Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

i want to be in frontlines in my borrrasque :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

i want to be in frontlines in my borrrasque :(

I had a lot of fun in frontlines in the SU-130.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Basically the only tank I found fun for Frontlines was the SU-130pm. My other options were ruskie arty and the italian medium non-premium.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I think this is the most XP I've ever got from a single battle.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I know it's frowned upon to just drown/leave/Alt-F4 mid-game but holy loving Christ when 13/15 tanks go to one flank and hide in a corner, I'm loving off back into the real world before I break something.

Call me what you want. Do your worst.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
LT-432 is the advent calendar item of the day.

Get.That.Tank.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Get.That.Tank.

Deffo gonna pick this one up. Had my rear end handed to me more than once by these fuckers in Frontlines.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Mesadoram posted:

Get.That.Tank.

Yoinkkkk

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Finally grabbed some boxes. No gsor (which I was hoping for) or heavy spaghetti, but the 152K, a pile of gold, and all the new skins did show up. Plus the new sherman to put on the sherman pile!

Mesadoram posted:

Get.That.Tank.

Gonna grab the 5Xs for the one I already have. Hell yeah.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I know it's frowned upon to just drown/leave/Alt-F4 mid-game but holy loving Christ when 13/15 tanks go to one flank and hide in a corner, I'm loving off back into the real world before I break something.

I've started deserting games recently, too. I think I've just been playing it way too much lately. I was never someone who never did it, but when the losing streaks start and my team shits the bed in the first 2 mins of a game; It's hard to maintain chill. I think what gets me tilted the most is when I'm grinding stock tanks and just trying to get that first win xp bonus for the day and RNG just won't put me on a team that can carry me even 1 game out of 5.

Best part of the LT-432 is ramming EBRs doing dance moves in the open field and sending them back to the garage.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 12, 2020

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Going to install a turbo on mine. Gotta go faster!

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Mesadoram posted:

If it makes you feel any better, the T54E1 is better than it used to be. Which is not saying much. When it first came out it was a loving monster, but power creep smacked it down hard.

When it first came out for alpha and beta testers, or when Wargaming broke their promise and decided to sell it?

This is the one of the reasons I stop playing Wargaming titles. Unfortunately, someone always talks me into coming back.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

The matches are so bad and the matchmaker so lopsided I do it all the time now. Especially when the game has every shot I do bounce off weakspots with the biggest guns in the game. That's if my shots don't just disappear. Hell, I've done a bunch live with people watching today. lmao

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I'm having an unbelievably bad session (still on-going, thanks booze-platoon!) where I just cannot deal any meaningful damage whatsoever. 800dmg in a 112 as top tier? What the gently caress is this bullshit?

TracerM17 posted:

I've started deserting games recently, too. I think I've just been playing it way too much lately. I was never someone who never did it, but when the losing streaks start and my team shits the bed in the first 2 mins of a game; It's hard to maintain chill. I think what gets me tilted the most is when I'm grinding stock tanks and just trying to get that first win xp bonus for the day and RNG just won't put me on a team that can carry me even 1 game out of 5.

Captain Blaargh posted:

The matches are so bad and the matchmaker so lopsided I do it all the time now. Especially when the game has every shot I do bounce off weakspots with the biggest guns in the game. That's if my shots don't just disappear. Hell, I've done a bunch live with people watching today. lmao
This is reassuring. Thank you.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
My first MoE was last week.

This week, I have MoE'd Standard B and IS-3, in addition to the previous KV-2

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I finally got a win on my Bisonte

At least the games where I lost I was bouncing shots off of hills and making people poo poo their pants. "Oh God new tank! Get em boys"!

*Gets shot by arty once*

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yeah, it honestly seems like the best way to get 'new' tanks is either wait 3-6 months until they're on sale for cash, or wait until next Christmas when they're for sale for gold during the next advent calendar.

That being said, WoT NA's 10th Anniversary is in April so :shrug: maybe they'll do another "Bazaar" or something.

They really need to get into the habit of putting up a tank or 3D style for gold every week, because gold is honestly pretty worthless otherwise.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
The E 75 TS and Object 703 will be in the advent calendar if the leaked list continues to be right, so if you didnt get it last year, you have a chance now. Also wondering about getting a Somua, over the Lorriane, since both are supposed to appear.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm just having a blast in my Pz. S35. Tier 3 all the waaaayyyyy.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Actual scientific footage of my Cruiser IV vs some berk's VK30.01P as it appeared out of loving nowhere in Ensk.

I loving HATE Ensk.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

TracerM17 posted:

Just got an ad in game saying people can buy it for 2 more days at the discounted price. Hope you waited on that decision.

I did see that they reintroduced the option to buy the bundle, reinforcing the notion that the sale ended prematurely and more than a few players were disgruntled.

No, I didn't wait (partially because I didn't know they were going to do this,) but am still more than happy with my decision, because I ended up with the tank for like $30 instead of the package with all the useless crap for $60 (I only had 2 stages completed.)

You know what man? He's right. You used to play with us long ago, and you quit this game, which is totally fine, but popping in this thread once in a while to say you still don't play anymore is pointless.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

McGavin posted:

If you think the KV-2 is good, you need to get a 183 mm TD.

What are some good examples? Looking for a new line to start soon.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The only new T8 premium I want is the GSOR, so it's probably not worth it to gamble on loot boxes with ~1% drop rates. Instead I'll hope that unlike previous years, they'll sell it on its own at some point.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
The shitbarn is a good start (FV4005 British TD)

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Made this for the discord. Enjoy.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

someone has to spread the good word and i think the prophet control volume is the man to do it

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
What's the point? Why are you guys so hellbent on making sure people read what you say and to not play this game? What's in it for you to shitpost constantly about this?

Seek therapy.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I see you guys on PC are finally catching up to console and turning your crews into single commanders. Welcome to the future!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Flayer posted:

I see you guys on PC are finally catching up to console and turning your crews into single commanders. Welcome to the future!

I am a bit confused by this. Im on PC and I am not sure what you mean by this.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitch.tv/ragebusket

Exciting tanks action with Captain Blargh.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
drat its cool that captain blargh looks exactly the way i imagined based on his voice

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

For context it's a mario game & watch I played while I waited for my S-51 to reload on Malinovka. Didn't move my tank at all after backing up into the woods right after round start.

We won.

I also beat several levels in SMB.

Gone Fashing posted:

drat its cool that captain blargh looks exactly the way i imagined based on his voice

lmao, glad I didn't disappoint.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 14, 2020

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
So stylish!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/hi7KMxq.mp4

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I wanted that STRV that's on sale today so despite my common sense, I bought 25 boxes.

Got a Bourrasque and that goofy french medium with the swedish turret, a t78, and something like 3 other low-tier tanks. Nearly 30d premium, and 13k gold.

Blows my previous 25 boxes clean out of the water.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to set up a french medium crew for those two tanks. I have exactly 0 crewmembers that fit that slot. My christmas crew went into a different tank. I guess I'll just pull in a rando 100% crew and start from scratch :-/

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

nice repeated forced penetrations

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Katamari Democracy posted:

I am a bit confused by this. Im on PC and I am not sure what you mean by this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ1kgsEv7Qk

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

And lastly, I guess the Italian heavies quietly slid outside of releasing in 2020 or have they explicitly said that somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The crew re-work is something that has been needed for a very very long time.

Also on an unrelated side note, never buy a chair without sitting in it first. I bought a secretlabs titan (first mistake as I am kind of short) and my back is on loving fire. $120 to return it to them.

Hard lesson learned :smith:.