Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
sWeDeN iS dOiNg FiNe

https://twitter.com/business/status/1338125797513699329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/DylanBurns1776/status/1338072298578989056

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

It’s truly horrifying here and being flippant doesn’t loving help.

We do not have masking guidelines (though some wear masks), we never shut down, there are spineless “recommendations” that have a so-called legal backing and a loving bizarre cult of personality around Tegnell. If I were a nurse, honestly I’d loving quit too.

I have to go into work tomorrow, for no reason, when I can continue working from home. We had three people get it and I go to work, commute into and out of Stockholm, for five days, for no legitimately logical reason. I can safely and productively work from home as I have been for the past two weeks, and as I did from March until June. I cannot do anything legally to stop being called into the office.

I am terrified I’ll catch it and give it to my partner, who cannot afford to get it, as he can’t work from home, he is a welder. He loses money when he is sick.

All of this loving sucks and all of this, apparently, is the most that can be done. I feel loving horrendous complaining as a lot of places are horrifyingly worse. I still have my job, still have my life, I have a lot more and yet gently caress I’m so scared and just, beyond exhausted?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

teen witch posted:

It’s truly horrifying here and being flippant doesn’t loving help.
sorry, my comment refers to all the fuckers out there who find reasons to tout your country as "WE DON'T NEED ANY CORONA MEASURES"

also, if you're that worried, get a respirator already. it provides really strong protection and is considerably more comfy and reliable to wear than an n95 mask. i can give you amazon links so you aren't buying blindly

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

sorry, my comment refers to all the fuckers out there who find reasons to tout your country as "WE DON'T NEED ANY CORONA MEASURES"

As an American in Sweden seeing them is blood boiling. It is a miracle that I don’t want to travel to see my family, who I loving miss to bits, and run into them because I can, and will, rip out their endocrine system. Because of them I do not get to celebrate Xmas after a bonkers stressful year with my family. I can’t stop crying over it I’m so loving mad I just want to see my mom. More than anything

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Roni's in the gymnasium, ain't got no medicine
I'm in the quarantine, thinkin' about the cytokine
Man in the doctor's coat, stethoscope, laid off
Says you've got a bad cough, why'd you take the mask off
Look out kid, those infections you did
God knows when, but you're killin' them again

Seriously though, "Free men don't ask for permission .... or for forgiveness" is a super hosed up attitude in a pandemic, gently caress this lovely smug rear end in a top hat

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
LION
NOT
SHEEP

That always makes me laugh. I'M NOT A SHEEP I DON'T FOLLOW SCIENCE!

Right. You're not the sheep who blindly and without question follows a cult of complete ignorance who has zero evidence for anything they do. :thumbsup:

Yes yes. A lion.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 13, 2020

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Seriously though, "Free men don't ask for permission .... or for forgiveness" is a super hosed up attitude in a pandemic

It’s a shockingly hosed up attitude pandemic or not

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ketchup vs catsup posted:

It’s a shockingly hosed up attitude pandemic or not

They're confusing free with "being utterly unconcerned for the people around them and how their actions might affect others." Because it's clearly not freedom if you can't do whatever you please.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

If spending Christmas on my couch getting drunk and eating Chinese food is this generations Victory Gardens then

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

gently caress this lovely smug rear end in a top hat

is there anyone in the US with that style of beard that isn't a massive rear end in a top hat?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

WaryWarren posted:

is there anyone in the US with that style of beard that isn't a massive rear end in a top hat?

Probably lots of homeless people, yes

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The beard is an active deterrent. It's an easy way to identify people who aren't worth your time.

I haven't trimmed my beard since 2014. I'm a tremendous rear end in a top hat.

I still wear a goddamn facemask when I go anywhere though. Neck gaiters do a good job of covering the beard and an additional mask underneath.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 13, 2020

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

It's the *lick*lick*lick*lick* that really bugs me too. Yuk.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WaryWarren posted:

If they're 70 and it's grey then they're probably cool.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Does anyone else feel like they are going to be afraid of large gatherings even after Covid? I have anxiety (diagnosed pre-Covid) and this whole thing has made me even more afraid of large crowds.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Violet_Sky posted:

Does anyone else feel like they are going to be afraid of large gatherings even after Covid? I have anxiety (diagnosed pre-Covid) and this whole thing has made me even more afraid of large crowds.

I have no doubt I will. I cannot stand being around people in the grocery store, or just passing people in the street, it makes me tense as gently caress.
I don't know what another year of this will do.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Violet_Sky posted:

Lol no you loving goons.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Someone posted pictures of the previous year's Christmas party on work slack and everyone agreed how weirded out they were by how close everyone was.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Violet_Sky posted:

I don't think I'll have anxiety, but I'll probably still be cautious a few months after the pandemic is "over." I can't imagine not masking up in a grocery store for a month or two after being bare faced is allowed.

I wouldn't blame anyone for getting increased anxiety of crowds over all this though.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Violet_Sky posted:

Exact opposite for me. I cannot wait to get back into bars and clubs

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mumbling posted:

I don't think I'll have anxiety, but I'll probably still be cautious a few months after the pandemic is "over." I can't imagine not masking up in a grocery store for a month or two after being bare faced is allowed.

I wouldn't blame anyone for getting increased anxiety of crowds over all this though.

I have anxiety dreams where I'm unmasked in a store and theres still covid and people are glaring.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

When Melbourne's 8-month lockdown ended (there was a gap of like 8 weeks in the middle there but I still didn't go out), and ended not just with lower cases but with elimination so I know it's 100% safe, it felt weird the first few times but then I got used to it again. It's a relief, so your subconscious is happy to go back to normal.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Exact opposite for me. I cannot wait to get back into bars and clubs

I miss live music so much.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Violet_Sky posted:

I have anxiety dreams where I'm unmasked in a store and theres still covid and people are glaring.

Dreams about being maskless is probably one of the more unexpected effects the pandemic has had on me. I took a nap late this morning and dreamt that two people forced their way into my apartment, took an unknown document from my room, and ran off. We were all maskless which worried me in addition to the stolen paper. I'm basically having bad dreams with the same frequency and intensity as before, but being conscious of masks is added as an extra layer.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/antnyvlz/status/1338150859788734467

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/newscomauHQ/status/1338295258988257281

Friendship ended with BALI
Now QUEENSTOWN is my best friend

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm probably going to keep wearing a mask during the flu season and stuff "after" covid. I'm cautiously optimistic that at least some other people will too and maybe even flu deaths will decrease.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

pro starcraft loser posted:

If spending Christmas on my couch getting drunk and eating Chinese food is this generations Victory Gardens then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS1DDn2eklU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Meanwhile, the staff of the administration that downplayed the threat of the global pandemic, going so far as to call it a hoax, is first in line for the vaccine.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1338240040900702209

:thermidor:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Buschmaki posted:

I'm probably going to keep wearing a mask during the flu season and stuff "after" covid. I'm cautiously optimistic that at least some other people will too and maybe even flu deaths will decrease.

when are masks gonna get more fun to wear and fashionable, though

It's 2020, soon to be 2021, it's the future, I want crazy rebreather masks and fun scarves and poo poo to be the trend

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1337946561028952064?s=20

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1337952646431461376?s=20

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

lol, must be why Target is reducing their senior shopping hours.

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1338278530027827201

quote:

"If no vulnerable guests are waiting to shop when the store opens, and other guests are waiting to shop, store leaders may decide to open the store to all guests," Target says.

:corona:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

rotinaj posted:

when are masks gonna get more fun to wear and fashionable, though

It's 2020, soon to be 2021, it's the future, I want crazy rebreather masks and fun scarves and poo poo to be the trend

That Japanese cyber mask from a few pages back inspired me and I'm seriously considering getting a half-mask respirator and asking a friend who paints minis to spruce it up. Might skip the greebling for now, but I wanna look slick if I'm forced to go out and about. Also wanna save the rotating KN95s for when I need em (e.g., work requires that I be clearly heard and understood when talking).

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I remember pre-covid thinking that wearing a mask while sick was a neat idea. I also like bowing because you dont have to touch other people and I'm a goony gently caress who has issues with touch.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Doggles posted:

Meanwhile, the staff of the administration that downplayed the threat of the global pandemic, going so far as to call it a hoax, is first in line for the vaccine.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1338240040900702209

:thermidor:

Good news! Donny chickened out of getting the vaccine so he asked for all of the White House staff's vaccines be rescheduled

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1338325735778476035

This will, of course, have a knock on effect of lowering the entire country's vaccine confidence even further, just like when he made a "personal choice" not to wear masks

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Good news! Donny chickened out of getting the vaccine so he asked for all of the White House staff's vaccines be rescheduled

This will, of course, have a knock on effect of lowering the entire country's vaccine confidence even further, just like when he made a "personal choice" not to wear masks

I too hate needles but come the gently caress on

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

we’re loving doomed