Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sirbloody posted:

What is a good "safe" battlepass weapon? I am not really missing anything and I just hit level 50 on the BP so I figure I should shell out the $10 to get everything else on it. Right now I am leaning towards the 1H sword just because but I do not have anyone who specifically needs it... yet

That’s probably the best one to get.

I’d probably get that now in case you pull someone in the next few who can use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
+1 1h sword, I went Solar Pearl and Viridescent Hunt specifically because I had characters to hand them to. If you're okay across the board Black Sword is the way to go

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I've been happy with my Serpent Spine ever since getting it from the first BP. It's only gotten better with the introduction of more shield characters.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think both swords are pretty safe, 1h being a tad bit safer since the upcoming GS seems like it could jump in as bis for Razor/Xinyan/Beidou. there are so many 1h sword users it's hard to imagine not finding a place for Black Sword even with the upcoming freebie

bow/catalyst feel way more specific/conditional to me, and spear i actually like (best crit% scaling on any weapon in the game) but there just aren't enough spear users yet so it's a hard sell esp. with the underwhelming effect

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is it worth refining Black Sword?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I picked Black Sword for future Bennet, but every one of them was pretty much "what character do you think you'll get in the future?"

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
I'll Take all 5 bp weapons before even thinking of refining them. Or until you have a glut of other 4* weapons at least.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I went ahead and picked the 1H Black Sword. It was a bit satisfying unlocking 50 tiers of Battlepass rewards in 1 shot. Now the question is to save my gems for another banner to try and attempt to C1 my Zhong (Still pretty far from Pitty).

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I just picked up 2 goblets for venti, one has attack% as the main stat, the other has ameno damage bonus %. I mostly use venti for his ult, so should I go with the ameno damage bonus?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Sirbloody posted:

I went ahead and picked the 1H Black Sword. It was a bit satisfying unlocking 50 tiers of Battlepass rewards in 1 shot. Now the question is to save my gems for another banner to try and attempt to C1 my Zhong (Still pretty far from Pitty).

Don't spend a ton of wishes on C1-ing zhong unless you also really want the 4*s. His C1 is just not worth that much.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Sammus posted:

I just picked up 2 goblets for venti, one has attack% as the main stat, the other has ameno damage bonus %. I mostly use venti for his ult, so should I go with the ameno damage bonus?

You should regardless, his normals aren't going to be where most of his damage comes from even if you wanted to use him as a carry.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

S.J. posted:

You should regardless, his normals aren't going to be where most of his damage comes from even if you wanted to use him as a carry.

Jesus christ Venti is a monster. I got the 4 piece Viridescent bonus, plus 40% extra Anemo damage from just that piece. He was broken before, this is just hilarious.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

If there is one thing that baffles me the most about this game, if for some reason the game need to reach out to the server when I want to switch characters in my team, thus when i have high ping, it can take an extra second to switch.

I love loving up combos in a single player game because someone is watching netflix in my house.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
is it just me or are the weapon domains really stingy? doing the ar40 ones and getting 1 green and 2 blues feels pretty average

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

awesmoe posted:

is it just me or are the weapon domains really stingy? doing the ar40 ones and getting 1 green and 2 blues feels pretty average

They are really stingy. They never give more than 4-5 drops total, and even the highest tier of weapon domains is not guaranteed to give you anything past a blue. Drop reports put the highest tier weapon upgrade item at something like a 10-15% drop rate.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

If there is one thing that baffles me the most about this game, if for some reason the game need to reach out to the server when I want to switch characters in my team, thus when i have high ping, it can take an extra second to switch.

I love loving up combos in a single player game because someone is watching netflix in my house.

I was on vacation with bad internet a couple weeks ago and discovered unhappily that almost every action you take other than running around and attacking needs to wait and ping the server. The game rapidly becomes basically unplayable if your ping is even as bad as like, 200ms.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

awesmoe posted:

Yeah and that doesn't change much. You definitely have to refine your lower level stuff.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

zgrowler2 posted:

I think the conventional wisdom is not to refine prototype or BP weapons. Acquisition rate is too low to justify doing it

People say this a lot and it is probably right, but I love the fat hits I get out of my refined Prototype Animus and it doesn't seem like a lot of teams have two claymore users :2bong:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it'd be nice to have guaranteed purples at least, golds aren't used much at all so converting up to them would be manageable

kater
Nov 16, 2010

you can hold the + sign down and it adds books/whatever in stacks of 10 you don't need to click the loving thing hundreds of times. thousands of times. tens of thousands of times.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

awesmoe posted:

No, that seems low. You should be getting 2 greens and 3 blues at a minimum - usually you get 5-6 materials total. If you pick up 1 green 2 blues you're likely missing 2 purples somewhere.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

After trolling me with a Diluc C1 the banner was at least kind enough to give me Xinyan & Chongyun C1 relatively back to back. I'm especially excited about the latter, although I wish our Popsicle Prophet could get some constellations too.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

zgrowler2 posted:

Any pro tips for nabbing crystalflies on mobile? The drat upward slant trajectory makes it to where I only have a tiny window to mash the collect prompt, and often by the time it comes up I'm far enough past the entity that it doesn't count. I get maybe half of the ones at the tree in Mondstadt, only have time to nab one at Guyun Stone Forest before the ones that are already way high up when I teleport in despawn. The two at Mingyun Village near teleport are my only lucky break if I remember to lure the slime out first so I don't get stunned off a wall.

using a tall character like kaeya or childe makes it so much easier

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

:eyepop:

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I just realized that you can burn of the instant kill mark Childe puts on you by running into the arena border. Only took me like 5 or 6 weeks....

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

kater posted:

you can hold the + sign down and it adds books/whatever in stacks of 10 you don't need to click the loving thing hundreds of times. thousands of times. tens of thousands of times.

Haha god dammit.

Doesn't work for weapon crystals though.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

gandlethorpe posted:

Haha god dammit.

Doesn't work for weapon crystals though.

you can just do auto-add for those tho?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

padijun posted:

using a tall character like kaeya or childe makes it so much easier

ah gently caress my slot 1 is Klee, ffs I have Childe in slot 3 why have I been doing this to myself

thanks for the tip kind goon

S.J.
May 19, 2008

lagidnam posted:

I just realized that you can burn of the instant kill mark Childe puts on you by running into the arena border. Only took me like 5 or 6 weeks....

Just parry it

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I did a bunch of farming for fire witch artifact and could not get a single drat hourglass to drop. I have a 5* gladiator goblet with Pyro Damage on it so this is the one slot I need for the 4-piece bonus damnit. :argh:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

awesmoe posted:

Thats not been my experience - I've found weapon domains to be one of the less stingy things in the game. It took me ~160 resin per weapon to get the mats needed to go from 80->90 which makes it the fastest part of AR50 by a lot.

3 blue/2 green is definitely the minimum but you should also get at least one purple something like 40% of the time.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

zgrowler2 posted:

ah gently caress my slot 1 is Klee, ffs I have Childe in slot 3 why have I been doing this to myself

thanks for the tip kind goon

I set up a travel team after I got the liyue treasure finder. bennett would probably be better than beidou because he covers claymore and pyro, but I was stupid and didn't buy him

S.J.
May 19, 2008

padijun posted:

I set up a travel team after I got the liyue treasure finder. bennett would probably be better than beidou because he covers claymore and pyro, but I was stupid and didn't buy him

Bennet is sword, not claymore, fwiw

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Bennett isn't a claymore. Xinyan is though

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

S.J. posted:

Bennet is sword, not claymore, fwiw

thanks, I feel 3% less bad about not having him now

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Weapons feel the least painful to level in general. Ascending them to 6 is only 45k Mora, the domains don't need to be done as much as talents, and exp is farmable without resin.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
But weapons also have the worst domain in the game in Cecilia Garden and the slowing water status.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Weapons feel the least painful to level in general. Ascending them to 6 is only 45k Mora, the domains don't need to be done as much as talents, and exp is farmable without resin.

The weapon exp farm is a long daily grind if you try to hit the cap every day though.
You can craft at most 30k xp worth of enhancement crystals, which is 30 of the 3* ones or 120 crystal ore. You get 21-24 ore for free each day from expeditions but that means you still have to run around the map and hit about 100 rocks every single day.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I did a bunch of farming for fire witch artifact and could not get a single drat hourglass to drop. I have a 5* gladiator goblet with Pyro Damage on it so this is the one slot I need for the 4-piece bonus damnit. :argh:

Hello, me from about a week ago.

I finally got one with atk and now I have way too much crit rate so its time to farm for a CD hat! Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yeah uh... I think that's where all my luck went.

Somewhat lovely substat rolls but who cares.