Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

I can’t find any clothes or spell recipes idk if they just unlock over time or what. I have so many quick hack materials i have no clue what to do with.

There are perks in the Intelligence tree to unlock quickhack recipes. I do not know if there are other ways to obtain them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Kongming posted:

There are perks in the Intelligence tree to unlock quickhack recipes. I do not know if there are other ways to obtain them.

Of course the one set of trees i completely neglected. Thanks for the heads up!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

i'm still pre-keanu, but quickhacks feel even more busted than i thought. reboot optics plus sneak just isn't fair when there's a single dude, but it's hard not to do it because it levels both skills so quickly.

i like how any time they give you a story choice with the meter it feels like you can really gently caress up. like i'm sure at the ladder jump during the heist it probably wouldn't have made an actual difference, but it does put the pressure on in the moment.

Sometimes their essentially QTEs that game over you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Which is really annoying since what if I want to let some guy pass out or whatever. Sometimes it’s fine and sometimes I have to reload.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Now that you mention it it’d be tight if having a negative number of bullets lowered your encumbrance but I don’t think they weigh anything. :dawkins101:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Sometimes their essentially QTEs that game over you.

that kinda sucks, there's something better about it having consequences you don't know about down the line, or wondering if you could have done it differently

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s probably just because they want to tell the story but when you give someone the choice and sometimes it just kills you it just seems like they were too lazy to add a lasting consequence. I guess sometimes dying is a consequence of your actions but it’s kinda whack to have it be the same kind of action that just keeps your mouth shut other times.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Instead of seeing what happens if I do or don’t do something it just makes you want to do it so you don’t have to watch the loading screen again. At least for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Hate these loving fries.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lol it looks like one of those pop up dinosaur or bird books. But with fries.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Devs knew.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

tao of lmao posted:

Of course the one set of trees i completely neglected. Thanks for the heads up!

It's insanely good, I have so much cost and cooldown reduction stuff, double damage for hacks on unaware enemies, etc. It's pretty much my primary combat method now and I just take out a gun occasionally to clean up. You definitely want to upgrade your deck ASAP though -- just about every ripperdoc has some unique ones available so it's worth shopping around

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

those fries are what happens when you try an experimental recipe in Breath of the Wild and it makes the sad noise.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I interrupted the manager of a cyborg whorehouse eating a burger and called him ugly, and was forced to shoot up the place. Oops.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I accidentally ran over a sheriff who was sitting in midair in the middle of the road as if he was on a chair.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I accidentally ran over a sheriff who was sitting in midair in the middle of the road as if he was on a chair.

i see so many people complaining about weird bugs like this but personally im so glad this game has that janky loving bethesda openn world charm to it. love it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Kongming posted:

I interrupted the manager of a cyborg whorehouse eating a burger and called him ugly, and was forced to shoot up the place. Oops.

it"s 2020 bro they're called whore workers

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

i see so many people complaining about weird bugs like this but personally im so glad this game has that janky loving bethesda openn world charm to it. love it

I had my first really annoying one today where a pair of turrets became unhackable and invincible and would shred me in like 30 seconds in a zone I was supposed to be calmly walking around doing detective mode poo poo in. Reloading to before the quest fixed it but it was not very charming lol. I feel like the back half of the game is buggier than the beginning

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think a lot of the game hinges on a stable frame rate because I notice poo poo get really insane once the frames start dropping.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had a assassination target in my hands and I put him down because I thought that some corpses were shouting in angry Japanese at me, trying to mkill me, and instead of resting on the floor the corpse flew forward through a wall and I could only grab it because his toe was sticking out of the wall.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The reason I thought corpses could talk is because no one was alive that I could see but there was really loud yelling and I was stuck in combat, and earlier I had killed a guy near a box and when he slumped against the box his body kept talking to me I guess because he was mostly upright still? He was a white x on the map but he kept talking poo poo to me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The janky bugs are funny, but I get annoyed by poo poo like getting stuck in scanning mode in the middle of a fight and not being able to do anything while the enemies are grimacing at you and yelling their combat barks in slow motion.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Photo Mode FTW.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

after the end of act 1, i encountered a glitch that whenever you put on pants, it doesn't put the pants on but it does erase your penis. i had take the pants on and off four times to make my dick come back.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Photo Mode FTW.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is there really no barber, surgeon, etc.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Photo Mode FTW.

Sick lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Is there really no barber, surgeon, etc.

Nah, it's loving crazy that there isn't one too.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I am dressing however I want, but my dumbass brain keeps wanting to mess up my look by wearing the armored fedroa and military grade assless chaps I just picked up so I can get max armor. I dont wanna be railroaded into the grafting tree to avoid.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I am dressing however I want, but my dumbass brain keeps wanting to mess up my look by wearing the armored fedroa and military grade assless chaps I just picked up so I can get max armor. I dont wanna be railroaded into the grafting tree to avoid.

that look sounds sick

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just wish it was a little easier to keep gear that you like the look of.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

But what are you wearing in the game?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't think upgrading stuff takes any crafting skill, just components

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Just stole a car in a lot and the owner calmly got in the passenger seat and is just silently staring at me. I can steer it and go in reverse, but I am unable to drive forward.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Good knews. https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/38

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just replayed the first mission and when I shot the driver and killed him he squeezed through the top of the car and flopped around like a slug and fell out and then when the car crashed into a wall the other guy did the same thing.