Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

kimbo305 posted:

Well, presumably all the YT people are sane and just talking poo poo for clicks, and not mentally ill and not helped by his dad (who would show up to fights and try to beg the other side to take it easy on his son, who would definitely try to destroy the other side).

lol this dude deserves his BEST DAD IN THE WORLD mug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Declan MacManus posted:

i won’t get on a soapbox or anything but the ppv model was the only way that they could monetize at that scale at that time. nowadays you’d probably just have a specialized streaming service dedicated to it ala DAZN but instead the sport is sort of split between big marquee PPVs and whatever gets left for hbo and showtime

the sport doesn’t draw enough numbers for cbs or whoever to pay money AND block out time to try and sell ads for it; that plus the marquee fights taking place around 11 pm est means that it’s poisonous to network tv

basically boxing was dealt two deathblows: a pennywise pound foolish attitude towards big fights and the very public and visible degeneration of one of the most well known and beloved athletes of the 60s and 70s

You worded that better than I did

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Big day for boxing today

Obviously Joshua-Pulev is the fight, but there’s an ESPN card tonight where every fight is fun

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Yeah, I’m super pumped. Lots of great stuff on today v

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

omfg how is that a draw

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

https://twitter.com/DAZNBoxing/status/1337834692998033408?s=20

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
That dude does not look like he was just in a boxing match, he looks like he's out for a casual jog, so I'm guessing he won.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Brut posted:

That dude does not look like he was just in a boxing match, he looks like he's out for a casual jog, so I'm guessing he won.

He knocked a man down in an 8 round fight, but also it was a draw. 76-76

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

"The Sauce" is a great nickname

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Welp this is over

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
don't think I've seen Okolie before but he just absolutely brutalised a guy

e: who on earth made the decision to have these pundits talk with the live crowd in the background

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 12, 2020

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eddie Hearn here to stress how nice it is for the crowd to get to hear Freed From Desire and see a stand-in fighter get his brains broken

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Eddie Hearn here to stress how nice it is for the crowd to get to hear Freed From Desire and see a stand-in fighter get his brains broken

He’s a good lad who means well

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The crowd shots are nice I guess.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Pulevs music rules

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Pulev's walkout track is superb

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
those dreads are loving disgusting

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

What the gently caress waaws that speech joshua did on the screen before the fight

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

what the gently caress, joshua usually has cool walkout music. This is trash

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

How do you go from fela kuti to music for thumbs?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

tryhard, overdone, opponent isn't russian

10-8 pulev on the entrance round

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the FIGHT! STARTS! NOW!after these in-ring introductions

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ref should’ve just stopped that when he ran into the corner scared shitless

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Good lad AJ is doing well imo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
pulev's a oval office for that

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

pulev's got a solid chin

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

all I want is aj to get slept. pulev is a little mean, but I don't think he's gonna be the one.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Pulev's got nothing for AJ.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the only way Joshua loses this is if he rushes in and gets clipped

standing at range Pulev is nowhere near hitting him

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

all I want is aj to get slept. pulev is a little mean, but I don't think he's gonna be the one.

why?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Pulev is a loving dirty fighter

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

He knows he has to knock out AJ and he's going for it.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Julio Cruz posted:

Pulev is a loving dirty fighter

hes very crafty

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

How do you survive those uppercuts?

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

You don't heh.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I hate when a fighter goes out quietly so I have to give Pulev props for actually trying to win here

e: apparently my stream was a couple of minutes behind

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 13, 2020

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

That right hand to end it :vince:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Pulev likes eating uppercuts

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

well thats nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!