Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

C-Euro posted:

IIRC it was made by the Pale King to gather up and preserve the various creatures of Hallownest when the Infection was beginning to spread. There's a hidden room in the White Palace that's clearly the room where the Collector was created.

that workshop is for the Kingsmoulds, which are basically Collectors locked into shiny white armor. the Collector is armor-free and considerably more loopy, so while he's probably still a creation of the King it's hard to tell whether he was a deliberate one or a reject that somehow got out on his own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

People seem convinced this is a Silksong tease

https://twitter.com/itsJenSim/status/1338072812720939008?s=20

Edit: and apparently one of the Team Cherry developers is promoting the Nintendo showcase

https://twitter.com/mossbag69/status/1338509691014402050?s=20

morestuff fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 14, 2020

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm not strong enough to keep doing this

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

I've seen what happened to the Elden Ring fanbase. I can't go down this road.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I mean it's more likely just new video/details than a surprise release but that's also nice

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i dunno why anyone would expect a release or imminent release date, out of literally everything

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 14, 2020

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I’m just hoping for any info at all.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

i dunno why anyone would expect a release of imminent release date, out of literally everything

They did a surprise release on Switch for HK

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I'd be happy with a release date, or even an intended release quarter. Just give me anything!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm not going to believe that this, the first Indie World I can't fully watch live, is going to be the one with Silksong

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

morestuff posted:

They did a surprise release on Switch for HK

i mean, yeah, but a surprise release for a game that was already out on another platform is something more expected than a surprise release of an unreleased game we've had no notable news on for like a year

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

i mean, yeah, but a surprise release for a game that was already out on another platform is something more expected than a surprise release of an unreleased game we've had no notable news on for like a year

Yes, which is why that seems unlikely

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Oh hey cool, a Hollow Knight thread. I've been posting about this in the PS4 thread. I'm currently battering my way through this fantastic game. I've unlocked a bunch of stuff, found cool abilities, fought and killed some bosses, upgraded my weapons and charms, and so on.

But last night, something happened that made me swear very loudly.

That absolute fucker stole my geo. What an absolute FUCKER. I want to run into that absolute fucker again and kill the hell out of them so I can get back my geo.

I know it's not a big deal, I'm rolling in cash, it's the loving principal of the thing.

I'm pretty sure literal steam was spewing from my ears when this happened.

Lucas Archer fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 14, 2020

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Lucas Archer posted:

Oh hey cool, a Hollow Knight thread. I've been posting about this in the PS4 thread. I'm currently battering my way through this fantastic game. I've unlocked a bunch of stuff, found cool abilities, fought and killed some bosses, upgraded my weapons and charms, and so on.

That absolute fucker stole my geo. What an absolute FUCKER. I want to run into that absolute fucker again and kill the hell out of them so I can get back my geo.

I know it's not a big deal, I'm rolling in cash, it's the loving principal of the thing.

I'm pretty sure literal steam was spewing from my ear when this happened.

Where else might you find steam in this game?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

i dunno why anyone would expect a release or imminent release date, out of literally everything

Probably because some jokers have been spreading lies in this thread about its release (tomorrow?). Anyways, it's not funny and I've contacted the moderators.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's out in two days.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

C-Euro posted:

Where else might you find steam in this game?

Water... vapour? :razz:

If all we get is a next-summer projected release date I'll be happy with that. All I really want, other than to play the game eventually of course, is a rough indication of how long the wait might be.

If we get a surprise release TOMORROW! I'm totally shelving my cyberpunk playthrough though. Yeah, that's definitely what they're going to do. I'm so excited!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just took the rest of the week off so I can play Silksong

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
I really hope I wake up to Silksong news tomorrow.

fake edit: actually Ill be awake at 6am...let us hope

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

HMS Beagle posted:

I've seen what happened to the Elden Ring fanbase. I can't go down this road.

What fan base? A rumored game can't have a fan base.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I bought a ryzen 5900, an Nvidia 3800, an asus ROG crosshair VIII, 32 gigs of RAM, a 950w PSU, a Valve Index and a 2TB m2 SSD for Silksong to be installed on. I want to play this game in the best possible way, with parallex scrolling enabled on ultra, with futureproofing for possible DLCs down the road.

If this game doesn't make my meaningful choices feel like actually living in a bug kingdom while being able to interact with every other player in real-time fidelity I'm going to grind my PC into particles, re-fashion it into an effigy of the Team Cherry Team, and stab those little bug-drawing golems through their tiny-little black effigy-hearts with a pair of knitting needles while chanting voodoo prayers and eating fennel. Then I'm going to

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Reminds me of Fable.

This is why I stay far away from any game's Hype Train. Nothing ever lives up to what gets built up in your head.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lucas Archer posted:

I'm pretty sure literal steam was spewing from my ears when this happened.

One of my favourite swerves in the game. (if you want to remain 100% unspoiled, don't mouse over this)

They're somewhere. Keep looking.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Did they release it yet?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
Edge staff have been very very strongly hinting that they're covering Silksong in the next issue. even if there's no news in the indie direct, there's finally going to be news in a few weeks at most

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

lih posted:

Edge staff have been very very strongly hinting that they're covering Silksong in the next issue. even if there's no news in the indie direct, there's finally going to be news in a few weeks at most

Since Team Cherry marketing guy retweeted the Indie Direct announcement, I'm gonna say we'll get a trailer and a release date or window today.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just want to throw my money at the Australian bug-drawing men.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I hope this Direct reveals that you can kiss the bugs in this game.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I just want to buy this game on every platform I can. Take my money.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

RC Cola posted:

I just want to buy this game on every platform I can. Take my money.

If they do a staggered console release again I'm going to have to dust off my Switch

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
They are saving it for the end...

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

not a bot posted:

Since Team Cherry marketing guy retweeted the Indie Direct announcement, I'm gonna say we'll get a trailer and a release date or window today.

He did the same for the last one and there was nothing

E: RIP

They saved the surprise for Among us...

NoMas fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 15, 2020

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I am betrayed

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
lol

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

RC Cola posted:

I am betrayed

Fool me once, etc.

We're all fools in here.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

not a bot posted:

Sus.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Johnny Joestar posted:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gently caress

GAS THIS THREAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I had a feeling. I wanted it to be real but I guess Among Us on more consoles is cool