Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
it looks like the raid challenge this week (red rover, for the first encounter/security room) is that each player must take operator and activate two panels below- you have to three phase the encounter

yuck, bad design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Xpost from console

Waroduce posted:

What do I run and what stat thresholds should I be looking for with dunemarchers pvp? There's a bunch of youtube videos but I'm not sure whats good

I also got a free exotic engram and have some resources from the season and stuff for older mats.....somehow...maybe as a reward from the season pass?....is there any particularly good exotics I should grab? Or just go gamble on xur? Pref for pvp honestly. I'm semi interested in qualifying for Osiris when I get higher.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I got notification that the Hawkmoon quest can be progressed now? I already have the gun, but I can't find anything in the menu or the world to actually trigger anything with Crow or whatnot. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
So has the dawning actually started? Eva gave me an oven but there's no bounties or anything. Am I finally free from bounties?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You cook Zavala some Gjallardoodles and some cookies for Holliday and Bounties are back, baby

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Bungie upping their movie reference game with the new silver-only Happy Trails finisher.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If I got whisper of the worm on ps4, do I need to do the quest again (which obv I can't) on pc now that I own forsaken on it too? Or do I have all my progress on completed quests? Haven't logged in to see yet.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

If I got whisper of the worm on ps4, do I need to do the quest again (which obv I can't) on pc now that I own forsaken on it too? Or do I have all my progress on completed quests? Haven't logged in to see yet.

If you have cross-save enabled and PS4 as your main save, then no.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pirate Jet posted:

If you have cross-save enabled and PS4 as your main save, then no.

Hooray I do

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Arctic Haze almost makes up for sunsetting Arc Logic. It's not quite as steady but it's a drat good auto-rifle. It's still stupid that they seem to have power capped every other elemental AR.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Arctic Haze almost makes up for sunsetting Arc Logic. It's not quite as steady but it's a drat good auto-rifle. It's still stupid that they seem to have power capped every other elemental AR.
I just recognized that both guns are elemental Auto Rifles that start with 'Arc', but Arctic Haze is actually Solar damage (despite there being no available Arc Auto Rifles in the game right now, besides Hard Light I guess).

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

sticklefifer posted:

There’s still two seasons after this one on Gnawing Hunger!

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
This hopefully a dumb question, but is there a way to tell what the "elemental burn" is without launching the strikes playlist? I like to move a lot of things around (exotic armor and such) depending on subclass so I would like to prepare a little bit, and I can only figure out how to see which burn it is when it's actually loading.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

OzFactor posted:

This hopefully a dumb question, but is there a way to tell what the "elemental burn" is without launching the strikes playlist? I like to move a lot of things around (exotic armor and such) depending on subclass so I would like to prepare a little bit, and I can only figure out how to see which burn it is when it's actually loading.

you select it but don't hit launch

then you can mouse over the modifier's on the left

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

OzFactor posted:

In the launch screen (Where is says Vanguard Strikes / Strike Playlist on the bottom left), just above that are three round symbols. Mouse-over the leftmost and it will tell you the current burn (though it will show "singe" - same thing). Like this:

Edit: It apparently can also be Stasis Singe at the same time as the normal 3 now? That's new.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 16, 2020

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Hobnob posted:

Edit: It apparently can also be Stasis Singe at the same time as the normal 3 now? That's new.

That's most likely an olive branch to people who didn't get BLight so they don't lose out on the weekly Pinnacle.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I picked up Shadowkeep since I already technically started on it, and I'm guessing the expansions should be savored and not rushed. I mean I really like the game so far; it has that Bungie trademark great gunplay and gameplay loop, but it's probably best done in hour or so spurts. I also tried another Crucible Elimination match and I did pretty well for myself; can't say the same about the one guy on my team who just buggered off and did his own thing then quit when we were losing.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The campaigns are about 3-4 hours of content and are certainly the weakest aspect of each expansion. Get through them in whatever manner is most pleasant for you (slow and steady, blaze through it to get it over with, no wrong answer here) and expect the Good Content to come after. Raids, dungeons, nightfalls, pvp with some buddies, these are the things that separate Destiny from CoD or Borderlands or whatever the competitors are

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Hobnob posted:

In the launch screen (Where is says Vanguard Strikes / Strike Playlist on the bottom left), just above that are three round symbols. Mouse-over the leftmost and it will tell you the current burn (though it will show "singe" - same thing). Like this:

seen the Stasis singe a few times. Seen it twice on Mondays, and on a Tuesday I think.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Stasis seems to be paired with Solar? could have sworn I saw a day with both of them active

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

stasis is in the same rotation category as grenadier/heavyweight/brawler, just rotates through

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Polygon asking the important questions

https://youtu.be/M9GNuRwuxuU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1339034789731389440

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Chiming in to say The Mirthmobile or whatever the fucks its called is some of the best money I have ever spent

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Due to an issue, you may only go to the tower if it's sunny and below 56 degrees out.

Oh also we don't playtest anything ever.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Red Rover raid challenge is easy but just takes an annoying amount of planning. It's not very well designed because one person just Quarterbacks the hell out of it and tells all 6 people exactly what they're doing and when, so it's a highly choreographed dance

Double loot tho!

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

What's the best non exotic slug shotgun that doesn't require a raid? I can't use The Chaperone anymore because I have too many other exotics I want to use

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Strelok604 posted:

What's the best non exotic slug shotgun that doesn't require a raid? I can't use The Chaperone anymore because I have too many other exotics I want to use

Bonechiller and first in last out are both good. I don't really use slugs outside of the Taniks raid fight but they're good options for when you want void or arc, respectively

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bonechiller and first in last out are both good. I don't really use slugs outside of the Taniks raid fight but they're good options for when you want void or arc, respectively

Is there any way to get First In Last Out anymore other than engrams?

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bonechiller can also be easily farmed for good rolls through Taniks’ defending Europa challenges

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So just the weekly dawning quests?

So odd.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

This isn't the first time this has happened with event resets either.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

These legendary lost sectors are so annoying and not fun. I've done them last night before work and wasted so much time. Then this morning after work I still haven't got them to drop on two characters. It wouldn't be bad if I got SOMETHING for doing them but loving blues are not rewards. One measly enhancement core is not a reward. When you make the hamster wheel this transparent is when people get mad.

DMC games are my favorite games so no difficulty is not new to me. This is tedious.

RBX fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 16, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RBX posted:

These legendary lost sectors are so annoying and not fun. I've done them last night before work and wasted so much time. Then this morning after work I still haven't got them to drop on two characters. It wouldn't be bad if I got SOMETHING for doing them but loving blues are not rewards. One measly enhancement core is not a reward. When you make the hamster wheel this transparent is when people get mad.

DMC games are my favorite games so no difficulty is not new to me. This is tedious.

I just finished the sector for the 8th time in a row without getting those stupid exotic gloves

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Between this morning and last last I have to have done this thing 40 times.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The titan exotic isn't even good right? Isn't it a pretty weak overshield?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

RBA Starblade posted:

It gives an extra 100 HP but hampers your movement a ton

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

hiddenriverninja posted:

It gives an extra 100 HP but hampers your movement a ton

Is there an activation animation? I'm visioning the heavy overshield from PlanetSide2 and the broken poo poo you used to be able to do with it

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

RBA Starblade posted:

Several people I consider good enough to care about the opinions of swear by it in crucible.

For PvE it’s pretty meh, because of the movement issue.

I’ll let you know if I have any thoughts on it whenever I get around to getting it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

It also delays your class ability regen as long as you have the ice shield up.

I have them but don't main Titan. I'll see if I can get on and post a trip report.

edit: played a match of Control and I dig them. The overshield definitely saved my bacon a few times.

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 16, 2020