Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

That Avalanches LP is an absolute master piece btw all. One must listen. Give it a spin chooms.
It's so good, I love that they aren't just trying to remake Since I Left You

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

O_O

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Iconic

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

( )*( )

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

fav npc so far is the fat guy wearing a hat splayed out on a couch playing guitar at the rooftop bare knuckle boxing match

THat guy rules. I like the underwater dancers in The Afterlife as well.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's so good, I love that they aren't just trying to remake Since I Left You

Born To Lose sounds like a Since I Left You song so its good to know they can still do that if they want to. But Im glad they dont.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Jenny Agutter posted:

fav npc so far is the fat guy wearing a hat splayed out on a couch playing guitar at the rooftop bare knuckle boxing match

That guy ftw

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Something cool I noticed is the dialogue selection will change automatically if you look at someone or something that has its own options.

I hope other games rip off the dialogue mechanics, it's great not being locked into conversations. There were a couple times with NPCs at first where I felt weird because there was no option to exit the conversation until I realized you can just walk away and V says goodbye automatically; feels very naturally

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bruh.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Take All

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You take this job, you'll never shoot another shotgun in this town ever again.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm a Level 3 Millionaire.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I actually didn't sell it and you can't even click the bar to sell a little bit and holding the arrow key does 1 piece per second. So it's stuck there and I'm scared to ever pick up more shotgun ammo and I don't want to drop it since it's epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't think I even can drop it because it doesn't appear in my backpack.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I actually didn't sell it and you can't even click the bar to sell a little bit and holding the arrow key does 1 piece per second. So it's stuck there and I'm scared to ever pick up more shotgun ammo and I don't want to drop it since it's epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVZg2fGvTRU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There are some really cool side quests in this game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just saw a cyberwaitress put a burger on a customer's plate with her bare hands. She brought it over on a plate and moved it from that plate onto another. :manning:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hate these loving fries.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Hate these loving fries.

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Crazy what a step back we've taken since the Battlefield: Hardline burger.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Hate these loving fries.

That's a chip butty. They eat that poo poo in castles, dude.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

net cafe scandal posted:

Hate these loving fries.

FF15 has set unrealistic expectations in game food modelling.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zachhammer/status/1338762673404731393

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You should see the ham steak that was on my right. I nearly threw up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The double tap to dodge is driving me insane.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Its not great but I found out you can double tap the crouch button to dodge instead of the arrow keys which is easier and makes slightly more sense.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The perk that gives you slomo for dodging seems to only work 5% of the time but I guess that makes it more hype when it does.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Its not great but I found out you can double tap the crouch button to dodge instead of the arrow keys which is easier and makes slightly more sense.

I keep accidentally dodging into full view with my rear end cheeks spread wide open for a guy with a rocket launcher shotgun or w/e in door ways I'm trying to peep hack.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I keep accidentally dodging into full view with my rear end cheeks spread wide open for a guy with a rocket launcher shotgun or w/e in door ways I'm trying to peep hack.

Oh yeah. That poo poo sucks.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

it sucked in ut so no surprise its still aids 21 years later

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The blunt weapon/brawler tree feels like easy mode. Gain health back every time you connect with a combo strike. Have this insanely high powered stun baton and I can just rambo my way through anything now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

lol

this reminds me of the time i was playing oblivion and this one NPC who had a quest item glitched so that he had tens of thousands of glass arrows, but you couldn't see that in the UI because the numbers just ran off the screen, so i kept reloading trying to figure out why i was permanently encumbered. it took me like 20 retries before i figured out it was just that the dude had infinity arrows.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm still pre-keanu, but quickhacks feel even more busted than i thought. reboot optics plus sneak just isn't fair when there's a single dude, but it's hard not to do it because it levels both skills so quickly.

i like how any time they give you a story choice with the meter it feels like you can really gently caress up. like i'm sure at the ladder jump during the heist it probably wouldn't have made an actual difference, but it does put the pressure on in the moment.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

its 100% possible im too stupid to understand crafting but it seems like it sucks and i regret all the points ive put in it

250 dps first katana. cool name and its my first one and that seems special i wanna keep it. spent hours doing side quests to get money and find loot to break down for rare components. upgrade once-> 260 dps. upgrade twice -> 270 DPS!!!!! (woah!)

im a loving bad rear end, walking down the street with a 270 dps katana i made. choice. do 1 main quest and find a 450 dps katana laying on the ground.. cool.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Have you tried looting a guy with -999899 shotgun shells yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

40 lbs to freedom posted:

its 100% possible im too stupid to understand crafting but it seems like it sucks and i regret all the points ive put in it

250 dps first katana. cool name and its my first one and that seems special i wanna keep it. spent hours doing side quests to get money and find loot to break down for rare components. upgrade once-> 260 dps. upgrade twice -> 270 DPS!!!!! (woah!)

im a loving bad rear end, walking down the street with a 270 dps katana i made. choice. do 1 main quest and find a 450 dps katana laying on the ground.. cool.

I can’t find any clothes or spell recipes idk if they just unlock over time or what. I have so many quick hack materials i have no clue what to do with.