Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Garrison still proving he is a murderous rear end in a top hat.

Eh, if you take medical advice from Zyklon Ben you deserve covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Garrison still proving he is a murderous rear end in a top hat.

Just you wait until his next comic about the final SCOTUS decision.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Christmas shopping for dad is easy: just come out as trans and be disowned by your father alongside any siblings that side with you. Bam, no need to worry about presents :eng101:

:smith:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haha, gently caress. :smith:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Christmas shopping for dad is easy: just come out as trans and be disowned by your father alongside any siblings that side with you. Bam, no need to worry about presents :eng101:

ok I'll give this a shot, I do hate Christmas shopping

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pants Donkey posted:

Manuel Calavera posted:

Haha, gently caress. :smith:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

Your dad sounds like he didn't deserve presents anyway.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

BonHair posted:

Your dad sounds like he didn't deserve presents anyway.
The Complete List of all the Stuff You Can Anonymously Ship Your Enemies

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pants Donkey posted:

Your dad sucks and he's the one missing out on something wonderful.

....also, it feels a little in appropriate to post this right now, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Sinfest Sunday! Lots of stuff happens, you won't understand what or why.

I know I say this every week, but it bares repeating: that house that's on fire belongs to the devil, those people fleeing from it are people who willingly decided to work for THE DEVIL. The tone the story seems to be going for is "both sides are equally bad", except one side (the side the devil is on) started and perpetuated all the problems and the other side is just reacting to this and pushing back against the damage (yet they're still depicted as violent criminals and zombies).

I dunno, maybe I'm just imagining things, maybe I'm reading this wrong or-oh? What's this? There are still two more comics from this week:

...nope, not imagining things. The moral of this entire storyline really is just "both sides bad".

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Oh no! Hot Lincoln just died and lost his...strippers wearing dog collars?

I get the general sentiment, which is trash, but the metaphors used are extremely poor.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That looks like way too much effort spent for how poo poo the "joke" is.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

This is the unironic best cartoon posted here in some time.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I know I say this every week, but it bares repeating: that house that's on fire belongs to the devil, those people fleeing from it are people who willingly decided to work for THE DEVIL.

I still don't understand what the devil's plan was.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They have no pupils, which I think means they’re sex robots?

Also interesting that their symbology for the right is...Q? Like, I dunno, maybe something a bit older like a Swastika or iron cross or whatever. Just lol at the loving Gadsen steppy snek as a symbol, or equating loving Qanon with black power. Like, I know “scratch a terf, bleed a fascist” but they better at appearing ostensibly left than this.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alhazred posted:

Best I can figure: To use the anthropomorphism of the year 2020 as a spokes model to advertise poo poo.

Everyone in universe hated this and thought it sucked, which is bad and makes them bad because of misogyny. Because the only reason anyone could possibly be mad about the year 2020 is because the year is a woman and no other reason.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Alhazred posted:

He was just using 2020 as an enslaved sponsor for his products, a plan that he would have abandoned like nine months ago when 2020 being a dumpster fire was already evident.

It’s a stupid plot that has people in the know not bothering to provide the clear evidence they have of foul play, and instead they just beat up the protestors who think 2020 is evil.

Sinfest this year is what happens when you think women can literally do no wrong, and therefore have to white knight your anthropomorphic avatar of 2020.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

...nope, not imagining things. The moral of this entire storyline really is just "both sides bad".

Oh gently caress you, Ishida.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

He was just using 2020 as an enslaved sponsor for his products, a plan that he would have abandoned like nine months ago when 2020 being a dumpster fire was already evident.

So...trying to stop him from doing this is bad?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Alhazred posted:

So...trying to stop him from doing this is bad?
It’s bad because the majority of people think 2020 is willingly doing this, when in reality she has been kept in a drugged state. As I said, the feminist characters do not bother showing the literal evidence they have of this, and instead just beats them up.

And yeah, it’s continually framed as bad to attack the man literally responsible for this, although I guess that’s because they’re attacking 2020 (who lives in the same place), but then that’s more reason to provide evidence for the devil’s wrongdoing.

It doesn’t help that these protests are a satire of this summer’s racial protests against police violence! Had a comic with a little old white lady bemoaning her shop being vandalized. Sinfest sucks!

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 13, 2020

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I hate Sinfest.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
He put the American flag and the LGBTQ flag on the opposite sides like you can't be both LGBTQ *and* American.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Ague Proof posted:

I hate Sinfest.

It's bad but to me it's too incomprehensible to hate.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

If we have to suffer through Sinfest no one is ever allowed to complain about British cartoons again.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

If we have to suffer through Sinfest no one is ever allowed to complain about British cartoons again.
People complain about british cartoons?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Wipfmetz posted:

I thought we got a lot of that? Might have dreamt it

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
I remember people calling their art crude and disgusting. That never registered as "complaints" to me, though.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
It's cool that in a story where God and the literal devil are both real, Christianity is shown as a symbol for the hard ultra right alongside Q and the Gadsden snake.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Wasn't Sinfest-God a pretty cool dude, chilling with chinese dragons and... .... stuff?

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 13, 2020

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

British Cartoons in general are superior in terms of artistic skill and ability to craft metaphors, though they occasionally rely too much on "two things happened". Most of them also have chronic tory brain, which makes their takes bad.

They're also British, so gross and vulgar.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

BonHair posted:

They're also British, so gross and vulgar.

okay but what about the comics

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Wipfmetz posted:

Wasn't Sinfest-God a pretty cool dude, chilling with chinese dragons and... .... stuff?

It depended. I recall him being cool at times, but also kinda petty and egotistical. When Buddha and the dragon interacted with him it was typically to knock him down a peg.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

It depended. I recall him being cool at times, but also kinda petty and egotistical. When Buddha and the dragon interacted with him it was typically to knock him down a peg.
Behold, an actual comprehensible SInfest storyline:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
So, is all the plot that people reference in Sinfest from back when it still had text in complete sentences, continued to the present through pure momentum, or are there current strips where any of this stuff, y'know... happens? Because I keep going from the explanations back to the strips, and back to the explanations, and being :confused: trying to connect the two.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Sin Fest... more like INFESTS (THIS THREAD!)!!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pants Donkey posted:

It’s bad because the majority of people think 2020 is willingly doing this, when in reality she has been kept in a drugged state. As I said, the feminist characters do not bother showing the literal evidence they have of this, and instead just beats them up.

And yeah, it’s continually framed as bad to attack the man literally responsible for this, although I guess that’s because they’re attacking 2020 (who lives in the same place), but then that’s more reason to provide evidence for the devil’s wrongdoing.

It doesn’t help that these protests are a satire of this summer’s racial protests against police violence! Had a comic with a little old white lady bemoaning her shop being vandalized. Sinfest sucks!

Not only do they present no evidence, they also made no attempt to rescue 2020. Heck, even when she did get out on her own they immediately lose track of her when she just sort of wanders away.

The only proactive people who've made an immediate and significant strike against the unjust status quo are the protesters. They story presents them as violent criminals who're targeting an innocent woman, but they have no knowledge that she's not actively collaborating with the devil and no reason to assume otherwise since she's currently serving as the public face of his company.

The story makes no sense in universe, and when you use it as a metaphor for things happening in the real world it gets shockingly offensive.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Wipfmetz posted:

They're very ugly

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

HootTheOwl posted:

They're very ugly

Yes, but what about the cartoons?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Theresa May really prompted the brittoons to go gross. Our standards really fell during the last 4 years so even the gross brittoons from then might not get a reaction nowadays.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

After The War posted:

So, is all the plot that people reference in Sinfest from back when it still had text in complete sentences, continued to the present through pure momentum, or are there current strips where any of this stuff, y'know... happens? Because I keep going from the explanations back to the strips, and back to the explanations, and being :confused: trying to connect the two.
Sinfest operated like a newspaper comic where it basically regurgitated gags and plot lines. For example, this 2020 nonsense comes from his annual gag where the current year (depicted as the standard old man father time figure) would be pursued by the Grim Reaper throughout December until he finally died on January first in some comical or extravagant. It was done year after year without fail.

When Ishida does plot it goes slow as poo poo. I remember bouncing off the strip long before the turn into poorly expressed radfem talking points. He would take YEARS to do something as simple as two characters get together or develop at all. In fact, that may be one positive of this turn is that plot develops at all. poo poo was even slower before the swerf & terf days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

swerf & terf

I really hope there's a restaurant in a predominantly LGBTQ neighborhood that serves a dish named this ironically.