Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I had to double check the second Tiger & Bunny OP to see its quality compared to Orion no Nazoru (it's not like worse, but I like Orion no Nazoru a lot more) and I got reminded that all of the product placement deals have expired and current releases of the show have all the logos scrubbed from the costumes and it makes the parts of the OPs where the camera is focusing on the logos pretty awkward lol. Hopefully the second season just uses fake logos to avoid that now that they don't have to rely on the product placement to make the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
yeah it was really jarring seeing the op of that show on netflix and seeing just like. completely barren costumes. it really hurts the aesthetic lol.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
hosed up that i now have to use piracy to see the cool ads on tigers chest.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I had to double check the second Tiger & Bunny OP to see its quality compared to Orion no Nazoru (it's not like worse, but I like Orion no Nazoru a lot more) and I got reminded that all of the product placement deals have expired and current releases of the show have all the logos scrubbed from the costumes and it makes the parts of the OPs where the camera is focusing on the logos pretty awkward lol. Hopefully the second season just uses fake logos to avoid that now that they don't have to rely on the product placement to make the show.

PYF fake anime brands

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

PYF fake anime brands

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
What's the best fake McDonalds

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Hace posted:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hace posted:

Also, I don't know anything about Log Horizon, but I think the new OP is by Band Maid and they're really good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Every Log Horizon season 3 episode will end with a government-mandated cute omake sequence of a chibi Shiroe reminding you to pay your taxes

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

For real though I fear the day Jujustu gets an OP/ED change cause I don't think they can top Lost in Paradise.

They already announced new bands and Co shu Nie does the ED. It's a completely different style than ALI but I like them too, first Promised Neverland ED was great

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hace posted:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Live Action Netflix Adaptation of Yu Yu Hakusho https://twitter.com/NetflixJP_Anime/status/1338982166399598593?s=19

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The fact that Netflix is continuing to do this with new properties before the first one is even out yet isn't sketchy looking at allllllll

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, that's just Netflix basically greenlighting anything thrown at them in general.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
justice for kuwabara. there is no conceivable way that a netflix live action anime adaptation does my boy right.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Netflix, desperate at losing subs because they cancel shows people like to greenlight new shows, greenlights new shows.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, that's just Netflix basically greenlighting anything thrown at them in general.
Kinda, Netflix is setup such that each big manager has their own tiny fiefdom that does not communicate or cooperate with any of the other parts of the organization. So getting something greenlit is just a matter of getting one of the dozen or so guys who controls spending to say yes. Allowing a show to be shopped to netflix multiple times without anyone knowing they've already rejected this show before.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Netflix, desperate at losing subs because they cancel shows people like to greenlight new shows, greenlights new shows.

The pursuit of growth and innovation at all costs

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

PYF fake anime brands

Imagine being the intern whose job it was to go to a FamilyMart and spend 5000yen on reference material for that shot.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AlternateNu posted:

Imagine being the intern whose job it was to go to a FamilyMart and spend 5000yen on reference material for that shot.
As if that wasn't just some dude's stashdrawer

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Frickers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/WEP_anime/status/1339087976291168257

original anime called wonder egg priority announced. main selling point is that its writer is a big live action tv writer, but he hasn't written anime before and the director isnt a name talent or anything. he's had ep director and storyboard roles on a few big things but his only previous full director role is 22/7. hope tis good tho, i really like the character designs and vibe.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Technically speaking they announced it in october, they just didnt reveal much but some character designs and staff

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh i must have missed it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

They still haven't released much besides the staff and a vague PV, lol. The staff is interesting enough that I'll probably give it a look but it's kinda weird how gunshy they're being on what the show's actually *about*.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/WEP_anime/status/1339087976291168257

original anime called wonder egg priority announced. main selling point is that its writer is a big live action tv writer, but he hasn't written anime before and the director isnt a name talent or anything. he's had ep director and storyboard roles on a few big things but his only previous full director role is 22/7. hope tis good tho, i really like the character designs and vibe.

Didn't Ex-Arm just try to do the same general thing with "we got a big live-action name to help produce this"?

I do agree it does look very well made though, I like the general art style.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

They still haven't released much besides the staff and a vague PV, lol. The staff is interesting enough that I'll probably give it a look but it's kinda weird how gunshy they're being on what the show's actually *about*.

seems like a signal for an episode 1 twist

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Didn't Ex-Arm just try to do the same general thing with "we got a big live-action name to help produce this"?

I do agree it does look very well made though, I like the general art style.

pretty big difference between "we got a live-action tv writer to write our show" and "we got a live-action tv production staff with no animation experience to make our show"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh, is that what's going on with ExArm?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

What's the over/under on live action anime at this point? The last one I bothered to watch was the death note movie and it was just ok. I heard jojo and AoT were bad.

They should just remaster the anime.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Every "Netflix-Exclusive" live action adaptation of a manga/anime so far has been loving terrible.

(I think there are a couple of J-Drama adaptations shoujo mangas that have been OK? But they seem to not be "Netflix Exclusive!" at all)

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Freakazoid_ posted:

What's the over/under on live action anime at this point? The last one I bothered to watch was the death note movie and it was just ok. I heard jojo and AoT were bad.

They should just remaster the anime.

Oddsmakers currently have the O/U on live action anime at 42.5, and smart money is on the under.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Wark Say posted:

Every "Netflix-Exclusive" live action adaptation of a manga/anime so far has been loving terrible.
It'll follow death note and set everything in a high school.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Live action Death Note was hilarious because it was clear they had zero respect for the source material.

Look you have to either give every single gently caress or give zero fucks like Verhoven's Starship Troopers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The only good live action anime is the Gintama movie

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The last movie I saw in cinemas before covid was the live action version of My Love Story and that was pretty fun.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

The only good live action anime is the Gintama movie

The live-action Gantz movies are legit good action films.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Takashi Miike directed adaptations of Jojo, Blade of the Immortal, and Yakuza (which isn't technically an anime, but close enough), and they're all fantastic, though I love his work in general. Oh, also Phoenix Wright.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

How did i not know this existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nipponophile posted:

Takashi Miike directed adaptations of Jojo, Blade of the Immortal, and Yakuza (which isn't technically an anime, but close enough), and they're all fantastic, though I love his work in general. Oh, also Phoenix Wright.

The Phoenix Wright movie is a fantastic adaptation. It really gets the game's general tone and setting, and one of my favourite details is rather than pepper the background characters in the courtroom with just people in normal clothes there's a good portion in outfits as exotic and unique as the central cast's :allears:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW255QVcTVs