Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, Oath 1 GW Ork with Squiglauncha and one ammo runt for December

These guys are part of the Rukkatrukk Squigbuggy, but my kids think they're hilarious so I have mangetized them to be able to run around separately as well. Not convinced I can paint the whole buggy in the holidays, so I'll just commit to these two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for December 2020:

Dwarf king on Shieldbearer and 3 guards, Oathsworn Miniatures, 28mm
SLAMBO, GW, 28mm

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath the following for December:

Ten WH40K Chaos Cultists!

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 3 genestealers and 2 chaos sorcerers (GW) for December!

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of December, 15 minions from Hellboy In Mexico. (3 vampires, 3 ghosts, 3 giant bats, 3 conquistadors and 3 mounted conquistadors)

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for December:

Knight of Santiago CCW, 28mm, Corvus Belli.

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for December an Astraeus from GW (well, technically Forge World, but whatever).

This model is over 6lbs, a foot long, and I can't wait.

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, Oath 1 GW Ork with Squiglauncha and one ammo runt for December

These guys are part of the Rukkatrukk Squigbuggy, but my kids think they're hilarious so I have mangetized them to be able to run around separately as well. Not convinced I can paint the whole buggy in the holidays, so I'll just commit to these two.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for December 2020:

Dwarf king on Shieldbearer and 3 guards, Oathsworn Miniatures, 28mm
SLAMBO, GW, 28mm

Approved!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I The Moon Monster hereby oath to paint 1 Onitsukaji by Big Child Creatives for the month of December 2020

Scale is 75mm, I think.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For December I, Galaspar, oath to paint an Orlock Jetbike, a giant mutant rat, a Chaos Ogryn, and a Gellerpox brute

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath for the month of December:

A Citadel Dwarf Dragonslayer

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!!, Oath these Trollblood Northkin for December

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: October Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  Zark the Damned

Very movie-accurate color schemes, and some very convincing clumps of filth and rust. I can almost hear these droids complaining about their condition.

Second Place, 2 points:  ape!!!

These cycles are a great combination of bright, gaudy extreme-sports paint jobs and muck. The caked-on crud and wheels sinking into the mud really give these models a sense of action.

First Place, 3 points:  TotalHell

This is an excellent example of subtle weathering. The Imperial white scheme is a great backdrop for the windblown dust and dirt, layered on top of some excellent line work and nice gradient blends.

Bonus Point:  blue collar orc

These guys are delightfully spooky, with some nice deep shadows and glittery edges on the metal work. Nice weathering near the bases od the ghostly robes as well.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points:  TotalHell

This is an excellent example of subtle weathering. The Imperial white scheme is a great backdrop for the windblown dust and dirt, layered on top of some excellent line work and nice gradient blends.

Ahhhhhh thank you!!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:October judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Duct Tape

This trio reminds me of the robot from that old Judge Dredd movie. They're brown, but varied brown, which can be difficult to pull off convincingly.

Second place, 2 points: APE!!!

These are all pretty cool! They look like they're in a smaller scale, so that's a really good job. I especially like two rightmost bikes.

First place, 3 points: Koopa Kid

Nice colorscheme! I like the darks reds, combined with the desaturated blue. The eyes are great!

Bonus, 1 point: TotalHell

Nice weathering on this one, is suitable subtle.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Completed!

My take on SLAMBO! Resplendent in glossy purple armour adorned with a Chaos Glyph, fresh from the kill. Claiming Season's Beatings for the gory axes, and Daily Double for the shiny armour and freehand symbol. (April and March)

King Ranulf Firebeard, borne atop the mighty warshield of his clan by Old Hengus. Alongside stands Bjorn Drakeslayer, captain of the Stone Guard, horribly scarred by the flames of the drake he fought to earn his honour name, Bjorn never leaves his fully enclosed armour.

Kiril and Karil Bjornisson, aka the Thunder Twins. Inducted into the Stone Guard at an early age by their father Bjorn, the two have trained alongside each other since they were old enough to wield a hammer. The two operate with an uncanny precision, almost as one being, and have an unnerving habit of finishing each others sentences.

Claiming Stay a while and listen for the backstories.

Bonus group shot of all my Oathsworn Dwarfs together (minus the McFiggin Brewers).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, Oath these Trollblood Northkin for December

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath for the month of December:

A Citadel Dwarf Dragonslayer

The Moon Monster posted:

I The Moon Monster hereby oath to paint 1 Onitsukaji by Big Child Creatives for the month of December 2020

Scale is 75mm, I think.

Galaspar posted:

For December I, Galaspar, oath to paint an Orlock Jetbike, a giant mutant rat, a Chaos Ogryn, and a Gellerpox brute

Approved!

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Bonus Point:  blue collar orc

These guys are delightfully spooky, with some nice deep shadows and glittery edges on the metal work. Nice weathering near the bases od the ghostly robes as well.

Holy crap! This is awsome, thank you!

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

I, blue collar orc, oath a Harlequin goblin and some doors produced by an unknown company for December

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath one [UNSPECIFIED] Sidekick miniature from Bombshell Miniatures for December

Got it in a con bag and can't find it on their website.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Dire Wolf for December!

One WIzkids fig, will include Season's Beatings with some additional carnage...

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Oath Complete!

Wondering if I can claim A Faithful Replica due to matching the style of someone else's army for a Secret Santa?

edit: also Zark, you've got me with three points for Brock Samsonite's July judgement when I was 3rd place.

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 20, 2020

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Oath Addition for December, because the Astraeus wasn't enough: 1 Hexmark Destroyer and 1 Plasmancer, both from GW.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Addition for December, because the Astraeus wasn't enough: 1 Hexmark Destroyer and 1 Plasmancer, both from GW.

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 Dire Wolf for December!

One WIzkids fig, will include Season's Beatings with some additional carnage...

blue collar orc posted:

I, blue collar orc, oath a Harlequin goblin and some doors produced by an unknown company for December

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath one [UNSPECIFIED] Sidekick miniature from Bombshell Miniatures for December

Got it in a con bag and can't find it on their website.

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Cat Face Joe posted:

Oath Complete!

Wondering if I can claim A Faithful Replica due to matching the style of someone else's army for a Secret Santa?

edit: also Zark, you've got me with three points for Brock Samsonite's July judgement when I was 3rd place.

Faithful Replica is fine here. Also good spot with the judgements, apparently I'm an idiot and didn't realise they were the other way round to the other judges. This has been corrected now, thank you for your honesty!

---

Also November's Gallery is now up for people to double check - https://imgur.com/a/2yVo06o

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

OATH COMPLETE!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

I was gonna do a base but I slipped on some ice and messed up my wrist, so that will have to wait. Made getting pictures a bit of a pain but he basically stands up under his own power.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for December an Astraeus from GW (well, technically Forge World, but whatever).

This model is over 6lbs, a foot long, and I can't wait.

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Complete! This Astraeus was an absolute beast of a model to paint, but it got me in the mood to paint more Space Marine vehicles.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

These guys are going to in the Rukkatrukk Squigbuggy, but I magnetized them to stand alone because they're kind of great characters alone. Also I got a lightbox, so my photos are marginally better while I learn to use it!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

The Moon Monster posted:

Oath Complete

I was gonna do a base but I slipped on some ice and messed up my wrist, so that will have to wait. Made getting pictures a bit of a pain but he basically stands up under his own power.

Hope that heals quickly! Lovely work there.

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Oath Complete - Painted these for a friend based on his chosen color/base scheme

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Santa!

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

Oath complete!

Claiming Season's Beatings! for the blood smeared on the goblin`s sword

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

7 models more and I would have finished the Kickstarter within 2020.... So close!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath Complete! And I will claim Season's Beatings for the blood on the close combat weapons and bayonets.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Oath Complete!

1 Dire Wolf, and for Season's Beatings some remains of a recent kill:

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 1, 2021

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Season's Beatings for the bloody axe and severed dragon head.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

For Seasons Beatings there is a quite gratuitous level of gore on display.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Happy new year thread, I'm kicking off by finishing off a big project.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January, Count Vladimir Girescu, The Oni, Luchadore Hellboy and his three amigo's from Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic Games.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Happy New Year all! December is over! I will try get caught up over the weekend but for now:

quote:

January: Days of grey - Limit your palette to various shades of a single colour to create a monochrome masterpiece. Optionally add in a single accent colour ala Sin City.

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

I, blue collar orc, oath an altar, Count Zegrath, Cordelia (all from Loot Studios) and a female noble (from CastnPlay) for the month of January.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for January:

One Nosferatu I found in the bargain bin.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for January:

One Nosferatu I found in the bargain bin.

Ugleb posted:

Happy new year thread, I'm kicking off by finishing off a big project.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January, Count Vladimir Girescu, The Oni, Luchadore Hellboy and his three amigo's from Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic Games.

blue collar orc posted:

I, blue collar orc, oath an altar, Count Zegrath, Cordelia (all from Loot Studios) and a female noble (from CastnPlay) for the month of January.

Approved!

The spreadsheet should now be up to date so go double check I've not missed something - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DxpBUvOxMz9J_gzmw7Z_H9ar7Ja70LvuqhhhWMSAG2k/edit#gid=23

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath these 8 Reaper Bones Gravestones for January!

These seem like good candidates for some monochrome work, and they're pretty simple so I can knock out 8 of them pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:November judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: APE!!!

Nice and gross. I like that isn't painted in a "monster" color, since that adds to the creepyness.

Second place, 2 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Nice white, and they look very uniform. A good squad!

First place, 3 points: Duct Tape

Good black, reds, and metals, and the edge highlighting stands out where it should. Looks great!

Bonus, 1 point: Galaspar

Camo combined with a giant, colorful mohawk? YEAH!