Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

dragonshardz posted:

I'm not actually a gun nerd, I just like an old and kind of crusty videogame series with realistic gunplay...

The STALKER games, for all their Eurojank, are really good!

Ive put more hours into STALKER games/mods than Destiny 2 i think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

the super saiyan emote now loops so that you can power up infinitely! Wish it had some sort of sound effect on it though; It's definitely weird how some emotes and sounds and others don't.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

hiddenriverninja posted:

the super saiyan emote now loops so that you can power up infinitely! Wish it had some sort of sound effect on it though; It's definitely weird how some emotes and sounds and others don't.

you’re telling me 1. There’s a super saiyan emote and 2. It doesn’t scream??

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Sex Hobbit posted:

you’re telling me 1. There’s a super saiyan emote and 2. It doesn’t scream??

If Bungie added an emote that made your guardian constantly scream while emoting it would be the absolute worst thing they could add to that cash shop and I would buy it immediately.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
For anyone that doesn't already know, using the sweeping emote and then immediately switching to a dance emote has your guardian carry the broom in their dance for a while. Especially good with "dancehall".

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Also if you cancel from the dj emote to a dance the beat will continue indefinitely so you can dance to your own beat.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

my buddy Superfly posted:

If Bungie added an emote that made your guardian constantly scream while emoting it would be the absolute worst thing they could add to that cash shop and I would buy it immediately.

It's the one thing I'd actually spend money on

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lord Awkward posted:

For anyone that doesn't already know, using the sweeping emote and then immediately switching to a dance emote has your guardian carry the broom in their dance for a while. Especially good with "dancehall".
You can do that with the pyrrhic victory emote from the rock, and it looks like your character is dancing with glowsticks. I use excited dance.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Lord Awkward posted:

It also works with the popcorn emote, at least with twisty dance

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

My first couple of Crucible matches went as well as expected: with me getting constantly owned by people with a higher Season Rank and better gear than me. How is PvP balanced to take that into account?

I'm still scratching my head about how Bungie jettisoned the main campaign. I'm not quite sure if I want to invest more money into the expansions yet and what's available to free-to-play players is very slim. I see the expansions are on sale right now; maybe I'll pick up Shadowkeep and see where it goes from there, I don't know. How often do these sales happen?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Season rank is kind of meaningless (it's just an indication of how much you've grinded this season) and gear doesn't create that much variance outside of Iron Banner.

That said it's very lol they have "competitive" modes in a game with random loot.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The "godrolls" that we fixate on are really just about eking that extra 5-10% of goodness out of a gun. Great players can run the show with green or blue weapons. Also the most competitive loot in the game is fixed roll so there's never a need to cry foul that someone is unfairly beating you because they have a Real Good Gun

The most valid criticism is that it's p2p so every player interaction is fudged a bit from the start

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khvostovs only

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Grimthwacker posted:

My first couple of Crucible matches went as well as expected: with me getting constantly owned by people with a higher Season Rank and better gear than me. How is PvP balanced to take that into account?
other posters have gone over this already but PvP does not take Season Rank into account outside of a handful of special modes (Iron Banner, Trials of Osiris). i know multiple people who swear up and down on the efficacy of blues as crucible workhorses; you can very easily rock crucible with "trash" guns - the most important thing for PvP is finding a gun that feels comfortable to use, regardless of rarity.

quote:

I'm still scratching my head about how Bungie jettisoned the main campaign. I'm not quite sure if I want to invest more money into the expansions yet and what's available to free-to-play players is very slim. I see the expansions are on sale right now; maybe I'll pick up Shadowkeep and see where it goes from there, I don't know. How often do these sales happen?

the issue with the previous expansions is that all of the gear that they offer is sunset, making them not great uses of money unless you're aiming for specific exotics. in terms of gameplay, forsaken and shadowkeep are decent enough campaigns and they have a couple fun missions.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
poo poo-tastic trying to play this tonight. Every time we finished something one of us would get kicked from the fireteam and then get the message it was full when trying to rejoin.

At one point it kicked someone at the tower and then announced that everywhere was too full for them to join us back regardless of where we went.

Can we get a fireteam waiting room for the PvP stuff pretty please, just a virtual holding pen? So when we're sitting in orbit wondering why the gently caress someone has been kicked off again they don't get the message they can't rejoin because we're in orbit... Ugh.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
Is anyone else having troubles logging in? After whatever maintenance they did I've not error code Chicken and nothing seems to be working.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Grimthwacker posted:

How is PvP balanced to take that into account?

Depending on which mode you're in, the answer is either:

1. It's not, get hosed
2. Light Level/Season Rank don't affect incoming or outgoing damage, however, your connection is fastest to these turbosweats so get hosed
3. Above, but it's using SBMM and the game thinks you are a lot better than you actually are, so enjoy being meat for turbosweats.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Grimthwacker posted:

Expansion sales happen pretty often, and this is the cheapest they've ever been, but at the same time a lot of people have complained that Shadowkeep & Forsaken should have become part of the F2P experience since their associated loot is no longer relevant (aside from exotics). As far as their value, they provide several hours of single-player campaigns that are similar to what you find in the Strikes playlist, although none of it should be especially challenging given how low their Light Levels are compared to the new minimum Light Level.

Once you finish the campaigns, the game will mostly return to the same experience you have now, with the exception that The Moon, Tangled Shore, and Dreaming City will have more stuff unlocked for you to interact with (in terms of bounties, Triumphs, and sunset loot). It won't provide any change to Crucible, Gambit, or Strikes playlist (other than the ability to participate in Nightfall Strikes that are tied to the expansions).

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Khvostovs only
Slappers only, no oddjob

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The "godrolls" that we fixate on are really just about eking that extra 5-10% of goodness out of a gun. Great players can run the show with green or blue weapons. Also the most competitive loot in the game is fixed roll so there's never a need to cry foul that someone is unfairly beating you because they have a Real Good Gun

The most valid criticism is that it's p2p so every player interaction is fudged a bit from the start

Speaking of p2p, is there a way to get from Moderate to Open NAT that doesn't involve loving around opening ports on a router? I thought UPnP was supposed to do this poo poo

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
the bonus levels from season artifact don't even get factored in for iron banner/trials, those are purely based off your gear levels.

although occasionally in iron banner it'll give the artifact levels to a lucky player or two

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Someone a while back posted a good Falling Guillotine roll, what was it?

Also, who's the least worst Destiny 2 Youtuber to get a tier list of exotics from?

edit: vvvvv Thank you.

life_source fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 15, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Whirlwind Blade is the must have perk, and relentless strikes is very good too.

The perk that gives +Impact at the cost of ammo is best, but any perk that gives more impact is good

Guard perk doesn't matter

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

life_source posted:

Someone a while back posted a good Falling Guillotine roll, what was it?

Also, who's the least worst Destiny 2 Youtuber to get a tier list of exotics from?

Jagged Edge / Whirlwind Blade / Relentless was the one I got that was considered really good, as whirlwind buffs, relentless gives you ammo for repeated strikes, and using the guard on a sword is kinda dumb anyway.

Though nowadays we just use Lament.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

J.A.B.C. posted:

Though nowadays we just use Lament.

Not for F2P scum like me!

I just picked up a Relentless/Whirlwind that I'm glad I didn't immediately junk because I half remembered something from the thread.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Grimthwacker posted:

Are you doing the big green "Iron Banner" playlist? That's Light Level Enabled, which means higher level people deal more damage to lower level people. It's an event that happens every month, and lasts a week, so don't worry, it's not permanent, nor is it a primary mode.

Outside of that (and Trials), PVP is normalized, which means that everyone does the same amount of damage and takes the same amount of damage. Your head clicking skill is all that matters in normal pvp. Matchmaking tries to get you matches with the best connections to everyone, but haha that rarely happens.

As for your expansion question, I believe all 3 expansions and the current season are on sale as a package deal for less than the cost of the current expansion until tomorrow (https://store.steampowered.com/sub/514915/). That's probably the best deal you can get right now. If you are just going to pick one, I suggest Beyond Light since it's the most current of content.

EDIT: lemme rephrase. This is the best deal on Destiny expansions I've seen Bungie do. Current content rarely, if ever, goes on sale.

RocketRaygun fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 15, 2020

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

my buddy Superfly posted:

This and it's the scream Sam Neil made from Event Horizon when he wakes up in the sleeping pod, on loop.

Specifically this bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM6rtL_bOto

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This was definitely a lot of people's first Iron Banner!!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RemoteSkeletalAmericanratsnake-mobile.mp4

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Whirlwind Blade is the must have perk, and relentless strikes is very good too.

The perk that gives +Impact at the cost of ammo is best, but any perk that gives more impact is good

Dont underestimate the charge rate from Swordmaster, having a charged sword melee more often is pretty nice (espeically if you rolled ammo on powered kill in 3rd slot)

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Dont underestimate the charge rate from Swordmaster, having a charged sword melee more often is pretty nice (espeically if you rolled ammo on powered kill in 3rd slot)
Lucent Blade often helps a great deal with sword energy regen - it's why Burst Guard is one of the best options for swords. It's not that it blocks particularly well, it's just a faster regen to make the heavy attacks more frequent.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

https://files.catbox.moe/dk9wre.mp4

Normal Sparrow physics

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.

...mythoclastic loop: Hold L2 to boost your sparrow into an infinite tuck-and-roll, bending space and time like some kind of...

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don’t you want Swordmaster’s Guard on FG for the faster heavy attack charge rate?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Will Xur sell Xenophage at this point or will I still need to do the quest for it?

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.

RBA Starblade posted:

Will Xur sell Xenophage at this point or will I still need to do the quest for it?

Xur only sells random world drop exotics. Kiosk is for weapons that had a quest/raid on now-vaulted locations. Any quest or raid weapons with un-vaulted locations (Xeno), you still have to run the content for.

E: should add there’s an out-of-bounds cheese that takes you all the way to the final encounter of the quest without facing any enemies, and also glitches the boss fight so you can die and respawn to continue the fight.

E2: has been patched

Doc Mave fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 15, 2020

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Pirate Jet posted:

Don’t you want Swordmaster’s Guard on FG for the faster heavy attack charge rate?

Yes. GGGC is Extremely Wrong™ about Guard Perk not mattering.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Happy space xmas.

Event fusion looks decent, I guess? it's no Loaded Question.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Doc Mave posted:

Xur only sells random world drop exotics. Kiosk is for weapons that had a quest/raid on now-vaulted locations. Any quest or raid weapons with un-vaulted locations (Xeno), you still have to run the content for.

E: should add there’s an out-of-bounds cheese that takes you all the way to the final encounter of the quest without facing any enemies, and also glitches the boss fight so you can die and respawn to continue the fight.

Cool lol, I want to do the quest but wasn't sure what moved over to Xur by now

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pirate Jet posted:

Lol I never read the patch notes about swords when they added Energy to them. I had no idea this was a thing!

Order of importance is still

Whirlwind (into the trash if you don't have it)
Relentless strikes
The +4 impact blade
High charge rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Doc Mave posted:

Just FYI the out of bounds glitch was patched with BLight.. It locks you out at the Ogre section now.