Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I sent another email. Things were starting to look up when my daughter runs into the room crying with a giant blister on her gums - looks like she is gonna need some dental work to help her and any help would be helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Shard posted:

I sent another email. Things were starting to look up when my daughter runs into the room crying with a giant blister on her gums - looks like she is gonna need some dental work to help her and any help would be helpful.

So, was it a giant blister or was it a tooth growing sideways?

I had to wear braces growing up, my uncle is a dentist (down here in chile) and one of the things I remember was that he told my dad to wait until most of my baby teeth had been replaced by the definitive, with obvious exceptions such as molars or canines, since those tend to take longer to come out.

Even then, it took some preparation to get my teeth in shape, they had my baby canines removed (Did you know that baby teeth do have roots? They are eaten away by the regular tooth growing underneath!) and my front four molars were removed, as were the permanent molars growing underneath those, mostly so I wouldn't have issues with my wisdom teeth later on in life), followed by braces for 2 or 3 years.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Siegkrow posted:

So, was it a giant blister or was it a tooth growing sideways?

I had to wear braces growing up, my uncle is a dentist (down here in chile) and one of the things I remember was that he told my dad to wait until most of my baby teeth had been replaced by the definitive, with obvious exceptions such as molars or canines, since those tend to take longer to come out.

Even then, it took some preparation to get my teeth in shape, they had my baby canines removed (Did you know that baby teeth do have roots? They are eaten away by the regular tooth growing underneath!) and my front four molars were removed, as were the permanent molars growing underneath those, mostly so I wouldn't have issues with my wisdom teeth later on in life), followed by braces for 2 or 3 years.

Giant blister. She has a cavity on that molar and it is a baby tooth. I wanted to wait till it fell out but now she is in constant pain and I read if untreated it could get down to the bone with infection. My wife and I have also put off dental work because it's just so drat expensive. My wisdom tooth has pushed one of my back teeth out of place and now I have a gap between a back tooth and the gum where the nerve is exposed and every once in a while I get a pain so deep half my face goes numb.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Shard posted:

My wisdom tooth has pushed one of my back teeth out of place and now I have a gap between a back tooth and the gum where the nerve is exposed and every once in a while I get a pain so deep half my face goes numb.

Hoooo boy, I feel that. I mean, not ME, but my mother has issues with something similar. Sometimes, when the pain is too bad, she eats only soups and creams.
She tells me it reminds her of when they tightened her braces, and I still remember that pain keenly.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Help received. Thanks so much

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shard posted:

Help received. Thanks so much

:toot:

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Sent an email and posting for confirmation. 2020 been a wild ride. I finally got off my rear end and decided to see a counselor about suspected brain worms and now have meds perscribed with no way to pay for them and without health insurance the cost is lol. American health care baybeeee :holy:

anyway sent a request hope ya can help, goon bucks have gotten me outta tight binds before.

Ghosthotel has issued a correction as of 17:46 on Dec 14, 2020

gremlins two
Aug 14, 2019

Sent another email. Thanks to everyone who helps keep this thing running. It can be a humbling experience.

gremlins two has issued a correction as of 16:33 on Dec 14, 2020

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Glad to hear everyone is using it, please keep doing so, it warms my cold dead heart that im contributing to helping people in such a simple way

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Glad to hear everyone is using it, please keep doing so, it warms my cold dead heart that im contributing to helping people in such a simple way

it sucks that people need it but I’m glad there is some way to help even a little.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

:same:

no one should feel shame about needing help in this dumb society, most folks are set up to fail

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

DarkEuphoria posted:

:same:

no one should feel shame about needing help in this dumb society, most folks are set up to fail

Yeah Covid has made it even worse for some folks. I’ve been unemployed since May of this year and and I’d gladly take some job at a physical location but I’m immunocompromised so getting covid would likely be a death sentence for me. Been applying to remote jobs but so is everyone else in this hosed up country so I haven’t got one yet. this thread has helped me either eat, pay rent, and more recently access to medication so my brain works normal and I’m super thankful to everyone goon who donates. hope to donate to the Patreon myself once I’m employed.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Tossed you some scrilla plinkey. Thanks for running this. I can only assume it's a big time commitment, and I appreciate that.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

Tossed you some scrilla plinkey. Thanks for running this. I can only assume it's a big time commitment, and I appreciate that.

What did you send it to, the email in the thread isn't hooked up to PayPal or anything

NM I misread that.

Plinkey has issued a correction as of 21:55 on Dec 15, 2020

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Just sent an email. I'm really happy this exists, and not just because I need it right now.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

E-mailed. I love seeing the good people can do together.

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011
Thanks, thread.

I wanted to point donators and people in need to this thread in Coupons & Deals. Coinbase is giving away $100+ dollars in cryptocurrency to new and existing users. You can convert the crypto from the promotions into real money and cash it out, and then donate it or use it to eat a food.

If you want to help a goon out, you can use one of my links to get your free internet money.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

salisbury shake posted:

Thanks, thread.

I wanted to point donators and people in need to this thread in Coupons & Deals. Coinbase is giving away $100+ dollars in cryptocurrency to new and existing users. You can convert the crypto from the promotions into real money and cash it out, and then donate it or use it to eat a food.

If you want to help a goon out, you can use one of my links to get your free internet money.

That is a nice post you have there, be a shame if something happened to it.

edit: I'm not sure this is the appropriate place for a post about crypto currency friend, and how much do you get for referrals?

Pohl has issued a correction as of 06:50 on Dec 18, 2020

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
umm I owe like a ridiculous amount of money in rent (I'm fully expecting to get evicted after this month) and I just found out my contract position is being moved overseas so my sole $400 income is gone when we were barely surviving as is.

I don't expect financial help but the reason I'm posting here is because my head is very cloudy right now and I can't find or absorb the answers I'm seeing online to my question: Am I eligible for unemployment even though it was a contract position? I didn't pay taxes and I had this job over a year. Nothing I find online tells me anything about contract positions.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

g0lbez posted:

umm I owe like a ridiculous amount of money in rent (I'm fully expecting to get evicted after this month) and I just found out my contract position is being moved overseas so my sole $400 income is gone when we were barely surviving as is.

I don't expect financial help but the reason I'm posting here is because my head is very cloudy right now and I can't find or absorb the answers I'm seeing online to my question: Am I eligible for unemployment even though it was a contract position? I didn't pay taxes and I had this job over a year. Nothing I find online tells me anything about contract positions.

just apply and answer all the questions truthfully, worst they can do is reject you

it varies by state, but i think contract employees have UI protection

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

smarxist posted:

just apply and answer all the questions truthfully, worst they can do is reject you

it varies by state, but i think contract employees have UI protection

thank you apparently Kentucky does have something for self-employed people although I probably wont hear back for awhile though maybe I'll get a surprise deposit soon who knows! thanks for the help though I don't know why I wasn't even going to bother

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

g0lbez posted:

thank you apparently Kentucky does have something for self-employed people although I probably wont hear back for awhile though maybe I'll get a surprise deposit soon who knows! thanks for the help though I don't know why I wasn't even going to bother

you would likely be eligible under what's called PUA. that's an unemployment program created under the CARES act earlier this year for self-employed and contract workers, among others. I think that program is ending shortly though, or maybe already has, so make sure you apply for the earliest UI week that you're qualified for.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

just got off work. i finished up a cigarette while leaned up against my car and broke down into tears when i got into my apt elevator.

for once this year, it wasn't because i was suffering because i had no money, and it wasnt because i felt so miserable because i would go days without eating.

it was because the place i work at now had one of the best opening days ever, and i got my first paycheck since march.

and i would not be here, and this content, if it wasn't due in part to the help and contributions here. you all have helped me get here, whether it was paying my phone bill or giving me money for food and gas.

I absolutely appreciate everything and all of you who contributed from the absolute bottom of my heart. you all made a difference in my life. thank you so drat much.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sorry to say that the fund only has like 500 bucks left this month

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Well, apparently there have been some problems around for some goons around, so that's understandable.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Plinkey posted:

sorry to say that the fund only has like 500 bucks left this month

Can I do a one time donation booster because I don’t see a thing on the Patreon that isn’t the monthly thing.

Also holy gently caress the feels buddykins, I am very glad you are doing better.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

HelloSailorSign posted:

Can I do a one time donation booster because I don’t see a thing on the Patreon that isn’t the monthly thing.

Was wondering this as well

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
sign up / increase for the month, then cancel / decrease right after your payment goes through

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

looks like that only increases the amount you will pay at renewal. maybe since it’s all custom tier stuff, the normal “pay immediately” thing doesn’t trigger.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think plinky has a PayPal or whatever you can donate to directly, but its not the email in the OP so he'll have to clarify

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I just upped my monthly and posted links in the trump, covid, and gaming threads if anyone would like to follow and increase their contribution or at least get some quotes going in those or other threads. plinkey you’re a real hero

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.
hope the 10 bux i can spare bought some tasty food

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

I just upped my monthly and posted links in the trump, covid, and gaming threads if anyone would like to follow and increase their contribution or at least get some quotes going in those or other threads. plinkey you’re a real hero

can we send money directly to the fund or is it better to up the patreon?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

can we send money directly to the fund or is it better to up the patreon?

Plinkey takes direct one time donations by arrangement via PM or email to goonfund@stanknuts.com (don’t send money to this address unless they say otherwise privately)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

can we clarify the way to send a one off payment? ready and standing by!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The goon fund helped me stabilize my life, a little bit over 2 years ago, and I would like to begin paying it forward.

Mundrial Mantis
Aug 15, 2017

Your post in the covid thread got me here when you called it goon mutual support. Read through this thread and signed up for :10bux:. I mostly lurk so I figure this is a way to keep the posts flowing

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

thanks for getting the word out, can’t have the goon fund running dry

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

chipped in 20/month, gl goons

thx to flyingexecutive for posting the reminders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HelloSailorSign posted:

Also holy gently caress the feels buddykins, I am very glad you are doing better.

just PM me or send an email to the stanknuts email address do not send money there, i have no way to get it, and it'll sit in paypal limbo until it gets returned to you like 30 days later or something, its strickly a semi-anonymous email for people that don't have PMs.

I can give you the paypal address that it's all hooked up to and that way patreon doesn't take their 4% or whatever if you want to just do a one time.

also thanks to everyone that signed up, amazing!

Plinkey has issued a correction as of 20:35 on Dec 20, 2020