Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
the Cleveland Tourism Videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Whooping Crabs posted:

the Cleveland Tourism Videos

The We're Not Detroits.

Honest Answer: The Naps.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

The Steamers.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The Cleveland Washington Football Team

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I think Spiders is the obvious choice but you know there's someone in the organization who is going to be getting checks from Jann Wenner to push for the Cleveland Rocks

that Cavs city jersey is only the beginning, the rock hall wants to be the thing in Cleveland

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why would you want to name your team after the worst team of all time

That was just the Spiders' final season though, when the owners shipped all their good players to St. Louis. Before that they were pretty good! They had this one pitcher, some guy called Cy Young, won 240 games with them, and they went to a World Series.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
They should go retro and choose another hilariously bad Cleveland team, the Barons.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mentholmoose posted:

They should go retro and choose another hilariously bad Cleveland team, the Barons.

that name owns though

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Pussy Boss posted:

That was just the Spiders' final season though, when the owners shipped all their good players to St. Louis. Before that they were pretty good! They had this one pitcher, some guy called Cy Young, won 240 games with them, and they went to a World Series.
Right, but the only reason people still bring up the name is because of that 1899 season

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Honest Answer: The Naps

I don't think this is a racial slur?, but it certainly sounds like one

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

The Steamers.

I think the team and city should honor the great maritime/paddle boat tradition of the Cuyahoga River in this manner.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
The Cleveland Redskins

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

GoatSeeGuy posted:

The We're Not Detroits.

Honest Answer: The Naps.

The Lajoies because I want to torture announcers.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Good for Cleveland. Long overdue.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

DC Murderverse posted:

I think Spiders is the obvious choice but you know there's someone in the organization who is going to be getting checks from Jann Wenner to push for the Cleveland Rocks

God this is just bleak enough to happen.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Man, I am just absolutely dreading the hot takes my dad will have when they formally announce the name change.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Man, I am just absolutely dreading the hot takes my dad will have when they formally announce the name change.

The Cleveland Antifa

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I was born in Cleveland, but moved when I was 5. One of my few memories of my time living there were the absolutely massive spiders there. If you remember the 2007 ALDS with all those midges, there were constantly swarms of them around my house, which was right on the lake. Spiders had an unlimited supply of midges to eat and they became enormous, like golf-ball-sized bodies, then they loved to show up in the basement where I played and terrify me. Those fuckers could jump too.

So please name them the Spiders.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

The Steamers.

This one

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

it should so obviously be the spiders they are going to spend millions of dollars on a marketing guy to come with a name so stupid we can't even fathom it like The Dignity
Yuuuuuup

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Cleveland Grovers

Presented by Disney

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Slimy Hog posted:

The Cleveland Antifa

Between the Naps and the Indians there was this:

https://ohiohistorycentral.org/w/Cleveland_Molly_Maguires

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The Braves will drag this process out forever but when they do finally get to changing the name at least they have an obvious candidate waiting.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I was born in Cleveland, but moved when I was 5. One of my few memories of my time living there were the absolutely massive spiders there. If you remember the 2007 ALDS with all those midges, there were constantly swarms of them around my house, which was right on the lake. Spiders had an unlimited supply of midges to eat and they became enormous, like golf-ball-sized bodies, then they loved to show up in the basement where I played and terrify me. Those fuckers could jump too.

So please name them the Spiders.

Okay, gently caress that. I'd get the hell out of Cleveland too!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Cleveland Reds

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Guardians feels likely because the script I already looks close to a G and it ends in "dians" so that can largely keep the typeface and aesthetics the same.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow that seems incredibly lame

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why would you want to name your team after the worst creature of all time

ftfy

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Cleveland Guardian sounds like a newspaper

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The guardians are a set of big stone men on the bridge into Cleveland

Its not an exciting name but Spiders sucks and I'd prefer it to not be a gimmick like Rocks.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Just make it the Cleveland Master Pizzas :colbert:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

The Cleveland Reds

Cincinnati Reds + Cleveland Greens = Cleveland Browns

We've figured it out.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

R.D. Mangles posted:

it should so obviously be the spiders they are going to spend millions of dollars on a marketing guy to come with a name so stupid we can't even fathom it like The Dignity

Lol’d at this

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wrong thread

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 14, 2020

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

LD is made by people who are actual fans of Berman-era Trek and it shows

They are also able to poke fun at the rest of Trek in a fun but loving way. The sequence where they recreate the part in TMP where the Enterprise refit is introduced had me rolling.

This is like that episode where Worf keeps shifting universes and ends up in one where Picard is dead, only this time you jumped to a universe where mcmagic is only wrong most of the time.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

they'll go with the Spiders

...then bring back Chief Wahoo with 8 eyes and 8 featherlegs

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

they'll go with the Spiders

...then bring back Chief Wahoo with 8 eyes and 8 featherlegs

I know this is a joke but I actually really really wanna see what this would look like.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Cleveland has a ton of groundhogs, so I’m going with the Cleveland Groundhogs as my second to the Spiders. I will also accept Walleyes, since we need more fish mascots.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The Cleveland River Fires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
I think Spiders would be really cool but it's going to be something stupid, I'm sure.