Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Snail Information posted:

They have been doing things that would demoralize them.

Actual snail points here, this is right on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry for the lack of info in my last post. The Goons will endure, they just need to start over. If they lose all of their 0.0 space, they lose all of their infrastructure and defenses. I知 sure they値l lose some members and corps. But to really destroy Goons and The Imperium, like the PAPI propaganda keeps saying. It痴 like any great empire from history. The Players would have to stop believing in it. That style of play would have to not be attractive anymore. I知 sure they値l still have a lot of pilots. They have unlimited isk. They値l bounce back.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Jintozook81 posted:

Sorry for the lack of info in my last post. The Goons will endure, they just need to start over. If they lose all of their 0.0 space, they lose all of their infrastructure and defenses. I知 sure they値l lose some members and corps. But to really destroy Goons and The Imperium, like the PAPI propaganda keeps saying. It痴 like any great empire from history. The Players would have to stop believing in it. That style of play would have to not be attractive anymore. I知 sure they値l still have a lot of pilots. They have unlimited isk. They値l bounce back.

Reply, option A: cite your sources.
Reply, option B: Sir this is the The Something Awful Forums. Who is this "they" you are talking about.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I hear the event sites have good loot.

Not that I can do anything about it since our daycare closed due to a COVID case. :smith:

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Jintozook81 posted:

How many capitals do they (papi, test etc.) have anyway or is it unlimited?

Are they really going to go for 10hours grinding ''stuff'' to kill us. I don't understand what their ''great'' plan will be.

Maybe they will jump in true all the gates in different fleets at the same time if that is possible?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Jintozook81 posted:

If you had to blame someone, who痴 fault would you say all of this is? Like, who in your opinion should be held accountable?

Also, what steps should goons have taken to prevent this very awful predicament they find themselves. Do you have action items you believe the goons should have taken, so they might better prepare themselves next time? Hopefully you can point out mistakes to better them help make a prevail next time.

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 15, 2020

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
I don't know what to put here.
I dont think there is a scenario here where PAPI even tries to siege the 1DQ IHUB (again).

All we had to do to kill the first 4 Keepstars was to keep applying DPS and even there we nearly messed up once or twice.

They have to keep an entosis link active for 10 hours+++? In our stager.. with a faction fort on grid.

Couldn't 10-20 pilots alone keep breaking the entosis link with the target lock breakers?

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Roghie posted:

I dont think there is a scenario here where PAPI even tries to siege the 1DQ IHUB (again).

All we had to do to kill the first 4 Keepstars was to keep applying DPS and even there we nearly messed up once or twice.

They have to keep an entosis link active for 10 hours+++? In our stager.. with a faction fort on grid.

Couldn't 10-20 pilots alone keep breaking the entosis link with the target lock breakers?

You can undock a griffin from the fort and be in jam range.

They don't have to keep the same link up 10 hours, it doesn't reset the timer if it drops, but there is a full warm-up cycle to restart the countdown.

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
I don't know what to put here.

Gounads posted:

You can undock a griffin from the fort and be in jam range.

They don't have to keep the same link up 10 hours, it doesn't reset the timer if it drops, but there is a full warm-up cycle to restart the countdown.

I'm very bad at these mechanics, but isnt there a set time where they can attempt the hack? What happens if we break the link after this time?

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?
Yes.

I think they can keep hacking as long as the hack-timer isn't reset. We can reset the timer either by waiting, or by entosing it ourselves to speed it up.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Jintozook81 posted:

HONK! HONK! HONK!
From the ashes of the goose rises the phoenix goose.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stereotype posted:

Yeah they are just doing a classic siege now and trying to starve out goons. The idea is that every day they keep us confined to our four constellations less people will log in until there are few enough that they can successfully disable the jammers and jump in their supercaps. I'm still semi-afk moon mining and doing the winter exploration sites and industry and importing so like i still have plenty to do, but i guess people who used to super rat might be getting bored.

Frustrated maybe, but I don't get the bored part. There's fighting going on everywhere, we're dishing out the hurt even while severely outnumbered, and even when we lose we make a profit due to SRP. They'll never break us doing what they're doing, all it does is keep people interested/veterans returning.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jintozook81 posted:

Empires don't disappear because people stop believing in them, they disappear because the economic forces that enabled their growth disappear (trade, conquest, etc.).

Goons are more like an institution. If people don't believe in institutions, then they disappear.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's right. We carry goondom with us wherever we go - in here [points to heart]

It's something that these soulless mercenary types, who literally call themselves things like 'test alliance', will never understand.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
More like goons need to be put into an institution am I right?!? :v:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gounads posted:

Yes.

I think they can keep hacking as long as the hack-timer isn't reset. We can reset the timer either by waiting, or by entosing it ourselves to speed it up.

If I understand only one person can link it at a time, so couldn't we just park a brick tanked supercap on it and keep it perma-linked so it can't be hacked?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RFC2324 posted:

If I understand only one person can link it at a time, so couldn't we just park a brick tanked supercap on it and keep it perma-linked so it can't be hacked?

I thought super caps can't do hacking

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Not any more. I believe that its been years now? Sine hacking Minokawas were a thing.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

drat, I guess our preventative hack is gonna be harder to alpha-proof, but the point of preventing the hack in the first place with a brick still stands.

Is this a thing?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

dialhforhero posted:

More like goons need to be put into an institution am I right?!? :v:

Like, omg betch, you, like, don't even know me. Gawd!

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

RFC2324 posted:

drat, I guess our preventative hack is gonna be harder to alpha-proof, but the point of preventing the hack in the first place with a brick still stands.

Is this a thing?

Multiple ships can hack a hub at once. (At least, multiple on the "same team" - I don't know the mechanics if only some of the hackers are defensive.)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

raminasi posted:

Multiple ships can hack a hub at once. (At least, multiple on the "same team" - I don't know the mechanics if only some of the hackers are defensive.)

If you have a defensive and offensive hacker both going whoever starts their cycle first blocks the other person

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

I guess the other not-edencom doctrine PAPI (or at least, some part of) is training for post-coreday is... hictors?

I'm guessing based on the 1dq losses, an Onyx doctrine?

Which, lol

(phobos doctrine plz, though)

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Pikehead posted:

Seems to me that Pandemic Horde understands how internet games are played - they get to shoot at goons and can just walk away when it gets boring (or fails). All they have to do is nod in agreement when Brave/Legacy say that they'll clear out Delve, and they've done that.

Doubt

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
I played this game for a while when goons were still holed up in Deklein - however I left, alongside a large chunk of Space Violence at the time to, to stay in Syndicate with BOS. I won Eve soon after and have not played for like 5 years. Can I come shoot space guys again, or did I breach international space law?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Retarded Goatee posted:

I played this game for a while when goons were still holed up in Deklein - however I left, alongside a large chunk of Space Violence at the time to, to stay in Syndicate with BOS. I won Eve soon after and have not played for like 5 years. Can I come shoot space guys again, or did I breach international space law?

Try to follow retvet procedure, if you have any issues then you'll probably need to email the auth crew and seek clemency.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Retarded Goatee posted:

I think pardons are being handed out freely right now. You might have to talk to Innominate(?).

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

just get mittens in here so he can give u a hug (he hugs everyone)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
mittens is just a nice guy. "Mittens sends his regards" is heard quite often because he is friendly and likes to say hi to people. he is called mittens because he has a large collection of small mittens that he gives out to kittens during the winter, that's just the kind of guy he is.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

He might look you straight in the face while talking to you, this unnerves a lot of people.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Stereotype posted:

mittens is just a nice guy. "Mittens sends his regards" is heard quite often because he is friendly and likes to say hi to people. he is called mittens because he has a large collection of small mittens that he gives out to kittens during the winter, that's just the kind of guy he is.

Actual footage of Mittens donating kitton mittons:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

just get mittens in here so he can give u a hug (he hugs everyone)

mittani groped my tiddy at vegas

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Did he invite you on his boat?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Just because you went halfsies on a hooker doesn't mean her tiddies were yours. Besides, how else is someone supposed to get at the blow?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Jintozook81 posted:

Please change your username to Dintozook81 thank you in advance.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Recoome posted:

it only works when i ask

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

im pretty sure jintozook is in goonwaffe

theyre just not good at posting

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i dont understand your point, daleal and dragonshardzzz are in goonfleetwaffeplatoon too

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
is anyone really good at posting? i mean, i am of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you're posting in the eve thread