Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sankara posted:

Blocking every single company on Twitter will eventually get you some buckwild promoted tweets, which is amusing. Some random dude paid $15 to promote his 13 like tweet saying "sunday funday!!"

I'm starting to get a lot of cryptocurrency ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ariong posted:

The only other place I know of on the internet where stuff like this happens is, uh, well...

EDIT: I'm so glad Chip Cheezum and Voidburger were streaming the Game Awards so we could see Chip's reaction to the new Smash Bros. character.

https://twitch.tv/videos/832915145?t=1014s
Speaking of Chip content
https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/1337825137324945411/photo/1
I'm still bummed there can't be a thread with his LP of FF7R since it's really good

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

achillesforever6 posted:

Speaking of Chip content
https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/1337825137324945411/photo/1
I'm still bummed there can't be a thread with his LP of FF7R since it's really good

Why not? Lowtax is gone.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Not everyone who left SA has been chomping at the bit to come back, and that's okay.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Alacron posted:

Not everyone who left SA has been chomping at the bit to come back, and that's okay.
Yeah doesn't help that there are some places that are still poo poo on the site that aren't changing regardless that Lowtax has been kicked off

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Young people only remember wife-beater-Lowtax.

They don't know the old days when goons could hold their heads high in pride that the community was managed by Lowtax.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

I'm starting to get a lot of cryptocurrency ads.

Keep going friend. Soon you will be in the sunlit uplands of experimental lobster hatcheries and radio telescopes promoting their own tweets for some reason.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Katt posted:

the old days when goons could hold their heads high in pride that the community was managed by Lowtax.

lmao

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
when was the last time SA was relevant to the internet at large? the danganronpa translation?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

when was the last time SA was relevant to the internet at large? the danganronpa translation?

That and when fyad was closed last December

e: groverhaus will show up on Twitter at least once a month from non-goons, which is amusing to see

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 12, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

slenderman.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Smash Mouth Eat The Eggs maybe, not sure how relevant the danganronpa thing outside poo poo like getting interest on tumblr or 4chan.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah doesn't help that there are some places that are still poo poo on the site that aren't changing regardless that Lowtax has been kicked off

The internet critic thread isn't that bad

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

There is a LP thread, just not in this forum

https://www.lp.zone/t/im-desperately-trying-to-be-cool-while-saving-the-planet-in-final-fantasy-vii-remake/4006

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know the answer is 'no, never' but does anyone think any of the people mad at the gamespot fake gamer reviewer poo poo will actually try to walk it back now that it's clear if anything she was being nice?

https://twitter.com/inkydojikko/status/1337863938713645056

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

sexpig by night posted:

I know the answer is 'no, never' but does anyone think any of the people mad at the gamespot fake gamer reviewer poo poo will actually try to walk it back now that it's clear if anything she was being nice?

Since I hadn't heard of this person before, she's a reviewer for Gamespot that gave Cyberpunk 2077 a 7/10 which was one of the lower scores given to it by an actual publication but which turned out to be higher than the Metacritic user score average (currently 6.5/10). Since she's a woman who gave a super-hyped game a "low" score of course she was the target of a lot of harassment because this is hellworld.

EDIT: Since this is the Youtube thread, how about a review of the game from an "objective" performance perspective that highlights why many users might be slightly disappointed by it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pHpQqhmR4

Spoilers: it runs at 720p 30 FPS on the base PS4 with dips down to 15 FPS(!) in open world combat.

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 12, 2020

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

The internet critic thread isn't that bad
True :v:

I think it's mostly FYAD existing that puts people off

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

The guy who started this witch hunt still thinks he was 100% justified in leading a stalking and harassment campaign against a random woman cosplayer that led to him getting banned for life from all official Magic the Gathering events and media access channels nearly a decade after the fact now. They will never admit they were wrong even as Cyberpunk 2077 literally reveals new ways that it's utter garbage by the loving hour.

These people still think Donald Trump won the election last month, bigly, for gently caress's sake.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

God it's weird how other forums have progressed and how much I prefer SA lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sexpig by night posted:

nah, they are poo poo heads. i read and watced her review. i disagree with when it comes to her thoughts on tone and world building but thats just my personal feelings. she is right about the crafting and the UI. its good game, just needs a bunch of patches and poo poo. playing it on ps5 and it looks fine but i may just sit and wait for the upgrade and more patches. i do like the story and characters and the rawness of the game. hell it even made me uncomfortable in a way i wasn't expecting. i like that. but yeah gently caress the chuds, gently caress the weird stalker rear end in a top hat and all his dumbass friends.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

God it's weird how other forums have progressed and how much I prefer SA lol

The P'zone, sadly, was kind of cursed right out of the gate by having an utterly abysmal UI and forum software chosen for it. The second LP-focused off-site to come about because of Lowtax-related dipshittery, The LP Beach avoided that pitfall and went for a near-but-not-quite SA forums browsing experience and has fared slightly better in longevity than LP Zone has. With the notable caveats that it hasn't been around for not even 6 months yet, so it's still in its infancy, and what I really mean by "better longevity" is that it's been slightly easier for the non-big shots to find a consistent audience on Beach, whereas at the Zone, if you're not someone like Chip or VoidBurger, then your work is dead in the water.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

The P'zone, sadly, was kind of cursed right out of the gate by having an utterly abysmal UI and forum software chosen for it. The second LP-focused off-site to come about because of Lowtax-related dipshittery, The LP Beach avoided that pitfall and went for a near-but-not-quite SA forums browsing experience and has fared slightly better in longevity than LP Zone has. With the notable caveats that it hasn't been around for not even 6 months yet, so it's still in its infancy, and what I really mean by "better longevity" is that it's been slightly easier for the non-big shots to find a consistent audience on Beach, whereas at the Zone, if you're not someone like Chip or VoidBurger, then your work is dead in the water.

LP Beach is really reminding me of Gamefaq's UI

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

did jeremy hambeast at least play the game this time

reminder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh4-Qq0vP-s

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

In Praise of Shadows put out there second big video on the history of horror comics.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dabir posted:

did jeremy hambeast at least play the game this time

reminder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh4-Qq0vP-s

Jeremy doesn't have time to actually play games, he needs to dedicate every second of his life to screaming about Brie Larson. I wonder if his wife ever gets the feeling that she's the third wheel in a relationship between Jeremy and the phantasm that lives inside his brain that he thinks is Brie Larson? This dude has hella big Frollo Jerking Off To The Fireplace in The Hunchback of Notre Dame energy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The Quartering is loving married?!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

The Quartering is loving married?!

Allegedly, at least.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'So Marsha what does your husband do?'

'He locks himself in a room full of toys and screams about SJWs for like, hours at a time.'

How do you not put draino in his oatmeal at some point

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

'So Marsha what does your husband do?'

'He locks himself in a room full of toys and screams about SJWs for like, hours at a time.'

How do you not put draino in his oatmeal at some point

Thus far the only evidence of her that exists is a tweet Jeremy made a while back where he got mad that she went out to a dine-in pizza restaurant to get dinner by herself and left his hairy, sweaty rear end at home alone. Make your judgement calls however you like...

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

Thus far the only evidence of her that exists is a tweet Jeremy made a while back where he got mad that she went out to a dine-in pizza restaurant to get dinner by herself and left his hairy, sweaty rear end at home alone. Make your judgement calls however you like...

I'm surprised he didn't make a reference to pizzagate somehow

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Violet_Sky posted:

Hambly's not that clever.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Violet_Sky posted:

you know, the makes me wonder something whenever i hear about pizzagate. is Comet Ping Pong pizza's pizza any good?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I mean, it showed up on diners drive ins and dives with fieri back in 2010, and had pretty solid reviews pre the whole pizza gate thing, so probably.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just wanna highlight Shaun's amazing video on the bombing of Hiroshim and Nagasaki. Extremely in-depht look at the politics of the decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCRTgtpC-Go

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Bit late on this but Polygon has been running a charity stream all weekend and Brian David Gilbert is currently playing Hyrule Warriors while clown music plays

e: it just changed to baby rap

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ProZD and Erica Lindbeck with some good ol' waifu/husbando rating, for charity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KR9h84AUG0&hd=1

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just wanna highlight Shaun's amazing video on the bombing of Hiroshim and Nagasaki. Extremely in-depht look at the politics of the decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCRTgtpC-Go

Thanks for this, it's been so long since shaun's uploaded something to youtube that it didn't even show up on my recommended videos so I didn't know this existed.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Nuebot posted:

Thanks for this, it's been so long since shaun's uploaded something to youtube that it didn't even show up on my recommended videos so I didn't know this existed.

I just bookmarked the subscriptions page of youtube and use that to go to the site, so the first thing I see is my subbed channels videos in chronological order.

I kept finding it really weird that everyone was saying "hit the bell to be notified of a new video, because YouTube doesn't always tell my subscribers" because I rarely even look at the actual front page of youtube anymore.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

SpaceCommie posted:

I just bookmarked the subscriptions page of youtube and use that to go to the site, so the first thing I see is my subbed channels videos in chronological order.

I kept finding it really weird that everyone was saying "hit the bell to be notified of a new video, because YouTube doesn't always tell my subscribers" because I rarely even look at the actual front page of youtube anymore.

Same. The recommendations I get don't tend to be that bad, usually, but it's way more convenient to just see a list of the channels I want to see and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I thought that page was literally the point of subscribing.