Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Cross-posting from the PS5 thread:

Timotheous Venture posted:

Just an FYI to folks disappointed with the state this game shipped in: I requested a refund of the disc version from Amazon and they gave me my money back, no questions asked. And when I asked if they'd be e-mailing me a return label to ship it back they said that I can just keep it. So free Cyberpunk.

I used the Help > Need More Help > Contact Us live chat. They said I'd see the refund in 3-5 days:

Amazon Transcript posted:

Amazon Rep: Hello Timotheous Venture, my name is Preethi. I'll be glad to assist you today. I do understand your concern. No need to worry, I'll help you with this.
Me: The developer & publisher of this game, CD Project Red, issued a tweet today that they will be offering refunds on the game. They requested that customers first ask for a refund from the store where they bought it. I understand this likely does not conform to Amazon's usual policy for this type of item, so if you cannot issue the refund I 100% understand.
AR: Sure! I'll help you with the full refund.
Me: The developer tweet is here for reference: [linked to tweet]
AR: I've processed a refund of $54.31 to your Original Payment Method. You'll see the refund in the next 3-5 business days.
Me: Wow, that was incredibly fast. Thanks so much
AR: It's my pleasure assisting a valuable customer like you today. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me: Will you e-mail me a return label to send it back?
AR: You no need to return back the item. You're welcome to keep it with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Welcome back, Mr. Lady VG! How were the nuptials?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Timotheous Venture posted:

Cross-posting from the PS5 thread:

This is probably that person's first time requesting a refund on Amazon. Afaik the first time you ask for a refund (probably only for a reasonably inexpensive item) they will just refund you and tell you that you can keep it. After that they will expect you to send it back to them. I wouldn't assume this is some sort of gold standard for copies of CP2077

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Welcome back, Mr. Lady VG! How were the nuptials?

Truly wonderful and I am still a giggly besotted mess :3:
Now I have many weeks to play many games free of work and heck, I am going to keep going! Also completed Outer Worlds.

Next up Outer Wilds, SOMA, Dark Souls and Last Guardian.

I am a gaming machine!! :D

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ZeeBoi posted:

20 hours I think. Even if I had played only one minute they’d still deny the refund. They count the download as the factor for denying it.

Knowing how call centers work, I would assume that they're being very slow in telling the workers to give refunds for this specific game. CDPR just put out that message this morning.

It would be funny if they haven't actually talked to Sony though lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

This is probably that person's first time requesting a refund on Amazon. Afaik the first time you ask for a refund (probably only for a reasonably inexpensive item) they will just refund you and tell you that you can keep it. After that they will expect you to send it back to them. I wouldn't assume this is some sort of gold standard for copies of CP2077

Yeah I've gotten 3 refunds from Amazon and they never asked me to send it back, it's bizarre

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Simone Magus posted:

Yeah I've gotten 3 refunds from Amazon and they never asked me to send it back, it's bizarre

For a lot of items, it's cheaper to just eat the loss than pay to have it shipped back and have the return processed.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Jose Oquendo posted:

For a lot of items, it's cheaper to just eat the loss than pay to have it shipped back and have the return processed.

Oh I get that part, it's just funny that they explicitly say not to worry about it lol

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm planning to play Cyberpunk on PC but I'm still not touching it until at least that second big patch. Sounds like there are some common design complaints, like badly integrated RPG character development, that I'm hoping get addressed once the more glaring bugs are fixed. In the meantime I'm replaying Sekiro (NG) for the first time since launch, god drat I love this game. It's so satisfying to trash bosses that once gave me so much grief. I took down Gyoubu, Genichiro, and the purple fucker at the bottom of the well on first attempt :D Also I just started Yakuza 7, only like a couple hours in but I'm already loving the new turn-based combat system. I'm not gonna miss the old realtime combat at all. Can't wait to kick the plot into gear and start building out my party. And I'm thinking about picking up RDR2, sitting out Cyberpunk by finally playing the big oxygen-sucking release that I sat out a couple years ago has a nice symmetry to it. Lots of great non-cyberpunk gaming ahead!!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Quick question for anyone playing borderlands 3 still: is there a "most fun" class? I'm just starting and only looking to play casually, but I get decision paralysis with these games when it comes to class choice.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Akuma posted:

Is it? Other than agility/adaptability... what's the beef?

Maybe its just me but I feel like the whole setup of the stats etc for each item and your character is much harder to decipher than say DS-R or BB. Way more numbers and I get confused more.

Perhaps the problem is me :)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I wanna turn the numbers off that pop up, I think they're down as Damage Indicators or something. I know it's "supposed to be" an RPG but shooting someone point-blank in the face with a shotgun and seeing a number pop up is hilarious and not what I want

Ironically (with the first person discussion) considering that you have cyber-eyes and eventually have coprocessors that can calculate bullet trajectories to make all your shots nonlethal while your cyberdeck is doing wideband data capture on the health and disposition of every to target in the area, this is the game where damage numbers are more diegetic than ever lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Kingtheninja posted:

Quick question for anyone playing borderlands 3 still: is there a "most fun" class? I'm just starting and only looking to play casually, but I get decision paralysis with these games when it comes to class choice.

Zane or fl4k are the most fun if you want to do more than just shoot. Zane because he gets to use two Actives and fl4k because doggo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Goddamnit I hate dark bramble so much

E: welcome back VG!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
OK so after wrestling with Outer Wilds settings, I have finally gotten it to a point where I do not notice the stuttering (playing on PC - my rig is decent, no idea why the game stutters but it does) and have spent the last few hours exploring.

Imhotep, I am starting to get why you love it. Also why everyone else loves it.

Inital thoughts:

- I have an i5-9600k, 16gb of RAM and an RTX 2070 with a gsync monitor, and yet the game stutters something fierce. No clue why. Worse when I scope over music, it sort of snaps and judders the whole screen.

- Managed to get to the deep. Fell through the atmosphere and crashed my ship onto the structure inside. Got out to repair and suddenly whoosh the sea was gone :aaaaa: What a moment.

Then translated some stuff and read about their cannon. Suddenly, waking up and seeing something launch from Gaint Deep makes sense. I saw that launch! who did it and why?!

- Next life flew to the space station again, but failed and went zooming off into attlerock. Spoke to esker. He told me to stand north and when I did and two of my scope noises aligned, I suddenly had a thought. could I make everything align? I bet I could and I bet if I did it would make a lovely track.

- Next life, because I ended up falling off attlerock and then crashed back down and broke every bone in my body, I got in the ship and decided to go for Brittle Hollow. Landed. Found a weird noise and while I tried to get to it I fell inside the planet.

This was a mistake. Then I hit the weird black sphere and was seemingly carted right out into space from a white sphere. black hole and white hole?

Then the best thing happened. My scope was out, all the sounds aligned and the music played as one. Wonderful! :D

I then tried to get back to my ship and ended up floating into the sun.

No idea what I should be really doing, but I find the space flight really difficult. Landing is more sort of dropping and I over shoot everything. The stuttering is so irritating and put me off playing for the longest time. I think I can deal with it though to keep playing. :3:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Multiple achievements unlocked...

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Akuma posted:

Is it? Other than agility/adaptability... what's the beef?

I feel like there is also a lot less weapons to look at and judge. Still on almost starting armor and the Heide Knight sword (as a STR chr) and I just beat the Lost Sinner

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There's tons of weapons in DS2!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

OK so after wrestling with Outer Wilds settings, I have finally gotten it to a point where I do not notice the stuttering (playing on PC - my rig is decent, no idea why the game stutters but it does) and have spent the last few hours exploring.

Imhotep, I am starting to get why you love it. Also why everyone else loves it.

Inital thoughts:

- I have an i5-9600k, 16gb of RAM and an RTX 2070 with a gsync monitor, and yet the game stutters something fierce. No clue why. Worse when I scope over music, it sort of snaps and judders the whole screen.

- Managed to get to the deep. Fell through the atmosphere and crashed my ship onto the structure inside. Got out to repair and suddenly whoosh the sea was gone :aaaaa: What a moment.

Then translated some stuff and read about their cannon. Suddenly, waking up and seeing something launch from Gaint Deep makes sense. I saw that launch! who did it and why?!

- Next life flew to the space station again, but failed and went zooming off into attlerock. Spoke to esker. He told me to stand north and when I did and two of my scope noises aligned, I suddenly had a thought. could I make everything align? I bet I could and I bet if I did it would make a lovely track.

- Next life, because I ended up falling off attlerock and then crashed back down and broke every bone in my body, I got in the ship and decided to go for Brittle Hollow. Landed. Found a weird noise and while I tried to get to it I fell inside the planet.

This was a mistake. Then I hit the weird black sphere and was seemingly carted right out into space from a white sphere. black hole and white hole?

Then the best thing happened. My scope was out, all the sounds aligned and the music played as one. Wonderful! :D

I then tried to get back to my ship and ended up floating into the sun.

No idea what I should be really doing, but I find the space flight really difficult. Landing is more sort of dropping and I over shoot everything. The stuttering is so irritating and put me off playing for the longest time. I think I can deal with it though to keep playing. :3:

I'm playing it on ps4 and haven't had any performance issues

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I played it on PC with a 1070 and it was smooth as butter... the requisite suggestion to update your drivers?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You get good at Outer Wilds pretty quickly just from the repetition, eventually flying around and remembering where points of interest are become second nature. Make sure you're using the landing camera, it turns on extra piloting assistance you don't get with the normal view.

As for finding stuff to do, the structure of the game automatically caps any wild goose chase at 20 minutes, which I found freeing. Go wherever, look at whatever, and don't worry about how to get back out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Inital thoughts:

Are you playing it on really old or really full hard drive? Or rendering it at like 4K? You shouldn't be getting this bad performance

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It is a 500GB SSD it is installed on. Updated drivers. I spent hours trying to figure out why it hitches when I turn. Like you can tell when I move that it is not 60fps and I have no idea what to do. I genuinely do not. Not a single other game has this issue. I wish I could make it look as smooth as it does on PS4 but it does not work for me for some reason. :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bust Rodd posted:

BP you do this with games you’re too cool to like as well! You basically behaved the same way about Cyberpunk lol!

Incorrect. I like to spend time on my shitposts when discussing a game, especially if it's something I haven't played. I've hypothetically listened to thousands of podcasts this week with hundreds of people discussing their takes on 2077 and subsequently I've mixed some of their anecdotes in with my own commentary, which I think has been rather mild. The rest of the time I'm just laughing at the dankest memes of the year.

Please don't conflate that with corn's posting gimmick!

bows1 posted:

I mean come on you’ve spent the last two days in this thread saying that CP is a broken unfinished unplayable game that was supposed to be third person when none of that is true. Everyone needs to take a step back and relax Jesus Christ.

I'm quite relaxed.

VideoGames posted:

Also I completed Celeste yesterday and 'The Summit' is one of my most favourite end stages to a game ever.

:3:

VideoGames posted:

Next up Outer Wilds, SOMA, Dark Souls and Last Guardian.

Oh wow, if you complete SOMA and Dark Souls before Jan 1 your list is gonna be loving lit

bows1 posted:

Maybe its just me but I feel like the whole setup of the stats etc for each item and your character is much harder to decipher than say DS-R or BB. Way more numbers and I get confused more.

knowing the mixed history of DS2, the problem is definitely not you

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The finger on the monkey's paw closes. Cyberpunk 2077 is now solely 3rd-person camera with a fixed camera and tank controls.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Paracelsus posted:

The finger on the monkey's paw closes. Cyberpunk 2077 is now solely 3rd-person camera with a fixed camera and tank controls.

:yeshaha:

I WILL HAVE MY WAY

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

VideoGames posted:

No idea what I should be really doing, but I find the space flight in Outer Wilds really difficult. Landing is more sort of dropping and I over shoot everything. The stuttering is so irritating and put me off playing for the longest time. I think I can deal with it though to keep playing. :3:

Yeah it takes some getting used to. Landing requires you to feather the match-speed button; it’s impossible to overuse that thing. As far as overshooting goes, keep in mind that your ship accelerates and decelerates with the same amount of force, so if you spend ten seconds getting up to speed you’ll need to reserve ten seconds to slow back down again before you reach your destination.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

bows1 posted:

It’s visually messy and still hard to parse even after playing and finishing every other game in the series. The muddiness of everything is really off putting and hard to look at. I watched a video of the Aldia fight and it looks like Pokemon Stadium

There are way more weapons than DS1 but they’re further out. I thought I had the same issue with lack of interesting weapons but I think it’s just because I’m more familiar with DS1 (DS3 offered a lot of unique weapons close to the start though). I think they wanted to avoid cases of players sprinting to a weapon (zweihander in graveyard, gravelord sword from Nito if you’re quick).

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

fridge corn posted:

I find it difficult to become emotionally invested in games so any game that relies heavily on the strength of its narrative is always going to have a mountain to climb with me
From two pages back, but I can sympathize. I'm hard into playing games mostly for their gameplay, I often skip over entire story cutscenes because I just don't care that much and they're holding me back from getting back to playing the game. Didn't used to be that way, but a game with a really great story and a gameplay that feels like a chore, I'm probably not going to make it through the first few hours, nevermind the entire thing.

I guess it's why Dark Souls was such an amazing experience for me. The game is incredibly light on story in a conventional sense, but it's still all there if you care enough to go looking for it. It's just what works best for me these days.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I have the opposite problem, I have trouble with games where I can’t get invested in the story.

Probably why I bounce off Mario games

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

I guess it's why Dark Souls was such an amazing experience for me. The game is incredibly light on story in a conventional sense, but it's still all there if you care enough to go looking for it. It's just what works best for me these days.

Same here. I’ve played so much dark souls for that reason, 2 especially.

Devil May Cry and resident evil get it right too imo. Their cutscenes are usually fun enough I don’t mind them and they are typically short.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Happy Hedonist posted:

Same here. I’ve played so much dark souls for that reason, 2 especially.

Devil May Cry and resident evil get it right too imo. Their cutscenes are usually fun enough I don’t mind them and they are typically short.
Humor works great for holding my attention in that regard and both DMC and RE are great at knowing exactly just how cheesy they are.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

MechaSeinfeld posted:

There are way more weapons than DS1 but they’re further out. I thought I had the same issue with lack of interesting weapons but I think it’s just because I’m more familiar with DS1 (DS3 offered a lot of unique weapons close to the start though). I think they wanted to avoid cases of players sprinting to a weapon (zweihander in graveyard, gravelord sword from Nito if you’re quick).

The hub-and-spoke design of DS2 means that you can pick a direction to get something early and use it on the rest of the spokes. You had even more options post-DLC/pre-SotFS where you started with the DLC keys in your inventory.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Paracelsus posted:

The hub-and-spoke design of DS2 means that you can pick a direction to get something early and use it on the rest of the spokes. You had even more options post-DLC/pre-SotFS where you started with the DLC keys in your inventory.

I think this is one of the things I enjoyed most, if I got stuck somewhere I could bugger off back to the hub and pick another route and make some progress that way.

also power stance greatswords

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Dark Souls 1 didn't signpost it as strongly, but it worked the same way in a lot of places - you can go like three different places from the moment you are dumped in Firelink. It's a matter of taste, though. I just liked the intricate, interconnected world design of DS1 more, while some people really enjoy the straightforwardness of DS2.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat I just played Cyberpunk for like four hours straight. It’s really got its hooks into me

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Oh speaking of Cyberpunk, be aware there's a mission where UI elements could be stuck on your screen even long after the mission is over. It's called Lightning Breaks, and unfortunately it's part of the main plot so you can't just ignore it. Both the "Skip Ahead" button and buttons related to using a turret will remain on your screen for what seems to be forever.

I tried different things to avoid it and had no luck. Either wait for a patch or live with it.

I thankfully had a save just before starting the mission and only lost the progress I made in it.

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 15, 2020

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I just have a few more side quests in Bugsnax, and then on to the final mission...I don't want this game to end. D:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Read After Burning posted:

I just have a few more side quests in Bugsnax, and then on to the final mission...I don't want this game to end. D:
:(:hf::(

Bugsnax is a great game and I wish it had been twice as long as it was. Also, I love the theme song. It really, really reminds me of something I've heard before, but I just can't put a name to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I'm waiting a while to get CP2077 but I am greatly enjoying posts about the glitches

https://twitter.com/BioDomeWithPS/status/1338232726877515778