Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

4 points and 2, 2! goals in their last 8 matches in the League.

I like the advanced stat of our having more foul throws (5) than league goals (4) since the start of october, it's so absurd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Pretty amazing how Arsenal can completely fall apart every winter. Even being absolute dogshit before winter doesn’t prevent it.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

sourdough posted:

I like the advanced stat of our having more foul throws (5) than league goals (4) since the start of october, it's so absurd

Please cite that source

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Please cite that source

Random tweet. I can't actually find foul throws tracked anywhere, but here's squawka talking about Bellerin being responsible for all 5 lol but two against liverpool so maybe the stat is actually 5 of each going back to the end of september

And goals

sourdough fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 14, 2020

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Talking of Arsenal, what’s the record number of January transfers for one team? On a similar note, what’s the record number of players having their contracts paid off so they leave early?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Total Meatlove posted:

Talking of Arsenal, what’s the record number of January transfers for one team? On a similar note, what’s the record number of players having their contracts paid off so they leave early?

Lol footballers don't get their contracts paid off early.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Aubemayang stopping giving a poo poo immediately after getting a new contract is incredibly hilarious.

Also great job signing Willian on mega dollars

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Aubemayang stopping giving a poo poo immediately after getting a new contract is incredibly hilarious.

Also great job signing Willian on mega dollars

There does seem to be a pattern with players who come from the french league - look at West Ham’s troubles with Payet just... stopping bothering, moping about the pitch and wandering off home in the middle of a season, after looking like a magician the previous season.

Willian is just such a bizarre signing for a big club, and I can’t believe it’s one Arteta was on board with. Same for Luiz, and extending him. Garbage player.

Having a director of football to provide continuity and sanity between managers is *an idea*, but having a manager with no say in transfers & re-signings is stupid.

They seem to have had a random assortment of non-footballing foreign-named guys involved in the back room, none of whom I’ve heard of, most of which they’ve fired recently.

Edu as technical director seems a slightly odd choice, he’s clearly an accomplished footballer, but hasn’t managed anywhere, so I’m not sure what he brings in particular, or why he’d know better about building a squad than any other ex pro, or you know, the actual manager.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wooger posted:

There does seem to be a pattern with players who come from the french league - look at West Ham’s troubles with Payet just... stopping bothering, moping about the pitch and wandering off home in the middle of a season, after looking like a magician the previous season.

Willian is just such a bizarre signing for a big club, and I can’t believe it’s one Arteta was on board with. Same for Luiz, and extending him. Garbage player.

Having a director of football to provide continuity and sanity between managers is *an idea*, but having a manager with no say in transfers & re-signings is stupid.

They seem to have had a random assortment of non-footballing foreign-named guys involved in the back room, none of whom I’ve heard of, most of which they’ve fired recently.

Edu as technical director seems a slightly odd choice, he’s clearly an accomplished footballer, but hasn’t managed anywhere, so I’m not sure what he brings in particular, or why he’d know better about building a squad than any other ex pro, or you know, the actual manager.

Arteta’s system has made both Lacazette and Aubameyang look wretched, so I’m more apt to blame Arteta than them for whatever is going on with Arsenal’s attack. Also Auba has been out of the French league for quite a long time now and has never really had any issues with his on the field performance.

The carousel of executives with seemingly random titles and constant power struggles is certainly worrying, though. It gives the impression that the Kroenkes don’t know what they’re doing (they don’t) and are getting taken advantage of by glitzy football people with bridges to sell them. I half expect Sven and ‘Arry to show up in the off-season. It also explains why Arsenal seem to consistently make poor transfer decisions since there’s no real plan, just a bunch of sharks jockeying for short term positions.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

blue footed boobie posted:

Arteta’s system has made both Lacazette and Aubameyang look wretched, so I’m more apt to blame Arteta than them for whatever is going on with Arsenal’s attack. Also Auba has been out of the French league for quite a long time now and has never really had any issues with his on the field performance.

The carousel of executives with seemingly random titles and constant power struggles is certainly worrying, though. It gives the impression that the Kroenkes don’t know what they’re doing (they don’t) and are getting taken advantage of by glitzy football people with bridges to sell them. I half expect Sven and ‘Arry to show up in the off-season. It also explains why Arsenal seem to consistently make poor transfer decisions since there’s no real plan, just a bunch of sharks jockeying for short term positions.

Just the number of currently injured players with long-term injury history they seem happy to sign is weird. Like they haven’t been burned enough.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Newcastle paid off the last 6 months of Ki’s contract in January

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Maybe not a full pay off, but there are times when clubs will settle with a player to get them off the books early. I believe Manchester United did that for Alexis Sanchez and Barcelona did it for Luis Suarez.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Eric Cantonese posted:

Maybe not a full pay off, but there are times when clubs will settle with a player to get them off the books early. I believe Manchester United did that for Alexis Sanchez and Barcelona did it for Luis Suarez.

I was going to mention Jack Wilshere but then remembered we were talking about footballers not the most overpaid Instagram prank account on the internet.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

wooger posted:

Also describes 90% of Newcastle's transfer business in the last decade. Gaslit by a gallic chad every week like a provincial teen on her first interrailing trip

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Al2001 posted:

Also describes 90% of Newcastle's transfer business in the last decade. Gaslit by a gallic chad every week like a provincial teen on her first interrailing trip

Luckily Carr is gone but yet Saivet remains

And all those French transfers were mostly in 2012 if you want to feel old

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Florian Thauvin now tearing up ligue 1 at OM

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Thauvin had one good game against Northampton in the LC then promptly went back to poo poo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea paid off Tom Carroll and a couple of youth players who were given extensions by Huw Jenkins right before he was sacked.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
DAZN doesn't allow VPN connections anymore, loving boooooooooooo 👎

back to illegal streams it is i suppose, well done.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Chels.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
lmao

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
2 passes lol

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

lol Chelsea

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Wolves were good and also should probably have had another couple yellows from cynical fouls

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

That was a really entertaining second half.

Depressed lampard shot at the end :discourse:

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Carrier
May 12, 2009

chelshit

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
we all love when City remember how to score

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

hell yeah WBA

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol that deflection

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Best Brom IMO

Hope the Slav can turn things around

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
a good 70 mins so far.

Get hosed, ref.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 15, 2020

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

pik_d posted:

we all love when City remember how to score

would love it more if they remembered again

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Prime Pep meltdown right now.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

manchester lovely

Carrier
May 12, 2009

baggies goalie was on a mad one though

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Season so far reminds me of the Leicester season except without a Leicester

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Carrier posted:

manchester lovely

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
With this run of tedious draws Pep is revealing his true nature as Spanish Stuart Pearce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Carrier posted:

baggies goalie was on a mad one though

In that it was taken off Ajai and marked as an OG.