Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

Slush Garbo posted:

great thing about fried chx is its still good cold, the next day

i almost always have a drumstick in my shirt pocket for convenient snacking

hell yeah. splash some :hotsauce: on that cold chikkin and you’re g2g.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

biosterous posted:

grood mango! please enjoy this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eenw0p14ZrM

they were in the process of decommissioning this radio telescope when, oops! a mistake happens. so they've got the end result they wanted (radio telescope taken down) but probably not in the way they wanted lol

My roommate told me about this. Though it sounds like it was only decommissioned because of cables snapping. It's a shame that they couldn't replace those cables, and it makes me a little confused they just decommed it right away instead of trying to fix it.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

My roommate told me about this. Though it sounds like it was only decommissioned because of cables snapping. It's a shame that they couldn't replace those cables, and it makes me a little confused they just decommed it right away instead of trying to fix it.

There were major, major structural issues aside from the cables and things surrounding the abject neglect that I can't talk about here because it's probably a rant best left for C-SPAM.

alnilam

good afternoon all, i had a busy day but now i am done early and celebrating with a sazerac :cheers:

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

A sazerac sounds good as hell. I'm here for it.

SIDS Vicious

rawr

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Holy poo poo, Sid, this is really good.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Like your understanding of light is really incredible. I'm proud of you.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

look at that thing

it's a cool lookin dog

Goons Are Gifts

Hello hi welcome

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Glutes Are Great posted:

Hello hi welcome

Hello GaG I am drinking the Polish tea and eating hawaiian bread!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also this is violently American but here we go:

A friend of mine is making mozzarella stick garlic toast grilled cheese sandwiches (the cheese is smoked gouda stacked around the mozz sticks) and serving it with a side of garlic butter for dipping.

I can't eat that and I'm actually a little glad.

Goons Are Gifts

Kief Richards posted:

Hello GaG I am drinking the Polish tea and eating hawaiian bread!!!

ohh poo poo what do you think of the tea and hows the bread???

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

*breathlessly runs into thread without reading the last page*
My orbs...you have to see this!!!!!!!

Bingo Bango incredibly, perfectly, embroided hammock kitty for me for the Hobbies, Crafts, and Houses secret santa and wow i just thought you all should be aware of it i'm still getting over how great it is and trying to figure out where to hang it for maximum chill

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Bingo Bango incredibly, perfectly, embroided hammock kitty for me for the Hobbies, Crafts, and Houses secret santa and wow i just thought you all should be aware of it i'm still getting over how great it is and trying to figure out where to hang it for maximum chill

:five: :thumbsup:

more falafel please

forums poster

hot drat that's good hammock kitty

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Prof. Crocodile

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

:pusheen:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Glutes Are Great posted:

ohh poo poo what do you think of the tea and hows the bread???

I love it!!! It's just spicy enough that I don't need to do anything to it. The bread is just okay and that's disappointing. It's very sticky this time. Next time I'll lower the water ratio.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Bingo Bango, my friend, that is some exceptionally good counted cross stitch!!!!!

Bingo Bango

It was a joy to make and I'm happy it arrive safely! I re-watched Fargo season 1 while working on it, to imbue it with some extra chill.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My dentist just told me over Zoom to rinse my mouth with vodka and then water.

Okay, it's medicinal.

City of Glompton

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

amazing

Prof. Crocodile

Kief Richards posted:

My dentist just told me over Zoom to rinse my mouth with vodka and then water.

Okay, it's medicinal.

Did you source your dentist in trashed crew? Did he look like a grass/bug type pokemon maybe?

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

This but: bean burritos in my overall bib pocket (like as in right now there's a burrito in my pocket)

Is that a burrito in ur pocket or am I just hungry?

Also holy poo poo Sid. That's some good as heck painting

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Did you source your dentist in trashed crew? Did he look like a grass/bug type pokemon maybe?

Now that you mention it, he had a stethoscope from the 60s around his neck and kept giggling and saying "69 teeth, that's the weed number of teeth" while he was doing my x-rays.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Is that a burrito in ur pocket or am I just hungry?

hay bby wanna put your hand in my pocket and see what you find

you'd find a burrito because I made an extra, for you

Escape From Noise

For those who are curious this is the Japanese KFC Christmas menu.
https://www.kfc.co.jp/sp/campaign/xmas2020/

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

hay bby wanna put your hand in my pocket and see what you find

you'd find a burrito because I made an extra, for you

:swoon:

Escape From Noise

Thinking of buying some different dried chilis and chili powders from Rakuten as part of my plan to roast a whole chicken to break down to make enchiladas with sauce made with the stock of the chicken I roast.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 15, 2020

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

more falafel please

forums poster

Thinking of buying some different dried chilis and chili powders from Rakuten as part of my plan to roast a whole chicken to break down to make enchiladas with sauce made with the stock of the chicken I roast.

that is a great idea

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Escape From Noise

Decided against getting the canned Hatch green chili. $50 for 8 4oz cans is a bit steep. The dried chilis were maybe a bit much but I got a few varieties and it's way cheaper than that.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lemme check here. I may be able to mail it cheaper.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Winter sig check. . .

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Lemme check here. I may be able to mail it cheaper.

You probably could. I didn't get that because it was too pricey and I don't need it that quickly. Especially when I still have friends and family in NM who could probably send me stuff. Dried chilis and powder was more than expected but it should last me a good long while. I got a bunch of ancho chili as well as a bit of guajillo and pasilla. Also got some crushed pequin and some red chili powder. It's funny how much cheaper it'd be in the US but I wanted to get this stuff now so I can make enchiladas relatively soon. Also ordered some 00 flour so I'm gonna be makin' pizza! OH BABY!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 15, 2020

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yessss pizza crew!!! We should do a pizza thread.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also I can probably work something out on chile for real, lemme check the local in the morning when they open. I'm going to Jay's to get stuff for GaG anyway. Can you get the stuff to make good beans or should I get some?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is a secret post for Heather Papp's, for whom I am curating a playlist very very slowly:

https://youtu.be/rZgeF5SrCAg

Robot Made of Meat

Sid Vicious posted:

i painted my lil doggo Odin

A+ Doggo. Would scritch.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Also I can probably work something out on chile for real, lemme check the local in the morning when they open. I'm going to Jay's to get stuff for GaG anyway. Can you get the stuff to make good beans or should I get some?

I can get both canned and dried black beans here. Not really pintos so much but I'm okay with that.

Escape From Noise

Actually I'm pretty sure I could get pinto beans. I just have to find the shop.

Edit: Masa Harina! Oh my god! That's something that's hard to get here!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies

by sebmojo

Decided against getting the canned Hatch green chili. $50 for 8 4oz cans is a bit steep. The dried chilis were maybe a bit much but I got a few varieties and it's way cheaper than that.

Holy crap they literally sell Hatch peppers at my grocery store here for 5 bucks for a literal burlap sack full.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!