Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Can you pop a wheelie on the motorbike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

As much as Im enjoying the game there is one repeating bug that is pissing me off. I hate how easy it is apparently for patrols to spot bodies. I just knocked out a guy in a watch tower and some guy on the ground 50 meters away got the alert symbol and I got a warning the body was spotted.

loving how?! Its 10 meters in the air in an enclosed space!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Lol that in a loading screen, I let one of those little radio segments play because it was new and it turned out to be about a story quest, and Johnny even chimes in and talks to you about it after the little script is over. In the loading screen. This game is cute.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I HAVE QUESTIONS:

- I just spent $10k on a legendary T-shirt and already I'm seeing vendor crap with better armor. Is there any armor worth investing in? Is there a point where it levels out?

- These body/tech requirements on doors, everything said 5/6 for me so I levelled Tech to 6 and now everything is 6/8 for me. How bad does this get? How high does my tech need to be?

- I haven't found any cyberhack crafting plans, do I have to buy the perks to craft them before I start getting those?

- Is it worth it to use stuff you're bad at like shotguns, fists, sniper rifles for the perk points?

- Why can't you do wheelies on motorcycles? I believe it's illegal to release a game with motorcycles and not let them do wheelies, so this must be some kind of terrible mistake. When is it being patched?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Good enough place as any to have a strip club:

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Then what are you doing here? You should be standing in line waiting for your compensation claim to be addressed! You'll lose your spot!

I lost my mind when I cut in line and people complained about special treatment. It’s the little things.Lmao.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Araganzar posted:

Yeah but the game's level design is pretty much built to a large degree around hacks, without them combat is basically a destiny-style shooter with bad AI. So you're cutting yourself out of a lot of the content that makes the game different stylistically. I could see getting that and swapping it out for certain situations though, it sounds awesome...

I've played lots of roguelikes, diablo, path of exile etc. I'm used to enemies just coming at me. What else I should want from the game? I also think enemies in Destiny were a lot more durable. Usually it is 1 bullet 1 kill or 1 machete swipe 1 kill. When shtf it of course gets harder and the 20 round tech revolver with automatic fire helps in tighter situations. I found hacking boring so I simply do not want to do it at all.

Like, why would I spend time hacking when I can spend less time with... Hacking....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25cNz6L6zVk

with my machete

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 13, 2020

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Communist Thoughts posted:

Can you pop a wheelie on the motorbike?

No. No you can't! I got my back wheel in the air braking hard on a downhill on dirt but no physics on this cyber-earth will make you do a wheelie.

GOTY is going to depend on whether or not this is patched before Xmas.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I had to rebind the skip dialogue button because I kept mashing it by accident (I instinctively press C to crouch when I'm not doing anything in games a lot, kept accidentally skipping stuff).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Good enough place as any to have a strip club:

:psyduck: That's the worst name for anything I've ever heard.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
This game really reminds me of VtM. I want more VTM in it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kca73d/it_is_literally_a_crime_in_night_city_to_put/
One of the random crimes you can scan is people putting pineapples on pizza

What im trying to say im street kid gently caress the police

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I have to stay, despite one total hard crash mid-mission (PS5), it's a bloody good game. Took a little while to get going but now that it's kicked off and I'm getting the hang of the controls and game systems it's really something. I love the Brain Dancing and the fact you get to do it yourself.

I look forward to playing the full real game in a couple of years but certainly worthy of the hype already.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I really hope there's more Misty in the main plot, she's great. Mostly because she looks like Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner, but still.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Palpek posted:

I personally am enjoying the game a lot, I'm talking purely about public perception of it and the consequences this has/will have for CDPR as a studio.

Alright I get it. still wouldn't see the impact as heavy. Especially with games the discrepancy of people claming "omg this game sucks rear end" and the dev responding "well we sold a bazillion units" keeps amazing me. Look at Steam scores from PUPG or DayZ, which both are terrible bad games, but remain a gold mine for the dev/publisher.

And with CDRP there is a lot more hope that they will actually fix things, given their dedication to a single (!) game which made them millions year over year for half a decade.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I like the monowire a lot, but the way the charge works right now means it's faster the switch to another weapon and back to the wire for a full charge instantly. It's annoying.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The people who wanted GTA from this game are somehow also the people who try to follow the NPCs home and see if they eat dinner and the biggest flaw of this game is clearly the police response to killing random pedestrians

(it would be cool if you could go to future prison and get locked up there though)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

From the lacking features the obvious one is trains. The infrastructure for them is already there and that trailer that really kicked off the online hype started with V riding one. They probably offered some amazing views of the city. I wonder if they're on some future feature roadmap once the stability problems get fixed.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Araganzar posted:

I HAVE QUESTIONS:

- I just spent $10k on a legendary T-shirt and already I'm seeing vendor crap with better armor. Is there any armor worth investing in? Is there a point where it levels out?

- These body/tech requirements on doors, everything said 5/6 for me so I levelled Tech to 6 and now everything is 6/8 for me. How bad does this get? How high does my tech need to be?

- I haven't found any cyberhack crafting plans, do I have to buy the perks to craft them before I start getting those?

- Is it worth it to use stuff you're bad at like shotguns, fists, sniper rifles for the perk points?

- Why can't you do wheelies on motorcycles? I believe it's illegal to release a game with motorcycles and not let them do wheelies, so this must be some kind of terrible mistake. When is it being patched?

- rejoice, you now have a rare t-shirt for fotomode, just put it in your stash (in fact keep every single peice of clothing for this prupose)

- there are doors going up to 20, but 8/9 seems to be the most common

- buy the perks

- yes get experience up to the attribute limit for the perks (you can spend them in other areas)

- game isn't actually GTA

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The PC version of this game runs surprisingly well.

Now that I've set the FidelityFX to adjust the resolution when it goes under 30fps, the game runs smooth with surprisingly resolution change not being all that noticeable (seems to shift from 1080p to 900p when needed).

This is with a PC consisting of:

GTX970
i5-2500k (OC to 4.5GHZ)
8GB of RAM
7200RPM HDD running in RAID 0

Medium-High Settings with high crowd density.

It essentially looks/runs like the Xbox Series S version.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Goa Tse-tung posted:

- there are doors going up to 20, but 8/9 seems to be the most common
- yes get experience up to the attribute limit for the perks (you can spend them in other areas)

Cool, I can handle getting 9 Tech anyway. I've been trying to level some stuff like Athletics by sprinting and jumping everywhere but it doesn't seem to work very well.

quote:

- game isn't actually GTA

Yes, I can leave my apartment most times without getting sniped, run over, set on fire, or blown up.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I gotta say the writing just continues to impress the hell out of me. The continuation of the Judy & Evelyn questline really hit hard on me.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I do think this game is flawed in a lot of ways but when i get down to it, even the middling first person shooting combat this game offers is head and shoulders above any gameplay the witcher series had. I'm kind of at peace with the limitedness of the open world.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Palpek posted:

From the lacking features the obvious one is trains. The infrastructure for them is already there and that trailer that really kicked off the online hype started with V riding one. They probably offered some amazing views of the city. I wonder if they're on some future feature roadmap once the stability problems get fixed.

Where would they even put trains?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those DF settings are really worth trying. Even if you're using the GeForce Now

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Had a side mission bug out, supposed to eliminate a wanted dude, well I did it on accident from super far away hacking his crew to death through windows...when I get to the mission, he's dead but it's not letting me kill him to complete it. UGH.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rinkles posted:

it does this periodically for me (PS5). not sure if it's related to the crashes.

To me, settings in Cyberpunk 2077 on a PS4 Pro, are like tears in rain

(I have no idea why, but they reset all the time, and I haven't found why yet)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Huh

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1338233079974924289?s=19

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
How is the damage on weapons calculated? I'm trying to figure out what is best for damage for headshots from stealth.

Example:

Weapon is a revolver that does 10-20 damage. The stats below however say +5-10 physical damage (or thermal, or shock, or whatever). Does that mean each shot is 15-30 damage in total?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

interesting post here https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kccabx/hey_cd_projekt_red_i_think_you_shipped_the_wrong/

it talks about a config file that appears to be limiting PC system RAM and VRAM usage incorrectly, with people reporting increased fps by tweaking those values. I'd love to see an official CDPR response.

some people are thinking the config file is setting hard limits on total RAM/VRAM usage, but that can't be a correct interpretation, because when I load the game up, it's using >3GB system RAM and ~4GB VRAM (beyond the config limits).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

tuo posted:

To me, settings in Cyberpunk 2077 on a PS4 Pro, are like tears in rain

(I have no idea why, but they reset all the time, and I haven't found why yet)

Mine does this on PS5, seemingly after crashes.

Ive just managed to break my HUD again, my health bar is permanently 0/0 and I can’t summon a vehicle anymore because the button is red. I quit.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Do the skills in the Cool tree that affect knives, like the poison one, also affect all blades weapons?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
So I did the Pacifica voodoo boys Gim quest was upset my hacker character couldnt make the robot sparring partner kill the animal guy fighting it. I couldnt make the bench press crush the guy too :v:

Was I missing something here its was all over the preview videos

Still loving the game but I feel for people playing on ps4 or xbone

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Where would they even put trains?
I mean the monorail, its lines already exist in the game, they're just unused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=w5ZyGSsCEcg

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Some of these gigs have extremely good level design.

DeadLetterOfficer
Mar 30, 2011

I said, I've got a big stick.
Upgrading my cyberdeck to just the 15k one has made this an entirely different game. Along with a few perks in the hacking tree I've gone from a chump who can barely fight to technowizard. Honestly at this point, the stronger the enemies security system, the more vulnerable they are. Contagion is OP once you get some damage upgrades to your hacking. I feel bad exploiting the enemy AI. As long as you kill their netrunners first you just use that damage vulnerability daemon, hit em with contagion and your single target damage hacks then wait a few seconds for your cool downs and rinse and repeat.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Monowhip is cool as poo poo! Taking out groups of thugs with it on very hard.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Also I failed the quest with Barry (Happy together) and had to look up what I could've done differently. A whole lot, it seems!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The range on the monowire is pretty insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Tenzarin posted:

Monowhip is cool as poo poo! Taking out groups of thugs with it on very hard.
Ok, can somebody explain what's going on with the monowire? Some people claim its really weak, some people say it owns even on hard difficulties. What perks influence it this heavily?