Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1337553508103548933

This real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

What does your heart tell you?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

You really think Sphincter Snake gives a gently caress about anything but himself?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I'm more just surprised that no one else posted in here before now, did I miss it?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

That Works posted:

I'm more just surprised that no one else posted in here before now, did I miss it?

Someone did but I think it got drowned out by other 2020 poo poo

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Someone did but I think it got drowned out by other 2020 poo poo

what do you mean? 2020 has been very normal and uneventful!

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1337845862450466819?s=19

Look in the background. All gas no brakes made it on stage, I am both looking forward to and dreading his next video.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/NDpendentPDX/status/1337882230996144128?s=19

Apparently the shooter was arrested, but who knows if they'll charge him.

https://twitter.com/Johnnthelefty/status/1337905006180139008

Pine Cone Jones fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 13, 2020

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Firefox has random articles it thinks I might want to read when I open a tab, which I mostly don't, but this one about Johnny Depp caught my attention:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/hes-radioactive-inside-johnny-depps-self-made-implosion?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Is he the Hollywood equivalent of Donald Trump where he has a cult of devout followers willing to defend him to the ends of the Earth in spite of the fact he's a piece of poo poo? Not saying Amber is an angel free of blame, but a UK court recently ruled "Yeah, you abused her at least 12 times".

I don't follow entertainment at all, I just remember seeing Amber Heard's claims of abuse met by "NUH-UH JOHNNY WOULDN'T DO THAT, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DID THE VIOLENCE" on social media, which seems to run counter to the "support women who have been abused, violence against women isn't cool" train (which is the right one to ride).

Sort of.

He is a piece of poo poo who probably abused Herd, but that was a two way street. They both are human garbage, but if I remember it correctly, I think she beat him a few times in a public setting which made the water murky so people were willing to bandwagon him. Once the court ruled against him everyone kinda shut up and backed away.

Yes. And if you weren't aware of him before, he is a massive shitheel who should be removed from congress.

On the other hand his lovely takes and general terribleness leads to this:

So its not all bad.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Genocide Tendency posted:

Sort of.

He is a piece of poo poo who probably abused Herd, but that was a two way street. They both are human garbage, but if I remember it correctly, I think she beat him a few times in a public setting which made the water murky so people were willing to bandwagon him. Once the court ruled against him everyone kinda shut up and backed away.
That said who was suing who? Also was it in a British court? Like I'm not trying to defend anyone, but English libel laws are the absolute drizzling shits and generally are not a good factor in determining truth...although either England fixed it a few years ago or Australia did (both were/are trash). Remember David Irving actually was able to go to trial there...he lost in the most glorious way ever, but something like that would be tossed in the US before trial itself.

That said if Depp was suing and he lost...in an English court...then that's different. Basically if you can prove you didn't under that system...you pretty much definitely didn't do it.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Yes. And if you weren't aware of him before, he is a massive shitheel who should be removed from congress.

On the other hand his lovely takes and general terribleness leads to this:

So its not all bad.
Pete Davidson basically got him elected (and yeah I know what he says in his special about he would have won anyway...but it didn't help). In fairness to Davidson the joke wasn't even that horrible and Crenshaw is a horrible person. But the fact is he got introduced to the public because of a one liner on SNL.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

That said who was suing who? Also was it in a British court? Like I'm not trying to defend anyone, but English libel laws are the absolute drizzling shits and generally are not a good factor in determining truth...although either England fixed it a few years ago or Australia did (both were/are trash). Remember David Irving actually was able to go to trial there...he lost in the most glorious way ever, but something like that would be tossed in the US before trial itself.

That said if Depp was suing and he lost...in an English court...then that's different. Basically if you can prove you didn't under that system...you pretty much definitely didn't do it.

I don't with any confidence remember the details of everything, but I think it started with a problem in Austrailia where they both got arrested for fighting in public while drunk. Then it spiraled into a divorce in like France or some poo poo, and eventually a defamation suit by Depp in England.

Its a spectacular train wreck.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm the last person to defend domestic abusers but the "it goes two ways" includes Amber throwing bottles of vodka at Depp and one of the resultant shards almost slicing off his thumb. To his credit he is also on record getting away from the situation to prevent himself from being violent (which as far as we can tell has happened).

The case that Depp lost was a libel case against The Sun, which is one of the big tabloids in England. So it's like suing the National Inquirer for them running a story about you beating your wife and losing.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Eej posted:

The case that Depp lost was a libel case against The Sun, which is one of the big tabloids in England. So it's like suing the National Inquirer for them running a story about you beating your wife and losing.

quote:

Mr Depp, 57, sued the paper after it claimed he assaulted his ex-wife Amber Heard, which he denies. The Sun said the article was accurate.

Judge Mr Justice Nicol said the Sun had proved what was in the article to be "substantially true".

He found 12 of the 14 alleged incidents of domestic violence had occurred.

Uhhhh

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yes, if you can't prove a tabloid wasn't making poo poo up then you probably really definitely did do it

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Former Partners of Depp reported his abuse in the past, so not sure why anyone defended him.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

bulletsponge13 posted:

Former Partners of Depp reported his abuse in the past, so not sure why anyone defended him.

For the same reason there are still ardent defenders of Michael Jackson who harangue and threaten anyone who dares besmirch a dead man. People are loving weird about celebrities and humanity was a mistake.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Too late to find the old post, but here are the trump judges that ruled against him so far:

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1337952126975225856?s=19

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Eej posted:

Yes, if you can't prove a tabloid wasn't making poo poo up then you probably really definitely did do it

It's REALLY hard to beat British libel laws. They're designed to protect people like Prince Andrew. The fact that they did not protect Depp in this case is shocking (and telling).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I thought british libel laws favored the plaintiff

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Pine Cone Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1337845862450466819?s=19

Look in the background. All gas no brakes made it on stage, I am both looking forward to and dreading his next video.

He's like an unknown Borat and I loving love it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1337955532506882052?s=20

Must be a lot of economic anxiety in that crowd

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
well you see blm stole their jobs and furthermore

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

GoGoGadget posted:

So people on Ramstein AFB woke up to the big voice saying "Air attack, missile attack, this is not an exercise, seek shelter" today. Apparently it wasnt an accident, but the missile launch was determined to be part of a training exercise. Anyone else have any other info? Like, did Russia launch a missile to gently caress around, or what?

https://apnews.com/article/politics-moscow-russia-0e699d8b69c881c9d96fb40943a8ee03

Ok, so it WAS a Russian missile launch. Four ICBMs with dummy warheads.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

My wife and I just got woken up by a series of loud booms here in DC. My first thought was that Uncle Vlad opened up the gift of canned sunshine, my second thought was that one of the Proud Boys who was in DC for yesterday’s cult rally decided to kick off the boogaloo by detonating a car bomb. After a few bewildering moments in which I wasn’t vaporized by a blast wave or deafened by a horde of sirens, I found out it was an old Holiday Inn getting demolished across the Potomac, several miles away in VA.

https://twitter.com/ArlingtonVaPD/status/1338107350746603526

No coffee for me today, thanks!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s a well‐executed implosion.

Shame about the terror it caused.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Aww, that thing was an ugly landmark for decades. Looks like they got it exactly right, though.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pantslesswithwolves posted:

My wife and I just got woken up by a series of loud booms here in DC. My first thought was that Uncle Vlad opened up the gift of canned sunshine, my second thought was that one of the Proud Boys who was in DC for yesterday’s cult rally decided to kick off the boogaloo by detonating a car bomb. After a few bewildering moments in which I wasn’t vaporized by a blast wave or deafened by a horde of sirens, I found out it was an old Holiday Inn getting demolished across the Potomac, several miles away in VA.

https://twitter.com/ArlingtonVaPD/status/1338107350746603526

No coffee for me today, thanks!

pretty sure I've stayed at that holiday inn

RIP you crappy joint for a work conference

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/lindseyboylan/status/1338125549756182529?s=21

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
TBH, am 0% shocked about this. The hard talking NYer act has a lot of room for "comeonnnn, get over here and let me see those tittays. Yeah, you know you love it."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stealie72 posted:

TBH, am 0% shocked about this. The hard talking NYer act has a lot of room for "comeonnnn, get over here and let me see those tittays. Yeah, you know you love it."

:same:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

stealie72 posted:

Pretty much. Kinda figured it was a matter of time.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Shame the DNC had to eject the #metoo module in order to get Biden into office.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That said one could have picked a slightly better time to go forward then right before vaccine launch. I’m not saying she doesn’t have a right or anything like that, just this has complications beyond Cuomo. But oh well genie is out of the bottle already.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 13, 2020

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

MazelTovCocktail posted:

That said one could have picked a slightly better time to go forward then right before vaccine launch. I’m not saying she doesn’t have a right or anything like that, just this has complications beyond Cuomo. But oh well genie is out of the bottle already.

Noone is going to die if Cuomo isn't there to personally hold their hand and give them the vaccine. You need to re-examine your empathy for your fellow humans or something cause this is a pretty bad take.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 13, 2020

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Hope this knocks him out for AG.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
i'll have to wait for woke lib twitter to tell me whether i'm supposed to believe her or not. maybe she has a history of lying like biden's accuser!

gently caress those people, and this is not surprising and i hope he doesn't get a walk for this

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Stultus Maximus posted:

Hope this knocks him out for AG.

I was surprised to see him "in the running" for AG at all, considering Jones feels like such a shoe-in. I have to imagine at least some (if not all) the buzz came from Cuomo and his people lobbying for the job, similar to Rahm desperately angling for Transportation Secretary. (I hope they both get hosed)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lightpole posted:

Noone is going to die if Cuomo isn't there to personally hold their hand and give them the vaccine. You need to re-examine your empathy for your fellow humans or something cause this is a pretty bad take.

No, but he will do doing a lot of the heavy rollout stuff for it and the public face for encouraging people to get vaccinated in NYS. Look at this time, I just want as many people vaccinated as humanely possible. I personally despise Cuomo so trust me and even if I didn't I'm fine with him being MeToo'ed.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I was surprised to see him "in the running" for AG at all, considering Jones feels like such a shoe-in. I have to imagine at least some (if not all) the buzz came from Cuomo and his people lobbying for the job, similar to Rahm desperately angling for Transportation Secretary. (I hope they both get hosed)

Rahm? :lol:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Yeah there's been a bunch of stories about Rahm being considered for Transportation Secretary and how he'd be a good fit... which have mostly come out of Chicago media outlets with very non-specific language and/or zero sources that aren't very obviously Rahm himself. It's pretty transparent that Rahm wants some job, any job in the upcoming position (Cabinet level if he can get it, but I have the feeling he'll take pretty much anything that gets him in the building), and he does still have allies in the party. But his main character trait of "being a giant rear end in a top hat" hasn't endeared him to a lot of people, his tenure as Obama's Chief of Staff was both controversial and self-sabotaging, and that's before you get to his actual tenure as Mayor of Chicago the massive poo poo show that was. Considering how many people loathe him (especially progressives), I don't think there's much chance he'll actually end up with a job, and almost certainly not anything that requires Senate confirmation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Platystemon posted:

Shame about the terror it caused.

Saving these seven syllables for a haiku.