Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

the prequels are good dumbass

ep2 is a real lowpoint but the clone planet is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
pretending to like the prequels is quite the gimmick I’ll give you that

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
James Cameron - Michelle Obama 2024

George Lucas Secretary of State

🇺🇸

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the prequels are bad, and i didn't need youtube to tell me that.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

pretending to like the prequels is quite the gimmick I’ll give you that

all respect to jack allison and leslie lee iii for their pioneering work in this field

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/isgoodrum/status/1338497472780374018?s=19

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

i wanna make it (wit chu)

Pirate Jet posted:

like many things cth the avatar episode is a sincere position and the irony comes from refusing to acknowledge that their position is odd considering the circles they roll in

if anything what’s truly sad about it is that the internet sees three men enjoying an immensely popular film and has to second guess themselves on whether it’s real or not

also, they were all ridiculously baked at the start of the episode. their uninhibited joy and conviction about the film coincided with the giggles portion of their weed thoughts. relax everyone it’s just a podcast.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I want Han Solo to be a lizard.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

and I’m sorry but district 9 is a terrible movie

It has like 40 minutes straight of capitalist foreign exploitationists (the Nigerians) and loving Seth Effriken merc scumbags being owned via exploding heads. gently caress YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Either get Jimmy Dore on Chapo or get Chapo on Jimmy Dore, I dont care which it is.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

didn't the sequels pull out what George Lucas wanted in the first place, like the Starkiller Base and that one cool guy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have never watched the star wars prequels. These arguments slide off me

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

entertainment for literal babies and a way to sell toys

Serf
May 5, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

all respect to jack allison and leslie lee iii for their pioneering work in this field

they're sincere, and mere pale imitators of smg

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

bedpan posted:

entertainment for literal babies and a way to sell toys

i'd say read a book but

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Hooplah posted:

i'd say read a book but

:ssj:

the Fictions of Borges is one of my favorite anthologies, hands down

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Hooplah posted:

i'd say read a book but

:guillotine:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i've been dorepilled

living vicariously through him yelling "gently caress OFF" at Matt Stoller

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Crane Fist posted:

They open the latest ep by saying "the avatar thing was absolutely NOT a bit, we meant all of it" so yeah

So totally a bit.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Crane Fist posted:

They open the latest ep by saying "the avatar thing was absolutely NOT a bit, we meant all of it" so yeah

they said the exact same thing before saying it would be good for Trump to pardon Assange, Mumia, and Peltier.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Jimmy says he was joking but Bri looks like she left her body for a minute lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

All the DC ghouls should be heckled like this anytime they go on TV, a podcast, or anything else.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the new TrueAnon is great

Ed Opperman is wild

extremely funny that Roger Stone thinks Kellyanne Conway is CIA. even funnier that it seems possible.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

AnEdgelord posted:

Either get Jimmy Dore on Chapo or get Chapo on Jimmy Dore, I dont care which it is.

Will he do seth rich conspiracies or talk about his love for terfsie gabbard

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
shidep zergmen

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Wolfsheim posted:

OT is vietnam and PT literally names one of the villains newt gingrich

ST is unintentionally about how art is meaningless under fascism

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/941809620036722688

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

Jimmy Dore owns, I am glad I found his youtube channel when I did.

The Rolling Stone interview is loving awesome.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Doc Hawkins posted:

i've never seen a human being sell it as hard as bugmane in those premium eps

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hooplah posted:

i'd say read a book but

Why is it all short story collections?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Serf posted:

they're sincere, and mere pale imitators of smg

true, "the prequels are actually great" is a dim echo of "twilight is actually great"

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i dont think the prequels are good but the good parts of them are all the stupid poo poo, bad cgi, racist aliens etc and not the political subtext thats only there in really broad strokes and sources external to the text

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i like the shiny ship the princess had in episode 1

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yo ghost you're the person itt who might actually know this: there's a public figure in my country who's known to have been a CIA informant way back in the post-war years, but there's no indication in the released documents that he was paid or did further work for them except be an intelligence asset. dude is now dead, but this is something which has been digging at me a little

1: if he had a further role, would that be available information under e.g. FOIA laws?

2: if yes, how would one go about trying to get such information released?

3: if no, are such files automatically declassified? roughly what kind of stuff is exempt, if any, from declassification?

the man in question is haakon lie, who was a *tremendously* powerful figure in the post-war norwegian labour movement and thus in the country. his official biographer dug into some records back in 2009 and found him as an informant, but it'd be interesting to see if there's more to it

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i don't know anything about haakon lie or norwegian politics, but how much could there be if his official biographer (working with him directly before he died, or with his estate?) was willing to release this kind of info? if there was something spicy to this, would the biographer actually have been allowed to publish it?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i think it all depends on what he may or may not have done for them if he had a bigger role. they may have let it slip that he was an informant as the ol limited hangout. problem is they make up a lot of the rules as they go along. so for example ruth smeeth MP here was designated "strictly protect" in a CIA memo but nobody is quite sure what that means. informant? asset? or just a one time source of insider gossip? we don't know, we'll probably never know. and something that small time still only came out because wikileaks leaked it.

i would imagine if he was running something messed up like a hit squad or a blackmail ring you'll never ever get them to cop to that. if he was snitching out people who ended up doing time or losing their job, finding that out may depend on how open to lawsuits that could leave his handlers or whoever (which could also then trigger a lot of other secrets coming out).

i think the FOIA procedure would change on the country. if you can hit the CIA with one then you'll know you're onto something if they get back and say something weird and vague like "we can neither confirm nor deny he had a larger role". but again you will likely never find out more than that. what other stuff do you think he may have done?

automatic declassification tends to happen after say 20, 30 years in britain, idk about the US or norway. and again, it still depends on how politically sensitive declassifying something may be, how many people affected are still around etc. they're real cowboy outfits at the end of the day.

was this helpful at all lol i feel like it's just paragraphs of not much.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
the Star Wars prequels, and in particular episode one, were the best because I was 10 when the first one came out and my mom bought me lego pod racers

if you have a more advanced opinion than that, that’s on you

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

way stricter in the US; 50 years for declassification, but living informants and sources as well as directions on WMDs are exempt forever iirc

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

the Star Wars prequels, and in particular episode one, were the best because I was 10 when the first one came out and my mom bought me lego pod racers

if you have a more advanced opinion than that, that’s on you

the climax of phantom menace is the best lightsaber fight in the entire series and i don't even like darth maul

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

i say swears online posted:

the climax of phantom menace is the best lightsaber fight in the entire series and i don't even like darth maul

Its a terrible fight. They just swing light swords at each other for several minutes, accomplishing nothing, until they get to the forcefield hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

Setting the bar so low you have to dig a hole for it