Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

juggalo baby coffin posted:

why does the main scenario roulette make me feel like i have the flu every time i do it?

'cos they suck sandwiches and turning them into 4 mans should be a very high priority for 6.x

They can do the WoW method of making "mythics" if they want to have them be immediately relevant for the new level cap too, rather than XXX (Hard) down the road which is really just different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I finally unlocked Matoya’s Relict and queued up for it as a tank and got dumped into a 25 minute in progress group at the last boss, and apparently the previous tank rage quit after getting mocked the whole dungeon for sucking poo poo and had a meltdown.

We cleared the last boss first try no problem, but I missed out on a meltdown and have no idea what the other 3/4ths of the dungeon is like and that feels bad.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Iron Prince posted:

I finally unlocked Matoya’s Relict and queued up for it as a tank and got dumped into a 25 minute in progress group at the last boss, and apparently the previous tank rage quit after getting mocked the whole dungeon for sucking poo poo and had a meltdown.

We cleared the last boss first try no problem, but I missed out on a meltdown and have no idea what the other 3/4ths of the dungeon is like and that feels bad.

That bites, it really shouldn't let you be a replacement if it's your first time queueing.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I have a question that I should definitely know the answer to after 280+ levels across the tanking jobs. As the tank, should I move to help absorb stack markers? A lot of bosses cleave, and I have little confidence in my ability to remember which ones do and which ones don't, so it seems dangerous.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

guppy posted:

I have a question that I should definitely know the answer to after 280+ levels across the tanking jobs. As the tank, should I move to help absorb stack markers? A lot of bosses cleave, and I have little confidence in my ability to remember which ones do and which ones don't, so it seems dangerous.

They usually don't cleave at the same time, you should be fine.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 12, 2020

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Frida Call Me posted:

That bites, it really shouldn't let you be a replacement if it's your first time queueing.

I mean, if that was a concern for the OP, it was within their power to have turned off "Join Party in Progress" (or just not accepted the queue when it said 25 minutes elapsed), so... :shrug:

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 12, 2020

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Frida Call Me posted:

Story dungeons I now always run the first time through with trusts for that very reason.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Frida Call Me posted:

That's on the OP for clicking the option "Join party in progress" before queuing.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That's on the OP for clicking the option "Join party in progress" before queuing.

Yeah but I always have it on when I'm playing DPS, anything to help queue times.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

People are always talking about queue times being insane and then when I queue for the new dungeon as a solo DPS it takes 30 seconds at 4am.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
gently caress Giott got em a good laugh in the second role capstone!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so i tried hades extreme last night for the first time in a fresh practice group. we kept making it past phase 1 into the part where you catch the meteors and just immediately dying to that mechanic. i watched a video and it didnt seem like much damage was going out there if its done properly so im not sure what was going wrong. i was healing so i didnt have a tether myself. one of the dps kept saying to face all the tethers in the middle but it didnt seem like that was working.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

most common problem is dps is killing the tanks with the cones

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think thats why they were saying to face all the tethers towards the middle but it didnt seem to be working. is that a viable strat?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm pretty much caught up on story finally so looks my goal now is to get into clearing and farming extremes/savages but boy oh boy, gonna have to overcome a wee bit of anxiety. I've got all the ponies from ARR extremes, so I clearly can't be all bad.

I could also be filling my queue time with productive poo poo like crafting or gathering but instead I'm running around challenging everyone to cards to fill out my deck. priorities

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Dec 12, 2020

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Awesome! posted:

i think thats why they were saying to face all the tethers towards the middle but it didnt seem to be working. is that a viable strat?

uhhh, I've never done it like that to clear the fight. We usually aim the tethers kind of either behind or infront of the tanks towards the edges? So if you're near where the tank starts you wait for them to tank the first meteor and aim the cone towards where they were

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm pretty much caught up on story finally so looks my goal now is to get into clearing and farming extremes/savages but boy oh boy, gonna have to overcome a wee bit of anxiety. I've got all the ponies from ARR extremes, so I clearly can't be all bad.

I could also be filling my queue time with productive poo poo like crafting or gathering but instead I'm running around challenging everyone to cards to fill out my deck. priorities

the sb extremes are all easy and fun unsynced. i just got my doggo nine tails yesterday.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Motherfucker, no wonder everyone wants to kill this imperial deserter in ala mihgo. He's using a "Whoops! All aces!" deck. Cheating rear end in a top hat

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

guppy posted:

In dungeons, the whole party stacking for those is almost always overkill (or underkill I guess). I prefer to stay put so that the boss doesn't spin, which is annoying for melee players.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im a good boy i always try to stack

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

In dungeons, the whole party stacking for those is almost always overkill (or underkill I guess). I prefer to stay put so that the boss doesn't spin, which is annoying for melee players.

only cowards refuse to spin the horse at maximum velocity

the best fight in the game is emerald weapon because it spins itself for you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Martman posted:

People are always talking about queue times being insane and then when I queue for the new dungeon as a solo DPS it takes 30 seconds at 4am.

Yeah, it's still patch week so of course the new content is active. It drops down between patches and with older content.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Awesome! posted:

You aim them at the first meteor on your side (north/south, never shoot through the middle)
the tanks will already be past that point when the tethers go off

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So... is it a lot to ask for Summoner to get a different weapon in 6.0 other than "book"?

Because I may want to start the inevitable Bozja next steps on SMN because that's pretty much my laptop go-to class, but... it's just a loving book, why not do GNB that has an actual cool looking weapon

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MechaX posted:

So... is it a lot to ask for Summoner to get a different weapon in 6.0 other than "book"?

Because I may want to start the inevitable Bozja next steps on SMN because that's pretty much my laptop go-to class, but... it's just a loving book, why not do GNB that has an actual cool looking weapon

There's no way they're going to give jobs alternate weapons.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

MechaX posted:

All jobs are pretty much defined by the weapon type in their mainhand. Every single pose/stance/animation SMN has is based on having a book open in their hand. There's probably zero chance that will ever change. WHM and BLM have wands for earlier levels, but the poses are the same. Staves are just really long wands, after all :v:.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Remember when mages could have shields in their offhand?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Yeah they can do it in Bozja :colbert:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah when bozja came out people were making memes about the wand/shield caster meta

but you cant block when you are actively casting so lol

Galaxies
Jan 22, 2020

White mages and Black mages getting shields with their 2h weapons would be cool aesthetically! Lemme wander around in full armor as a White mage with the Cane of the round/Shield of the round!

Galaxies fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 12, 2020

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

okay, since kobolds are in this patch's msq, I need someone else to confirm that I'm not insane: the squeaking noise they make is the same noise used for silithid in world of warcraft

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If you're tanking Matoya's Relict and don't make a macro for grabbing the final boss announcing pulled pork, I don't wanna talk to you.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

There's no way they're going to give jobs alternate weapons.

They gave warriors hammers. I know that's not what you mean, but they could easily give us a wider variety of weapon types that are functionally the same but graphically different.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

World War Mammories posted:

okay, since kobolds are in this patch's msq, I need someone else to confirm that I'm not insane: the squeaking noise they make is the same noise used for silithid in world of warcraft

I know exactly what you're talking about and I thought I was the only one.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Eox posted:

I know exactly what you're talking about and I thought I was the only one.

jesus christ thank you

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

They gave warriors hammers. I know that's not what you mean, but they could easily give us a wider variety of weapon types that are functionally the same but graphically different.

Also scythes. Monks got tonfa too

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Fister Roboto posted:

I mean, they've kind of done that with books. Some of them fold out or have candles on them or spinning gyroscopes or whatever. It would be fun if there was one that was just a straight-up big Allagan tomestone though. The equivalent of a tablet to the usual smart-phone-shaped ones.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

World War Mammories posted:

I did not sign up for this realization

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

I did not sign up for this realization

I hear it now too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

this fuels me