posted:

You are astoundingly bad at reading if you went through the entire past chapter and still need this explained but then again people in this thread still stroke their beards about the true meaning of royalty like it actually loving matters so you’re in good company.

The entire thesis of the previous chapter was that becoming an unassailable island of a person like Solomon doesn’t fix anything. Allison hulking out because she UNWILLINGLY was cut loose from the ties of community and companionship but still fundamentally wound up in the same place would be completely contradictory to the message of the comic.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

She’s going to lose friends, an arm and an eye and in order to suppress her grief she will transform into the Black Punchwoman and go on a demon and demiurge murderspree, only stopping when she reaches true inner peace with the 6 billionth kill. The end.

That’s how Guts solved all of his problems too.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
solved is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

bees x1000 posted:

She’s going to lose friends, an arm and an eye and in order to suppress her grief she will transform into the Black Punchwoman and go on a demon and demiurge murderspree, only stopping when she reaches true inner peace with the 6 billionth kill. The end.

That’s how Guts solved all of his problems too.

That was what Guts wanted to do, but he ended up accidentally creating a surrogate family and rekindling the flames of hope in his heart. Berserk hasn't been about a one-man revenge rampage for several decades now.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

that’s the joke, yes. allison going down the same path of rage and revenge would be dumb.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Captain Oblivious posted:

You are astoundingly bad at reading if you went through the entire past chapter and still need this explained but then again people in this thread still stroke their beards about the true meaning of royalty like it actually loving matters so you’re in good company.

The entire thesis of the previous chapter was that becoming an unassailable island of a person like Solomon doesn’t fix anything. Allison hulking out because she UNWILLINGLY was cut loose from the ties of community and companionship but still fundamentally wound up in the same place would be completely contradictory to the message of the comic.

That's besides TK-42-1's point. Bad things are currently happening in the comic, and it seems likely that bad things will continue to happen. Allison making a bad choice is one of those potential bad things.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 12, 2020

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

It would be boring to toss out characters that have just been undergoing interesting development and change at the beginning of a book.
If anyone's getting fridged it should be later in this volume, imo.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Killing a character doesn't remove them from this story.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

That's besides TK-42-1's point. Bad things are currently happening in the comic, and it seems likely that bad things will continue to happen. Allison making a bad choice is one of those potential bad things.

Thank you. I wrote out a bunch of responses and deleted them because they just felt whiny and ‘nu-uh i can read’. It’s not like I don’t understand what’s happening but watching Cio fade back into the void as her mask falls apart is the kind of thing that makes people forget what they’ve learned and act out, usually at a higher strength than normal. If she somehow hurt someone else in the process it’d be a point where she finally understands at a base level what she’s been learning and told by Zoss that could lead to a second apotheosis moment in the series but for the most innately powerful person in the universe. I just think it’d be a lot of pathos and kind of cool to see her unleash her raw unbridled power once before the end of the series where I assume there will be some sort of new paradigm regarding the keys and the power they hold.

I’m not making commentary on the series so far I’m just wildly speculating as to what could happen. It’s so up in the air right now with Jagganoth swinging his jaggahog around that I trust abbadon to finish up wonderfully.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TK-42-1 posted:

Jagganoth swinging his jaggahog around
Absolute poetry.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1339048082252689409?s=19

In which somebody is forgotten.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

earth earth earth

EARTH EARTH EARTH

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is the rare objectively good decision from allison

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

In which somebody is forgotten.
That jackass was a terrible - lay - anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It can't be this easy to leave, can it?