Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

piratepilates posted:

A chicken Caesar salad that was not available for catering, so a PA had to find a local restaurant and pick one up just for them. The way the person was described as doing this was by stepping out of the car, and immediately shouting to the friendly PA there to greet them, "CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD".

One of Scott's friends who hadn't been aware of the story also told him about the same thing happening on a different production, and it turns out it was the same person -- so they have a pattern of harassing PAs for chicken Caesar salads.

I think it was like first thing in the morning too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Piquai Souban posted:

How Did This Get Played covered Hypnospace Outlaw, which I loved and I believe is a goon game. Dunno about the male guest though.

I’m starting to wonder about Nick Wiger wrt Hades being “horny as gently caress.” He says that all the time and I’ve played the game a bunch and it’s definitely not horny. It’s all static pictures of like purple anime people and the dialog will be like “Can’t wait to hang out when you get to olympus cousin!” or something. There’s some light optional romance story lines you can pursue but those are pretty chaste by any normal human’s standard.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
All the reviews and discussion I've seen about the game have made mention of its horny levels at some point, so it's not just Wiger. People are just thirsty for those character portraits.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Drunkboxer posted:

He says that all the time and I’ve played the game a bunch and it’s definitely not horny.
IDK bro I think you may be missing some of the subtleties. Dionysus and Aphrodite, obvi. Dusa, classic shy, flustered anime horny. I wouldn't call the game "not-horny". It's aesthetically very horny (and hell I'll say it, even queer), less so in actual content or in-game romance. Like I certainly get the vibe Zag would gently caress any of the people he's not related to.

JethroMcB posted:

All the reviews and discussion I've seen about the game have made mention of its horny levels at some point, so it's not just Wiger. People are just thirsty for those character portraits.
100% doing a lot of the horniness heavy lifting.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is the classic problem where horny has somehow became this catchall for anything with any amount of sexy levels
hades has hot characters who want to get together with each other, but its not like they're constantly talking about boobs and penises so i wouldn't call it very horny myself even with the character who is literally naked all the time

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 14, 2020

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

ManoliIsFat posted:

IDK bro I think you may be missing some of the subtleties. Dionysus and Aphrodite, obvi. Dusa, classic shy, flustered anime horny. I wouldn't call the game "not-horny". It's aesthetically very horny (and hell I'll say it, even queer), less so in actual content or in-game romance.

100% doing a lot of the horniness heavy lifting.

One line of dialog out of 50 will say something like "Say hi to Achilles for me. I always admired him" or something and people are think that that's enough to qualify. It's notably less horny than a Bugs Bunny cartoon. It's infinitely less horny and probably less queer than actual greek myth. Dusa is a decapitated floating child's head without a nose that has snakes for hair. I fully prepared myself to be embarrassed for playing a horned up anime game when I picked it up because of the way it's been talked about and I've gotten to the ending/credits and I've yet to see anything justifying it. I think with some people just seeing a picture drawn like an anime triggers some kind of pavlovian DeviantArt response.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Drunkboxer posted:

I’m starting to wonder about Nick Wiger wrt Hades being “horny as gently caress.” He says that all the time and I’ve played the game a bunch and it’s definitely not horny. It’s all static pictures of like purple anime people and the dialog will be like “Can’t wait to hang out when you get to olympus cousin!” or something. There’s some light optional romance story lines you can pursue but those are pretty chaste by any normal human’s standard.

aphrodite is only covered by her hair you unhorned freak

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

aphrodite is only covered by her hair you unhorned freak

so is cousin It.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

" posted:

"Drunkboxer"" post="510744676"]It's infinitely less horny and probably less queer than actual greek myth.

im in a bdsm-heavy relationship with my adoptive sister and another, simultaneously, with my adopted brother

it's way, way queerer than greek myth, which tends towards not being very queer at all (as, stereotypes aside, consensual adult same-sex relationships were not socially acceptable at all).

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Uh, check please!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

you muust not be too familiar with nick wiger lol

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
That man hosed an apple.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

eke out posted:

iit's way, way queerer than greek myth, which tends towards not being very queer at all (as, stereotypes aside, consensual adult same-sex relationships were not socially acceptable at all).

im glad artemis has all her nymphs and callisto and i wish zeus would stop being so comphety in his talks with her :pensive:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

im glad artemis has all her nymphs and callisto and i wish zeus would stop being so comphety in his talks with her :pensive:

zeus is like "she just needs to find the right guy"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

is it horny to post tasteful pics of kylie jenner to my instagram

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

is it horny to post tasteful pics of kylie jenner to my instagram

Those pics are a must cop for Laker fans.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

eke out posted:

im in a bdsm-heavy relationship with my adoptive sister and another, simultaneously, with my adopted brother

it's way, way queerer than greek myth, which tends towards not being very queer at all (as, stereotypes aside, consensual adult same-sex relationships were not socially acceptable at all).

lol

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
https://twitter.com/paulscheer/status/1338880336906764288

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
hades is horny i jack off to it lots

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i can't listen to HDTGP because i listened to the undertale episode and they said 'lets play the final boss theme' and played the flowey phase 1 track and i got upset

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Farg posted:

i can't listen to HDTGP because i listened to the undertale episode and they said 'lets play the final boss theme' and played the flowey phase 1 track and i got upset

that was the most unbelievable transgression for a podcast i can generally rely on to be knowledgable and thorough about games

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

What band discography do people think the Scotts should be doing next? I think the Smiths would work, except I don't know if they would be able to get 10 episodes out of them.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Didn't the Smiths release four albums total, and that's including a collection of b-sides and a live recording.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Mr. Squishy posted:

Didn't the Smiths release four albums total, and that's including a collection of b-sides and a live recording.

4 studio albums, 1 live, and then 3 comps of singles/b-sides (although two of the comps are pretty comparable in content)

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Morrissey is SUCH a dick that they shouldn't do it. Like, Bono and Byrne are quirky dicks but I think there's some goodness in there, so it's fun to make fun of them. gently caress Morrissey.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mennoknight posted:

Morrissey is SUCH a dick that they shouldn't do it. Like, Bono and Byrne are quirky dicks but I think there's some goodness in there, so it's fun to make fun of them. gently caress Morrissey.

Youre absolutely right. I still love a lot of Morrissey's music. Luckily I'm a firm believer in death of the author.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They should do the Beatles. Get Ringo on.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Or at the very least Hanford as Lennon.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I would love for them to do Prince. Aukerman's idea of doing just the WB years is a good one. His favorite song is "Batdance", they HAVE to do it.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FitFortDanga posted:

I would love for them to do Prince. Aukerman's idea of doing just the WB years is a good one. His favorite song is "Batdance", they HAVE to do it.

Actually this is a good idea. I like a lot of Prince's stuff but know very little about him so getting the backstory and lore and all that would be interesting.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

Or at the very least Hanford as Lennon.

Ringo and Hanford-as-Lennon, in the studio at the same time

Speaking of, The Sloppy Boys' podcast is pretty fun. They're making and sampling each of the IBA official cocktails, though not in any order.

https://twitter.com/TheSloppyBoys/status/1335408620771545089

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
If it doesn’t include Mall McCartney, I’m out

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Drums!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

GoutPatrol posted:

What band discography do people think the Scotts should be doing next? I think the Smiths would work, except I don't know if they would be able to get 10 episodes out of them.

"Four to front Front 242 to me"!?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

boo_radley posted:

Don't tease me

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
You Tal-King Crimson To My Son? hosted by Burt Aukerman and Adam Quardero, Sr.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You Taco-ing to Me? An in depth podcast of the works of Taco.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
R u talking Princes Album Disc's to my Prince Albert Dick

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are you talking (unpronounceable symbol) to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

boo_radley posted:

good god can you imagine if they actually booked Richard 23 for the show