Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Tender Bender posted:

Can multiple people on the island make snowmen? They only give large flakes to their creator. The game is normally good about stuff like this but it seems like we only get two snowballs per island still.

So I just logged in with my alt and they were able to get a diy from the snowman I made earlier. So I guess you can reap the benefits but not make a new dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Macaluso posted:

This loving game needs to stop giving me jocks. It also needs to stop having villagers that absolutely don't look like jocks be jocks. CURLY? A JOCK? GET loving REAL NINTENDO
I think it has more to do with the fact that there's no "normal" personality type for male villagers, so jock fills that roll. So you've got fluffy sheep and mad scientist pigs who are ALL ABOUT THOSE GAINS #MUSCLELIFE

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I found this helpful for making Snowboys if you need a visual guide. I didn't know about pathways, I might have to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjg68by7QTE

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Waffle! posted:

I found this helpful for making Snowboys if you need a visual guide. I didn't know about pathways, I might have to do that.
I started watching that and immediately got distracted by the fact that he has GCN-era tile patterns for slightly-curvy stone paths and now I have an urge to dig up and re-tile half my island

e: nintendo pls include an update to let you choose what footstep sound paths make, it kills me that custom designs sound like I'm walking on carpet

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 13, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

loving christ why are dung beetles so rare?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Reiley posted:

They can't all be Sterling.

sterling was my last of 50 tickets and i was bummed out that i didn't get audie or whoever

little did i know he's the best athletic villager

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Have you ever seen any of these islanders having a big poo poo?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

if you have a huge open area on your island you can catch a whole swarm. Like I caught five in one hour (make sure you do not have a snowboy made that day yet; I believe that stops their spawning)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

jackhunter64 posted:

Have you ever seen any of these islanders having a big poo poo?

Thankfully, no. But I hear they like to roll snowballs around.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Desperate Character posted:

if you have a huge open area on your island you can catch a whole swarm. Like I caught five in one hour (make sure you do not have a snowboy made that day yet; I believe that stops their spawning)

My snowballs are both sitting in a big, open area and I have found zero today I’ve played for maybe two hours total.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

My snowballs are both sitting in a big, open area and I have found zero today I’ve played for maybe two hours total.

Quit out and come back, I hosed up a snowboy and force-closed and when I came back in a dung beetle was the first thing I saw! Mighta just got lucky I guess

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

A dung beetle finally spawned!

I missed with my net and scared it away :negative:

Edit: I watched KK play and a beetle spawned after, and I caught it! Yay!

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 13, 2020

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Winter really do be freshen up da place

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Beautiful Island. Guess nobody wants Vivian. Animal Crossing has stopped being about casual gaming and more about failing your social relationships. :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I would have asked Vivian to move in, but no one on my Island is moving right now.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I’m pumped. I got Coco in two dodo trips and I love my soulless deadeye bunny

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Macaluso posted:

This loving game needs to stop giving me jocks. It also needs to stop having villagers that absolutely don't look like jocks be jocks. CURLY? A JOCK? GET loving REAL NINTENDO

There should really be more types in general. Like nerdy and goth.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Nessa posted:

There should really be more types in general. Like nerdy and goth.
I would like Chads

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'd like them to just change the personality types to be both genders, honestly. I remember turning down Fang on a Nook island because I already have a cranky grey wolf, but why is Fang cranky, just look at him, he's very clearly snooty. And quite a few of the lazy and jock villagers should be normal, and some of the peppy and sisterly ones should be jocks.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

It still baffles me to this day that Lucha the wrestle bird is not a jock.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Rhonda told me we might see the aurora on Cakewalk tonight, and she was right! Straight up at midnight.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Blaziken386 posted:

I started watching that and immediately got distracted by the fact that he has GCN-era tile patterns for slightly-curvy stone paths and now I have an urge to dig up and re-tile half my island

e: nintendo pls include an update to let you choose what footstep sound paths make, it kills me that custom designs sound like I'm walking on carpet

I noticed that too, as well as the home-made Wishing Tree. Great stuff.

Nintendo, I would pay so much for the OG soundtracks as DLC. I need my GameCube 1am music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bskJpsmSzQo

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

oh what the gently caress, snowboys give you a large snowflake once a day apparently.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Macaluso posted:

Moose just gets hilarious.

Being a southern hemisphere weirdo; once you get the hang of snowdudes you'll have more large snowflakes than you know what to do with. I think I still have mine.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

glassyalabolas posted:

oh what the gently caress, snowboys give you a large snowflake once a day apparently.

I talked to the snowboy I built the previous day. He didn't give me anything.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Prowler posted:

I talked to the snowboy I built the previous day. He didn't give me anything.

Only perfect Snowboys dole out daily goodness, so far as I understand it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
It's inventory cleanout day on Sharkfarts! Due to a contract dispute with Timmy and Tommy, Jimmy the Sharing Gnome has moved all the DIYs to the FreeBeach. Tons of DIYs, clothing, accessories, furniture, and other wonderful things have dumped unceremoniously on the sand for you to scavenge. Grab them before the crabs do! Anything remaining by the time I close will be gone in the morning, never to return, so get while the gettin's good.

The toy on offer today is the blue and pink mini circuit, but the boys also have a pink and red tricycle, a black vacuum cleaner, and an air conditioner, as well as unlimited red anthuriums and toy boxes.

Able's has bulldog jackets, Chesterfield coats, collarless coats, graduation gowns, holiday sweaters, parka undercoats, yodel sweaters, box-pleated skirts, comedian's pants, cropped pants, down skirts, festive-tree dresses, fleece PJs, full-length dresses with pearls, catcher's masks, headgear, ladder shades, and moooooore! Please place your custom designs on the back wall- delete whatever!

Baabara is making a rustic-stone wall.

In addition to stuff on the FreeBeach, take anything else you want! Hit rocks, eat fruit, catch bugs, flake it up!

I am only 500K away from finally paying off my stupid house, so tips are definitely appreciated, but messages on the message board are even better!

Am also looking for any of the following DIYs:

forest wall
autumn leaf fire
maple leaf stool
maple leaf wallpaper
maple leaf flooring

edit: I'll be mostly AFK, but I'll try to check in

Dodo Code: closed

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 13, 2020

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Dung beetles only have a chance to spawn on the two snowballs you get each day right? So once you make the snowboy, there is not a chance for them to spawn the rest of the day? Or can they spawn anywhere as long as you have the snowballs?

Seen differing info on this.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Dung beetles only have a chance to spawn on the two snowballs you get each day right? So once you make the snowboy, there is not a chance for them to spawn the rest of the day? Or can they spawn anywhere as long as you have the snowballs?

Seen differing info on this.

You need to leave the snowballs alone for a dung beetle. I would just wait until you catch one then make the snowfolk.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

It still baffles me to this day that Lucha the wrestle bird is not a jock.

Same. It’s funny how of you if give him a wrestling outfit, he’ll say it’s not his normal style to wear one.

Though in my head I just took it as he much prefers an El Santo style cape and speedo.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

I just built snowboys next to a path and if the snowball for head was too big I just rolled it on the path to shrink it a bit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Your northern winter wonderlands are so quaint now.

No, us folks down under never did manage to reconcile Santa Claus with it being scorching summer on Christmas, often good surfing weather.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
I can't seem to find a stringfish for the life of me. Top of mountain river and after 4pm right?

It has been days now of trying. Burning through 30+ fish bait a day. Come on now, it's my last fish 😭

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
You guys are amazing! I can pay off my house AND get extra storage! Thank you all so much, I hope you found something good to take home!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Geodude posted:

I can't seem to find a stringfish for the life of me. Top of mountain river and after 4pm right?

It has been days now of trying. Burning through 30+ fish bait a day. Come on now, it's my last fish 😭

I think they're a myth.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I demolished a large on my upper elevations and created like 7 rivers to get a stringfish. Still took forever.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Do you guys just not grind fishbait? Sure I dug up like 35 clams, but I got the Stringfish in about an hour

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
KK gave me a repeat record after asking "play me whatever!" Does that mean I have every song now? (I got the three secret ones forever ago.)

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Manuel Calavera posted:

KK gave me a repeat record after asking "play me whatever!" Does that mean I have every song now? (I got the three secret ones forever ago.)

Did you get KK Birthday yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Has anybody gotten all 8 colors of puppy dogs? I really want to catalogue them. I'll happily donate some bells or gold or whatever