Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Humerus posted:

Man so I did all the Delamain quests:

I was really hoping I'd get a free cab to add to my car stable, and even dared to dream it would still have a personality and talk poo poo about your driving (I'm very bad with kbm). At least I thought I'd be able to get a cab to drive me places or something. I know at the end he sent some messages that imply more to come but I was hoping for more from the quest than just money (although it was a lot).

I got a car from it. What choice did you make at the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

20 hours in and only found the defender lmg, are there more types?

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar
Coming from the past in the thread to thank those goons for mocking that one dude into upgrading to windows10 since i was another Win7 holdout. Upgrading made this game go from barely breaking 30fps on low with big dips into the teens during combat to 45-60 fps on high settings. I5-4690k/1660 Super/24 gigs of ram for the curious. If you're getting poo poo performance like i was and are still on windows 7, try upgrading. Its free, I didn't spend anything.

Also katanas are the funnest poo poo in this game, doubly so now that its not a slideshow

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Pylons posted:

yeah I got the same as you

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

LifeSunDeath posted:

What does it mean when the countdown starts and it says "Revealing Position"??? Nothing seems to happen after the it finishes.

I believe that's an enemy Netrunner locating you as a response to you basically playing like a dick just chain hacking enemies while out of sight. Supposed to make it so you can't just sit back and clear out an entire base through the cameras completely uncontested, but it does seem to take a long time to trigger and the enemy AI often doesn't actually take advantage of it to then come to your position anyways. A lot of the combat AI is pretty janky

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

is there any height difference between the 2 different jump mods?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BillyC posted:

Also katanas are the funnest poo poo in this game, doubly so now that its not a slideshow

kill bill v best v

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Pylons posted:

Aw man! I didn't know you could get a car from it! :( what did you choose to get one?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Aw man! I didn't know you could get a car from it! :( what did you choose to get one?

I chose to merge all of his divergent personalities and he hosed off and left an apprehensive child AI in a car with me.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Been playing on my 2080ti and the game plays like a charm on raytracing high

I have been playing a corp netrunner type build, I have been doing alot of the side missions.

Quick question do shops unlock more powerful things as you level or is crafting the way to go?

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
re: delamain When the gently caress did yall get a choice?

edit: nvm i guess i haven't gotten to a second quest yet, just the first one after your car is damaged

Admiral Bosch fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 13, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Turin Turambar posted:

I remember reviewers saying the 'prologue' (in reality Act 1, the time before you have Silverhand in your head) is 5-6 hours. Well, that's if you ignore more of the content in the game, if you do the gigs and the combat areas, and use stealth, it's looking to be 20 hours. I'm 13 hours in.

Sometimes that it's bothering me it's how some skills level up. Or don't. The athletics skill, in special. While some other skills are already at level 7, athletics is still at level 1! I tried to sprint for 500 mts, I tried to do 50 jumps, I tried to beat a pair of guys with my fists, and nothing gave me xp.

From what I played of them though the gigs are just repetitive, shallow map checkbox procedures.

Which is fine but I don't really count it as quality playtime in a game like this. For reference I just hit the title card after 11 hours and felt like I was starting to stretch the open world content thin to hit that.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Humerus posted:

Man so I did all the Delamain quests:
So regarding Delamain and his headquarter... When you're in the control room, according to the map, behind the door where I suspect is his computer core, there's a room modelled. Will that door ever open under certain circumstances?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Turin Turambar posted:

I remember reviewers saying the 'prologue' (in reality Act 1, the time before you have Silverhand in your head) is 5-6 hours. Well, that's if you ignore more of the content in the game, if you do the gigs and the combat areas, and use stealth, it's looking to be 20 hours. I'm 13 hours in.

Sometimes that it's bothering me it's how some skills level up. Or don't. The athletics skill, in special. While some other skills are already at level 7, athletics is still at level 1! I tried to sprint for 500 mts, I tried to do 50 jumps, I tried to beat a pair of guys with my fists, and nothing gave me xp.

~3.1 full stamina bars will get you 20xp in Athletics. You can punch the air, dodge around, swing katanas, etc, and it'll eventually ding.

Guy on another forum left his game dodging into a wall overnight and came back to level 7 athletics so I'm kind of tempted to do that.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Turin Turambar posted:

Act 1 lasted me 6 hours. I did a bunch of stuff too, but it's p.limited. I dunno why you'd hang around in act 1 for so long, there's really no need to!

Combat Pretzel posted:

So regarding Delamain and his headquarter... When you're in the control room, according to the map, behind the door where I suspect is his computer core, there's a room modelled. Will that door ever open under certain circumstances?

Nope!

I think that quest represents what I dislike about the game.
There's no real choices, just smash it or have the right stat. That's it. Like no reason to do a second playthrough because it'd not be different sorta thing.

Can anyone tell me why I'm meant to know who Alt is? I'm kicking off at Keanu saying (mid act 2 spoiler) when were you going to tell me she was dead. I didn't even know she existed! Did I miss something??

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

d0grent posted:

is there any height difference between the 2 different jump mods?
Double jump goes higher. You can also double jump at the end of a drop from any height and save yourself from fall damage, it's OP.

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
Wish I had a recording of this. Ran into a back alley where a group of women sex workers were standing next to a pimp dressed in a full white suit with black dots and a shiny cane. The pimp was yelling at them, so I walked up and he backhand slapped one of the women, who fell to the ground crying.

One of the other women turned to me and said "This is the future".

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

psychoJ posted:

for anybody who might know, how feasible is it that the enemy AI can get patched into something not completely braindead later down the line? not a deal breaker but it is distracting during combat
Just fight more enemy hackers who will aggro from inside the next building over and hack you through walls.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
The random poo poo in the world sometimes just tell a loving story lol

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

LifeSunDeath posted:

Insurance will be like "meh, that will buffer right out" and give them 300 Eddies to cover it

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

does the game naturally get you to explore the entire city and outskirts thru the missions?
still haven't set foot in pacifica or the badlands

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

shrike82 posted:

does the game naturally get you to explore the entire city and outskirts thru the missions?
still haven't set foot in pacifica or the badlands

You will eventually get story missions that take you to those areas.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
This dude knows what's up:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

Where is the parking garage that holds your vehicles?

i dont think there is one you just hold v

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

The story being "those guys with yellow arrows will aggro if you stand near them then you can kill them with impunity"
Such a strange mechanic

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The definition of RPG is when you crank the 'skip the game' stat, you get to skip the game by cleverly raising the stat and using the obvious dialogue option.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Enemy AI in shooters should have been just copy pasted forever after FEAR 2 with no further development needed.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

fuf posted:

is there eventually a perk to hack people through obstacles / from behind cover?

maybe it would make it too easy but it's weird that you need line of sight - I have to keep popping out from behind the corner like a silly goose

also I really recommend avoiding the cyberware that slows down time when you get detected - one of the most annoying and distracting "time warp" effects I've seen in a game. I made the mistake of installing it and then had to do the whole Heist mission without being able to turn it off.

A legendary ping quickhack gives you a passive that lets you hack anything that is tagged or pinged through any kind of obstacle.

Also I really like that cyberware. Usually when it goes off I've just revealed myself at melee range to a group of enemies and during that time slowdown I tear through the entire group before they can react.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

So the conspiracy guy outside of Viktors is cohhcarnage from twitch right

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

I really wish this had a HUD toggle option, or at least more granular settings for everything. I don't want to stare at the yellow floating map marker the entire time!

It's definitely better with a lot of the current options turned off, but still feels weirdly limited. I'm hoping for a great mod like FriendlyHUD for Witcher 3 which did everything I could want, and nicely faded everything out of view when it wasn't relevant/until you toggled it back on again.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Is the cyberware that slows down time when you press a button as good as it sounds?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

So the conspiracy guy outside of Viktors is cohhcarnage from twitch right

Why does he keep giving me a quest icon? I wish he'd gently caress off.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a CDPR tradition

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Man a good Tech precision rifle + Ping is hilariously powerful.

You can clear out whole buildings by just camping down in a side room and shooting everyone in he head through the walls like it's Eraser.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Taear posted:

Why does he keep giving me a quest icon? I wish he'd gently caress off.
seriously. either give me quest xp or you're useless

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
gently caress i fusioned all the car AI into a super being

this totally is going to gently caress me over right.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So what is the supposed secret sixth stat? And how do you unlock it?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I think my next playthrough will be a nomad start that I will roleplay as Judge Dredd returning from the wilderness to bring law and order to Night City. Then I'll just cruise around on a motorcycle with the biggest revolver I can find judging criminals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So does Cyberpunk 2077 have a time limit or something? there is a really annoying screen distortion effect that won't go away, which I assume is related to the Relic destroying V's mind.