Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

Does anyone have some recommendations for good RTS LPs (besides the ongoing C&C series, I've already watched those). I was thinking something like Age of Empires, that one Dune RTS, etc.

RoboKy and Coolguye are doing Dawn of War 1 and its expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Does anyone have some recommendations for good RTS LPs (besides the ongoing C&C series, I've already watched those). I was thinking something like Age of Empires, that one Dune RTS, etc.

Melth did a good Age of Mythology LP.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Badger of Basra posted:

Age of Mythology by Melth is nothing short of amazing. While unfinished when it comes to expansions, he did the entire main campaign and watching him break the game over his knee is extremely satisfying. Plus, sacking Troy without using the horse.

e: Forum ninjas!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Disappointing Pie posted:

I've been in a funk lately. Are there any fairly recent like the last few years funny group Let's Players around anymore? People that get along well, they don't have to be hilarious as long as they are having fun. I remember several groups I greatly enjoyed going on nearly probably ten years ago but it's hard to find a good group LP anymore.

I'm also a fan of team LPs. It's gotten so bad that I can't really go back to one man shows now most of the time.

ChipCheezum is still kicking and he just uploaded the next part of FF7 Remake today so that's back on schedule.

TheStrawhatNO are duo/trio LPers depending on scheduling Zelda, Sonic, Pikmin and Harvest Moon are their jam. But then you get a curveball like Legend of Grimrock 2 or Grow Home. And well, since they're not making anymore games of the franchise I guess the James Bond games kinda fizzled out as an expected LP genre for them.

Chorpsaway

FutureFriend

TheJayOfSpadeLP

Those three are all basically a group as well and each of them are doing wildly different games and tastes. Chorp does niche stuff I have never heard of like Hakaiou: King of Crusher and UNiSON: Rebels of Rhythm & Dance. But then there's Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm or Katamari Damacy.

FutureFriend is also kinda random. Kingdom Hearts, Final Fight Streetwise, Indigo Prophecy, The Bouncer.

Jay is a bit more consistent with platformer-ish stuff. Ape Escape, Astro Bot, the two Donkey Kong Country games, stuff like that.

If you were looking for bigger groups than two or three people then I'm sorry, I have once again wasted everyone's time.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
Now that the Committee of Zero has released a fan patch to fix the official localization's egregious errors (imagine mistranslating the name of the MC from the first game, lol), I'd like to request a Let's Play of Robotics;Notes ELITE.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Badger of Basra posted:

I did a Dark Crusade LP ages ago. Gimmick being that the thread decided which province I'd attack between each turn. Had lots of fun with that one. It's an SSLP, though, so ymmv.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I know it's a complete shot in the dark, but I'd love to see an informative LP of the God of War series, complete with trivia and knowledge of Greek and Norse mythology. I know that'd be a hell of an undertaking though.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Any good LPs of Death Stranding? Someone who doesn't talk over cutscenes and explains gameplay mechanics. I saw there was one being done here, but it looks like it's on hold.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Is there a good LP of Alien Isolation? I don't mind non-goon LPs, but there can't be shrieking or facecam.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

bony tony posted:

Is there a good LP of Alien Isolation? I don't mind non-goon LPs, but there can't be shrieking or facecam.

It's not archived anywhere, which is a shame, but there's this one which isn't half-bad IIRC.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

inscrutable horse posted:

It's not archived anywhere, which is a shame, but there's this one which isn't half-bad IIRC.

It's a quite good LP, I enjoyed following it.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Nothing on the archives, but I'm looking for a Beyond the Beyond LP because I enjoy human suffering

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Bellmaker posted:

Nothing on the archives, but I'm looking for a Beyond the Beyond LP because I enjoy human suffering

I could have sworn I remembered reading one once, so I went looking - anyway, it does exist, but it's by a dude who got permabanned for super gross reasons. So, uh, your call!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Also you need archives access.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Picayune posted:

I could have sworn I remembered reading one once, so I went looking - anyway, it does exist, but it's by a dude who got permabanned for super gross reasons. So, uh, your call!

Thanks, I'll wait for someone else I guess

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I've thought about doing it, but I don't really like ePSXe and my preferred emulator, PSXfin, doesn't like that game. I should really shop around for a new emulator

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sally posted:

I did a Dark Crusade LP ages ago. Gimmick being that the thread decided which province I'd attack between each turn. Had lots of fun with that one. It's an SSLP, though, so ymmv.

I had already read this but just read the whole thing again because it was so good.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013

Bellmaker posted:

A Raving Loon did a series of blind streams of beyond the beyond earlier this year that is on his youtube channel. Here is the link to the playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMthTW4vRq8Y74nPn2i2IjaKRpfUPscsi.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm going to throw a shout-out slash recommendation to Blastinus's take on Half-Life, even though it is still early going. But if you ever wanted a Sierra style dead-pan narrator guiding you through the encounters our hapless Gordon must experience, this seems to be it, and it is fantastic. Check it out!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Just popping in to plug Black August's -ZEN- [Hell End] LP here, which is an absolutely fantastic weird horror CYOA dressed in the slightly-melted skin of an obscure roguelike.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Badger of Basra posted:

I had already read this but just read the whole thing again because it was so good.

hell yah! i am glad you liked it. thanks! :cheers:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Is there a good SA/not SA The World Ends with You video LP? I don’t like the controls but everything else seems real cool so a video LP is best for me.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
thevoiceofdog and I did a stream of it some years ago, if that's good enough? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ie8i8BwKuE&list=PLXXoIQTYGkvbyPsILUjryFpMHGmu9v1W8

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

thevoiceofdog and I did a stream of it some years ago, if that's good enough? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ie8i8BwKuE&list=PLXXoIQTYGkvbyPsILUjryFpMHGmu9v1W8

That's perfect actually! I enjoy thevoiceofdog's streams\LPs so having a 2nd person to bounce off of is even better. :) Thank you.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Drashin posted:

A Raving Loon did a series of blind streams of beyond the beyond earlier this year that is on his youtube channel. Here is the link to the playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMthTW4vRq8Y74nPn2i2IjaKRpfUPscsi.

Thank you but I have already watched it, that was the reason I was looking for something more comprehensive/mechanic-laden as it's a Camelot game.

I'm sure there was a ton of easily missable stuff/even more baffling design choices in it.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 27, 2020

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Since it got an update to v5.2 recently, an LP of Streets of Rage Remake would be nice; it's one of the most impressive fan-games in general and seems to have a huge amount of content by this point. Would probably pretty much need to be a VLP, perhaps with a few screenshot parts for some of the minor options.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 3, 2020

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Factorio But you're only allowed to use thread-submitted blueprints.

gottagotowork
Jul 7, 2020

My friends and I have made a few Let's Plays just for fun. Most recently we started a Let's Play of Dark Forces II: Mysteries Of The Sith that we're on the final episode of.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a Let's Play that they think would work well with our format of doing LP's as a group? Or a particular LP you've been wanting to request that you think would suit our casual style?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

columborumble posted:

My friends and I have made a few Let's Plays just for fun. Most recently we started a Let's Play of Dark Forces II: Mysteries Of The Sith that we're on the final episode of.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a Let's Play that they think would work well with our format of doing LP's as a group? Or a particular LP you've been wanting to request that you think would suit our casual style?

I've never watched any of your videos and know nothing of your format. How about Takeshi’s Challenge or Lula 3D?

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Could anyone recommend me any informative videos LPs of older (1990s, early to mid-00s) FPS games? I've been watching a bit of Civvie11 on YouTube lately, he's not an LP'er, but it's made me want to watch more people be really knowledgeable about games like Blood and Unreal up to Deus Ex and NOLF.

Bobbin Threadbare's Deus Ex and Thief videos are perfect examples of what I'm looking for. Not terribly pedantic about the release timeframes, much more interested in completionist stuff/development history/etc.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Several Goblins posted:

Could anyone recommend me any informative videos LPs of older (1990s, early to mid-00s) FPS games? I've been watching a bit of Civvie11 on YouTube lately, he's not an LP'er, but it's made me want to watch more people be really knowledgeable about games like Blood and Unreal up to Deus Ex and NOLF.

Bobbin Threadbare's Deus Ex and Thief videos are perfect examples of what I'm looking for. Not terribly pedantic about the release timeframes, much more interested in completionist stuff/development history/etc.

Can't recommend enough the DOOM megathread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772902

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

This is perfect, thank you! I can't believe I entirely overlooked this thread.

If anyone has anymore recommendations for completionist/informative stuff in the same vein, feel free.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Several Goblins posted:

This is perfect, thank you! I can't believe I entirely overlooked this thread.

If anyone has anymore recommendations for completionist/informative stuff in the same vein, feel free.
Seconding the megathread recommendation; it also covers the other games in the Doom engine (Heretic, Hexen, Strife) as well as Quake, though the LP hasn't quite reached the latter yet.

I can also recommend the StrawHatNO's LPs of Doom, Doom II and Doom 64 (+ Lost Levels); they're going for 100% Secrets, so pretty much completionist.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Retracting this because I don't want to encourage people to buy a broken game from a bad company.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 17, 2020

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'd love to see some Star Ocean SSLPs. Any one is fine really, but I'd love to see 1-3 again since my every attempt to replay them fails since I really don't like how the games limit your party. Aware of Whitedragon's 2 LP, but it never hurts to have more, especially when its been over a decade and the series is probably dead.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
I've noticed that despite the fact that there's basically always a few adventure game LPs going these days, especially Sherlock Holmes was, for some reason basically nobody has done anything real with the Nancy Drew games, which are really quite good! As such, I'd like to request an LP of Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall, one of my personal favorites, even if it's just to get the idea out there.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I'd like to see LPs of Black and White or Black and White 2. There's one of the original on the LP Archive but it looks like the videos are of really rough quality so it's hard to make out what's going on in them.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

I'd like to see LPs of Black and White or Black and White 2. There's one of the original on the LP Archive but it looks like the videos are of really rough quality so it's hard to make out what's going on in them.

There is a good and comprehensive Pokemon White LP going on right now and I'm pretty sure they'll follow it up with B2/W2 when they're done with this one.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think OP is talking about the Peter Molyneux god-sim game not the Gen 5 Pokemon games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Both Black & White games are notoriously unstable and crash happy at the best of times, and as technology progresses, they become all the harder to keep running without a software engineering degree. So good luck to whoever takes that request.