Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Foiled by autocorrect again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If you're gonna cast for the Fantastic Four why not use a successful foursome team of actors with proven chemistry?

They even come with a bonus Mole Man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

Anyone who has played a Vulcan can play Namor.

Richards, I have prepared my body in various ways for our battle.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Lobok posted:

If you're gonna cast for the Fantastic Four why not use a successful foursome team of actors with proven chemistry?

They even come with a bonus Mole Man.

Rickety Cricket as The Thing

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

FLAME ON, BITCHES! YEEEHAWWW!

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1337567323268505601

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only way Love and Thunder could be better if they cast Angela.

Anson Mount was wasted in Inhumans and from Disco, I think he would be a perfect Reed, even looks the part. Though he has his own Trek series now so he's not as open as he once was. Also my dream Doom is Michael Shannon. Fully armored up, just with the eyes showing, those crazy eyes.

The only requirement for Namor is having awesome abs. DDK is such a good choice though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Watching Captain America: The First Avenger for the first time since 2011 and I bust a gut at "You know what you're doing?" "Yeah. I've knocked out Adolf Hitler over 200 times."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

Only if the movie begins with an intro by Todd McFarlane.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I saw in some trailer analysis for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier that the woman wearing a mask with a red handprint on it is Flag-Smasher.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Anson Mount was wasted in Inhumans and from Disco, I think he would be a perfect Reed, even looks the part. Though he has his own Trek series now so he's not as open as he once was. Also my dream Doom is Michael Shannon. Fully armored up, just with the eyes showing, those crazy eyes.

I've never seen Inhumans, and I'm perfectly cool with pretending it never existed if everyone else is on board. Now I want Anson Mount for Reed too. Captain Pike was my favorite part of Discovery so far (haven't seen Season 3 yet), and my favorite fictional boss ever.

I would have hoped for Mads Mikkelsen for Dr. Doom, even though he was completely wasted as one of the MCU's most forgettable villains in Dr. Strange. (See also: Lee Pace in Guardians.) But I'd love to see Michael Shannon as someone else -- maybe Norman Osborn?

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Daniel Dae Kim as Namor is such perfect casting. Dude does unlikeable arrogant bastard so well, but can be stupid charming when necessary as well.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Who plays Galactus?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

Who plays Galactus?

Arnold.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Davros1 posted:

Who plays Galactus?

Dolph Lundgren

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

William Jackson Harper or Bill Hader for Reed

Real question is who plays Willie Lumpkin

Edit: or HERBIE???

Sumo fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 12, 2020

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Sumo posted:

Bill Hader has played so many "1950s/1960s" sorts of straight-men on SNL -- newsmen, dads, bosses -- that he could be a great fit, on top of his Professor Impossible resume.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Sumo posted:

Harper is insanely good casting, holy crap I want that now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

twistedmentat posted:

I would say what's the point of doing Angela when Hela used elements of both her and Gorr, but they're doing Gorr now, so...bring on Angela, I say.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Sumo posted:

Uh, I think you got your wires crossed when writing this post.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Cael posted:

Uh, I think you got your wires crossed when writing this post.

Lol

Screw it just make Janet HERBIE

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Now that we're on that track, Ted Danson wouldn't be a bad Reed at all

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dolph Lundgren

That's actually not bad

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

site posted:

That's actually not bad
Silver Surfer, but it's Warner Herzog

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

If they were planning on casting a little aged up for the FF I'd want Oded Fehr for Reed, he's got that gray going just right and everything.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oded is too handsome for that drab grey uniform discovery has him in

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Oded is too handsome for that drab grey uniform discovery has him in

Fashion sense of the far future kind of sucks.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Yeah but he's the closest I've ever come to trusting a Starfleet Admiral. Maybe there's treachery afoot but he's just so loving handsome I can't help but side with him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's how they got you with Jason isaacs :tinfoil:

Rhyno posted:

Fashion sense of the far future kind of sucks.

not wrong

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's also weird that they didn't force the Disco crew into future uniforms.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oded should always have been Kraven but he's too old now

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

rantmo posted:

Yeah but he's the closest I've ever come to trusting a Starfleet Admiral. Maybe there's treachery afoot but he's just so loving handsome I can't help but side with him.
Admiral Ross was mostly good

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

It's also weird that they didn't force the Disco crew into future uniforms.

Given the ridiculous measures taken to even make those dumb uniforms I doubt they’ll ever be replaced.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Given the ridiculous measures taken to even make those dumb uniforms I doubt they’ll ever be replaced.

Good point. Didn't rhe costume designer say he designed them just to irritate future cosplayers?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Good point. Didn't rhe costume designer say he designed them just to irritate future cosplayers?

That, plus the incredibly dumb “we have to make them out of this one particular fabric only made by a single company in Switzerland, even though it’s contributing to production delays” aspect.

Although lmao that they just re-dyed a bunch of them and removed the little Delta panels to make the Pike Enterprise uniforms last season.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

FlamingLiberal posted:

Admiral Ross was mostly good

Haven't gotten to him yet, I was a sporadic DS9 watcher for most of it's run but my wife and I are working our way through Trek right now. We're down to the last nine TNG episodes and I'm loving psyched to get to DS9 again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wonder Woman will now be available on digital on Christmas Day in Canada, but for $30 for a 48 hour rental.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does Warner own stock in Pirate Bay or something?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Ideal casting for Reed Richards is the quiet, intense seriousness of Timothy Olyphant.

Ideal casting for Johnny Storm, why it's the charming charisma and boysih good looks of Timothy Olyphant.

The idea casting for Ben Grimm? The rocky, perturbed countenance of our own Seth Bullock, Timothy Olyphant.

Susan Storm? You need some eye candy, and that's right, it's the incredibly sexy Timothy Olyphant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Aphrodite posted:

Wonder Woman will now be available on digital on Christmas Day in Canada, but for $30 for a 48 hour rental.

One of the best Christmas traditions is sitting around the tree, opening presents and then shelling out 30 bucks to own a fleeting moment of a terrible blockbuster.