Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

*salutes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
*salutes*

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

"Invisible Skeleton Fight Pit" is a real hell of a phrase.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

o7

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
*salutes* Godspeed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:patriot:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:911:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...
o7

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
*salutes*

So without going into any spoilers is it known if this hack has any custom scripted items or enemies and the like? Hell is it even possible in the current state of Ocarina hacking to implement custom/altered items and enemies or even just insert items/functions/enemies from Majora?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Custom enemies and items are *possible* in OoT but The Missing Link is the only hack I know of that has actually had those things, and it's a one-dungeon hack that was released pretty recently. A full-length OoT hack is a tall order on its own without adding in custom mechanics. I haven't seen all of Master of Time but since nothing like that has shown up yet I think it's safe to assume it's not going to.

EDIT: Also I take great offense to the suggestion in this video that Master Quest was a “bad” romhack. it blessed us with the Jabu cows, so actually it’s an awesome romhack. :colbert:

Augus fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Dec 12, 2020

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

*salutes*

Black Mage Knight posted:

*salutes*

So without going into any spoilers is it known if this hack has any custom scripted items or enemies and the like? Hell is it even possible in the current state of Ocarina hacking to implement custom/altered items and enemies or even just insert items/functions/enemies from Majora?

No custom C-items but there's some new passive items. The Missing Link has a custom C-item and boss but that's Kaze and it's still kinda janky imo.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

As far as I know no-one has managed to backport changed item behaviours from Majora into OoT. I'm assuming it must be very difficult to pull off.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
There really is some kernel of good design in this; that mini-dungeon had a rather nice layout with the way it looped back on itself at the end. But the slaughterhouse doesn't give me high hopes...

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

*salutes*

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
* salutes *
I can't believe Captain Bones is loving dead.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Hippocrass posted:

* salutes *
I can't believe Captain Bones is loving dead.

HP Lovecraft posted:

That is not dead which can eternal lie...
At his sewers in Abello dead Captain Bones waits dreaming.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Somehow, PW speaks this game's language.

--------

Stream is happening tonight at the usual time and place: 9PM EST at https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero. We're ahead of the episodes as usual, and I haven't finished editing last session just yet to say exactly how far, but I would say we're going to be picking up from where episode 18 will probably end.

Tazgirl18992
Aug 15, 2015

FPzero posted:

Stream is happening tonight at the usual time and place: 9PM EST

cries in European time

I can’t wait to see if you find the hookshot yet!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Tazgirl18992 posted:

cries in European time

:same:

Experiencing Nimpize live was amazing.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Going live! https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero

All finished for the night, thanks for watching!

FPzero fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 13, 2020

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Why save-warp when you have a warp song to Abello Castle? Seems a little faster since you always reload a save at that one inn.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Because I forget it's a tool in my arsenal :v:

Making progress in the Forest.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I still think the textures and some bits of geometry are kinda bad in this hack, but the area design is neat.

Now I wonder if the game will punish you for your Kokiri CKrimes in the slaughterhouse.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Kalki's Forest: Medievil - The Crystal Caves

You left this video unlisted btw

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Geemer posted:

I still think the textures and some bits of geometry are kinda bad in this hack, but the area design is neat.

Now I wonder if the game will punish you for your Kokiri CKrimes in the slaughterhouse.

Fail state where you get a game over for burning the kokiri

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Knowing this game, it would not surprise me if red potions were made from blended kokiri.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Knowing this game, it would not surprise me if red potions were made from blended kokiri.

#SaveMido2020?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

#SaveMido2020?

#MidoKnowsWhatHeDid

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

#SaveMido2020?

War Criminals do not get redemption.

looking at you FP

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Hi Mrs. Patrick's Mom, can Patrick come out to play?

-----
I'm gonna slow the episode uploads a bit because we have a fair bit of recorded stream footage, and the holidays are approaching. No stream this week, probably no stream next week either (since it's just one day after christmas), so I'll stagger episode releases until we can record again. Which is fine because there's probably another ~10 episodes to edit and upload. Thanks for enjoying the LP so far! We're having a blast recording it.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

As wild as Nimpize was, Master of Time is way more interesting, because it’s all original, so while Nimpize still has the basic structure and original layouts of a bunch of areas to fall back on, there’s none of that in Master of Time. Who knows where this crazy ride will take us. And both the slaughterhouse and this dungeon are primo examples of it. :allears:

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
i'm not french, who are the two portraits in the first room we arrowed

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

French national assembly member Patrick Balkany and his wife Isabelle Balkany, who were both convicted of tax fraud in 2019.
I have no idea why the hack creator decided this needed to be in his Zelda hack but I'm glad he did

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

There's a lot of dumb poo poo in this game but I think putting green tinted .jpgs of actual, real people in a Zelda hack to make them look like Shrek has got to be the weirdest. Particularly when it's people that nobody other than French politics nerds are going to recognise.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Patrick's Manor: Skies of Arcadia - Dungeon Cave

Craig K posted:

i'm not french, who are the two portraits in the first room we arrowed

Patrick and Isabelle Balkany. Looking into it, Patrick committed tax fraud in addition to corruption, just a swell guy all around.
edit: gently caress, beaten

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I was going to say, if you're going to name your fantasy ogre loving "Patrick" you might as well go all the way and just call him Shrek. But I am also down with some semi-obscure French political commentary in my romhacks.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
no really on first watch i almost thought the romhacker's name was patrick and he was taking out some deep-seated mommy issues in this romhack

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

"Hi, is this the Krusty Krab?—"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Between calling a corrupt politician an ogre and having a thinly veiled commentary about the conquest and exploitation of Algeria, I look forward to seeing where this goes.